• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

CPS2

TimeKillr said:
And I don't get your other question. Is there something special with Rufus' backdash?

The j.HP option select assumes that it's going to hit or be blocked, and EX DP comes out if it whiffs due to jesus kick, but it's assumed that it'd also whiff from a backdash.

edit: slow as hell >_>

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I'm starting to think I made a massive mistake with Honda- tried Dictator for the first time tonight and it seemed to be a lot easier. Maybe I should switch.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Leunam said:
Wrong on both accounts then.

Jibbo uses a stick. I don't think I've ever seen him use a pad.

I never really interacted with him much before SF4, since he played 3S exclusively, and that was one of the two games (along with GG) I refused to play.

GamerSoul

Majestros said:
I talked myself into making SF4 combos:

SF4 Biweekly TACV 01: Ryu

Everything should be explained in the transcript but in case i've missed anything or if something's unclear, please don't hesitate to ask either here or there.

P.S. What happens if Rufus does wakeup backdash?

:eek:
nice

The way you can use the FADC to link the combos is ridiculously impressive.

Majestros said:

Everything should be explained in the transcript but in case i've missed anything or if something's unclear, please don't hesitate to ask either here or there.

my favorite part is when Ryu kissed Honda's toes

Majestros,

Those were awesome. I mean seriously. I didn't even realize you could do that with jumping strong. And your links are on point along with your using FAs in a combo.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Majestros said:

You could invest a little more and pick up an inPin ps1/2 -> ps3/pc converter off ebay or something, especially if you're having issues with dropped inputs.

kuYuri

Damn, apparently, Seth Killain showed off SSFIV at a RE event here in NYC that I went to, but I came about 30 minutes after it started and missed it. :(

I better visit Fight Club this Thursday. Any other gaffers in NYC area going?

Steaks

Strider2K99 said:
Damn, apparently, Seth Killain showed off SSFIV at a RE event here in NYC that I went to, but I came about 30 minutes after it started and missed it. :(

I'll be there with my camera :D

toneroni

Strider2K99 said:

imma be there. Are we allowed to bring cameras? :x

Majestros said:

Jeez man that was amazing, you would have destroyed everyone in the gaf sf4 horse challenge.

Jenga

Banned
Strider2K99 said:

He's also showing off SSFIV on the 22'nd right?

MIMIC

Banned
Majestros said:

the fuck?? :lol

Good shit man.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
_dementia said:
my favorite part is when Ryu kissed Honda's toes
Haha i tried to avoid that but backdash is too slow. Better than kissing Rufus though, right? He's the only other character that combo seemed to work on, but i didn't test the entire cast; just the usual suspects.

Hitokage said:
You could invest a little more and pick up an inPin ps1/2 -> ps3/pc converter off ebay or something, especially if you're having issues with dropped inputs.
Thanks but it's alright, i'll manage with what i've got. It might not even be the converters for all i know. Maybe PS3 input sampling is a few milliseconds off from PS1 rates.

Anyway i'm tired of buying converters. Spent so much money on those mayflash max shooters for Xbox 360 and they didn't even recognize my PS1 pads. $150 paperweights.

Though if anyone knows of a good PS1 to 360 converter, please let me know.

Good games to LakeEarth and AZ Greg.

I still got my butt kicked but I think I did overall a lot better than with Gouken. And I never felt hopeless/helpless like I did with the old man. It's more a matter of not executing on opportunities, and not being predictable. Sure that's true for everyone, but it's just much more attainable with Ryu for me.

And AZ, every time I think I had you downloaded, you'd just change things up and kick my ass for another 10 matches. That jump kick is DEADLY. And the damn ex claw dive... so dangerous.

AZ Greg

Omar Ismail said:

I still got my butt kicked but I think I did overall a lot better than with Gouken. And I never felt hopeless/helpless like I did with the old man. It's more a matter of not executing on opportunities, and not being predictable. Sure that's true for everyone, but it's just much more attainable with Ryu for me.

And AZ, every time I think I had you downloaded, you'd just change things up and kick my ass for another 10 matches. That jump kick is DEADLY. And the damn ex claw dive... so dangerous.

GGs.

Your Ryu was much tougher.

Just a few suggestions: Less focus attacks. You seemed to start using them less towards the end of our set and you were doing much better. While they would occasionally hit and crumple me, more often than not you would use one at a bad time and I was able to punish. You did the same thing with Gouken's parry. And the payoff just wasn't worth the damage you were taking when you guessed wrong. Also, I noticed you used a lot of cr.RH with both Gouken and Ryu. I'd work on learning the range at which cr.RH is safe on block. A lot of times you would use it up close and after I blocked I was able to punish. Finally, I noticed that you would jump in a lot with an attack and then go straight for a throw. But by doing that you were leaving a lot of damage opportunities out there. There were a few times the jump in attack hit me and you could have went into a damaging combo but instead just threw me.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
man, so Cammy can't "yellow flashy 'cancel the special move'" into "cinematic powerful move" from a"doing the splits high into the air" kick?

I tried it like 50 times and the best I'd get was the cinematic powerful move hitting the opponent 1 time as a juggle and then them bouncing off.

It also wouldn't let you cannon spike fadc cannon spike fadc cannon spike which is dumb.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Timedog said:
man, so Cammy can't "yellow flashy 'cancel the special move'" into "cinematic powerful move" from a"doing the splits high into the air" kick?

I tried it like 50 times and the best I'd get was the cinematic powerful move hitting the opponent 1 time as a juggle and then them bouncing off.
Sanford did it.

GGs to Soullune.

Haven't played in maybe five days. I played in a player match vs. this claw. He was killing me at first when I used Dan. But I started to learn the matchup. He would switch it up with Gouki and Ryu. I don't think I ever beat his Ryu. And he played run away with Gouki. I ended up pulling even when I started to grind hard.

Dan is soooo limited in his options. I don't have a spam move except for his short dankukyaku. But I'm trying to mixup more. I do throw a lot more when I'm playing with Dan. I also noticed that my stick game still needs work.

Dan's standing strong into short dankyu is easy on a pad but difficult on the TE.

TimeDog do you mean FADC into her ultra or super? I've done it in training and saw Sanford do it during SB4. Unless you're referring to her hooligan combo.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hitokage said:
Sanford did it.

Wait do you have to backdash??? That's so fucking stupid if so. I hit Ryu while doing a forward dash and adding a little pause like 50 times. He just bounces off after the first hit of th3 ul+r@

Solune

Spiderjericho said:
GGs to Soullune.

Haven't played in maybe five days. I played in a player match vs. this claw. He was killing me at first when I used Dan. But I started to learn the matchup. He would switch it up with Gouki and Ryu. I don't think I ever beat his Ryu. And he played run away with Gouki. I ended up pulling even when I started to grind hard.

Dan is soooo limited in his options. I don't have a spam move except for his short dankukyaku. But I'm trying to mixup more. I do throw a lot more when I'm playing with Dan. I also noticed that my stick game still needs work.

Dan's standing strong into short dankyu is easy on a pad but difficult on the TE.

TimeDog do you mean FADC into her ultra or super? I've done it in training and saw Sanford do it during SB4. Unless you're referring to her hooligan combo.

GGs , sorry for the bad connection, I think it was my ISP.
Also Honda makes me absolutely furious because I'm bad against him with anyone I pick.

And you can't FADC into super haha, but yes it should be the backdash.

Majestros said:
Haha i tried to avoid that but backdash is too slow. Better than kissing Rufus though, right? He's the only other character that combo seemed to work on, but i didn't test the entire cast; just the usual suspects.

Thanks but it's alright, i'll manage with what i've got. It might not even be the converters for all i know. Maybe PS3 input sampling is a few milliseconds off from PS1 rates.

Anyway i'm tired of buying converters. Spent so much money on those mayflash max shooters for Xbox 360 and they didn't even recognize my PS1 pads. $150 paperweights.

Though if anyone knows of a good PS1 to 360 converter, please let me know.

Xconverter360.jpg

apparently these are great and much cheaper than the max shooters.

CPS2

Majestros said:
Maybe PS3 input sampling is a few milliseconds off from PS1 rates
I know next to nothing about this stuff, but a friend who tested different pcbs with microcontrollers said they suspected the PS3's usb polling rate was very low or random, as it was dropping inputs if you do attacks in a certain order (where they would usually work). He said this was happening about 50% of the time, and was not having the same issues on 360.

Threi

notag
TimeKillr said:
Yeah, well the problem (even if there was a good pad viper at SB4) is the buttons. Try as you might, you can't plink on a pad, nor can you piano unless you hold it with your fingers on top with a 6-button pad.
I do hold it like that though (except when im playing Chun, Bison, or Rog)

TimeKillr

_dementia said:
Xconverter360.jpg

apparently these are great and much cheaper than the max shooters.

We actually had someone with one of these last night at our weekly tournament. The guy was using it with his old trusty MAS stick and it seemed to work very well.

LakeEarth

Omar Ismail said:
I barely remember our games, but your Ryu is decent, but I think you need to learn FADC ultra, I saw you try it a couple of times. That would improve your game for sure.

Our randoms were fun, Seth vs Honda, that was great. Nothing like getting headbutted for 30% of my health.

Strider2K99 said:

I'll be there

Solune said:
GGs , sorry for the bad connection, I think it was my ISP.
Also Honda makes me absolutely furious because I'm bad against him with anyone I pick.

And you can't FADC into super haha, but yes it should be the backdash.

You're right. It would be retarded to FADC super. Super cancel is pretty difficult with her unless you hit the spiral arrow then cancel immediately. Sanford has sick combos with her (well with anyone).

The connection wasn't too bad. I saw the one bar and was like oh no.

And I didn't get the sand bagging comment. If anything, I was doing the opposite with Dan. My problem with the Ken matchup is his forward kick and be able to punish a SRK from medium range with a combo. Fireballs are a bi too.

Man, FMF disappeared last night. He must have been tired from working 12-hour shift and 8 hours of school yesterday.

Find, you should do a pair match. Like Haunts/FMF vs. Saqs/???. It could be like a GAF championship. West vs. East (yes, Find is in the south westish).

Majestros said:

Holy shit dude, I was about to troll you for posting combo vids but those are actually fresh and badass. Good work.

Mr Jared

FindMyFarms said:
My friend Toan won the biggest money match in fighting game history at SB4 against Fanatiq in MvC2. The pot was 26k.

img0233r.jpg

wut.

Is there a forum thread somewhere with more info on this? I'd love to hear the story.

Mr Jared said:
wut.

Is there a forum thread somewhere with more info on this? I'd love to hear the story.

Don't know about anything specific, but Toan posted some tidbits in the Dallas tx thread on SRK, and I'm sure if you look around the SB4 thread you might find some shit on it too.

Killa Sasa said:
Damn...that's a lot of fight money. Please tell me the guy who lost used Balrog:lol

Game was MvC2 :p

FindMyFarms said:
Don't know about anything specific, but Toan posted some tidbits in the Dallas tx thread on SRK, and I'm sure if you look around the SB4 thread you might find some shit on it too.

Game was MvC2 :p
Didn't Hevad bet a shit load of money on fanatiq too?! :lol

Top Bottom