• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Terrible. I got Jwonged 10-2 by Rice Eater. I simply cannot block very well on stick. And dragon punches from a crouch position while he was jumping in worked like 1/20 times and I'd just get comboed EVERY time. Maybe I should start just doing cr. fp as an anti-air like he was doing.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They're playing a custom version. DMX music on the character select screen. :lol One of the stages have living Joy's dreamer as the bg music. :lol The custom colors are cool though. I want that white psylocke and all black storm in my game.

Timedog said:
Terrible. I got Jwonged 10-2 by Rice Eater. I simply cannot block very well on stick. And dragon punches from a crouch position while he was jumping in worked like 1/20 times and I'd just get comboed EVERY time. Maybe I should start just doing cr. fp as an anti-air like he was doing.

LOL, I just noticed that you didn't count the Abel win, I did that accidentally because I normally search instead of host matches. And yeah, I do c. HP almost all the time because I can't DP on reaction. And I noticed you were having trouble getting the DP out so I just kept coming jumping in until you gave me a reason not to.

It does feel a bit tainted though, I know you were a pad player and am now trying to get use to playing on a stick which you're not as good yet as you were with a pad. We'll run it back some other time, good luck on improving with the stick. I gave up a few months ago, trying to learn on your own takes a lot of patience. Something I guess I just don't have.

Until then I guess I AM THE NUMBA ONE FULL TIME RYU PLAYA ON GAF. Sorry farms, you and your part time Ryu don't count :p

Jason

Kikujiro said:
The stream is lookin' good right now (no lag or black screen), hope it will last.

Yeah. They shut it down for a few minutes when someone from ustream offered to help and it looks like it did the job.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jason said:
Yeah. They shut it down for a few minutes when someone from ustream offered to help and it looks like it did the job.
Really? Thats awesome

LakeEarth said:
Damn, my TE stick buttons are dying. Never modded it. Where can I get new ones?

Yo, my stick seems a bit jacked too. I keep trying to do standing strong into dankyukakyu (sp) and I'm able to do it on my pad. I have to test one of my other sticks to see.

Anyways, Lizard Lick or Akihabara are places you can find replacement buttons or sticks.

Also, Rice Eater, I play Ryu too.

Fersis, I sent you and hikarutilmitt friend requests. I'll check later on PSN and see if you accepted, so I can add you to the chat.

Rice-Eater said:
Until then I guess I AM THE NUMBA ONE FULL TIME RYU PLAYA ON GAF. Sorry farms, you and your part time Ryu don't count :p

Noooooo T_T

Edit - Forgot about SpiderJericho! He's the real number one full time ryu playa :p He did go undefeated in the team tourney ya know!

LakeEarth

Spiderjericho said:
Yo, my stick seems a bit jacked too. I keep trying to do standing strong into dankyukakyu (sp) and I'm able to do it on my pad. I have to test one of my other sticks to see.
Right now I have to double tap roundhouse anytime I want to use that button to up the chances of it working. I have to hit the button dead center for it to work. Medium punch is missing once and a while as well :S

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rice-Eater said:
LOL, I just noticed that you didn't count the Abel win, I did that accidentally because I normally search instead of host matches. And yeah, I do c. HP almost all the time because I can't DP on reaction. And I noticed you were having trouble getting the DP out so I just kept coming jumping in until you gave me a reason not to.

It does feel a bit tainted though, I know you were a pad player and am now trying to get use to playing on a stick which you're not as good yet as you were with a pad. We'll run it back some other time, good luck on improving with the stick. I gave up a few months ago, trying to learn on your own takes a lot of patience. Something I guess I just don't have.

Oh, farms already called me for the rematch. I got next.

FindMyFarms said:
Noooooo T_T

Edit - Forgot about SpiderJericho! He's the real number one full time ryu playa :p He did go undefeated in the team tourney ya know!

I'm the number one scrub and member of the FMF fan club!! The top 16 is bout to start in 10 minutes. Seth Killian commentary.

LakeEarth said:
Right now I have to double tap roundhouse anytime I want to use that button to up the chances of it working. I have to hit the button dead center for it to work. Medium punch is missing once and a while as well :S

Yeah, try Lizard Lick or Akihabara shop. Use a Hex key to open up the top. You can either replace the buttons with Sanwa or Seimitsu. Sanwa are more sensitive to Seimitsu. But it's all preference.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Spiderjericho said:
Chun vs. Zangief seems like a difficult match for Zangief. Chun's keep out game is good. Unless Zangief had meter, he had to stay back.

Pad Viper!!!!

He played a bit too risky. I would have stayed behind always and rarely get in, but aside from that... pretty nice game from the Chun. Of course if Zangief gets in it's pretty hard for Chun then =P

ShinNL

I just came back from a Dutch meeting and damn, the most annoying thing has to be overhead jump, lp -> grab. Especially E.Honda's command grab. It's just so... ridiculous.

I held up pretty okay with my Cammy and Rose. But command grab after a poke... man, so annoying. I can usually get out of normal grabs, but I can't tech a command grab. So I just have to jump, but that's just playing right into the enemy's hands (let the mind games start!).

Damn that E.Honda. E.Honda was definitely my worst enemy today, probably because there are hardly any good E.Honda players online, so I wasn't used to it at all. But at the same time, everyone there not used to Cammy or Rose didn't know what to do about my rush down either so those were easy wins :)

"Block low and look out for grabs" won't save people from my Cammy ;D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sanford/Sandford beats Daigo on semis and loses to Wong on finals.
Im calling it.

LakeEarth said:
Damn, my TE stick buttons are dying. Never modded it. Where can I get new ones?
gamingnow.net
I think the Sanwa OBSF-30s are on sale now (30mm action buttons on TE stick)

I'm glad Seth is on commentary

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I beat a guy 2nd round just now jabbing him out of his Balrog ultra. 3rd match was the exact same situation but he was a bit closer and I've never tried to jab him out of it from close/medium distance. I had 30% left and could have blocked it and won the game easily but I tried to be flashy and got owned :lol

Top Bottom