• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

haunts

Bacon of Hope
So when Magus loses to console characters hes a scrub but when Daigo loses to console characters he "dosent know the match up". :lol

Thought Fubar wasn't going to the tourney.

And Jibbo might get a free win against Daigo.

Haunts, there's a difference between Magus and Daigo. I KNOW I saw Magus at the Keystone Light streams playing console SFIV. Daigo is probably only playing arcade.

haunts said:
So when Magus loses to console characters hes a scrub but when Daigo loses to console characters he "dosent know the match up". :lol
i think the perception has more to do with the number of console players in their respective countries

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
i think the perception has more to do with the number of console players in their respective countries

No match up exp is no match up exp. Its the same thing.

DryEyeRelief said:
Sanford is just ridiculously good.

This. People need to stop making excuses for Daigo.

Over 5000 matches and 400 hours. I actually didn't even play SF4 for a few days because of Risen. Well now I played for awhile and went over 5000.

Also, good games Oldern. I noticed that Viper gets stunned pretty easily from that one jump-in combo (j.hk ~ s.hk ~ s.lp xx EX-rush). Have to start to use it some more. ;)

V_Arnold

Rocky_Balboa said:
Over 5000 matches and 400 hours. I actually didn't even play SF4 for a few days because of Risen. Well now I played for awhile and went over 5000.

Also, good games Oldern. I noticed that Viper gets stunned pretty easily from that one jump-in combo (j.hk ~ s.hk ~ s.lp xx EX-rush). Have to start to use it some more. ;)

Thank you, too! Very good games. I do not know, I feel like I am totally playing a different game when I am against someone clearly out of my league. I have a few fighter in my friend list, whom we play together even IRL since the start, and altough I fear neither of them, there are times when I have to work hard to dominate them. But with Viper, I just cant dominate your Balrog. It is like a huge wall ahead of me, and it is blocking me mentally during our encounters, which you might aswell notice. When I am clear, I am able to win some rounds. But when I am like "omg, where is the point where I can poke in? WHERE?", i eat a 60%-combo, then some more, then stun, then KO! :D

But while at our last play, I totally felt I do not want to play SFIV ever again, this time it gave me inspiration. And I went to trial mode to overcome Viper's hard 2nd trial, which was impossible to me (controller 360, analogue, default settings) for almost half a year now. I did it.

All I had to realize is that Negativ Edge helps a lot. So Tk, then piano: lp, ppp hold, forward circle*2, ppp release. And it worked after a few attempts. This game is the game of the generation for me so far. And it will have a Super Version coming....

(...and some might consider this a RIPOFF! Rip that 580 hours playtime off me, please.)

kitzkozan

DryEyeRelief said:
The chat is going crazy, geez.

:lol

It must be a shock for all the Daigo fanboys to see that he's far from unbeatable,even in the US and especially against console characters.

If SSF IV isn't released in japanese arcades by summer 2010,it's official that either Wong or someone else from the US is going to win EVO.Neither Daigo or Mago or whatever top japanese player will be able to hang with the top Juri or Dee Jay or one of the new character. :p

I think Wong could defeat Daigo with his Fei Long(he certainly has more chances than with Rufus,Abel or Balrog). :D

V_Arnold said:
(controller 360, analogue, default settings)
Are you using the X360 controller? I would imagine that X360 controller + Viper isn't the easiest combination.

I don't know exactly how balanced the Rog vs Viper match-up is, but seems that Rog has some good moves against Viper. One thing that you could really improve is punishing. For example when you blocked my headbutt, you punished with a throw. I'm sure you could do a simple BnB combo and get more damage from that.

Top Bottom