• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Maj, thanks for the friend invite. The EVO Ryu combo video is the best combo video ever. That was part of my inspiration for making all of mine. I'm working on an end all Ryu combo, perhaps you can use it in your next Ryu combo video. :lol I don't have any tool assisting stuff I'm doing it the hard way.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
in prep for the random select tourney i've been playing random all day.

damn, reaction soul throws against el feurte can be nasty. xD

JEKKI said:
dang I forgot to upload these...

anyways over last weekend I went to a SF tournament that invited a few of local artists to draw shyt.

sum pretty good pieces:

That was the UGTL tourney right, which means your from LA huh? Good shit dude, maybe I'll see you at the next one.

Saw some of the Fight Club vids on youtube. May I say: Juri is gonna be some hot and steamy shit and I can't wait to try her out. Everything links into ultra and she has some good juggles, oh parries, oh oh and overhead normal xx special. God tier confirmed.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Kadey said:
Maj, thanks for the friend invite. The EVO Ryu combo video is the best combo video ever. That was part of my inspiration for making all of mine. I'm working on an end all Ryu combo, perhaps you can use it in your next Ryu combo video. :lol I don't have any tool assisting stuff I'm doing it the hard way.
Sweet, i'm looking forward to seeing it.

To be honest i'm not too sure what purpose u2b friendship serves, but anyone who goes through the trouble of recording their own combos is a friend to me. (The only dealbreaker is when i see someone uploading a lot of combovids which they didn't create to their account.)

About that Fei Long combo, you got the machine gun punch version of the ultra to juggle after DP FADC?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can't tell the difference between a sub and a friend so I don't know either.

I have carpal tunnel in my left hand and I'm doing all this with a pad. :lol

Yeah. Fei Long is a lost cause. You (or rather your opponent) have to be grounded in order for the Ultra animation to trigger, otherwise you get the Ultra super wannabe. And Yeah, I pretty much tried with various characters and the last hit will not register. It's because the last hit of the chicken wing does not hit the opponent high enough for the last hit of the ultra to be around the hitbox. I took out the chicken wing and with much higher elevation, the last hit of the ultra does hit the opponent.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Kadey said:
I have carpal tunnel in my left hand and I'm doing all this with a pad. :lol
One of the benefits of an arcade stick. Seriously, just as long as you aren't pressing your wrists against the top anyway.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Ah okay. Too bad about Fei's ultra. There ought to be at least one impractical way of getting it to juggle fully.

So this is probably a really dumb question, but does everyone know that you can do FADC by doing F, F+MP+MK?

Seems like an easier command in some situations.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hitokage said:
One of the benefits of an arcade stick. Seriously, just as long as you aren't pressing your wrists against the top anyway.

I have small hands so having to press joystick buttons take longer for me.

I'm working on this Ryu combo now since I'm so hyper. :lol Hopefully I can get it done tonight.

TimeKillr

Fei's ultra cannot ever complete in a juggle, because like Cammy's it would create problems with characters "teleporting" to the ground when the camera switch happens.

It's the same with Ken - his full Ultra requires to be hit on the ground (or at least not in a juggle) because the opponent would go from a falling animation into a camera switch, teleporting to the ground.

The only 2 "teleport" ultra in the game are Gouken's and Abel's. I'm not sure why it works. My guess is different startup depending on how close your opponent is in the case of Gouken, but that's it.

It's pretty sad - the only character they fixed for this is Rufus, because his Ultra doesn't do a camera switch, and not all hits are ever guaranteed, but the properties of the ultra (the vacuum effect, mostly) ensures the final kick will hit, leading into the final raise the rufus animation.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
TimeKillr said:
It's the same with Ken - his full Ultra requires to be hit on the ground (or at least not in a juggle) because the opponent would go from a falling animation into a camera switch, teleporting to the ground.

Kens does actually connect mid-air, but only on counter-hit. It looks weird too, cause the opponent will get transported to the floor in the next frame. There's almost no reason why it doesn't have the same properties as Goukens Ultra. I guess they figured F.mk was the greatest move in the game, so they'd take little bits away from everything else....to later find out f.mk isn't that great.

MCD

Just tested this gem with ATI 9.10 and I am able to get an average fps of 58 with everything set to highest, 8xaa and vysync on my 1920x1200 HP monitor.

however on my Samsung 1920x1080 HDTV it dips to 30fps when AA is on (everything else on High).

good improvements still.

Rotanibor

GGs Black_Vegeta! Sorry for going a bit Ryu crazy, I have been trying up my level with him a lot lately, and that kind of requires playing him all the time.

On a completely unrelated note, I completed all of Gen's hard trials today. Hurray for Icons!

GG's Rotanibor,

I'm rusty...the challenge trials and getting a PS3 w/Uncharted 2 kept me away from online comp for more than a month. That damn Ryu hurricane kick crossover was getting everytime.

Good Gen as well.

We'll play later on.

Mirimar

I'm all for Daigo matches, but watching high level play from Japanese players is always something to see. The Gief that's playing now is very good.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Mirimar said:
I'm all for Daigo matches, but watching high level play from Japanese players is always something to see. The Gief that's playing now is very good.

I can barely see what's going on. blurred pixels fighter 4. Compression artifacts fighter alpha.

Threi

notag
h3ro said:
Cross posted this in the Super SFIV thread as well, needs to be seen by all! :lol

Empire Arcadia crew trash talking one another on the train.

Yipes: (to a salty Andre) Why don't you fight Jesus Christ... he'll chuck some plasma at you...
Andre: Why would I fight Jesus?
Yipes: He's the King of all Plasma...
Andre: I'll crucify him... end him on a Psycho crusher.

:lol

is there something in the air over there that makes all their chins itchy?

btw im not from Europe.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
h3ro said:
Cross posted this in the Super SFIV thread as well, needs to be seen by all! :lol

Yipes: (to a salty Andre) Why don't you fight Jesus Christ... he'll chuck some plasma at you...

That is no different from the circle of friends I grew up with playing video games. They always talk trash to one another in order to make the person play them, get hype, etc. It's all fun and games. :D And the whole line "talk trash while you can" basically applies to them all.

CPS2

God's Beard said:
How much priority does Fei Long's command grab give you? Could you just do it back and forth until time runs out?

It doesn't combo into itself so you can jump, backdash or reversal out.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
B1gg_Randall said:
nice combo....are you using a stick???

Pad for combos.

Stick for game play, which I come to terms that I really suck with.

Maj, Doing a flash kick, super into ultra is impossible. After the last hit of the super, the opponent is hit the opposite way too far. Even with perfect zoning and timing by me, I miss the ultra by about a feet. I managed to incorporate fadc stuff though. :D

Edit: You can see why in the video. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3SFM0RVQws

VaLiancY

h3ro said:

I was there at CTF last night, it was packed with the usual suspects, there were some good games being played.

They play street fighter.. why do they think they are so ghetto awesome.. I dont get it.

I bet the other people in the train are probably like.. "Uh.. retards"

TurtleSnatcher said:
They play street fighter.. why do they think they are so ghetto awesome.. I dont get it.

I bet the other people in the train are probably like.. "Uh.. retards"

I don't understand why they had to do this video on public. Do they really have to draw attention to themselves?

LakeEarth

Speaking of crazy combos, my attempt to beat all the hard trials has stopped at the last one, which to no surprise is Viper Hard 5. Goddamn it, in the odd case I actually get the combo to the EX ground strike, I'm so surprised that I did it that I don't get the superjump -> flame kick in time. I also hate how air flame kick into ultra doesn't count.

Cowie

LakeEarth said:
Speaking of crazy combos, my attempt to beat all the hard trials has stopped at the last one, which to no surprise is Viper Hard 5. Goddamn it, in the odd case I actually get the combo to the EX ground strike, I'm so surprised that I did it that I don't get the superjump -> flame kick in time. I also hate how air flame kick into ultra doesn't count.

I must've been on the verge of tears when I first landed that combo with an aerial flame kick only to discover that I had to be grounded. Got the ultra off and everything. Fuck that. =(

Top Bottom