• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Daigo say take that!!

You learn English, so you can say my name!!

Chris Hu is awesome. Seth is coo. Yipes is funny. But Hu is both funny and insightful.

Andre, Sanford and Eduardo took it to Daigo. Those three, along with Wong and Marn could dominate the tournament scene for the next year in SFIV.

That 10 day ban felt longer than I imagined...me and my backseat modding.

Anyways, Daigo put on a clinic during those MM's. His comp put up an excellent show.

FindMyFarms said:
I need to do that 1st

No, don't do it, there isn't anybody to play in the PC version
15.gif

Yeah, graphically (with a good graphics card) and compatibility (PS3 or Xbox controllers), the PC is the best (plus mods).

GAF community on PS3 is good (GAFchat and the people who post in this thread).

Live, you can find random player and championship matches at any time. And due to the number of people, the connections can sometimes be better.

Just stick with what you have. And you went back to Boxer, FMF? After watching the Daigo/Marn money matches and reminiscing on the Valle/Marn matches, she's such a cheap character.

I think it's cool that New Yorkers and Europeans will get to preview SSFIV. But I want new info like did they dump all of the old backgrounds, corny elevator music and what gameplay changes did they make. But I guess, they have to string everyone along until March.

"I'm thinking "Man, I would love to visit this" then I remember I'm not good at SFIV."

It's not a tournament. It's basically just going to be a bunch of SF/Capcom fans going to hang out and get a sneak peek at SSF4 and TvC USA. There's no reason to *not* go if you want to.

Teknopathetic said:
"I'm thinking "Man, I would love to visit this" then I remember I'm not good at SFIV."

It's not a tournament. It's basically just going to be a bunch of SF/Capcom fans going to hang out and get a sneak peak at SSF4 and TvC USA. There's no reason to *not* go if you want to.

I heard Daigo is going to be there. Perfect time to pick these new console characters and play him in a money match.

I have a confession GAF.

Tonight I was doing some player matches against Lost Fragment, and he was thoroughly trouncing me with his Viper. This was the third night in a row that I got my ass kicked, AJ Greg destroyed me last night, and LakeEarth the night before that.

So I experimented... and experimented... and then things got a little out of hand.

Before I knew it I was completing all of Ryu's trials.

It's official GAF. I've gone from maining Gouken to Ryu.

I feel dirty in some ways... but liberated as well.

Great games yesterday Bacon, your blanka really has my number. You use your rolls -> throw nice, and once I would actually start to catch on, you would mix up something else. I just couldn't get through man, you were owning my ass :lol

Timedog said:
who all has this on PC besides rice and hitokage?

I do.

Also, 360 and PS3, so if you want to play Danryuhonda or randoms (plenty of people have played my random game), look me up. krp1976 (spiderjericho was taken on PSN. And I gave my old Xbox to my brother, so I don't have access to that username anymore).

And Omar, it's okay to use Ryu. If he's the character you need to help you get a better understanding of the game, then that's fine. Do you. Gouki might not have been a good fit. Ryu can probably help you get the fundamentals down since he's pretty well rounded.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Omar Ismail said:
I have a confession GAF.

Tonight I was doing some player matches against Lost Fragment, and he was thoroughly trouncing me with his Viper. This was the third night in a row that I got my ass kicked, AJ Greg destroyed me last night, and LakeEarth the night before that.

So I experimented... and experimented... and then things got a little out of hand.

GGs. Random is always fun :lol

But yeah, Viper's kind of a bad match for Gouken, I think.

Spiderjericho said:
Just stick with what you have. And you went back to Boxer, FMF? After watching the Daigo/Marn money matches and reminiscing on the Valle/Marn matches, she's such a cheap character.

You mean viper? She's just for fun. Balrog for life. Why'd you decide to start using Honda?

kuYuri

Teknopathetic said:
It's not a tournament. It's basically just going to be a bunch of SF/Capcom fans going to hang out and get a sneak peek at SSF4 and TvC USA. There's no reason to *not* go if you want to.

You got a point. I sent them an email. :D

Omar Ismail said:
I have a confession GAF.

Welcome to the real Shoto side. :p

Spiderjericho said:
I heard Daigo is going to be there. Perfect time to pick these new console characters and play him in a money match.
if you can get maybe an hour of playing with them, yeah i guess

otherwise don't do it
fight moneeeyy

Stabby McSter said:
if you can get maybe an hour of playing with them, yeah i guess

otherwise don't do it
fight moneeeyy

If you don't know what their strengths are, neither will he. Get him in a Max-Out trap or 360 him.

FMF, I'm just using Honda for fun. I've liked the character since Hyper Fighting (his second best incarnation). He was fun in Super Turbo. The tweaks he has in HD Remix also make him a gas to play. He's okay in this game (just not a lot of options to get around fireballs plus the charge ultra and lack of FADC into ultra).

I still play Ryu but by playing with Dan, Honda and doing randoms, it's helping me to get a better idea of matchups.

I just wish I had more time to play. My job is like a 7:30 to 5 plus school work/work prep for the next day (plus long distance relationship) leave very little time.

Lost Fragment said:
GGs. Random is always fun :lol

But yeah, Viper's kind of a bad match for Gouken, I think.

Ya, the randoms were good :)

And Gouken just has too many bad matchups. The problem is that the only thing to instill fear in people is the throw->ultra, or punishing mistakes. But when you're fighing against skilled players that rarely if ever make mistakes then you're left with very little tools. Combine that with a horrendous wakeup game AND poor up close, and he's just all around a very difficult character that I just can't use effectively.

Contrast that with Ryu who has very few bad matchups. Furthermore, people actually FEAR him... which is a big part of my game. You can shut things down like jump ins when you've got Ultra. I like getting in people's heads like that. Plus, I think watching so much Daigo over the weekend gives you the model to play by which makes it a lot easier to level up.

Spiderjericho said:
I just wish I had more time to play. My job is like a 7:30 to 5 plus school work/work prep for the next day (plus long distance relationship) leave very little time.

Make time homey! I work 40 hours a week and I'm taking 15 hrs in college :lol

Gonna host a new tourney. It'll be a one and done, aka finished in one sitting, and it will be RANDOM character select only. Tentatively scheduled for next monday at 10:30 pm central.

Will create thread for it in a bit unless someone else wants to. (psn btw)

edit - can I get a quick interest gauge on this lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
FindMyFarms said:
Gonna host a new tourney. It'll be a one and done, aka finished in one sitting, and it will be RANDOM character select only. Tentatively scheduled for next monday at 10:30 pm central.

F THAT.

I'm trying my hardest to get hatemail on pc. I just perfected a Gen using only throws.

DarkSloth

FindMyFarms said:

Heck yes!

jlai

FindMyFarms said:

Sounds like fun, count me in!

Nose Master

Finally finished Dan's last two Hard trials (well, the fourth... the fifth was cake) and Seth's Normal 4. Fucking hattteeee trying to do seth's triple shoryuken with a full super meter.

AZ Greg

GGs haunts.

Sorry about only picking Vega, I probably would have bored you with my crappy secondaries. That Sagat experience was nice (and painful). I've never faced a Sagat that really knows how to play him properly. Those tiger knee strings in the corner just destroyed me.

Hit me up anytime, it was fun.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
AZ Greg said:
GGs haunts.

Sorry about only picking Vega,
I probably would have bored you with my crappy secondaries. That Sagat experience was nice (and painful). I've never faced a Sagat that really knows how to play him properly. Those tiger knee strings in the corner just destroyed me.

Hit me up anytime, it was fun.

No need to apologize -- I needed the Vega practice with my secondaries (obviously :lol ).

LakeEarth

I love picking random but I'm 360 only :(

I love going to ranked mode and picking random. As long as I don't get Viper, Gen, Vega, Guile or Seth I'm usually good to go. Though random is not really random in this game. The chances of getting the same character twice in a row is way too high.

LakeEarth said:
I love picking random but I'm 360 only :(

I love going to ranked mode and picking random. As long as I don't get Viper, Gen, Vega, Guile or Seth I'm usually good to go. Though random is not really random in this game. The chances of getting the same character twice in a row is way too high.
Yeah, I get Rose and Fei Long a disproportionate amount of the time in Random

Top Bottom