• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Pad Viper did his thing real nice, props to him...

And Justin didn't even dare to use Fei Long even once? Was he scared?

Mr Jared said:
This is Haunts under Mr Jareds account.. We got a live stream going feat Crackfiend, Filipino Champ, Thrust07 and many others... check it out..

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iplaywinner

sign in and leave us feedback!!

This is how you make a quality stream - nice...

SnowWolf said:
Complete run-down of the Justin/Daigo match, courtesy of me. The first 5 games were intense nail-biters. Afterwards, Daigo just steamrolled over Justin in what became a combo showcase. Seth Killian even remarked that one combo Daigo did was straight out of Nagoya Street Battle (don't remember specifics, but it was a series of tight links, 5-6 hits). Justin did a couple random wake-up ultras for no reason that left everybody confused. He did have an awesome Balrog ultra when Daigo attempted to cross-up. It was identical to the same one that Maeda Taisen did to Daigo in Nagoya Street Battle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYl62JfFQCE&fmt=18

The crowd went absolutely bonkers when Justin picked Balrog. He showed good footsies in the first Balrog game but Daigo downloaded him fairly quickly. When he went back to Rufus, the crowd kinda deflated. I'm not entirely surprised by the C.Viper pick. I was watching Justin in casuals earlier today and he was putting work into C. Viper.

Game 1: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)
Round 1: Justin
Round 2: Justin
Winner: Justin

Game 2: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)
Round 1: Daigo
Round 2: Daigo
Winner: Daigo

Game 3: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)
Round 3: Justin
Winner: Justin

Game 4: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)

Game 5: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)

Game 6: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)
Round 1: Justin
Round 3: Daigo

Game 7: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Balrog)

Game 8: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Balrog)

Game 9: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)

Game 10: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)

Game 11: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (C. Viper)

Game 12: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (C. Viper)

thank you for the run down! awesome post.

I was going to think this was going to be a much closer game. But I did read from Sabin's Japan thread that Daigo was really practicing and stepping it up for this big time. Damn, Daigo just figure u out so fast. The longer the fight, the less likely you will win.

can't wait to get the DVD and see this

I didn't want to do this, but the GAF SF4 thread must know the truth, Timedog DUCKED ME. I asked him for some matches and he didn't reply to me at all. Lets face it, the fears my rice powered Ryu. I guess the we'll have to postpone the epic battle of 2 dudes who play Ryu over 90% of the time until Timedog can find the courage to accept my challenge.

Naw, just playing, we'll try again another day Timedog

Is it just Northern California players going?

And wow @ Daigo owning Wong. I think Sanford could POSSIBLY (not entirely) do better since he has Cammy.

Capcom needs to stop putting walls between the U.S. and Japan. Like why didn't they release HD Remix as an arcade title? It would've been awesome because then we could've gotten another update, as they rebalanced it, etc.

Or how about that SSFIV? SFIV has been in the Arcadia top 10 for more than a year. If they're going to make money on the title in their territory, release it through that. Everywhere else (Korea has a pretty good arcade scene), release it on console.

Justin should have busted Fei Wong if Daigo is still unfamiliar with console characters.

so there will be a Sanford vs Daigo ft10 tomorrow?

I guess. No one knows when they will show it or if it'll be on DVD.

And I can't believe all they've shown is SFIV. Mind you, it's my favorite game but a lil variety wouldn't hurt. I like HDR too. And I'm sure there are Blaz Blue and MVC2 fans.

Guess they want that fight money (for DVD).

haunts said:
We didnt have Daigo at my house but I hope you guys enjoyed the stream.. We should be doing some more before NorCal Regionals next month..
lol, i was wondering where that was

i was acabebe, btw, just so crackfiend doesn't lose sleep

...actually i don't even think crackfiend knows me nevermind :(

Spiderjericho said:

And I can't believe all they've shown is SFIV. Mind you, it's my favorite game but a lil variety wouldn't hurt. I like HDR too. And I'm sure there are Blaz Blue and MVC2 fans.

They showed 3S

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Dude, Ricemaster, I had the game loaded up but I was trying to find out how to do costume mods. I downloaded the hollywood hogan zangief but I can't figure out how to install it. Also I think I somehow injured my penis. The tip is numb.

KittenMaster said:
Screw whether console chars are a weakness or not. Sanford Kelly is the greatest SF4 player in the world now.
What is this I don't eve

SoulFist

After going back and forth between Ryu and Balrog, I think I've finally decided I want to main the boxer. I can land his LP LP LK into headbutt and can land his EX rushing upper into LP LK Headbutt. I was hoping some Balrog players could give me some good tips. Maybe Findmyfarms has some secrets for fighting with the 'Rogster.

kitzkozan

KittenMaster said:
Screw whether console chars are a weakness or not. Sanford Kelly is the greatest SF4 player in the world now.

He's not the best yet,but he's the most entertaining imo. :D

Gotta love seeing him beasting with trash tier character or take insane risk.

The only thing holding him back is his own mind.He's got this complex against Justin Wong,where he will lose to him no matter what kind of character are being pick(Fei Long vs Cammy or Rufus vs Cammy or whatever).You see him being super nervous and even shaking as if he's terminally ill or something. :lol It's even worse to see him after the loss,making it look as if he just learned that his mother died or something.

The guy can hardly handle the pressure,which is too bad because the skill is there to be the best in the world.His Dan is just ridiculous. :lol Only a monster could scare the crap out of you even if he pick Dan.

I am also surprised to see so many Vega at these tournaments.It's too bad that the character was crippled for vanilla IV,because I enjoy his basic gameplay and love the claw.He better be a solid mid tier at worst in SSF IV. :D

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I randomly stumbled on jwong's twitter and found this:

OMGGGG me and Daigo almost went to jail because we went to Mickey D's drivethru and caused trouble

We were just hungry and there was no food anywhere. Ohio peeps complaining we were in the drivethru with no car lol

:lol

kitzkozan

Spiderjericho said:

Sure,the community is riding SF IV as hard as they can and I can't really blame them. :lol

It's a question of offer and demand,as most people want to watch IV anyway.Even with 3rd strike or HDR being showcased at these events,most people ask for IV so what are you gonna do. :p

Expect Tekken 6 BR to have good exposure as well,but SF IV/SSF IV will be the main FG in the US for the next few years.Like the game or not,it's easy to follow the action and the cinematic ultra help in making it so watchable for hardcore or casual fans.

Lost Fragment said:

OMGGGG me and Daigo almost went to jail because we went to Mickey D's drivethru and caused trouble

We were just hungry and there was no food anywhere. Ohio peeps complaining we were in the drivethru with no car lol

Lost Fragment said:
Someone on SRK said that Pad Viper might be porkloafking.

NO WAY.

We used to play all the time on psn, and he told me he was going to sb4 last we played, but in all seriousness I streaked him in a viper mirror match the last session we had, so if he's beasting at SB4 then I will be surprised like a mofo.

edit - This is blowing my mind, turns out porkloafking was the rose player as well. I guess he must have levelled up like crazy before sb4

Dizzy-4U

Lost Fragment said:

Too bad the police didn't arrest them. The mugshots would have been the greatest thing ever :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
IF anyone needs a noob to kick his ass im on PSN.
I dont have anyone to play since Dizzy-4-U doesnt want to play with me.
According to his words : 'U Noob LOLZ' :(

Justin Wong twitter said:
God damn I got raped 10-2 by daigo. Lol scrubwong

Spiderjericho said:
I'll play you. Are you in the GAFChat?
Nope.

Fersis said:
IF anyone needs a noob to kick his ass im on PSN.
I dont have anyone to play since Dizzy-4-U doesnt want to play with me.
According to his words : 'U Noob LOLZ' :(

I'll play you. Are you in the GAFChat?

Fersis said:

Just sent you a friend request. Hit the button. I'll be using Honda and Dan (possibly whoever). I'm okay, so you have a chance. Prototype said he sucked and whooped my butt.

ghaleon said:
Hey guys, I realize the stream must be chopsocky but don't blame Seb and these guys -- all we have is wireless, not their fault. Since today is the big day I'll try to see if MoMos can get us wired. I'm happy we can get a stream out of MoMos at all.

1.5 hr sleep Friday night and I'm still up -- MACHINE. We absolutely bodied eight staggered SFIV 32-man pools (250 players on the dot) in like 3 hours each (3 TVs per pool, 12 stations). BIG SHOUTOUTS coming to everyone who made this possible, from set up help to bracket help to the warriors running SFIV pools + each tourney. Numbers besides SFIV are pretty good. SFIV took about 8 hours overall to get Top 16, WITH all the madness going on at the same time. I couldn't be more proud of the event, all our help and all the players.

Sunday Study Guide:

GG results = ?? will post tomorrow, don't have the bracket right now
3s results = 1st Issei, 2nd Justin W, 3rd Frodo

All matches should be streamed unless we need to start running an additional non-streamed station for time purposes (we should be good on one).

BB Top 8 (12 p.m.)
YK_KoF, HC, Fubarduck, 10stars, Jack G, Juicy Chicken, Aaron S, Lord Knight

SF:HD Top 8 (after)
Winners: Daigo vs. DGV; AmanO vs. Damdai
Losers: Sanford vs. Vega (Immortal), JoshtheFuncDoc vs.Eduardo (vVv Scrub)

SB Marvel, home of Pringles (after):
Winners: Magneto X, Sanford, Neo, Justin W
Losers: fanatiq, Matrix, Chunk, j360

SFIV Top 16 (like 5 p.m.)
Winners: Justin/Fascinating, vVv Scrub/Issei, iloveyjoe/Floe, TwistedJago/Daigo
Losers: Lud/Vegita X, Dr. Chaos/checkmate, DemonHyo/ramza, Wolfkrone/Sanford

Sunday will be so chill. UMK3 all day haha. Seth said he could commentate some today in addition to Skisonic and co, as he did on the Daigo/Justin match.

1. Lex
2. iloveu joe
3. Jakki
4. JohnnyCakes
5. FLoE
6. Calm Warrior
7. Tim Static
8. Moses
9. Lucky Day
10. Larry

Again, thanks to all. Props to www.UltimateMK.com , www.ShoRyuKen.com & www.MortalKombatUnited.com

Also 3s results
1. Issei (yun)
2. JWong (Chun, Ken)
3. Frodo (Ryu)
4. Daigo (Ken)

Daigo Vs. Justin first to 10
Daigo wins 10-2
iloveu joe beats Tim Static in first to 10 for $100 in UMK3, 10-4

lifted from SRK. Should be an interesting afternoon.

Top Bottom