• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

catfish said:
sorry bout last night rokitty, jumped on to watch a tv show with the missus, don't think she would have been too happy if I ditched for SFIV :lol will be keen sometime soon though, just got a fibre 60Mb/6Mb connection and it's GLORIOUS for SFIV. Never seen so many green bars.

Hadn't played in about 3 weeks and went on a 7 win streak in championship last night, felt good, combos were working, was escaping instead of getting crossed up to shit with bison (still pissed he has no good antiair)

until I got stopped dead by what I think was a good vega. Hell knows though, everytime I fight that guy on championship (which is about 1 time every 3 months) he owns me, it's like he has new moves everytime. no idea of what to do against that jumpy bitch.

No problem. I totally understand the missus "problem" ;). That connection is sick. I bet it isn't even that expensive there. For comparison, here a 8/1 is about 45€/month or actually 10/10 is the same price, but it depends which part of town you live.

Against Vega I try to keep the pressure on with safe jumps and quick jabs. He really can't do anything I pressure him the right way. But I'm playing with Boxer, so I think it's a little bit easier to pressure with him.

Solune

Spiderjericho said:
I would agree. I decided to try HDR after a few months, and I couldn't SRKs. I was like wtf?

ROFL this is me exactly.
If I can't do a SRK 100% of the time I feel naked. ESPECIALLY in SF2.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TofuEater said:
Chris Hu said option select for tatsu? How does this work when Daigo is jumping with a fp.

I don't think you can even do an option select with a tatsu, because if you input the motion for a tatsu right before you land it'll just do an air tatsu, whereas if you do the same thing with a dragon punch, there is no air dragon punch.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
TofuEater said:
Chris Hu said option select for tatsu? How does this work when Daigo is jumping with a fp.

I think the hitstun makes it so the tatsu wont come out if the aerial connects. Not sure about the logistics, but I know you can jump in fierce + option select tatsu for sakura vs teleporters on wakeup.

What I cant figure out is how bison's ultra was an option select o_O

TofuEater said:

Option select tatsu only works on a meterless dictator, but how it works : Jump in fierce on knocked down bison, if he blocks, fierce gets meaty, psycho crusher gets beat, and if he does DR/HS or teleport, tatsu comes out safe. It's mainly used to punish a back teleport happy bison.

You just input the tatsu immediately after you do the fierce punch, so that if it whiffs you land and do tatsu, but if you get blocked, you wont' have enough recovery time to tatsu and get the meaty instead.

V_Arnold

-COOLIO- said:
viper vs. blanka.

any tips in general for the viper?

1. Punish blocked balls with an appropriate reversal seismo. From air: mid range. From vertical: high range. Ex seismo works, but ex seismo whiffs on reversal - it only works if it is not reversal.

2. Block like crazy. If you do not want to run for your life, then really sit on any hp advantage you might happen to acquire. Blanka really feels like an anti-viper sometimes.

3. You can punish the slides (and remember, that once the game starts, you are suspect to that attack like immediately, so you have to block properly.)

4. You can punish ultra, but practice that, if you do it too soon after it is blocked, your ultra will whiff.

5. F+Mp is your friend

6. Punish jumpins. Do not let him to keep up the pressure on you.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
V_Arnold said:
1. Punish blocked balls with an appropriate reversal seismo. From air: mid range. From vertical: high range. Ex seismo works, but ex seismo whiffs on reversal - it only works if it is not reversal.

2. Block like crazy. If you do not want to run for your life, then really sit on any hp advantage you might happen to acquire. Blanka really feels like an anti-viper sometimes.

3. You can punish the slides (and remember, that once the game starts, you are suspect to that attack like immediately, so you have to block properly.)

4. You can punish ultra, but practice that, if you do it too soon after it is blocked, your ultra will whiff.

5. F+Mp is your friend

6. Punish jumpins. Do not let him to keep up the pressure on you.
awesome, thanks bro.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
If anyone wants a shot at picking the featured character for the next installment, check out this screenshot and come up with a title/caption for it. You have to post it as a comment because that's the only way to make sure everyone knows what's already been suggested. Cool?

TimeKillr

Kadey said:
Timekiller, I managed to do the viper combo. Yay!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLvBxIXz08I

Also, someone mentioned linking Cammy's cannon spike fadc ultra.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGXanu_qD7g

Hey, gratz! :) It looks great.

I'm thinking you could've probably used the Ultra at the end of that combo instead of Super (I know you don't care about making "real" combos but it would make it possible in a fight :) )

There are other ways to combo Cammy's ultra. Actually, quite a few. LOL

Far RH cannon drill -> Ultra (although it does shit damage)
Turn Knuckle (all strengths + EX - I'm 100% positive this is why she can't combo into it and why it's so slow)-> Ultra
EX Cannon Drive -> Ultra
Deep jump-in RH

Typically you dash backwards to combo the Ultra after a cannon spike FADC, not forward. That guarantees you more hits.

Ok seriously, I rage like a mofo online. Nothing annoys me more than when I get hit by a fat jump in combo that I would ALWAYS anti air offline, but get hit by due to input lag. Or when my meaty timing gets fucked up because lag timing is different every match.

RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE

But mainly the anti air. Anyone that jumps on me offline always gets punished hard every time, where as online I just die. fuck that.

RRRRAAAAGGGGEEE

DigiMish

TimeKillr said:
Hey, gratz! :) It looks great.

I'm thinking you could've probably used the Ultra at the end of that combo instead of Super (I know you don't care about making "real" combos but it would make it possible in a fight :) )

Pretty sure it will miss, the EX burning kick doesn't throw them high enough in the air.

TimeKillr

FindMyFarms said:
Ok seriously, I rage like a mofo online. Nothing annoys me more than when I get hit by a fat jump in combo that I would ALWAYS anti air offline, but get hit by due to input lag. Or when my meaty timing gets fucked up because lag timing is different every match.

RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE

But mainly the anti air. Anyone that jumps on me offline always gets punished hard every time, where as online I just die. fuck that.

RRRRAAAAGGGGEEE

Yeah, I'm the same way.

I stopped playing Abel online because it really, REALLY fucks up my c.fp timing offline. I always hit it, and I can anti-air with it rather consistently and get the juggle state most of the time.

Online, not only does it never fucking connect, but like you I always get fucking destroyed by shitty combos :(

BTW, I'm uploading a bunch of videos from our ranbats we're now doing -

www.youtube.com/timekillr

I would highly recommend you guys watch stuff featuring Jiigs, Chi-Rithy, Waki-Paki and Rameo (the Rameo fights aren't up yet, they're still in my upload queue at home).

Jiigs has an insane Boxer, Chi-Rithy is probably one of the best northeast players (and mains Chun!), Waki-Paki has an crazy Fuerte and Rameo is the only Guile player I've seen who not only consistently wins but also is AMAZING with him.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
FindMyFarms said:

RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE

RRRRAAAAGGGGEEE

Yeah, tell me about it - especially when that ONE jump-in leads into a combo that would have been totally avoided otherwise - really pisses me the hell off sometimes...

qcf x2

That was why I put down Viper for a long ass time. It was really tough for me to anti-air with her online. Not to mention all the insta-air BK, cancels, etc. And damn do I fail at landing her ultra. But it's cool, I'll beat people with her using fundamentals.

qcf x2 said:
That was why I put down Viper for a long ass time. It was really tough for me to anti-air with her online. Not to mention all the insta-air BK, cancels, etc. And damn do I fail at landing her ultra. But it's cool, I'll beat people with her using fundamentals.

This times a million. Oh cool, my anti air tk just traded, sweet, free dash ultra. WRONG IT'S A WHIFF ULTRA gg's.
fuck you

RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE

Solune

FindMyFarms said:
This times a million. Oh cool, my anti air tk just traded, sweet, free dash ultra. WRONG IT'S A WHIFF ULTRA gg's.
fuck you

RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE

Why can't you whiff it when we play against each other. Hit me with every ultra in our last session.

Dartastic

So, it turns out there's a tournament at work tomorrow. I haven't played in a while. Anyone good feel like getting on right now and having some matches with me to get me back in the groove?

JEKKI

dang I forgot to upload these...

anyways over last weekend I went to a SF tournament that invited a few of local artists to draw shyt.

sum pretty good pieces:

281bw8y.jpg

xofocy.jpg

256ci34.jpg

wsv500.jpg

66akn4.jpg

as usual, I get pwned at tournaments :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I pasted this over in the Tekken 6 thread as well, shameless repost that I should have done earlier....

Just figured out this free friends list deal. So

Do you live in europe and play fighters on X360? Primarily Tekken 6 and SFIV
if you do then add

GT: GafEuroBrawlers

to your friends list. What this does is makes anybody on Gaf (or anywhere) that friends this list available for you to play.

How it works - you go to your friends list, you choose this gamertag and you then use the 'friends of friends' option on that to see the list of 100 friends this list can take. You can see what they are playing and invite them.

I'll keep an eye on it and friend any requests that get sent.

Please only do it if you are Euro. Due to the nature of fighting games, playing someone from the West Coast of America results often in a 1 or 2 bar connection for europeans in SFIV and I'm interested in playing as many green bar connections as possible (as is everyone I'm sure)

If americans are interested in doing similar it's easy

make free live email account
make free silver xbox account
tell gaf
approve friends requests

EDIT: it's early so I'm going to repost this later when more euros are online.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Great idea catfish - now all I need is a 360 copy. PS3 online is still pretty horrible here... maybe it's just because everyone in the UK is playing Uncharted 2 atm!

Pancho08

catfish said:
if you do then add

to your friends list. What this does is makes anybody on Gaf (or anywhere) that friends this list available for you to play.

Im from Sweden.
Ill add that for sure, i was looking for a bunch of european people to play against since online mode is pretty much crap if you're looking to play skilled people.

My gamertag: Deshoert

catfish said:

if you do then add

Added, although I won't be touching Tekken. :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Pancho08 said:
My gamertag: Deshoert

ok great I have the webpage open so I'll flick you a friend request.

If any of you lot have friends that play from Europe tell them to friend it as well, I'll being doing first in first served and wanna hit a pool of 100 players quick as possible.

Really want only fighter players, the aim is to be able to find regular SFIV or Tekken players.

Added, although I won't be touching Tekken.

Fair enough. SFIV is also gold. I got tekken on pre-order, i'm no longer sure if I even like tekken though. I'll be finding out for sure come Okt 30 though!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
catfish said:
I pasted this over in the Tekken 6 thread as well, shameless repost that I should have done earlier....

if you do then add

How it works - you go to your friends list, you choose this gamertag and you then use the 'friends of friends' option on that to see the list of 100 friends this list can take. You can see what they are playing and invite them.

I'll keep an eye on it and friend any requests that get sent.

Please only do it if you are Euro. Due to the nature of fighting games, playing someone from the West Coast of America results often in a 1 or 2 bar connection for europeans in SFIV and I'm interested in playing as many green bar connections as possible (as is everyone I'm sure)

If americans are interested in doing similar it's easy

make free live email account
make free silver xbox account
tell gaf
approve friends requests

EDIT: it's early so I'm going to repost this later when more euros are online.

Adding now. Let's fight! Fear my shitty Sakuraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

This oughtta finish you off... oh wait :mad:

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
McBradders said:
Adding now. Let's fight! Fear my shitty Sakuraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

This oughtta finish you off... oh wait :mad:

Nice one,

I sent a request to MicVlad as well.

Anyone know any other Eurogaffers that play? Threi I think...

I just have to say that picking up Ryu has reinvigorated the game for me.
It honestly feels like I just bought a new game.

So my advice to anybody out there that's tired/frustrated with the game, just try picking up a new character. There's probably already a char that you find yourself more gravitating towards anyway, don't fight it.

Top Bottom