• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Jason

Kadey said:
New Castle Fight Night Stream.

I don't know when they are going to start playing. Marn and Justin are going to play from what I've heard. Chris Hu would be there but he had to do something at the DMV. :lol

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/fadc-live

Boo DMV!

fistshake.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Marn talking about the move to WC. Apparently Joe is involved and even Hu is considering moving? What's going on? :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Kadey said:
Pad for combos.

Stick for game play, which I come to terms that I really suck with.

Maj, Doing a flash kick, super into ultra is impossible. After the last hit of the super, the opponent is hit the opposite way too far. Even with perfect zoning and timing by me, I miss the ultra by about a feet. I managed to incorporate fadc stuff though. :D

Edit: You can see why in the video. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3SFM0RVQws

No it isn't - it's even one of his Hard Trials, and it's actually pretty easy to do...

LakeEarth

Cowie said:
I must've been on the verge of tears when I first landed that combo with an aerial flame kick only to discover that I had to be grounded. Got the ultra off and everything. Fuck that. =(
I know when I finally do it right, EX seismo will come out instead of ultra.

Jazzy Network said:
I don't understand why they had to do this video on public. Do they really have to draw attention to themselves?

Obviously you should only play Street Fighter alone in a room instead of talking about it amongst friends.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Skilotonn said:
No it isn't - it's even one of his Hard Trials, and it's actually pretty easy to do...

I know. What I'm referring to is the combo that I'm working on (super into ultra does not work), not related to the standard super into ultra.

ntropy

TurtleSnatcher said:
They play street fighter.. why do they think they are so ghetto awesome.. I dont get it.

I bet the other people in the train are probably like.. "Uh.. retards"
u think that's "so ghetto"? u just dont know

h3ro

They're gonna go play cee-lo.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

TurtleSnatcher said:
They play street fighter.. why do they think they are so ghetto awesome.. I dont get it.

I bet the other people in the train are probably like.. "Uh.. retards"

Jazzy Network said:
I don't understand why they had to do this video on public. Do they really have to draw attention to themselves?

Have you guys ever been on the subway in New York?

Jazzy Network said:
Yes that was clearly what I was trying to say.

No, you don't understand what I'm trying to say. I was using hyperbole to underline the fact that it isn't serious and i.e., you're making a big deal out of nothing. It's a video for the lulz. If you think doing that in a subway where most people don't give a shit, then you probably do live in a room.

h3ro

Jazzy Network said:
Yea a ton of times. It's annoying. If I didn't know these guys, I would be pissed off.

Yeah, but I wouldn't mind it much since it's just a group of friends clowning around, they aren't bothering anyone else.

Dudes that come up on the F Train and start doing flips and break dancing are MUCH more annoying. Don't get me started on smelly saxophone guy either...

LakeEarth said:
Speaking of crazy combos, my attempt to beat all the hard trials has stopped at the last one, which to no surprise is Viper Hard 5. Goddamn it, in the odd case I actually get the combo to the EX ground strike, I'm so surprised that I did it that I don't get the superjump -> flame kick in time. I also hate how air flame kick into ultra doesn't count.
Thank God I'm done with those damn trials. That shit is a true test of determination and dedication. Good luck LakeEarth.

h3ro said:
Yeah, but I wouldn't mind it much since it's just a group of friends clowning around, they aren't bothering anyone else.

Dudes that come up on the F Train and start doing flips and break dancing are MUCH more annoying. Don't get me started on smelly saxophone guy either...
off-topic...

I remember the first time I visited NYC, my wife and I were on The F train heading back to park slope, Brooklyn. There was homeless guy sitting 4 seats to the right of me and he just started to take a piss in the pants. Piss was just pooring out of his pants. He just looked at everyone and apogized.

Not to mention the singing groups that come on the train...

Car renting FTMFW!!!!

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Kadey said:
It's my own handwriting. :lol A custom font I made. If you want it, find me some way to get it to you.

http://i35.tinypic.com/30nixa8.jpg[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, I sent you a PM. Reminds me of that custom font website thread from a while back [url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351322[/url]

EDIT: Haha, found my handwriting font
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2n694et.jpg

LakeEarth

black_vegeta said:
Thank God I'm done with those damn trials. That shit is a true test of determination and dedication. Good luck LakeEarth.
Thanks. Funny thing is Viper's trials are actually her USEFUL combos, unlike many of the other trials which used difficult links when much easier links with similar damage outputs were possible.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
GalacticAE said:
LOL that was considered ghetto? Seemed like some friends shooting the shit.

Exactly. :lol Hell, if my friends don't do stuff like that, I'd figured there's something wrong with them.

LakeEarth said:
Thanks. Funny thing is Viper's trials are actually her USEFUL combos, unlike many of the other trials which used difficult links when much easier links with similar damage outputs were possible.

Yo, I was just messing around with her hard trials...I was able to do all 5 within 10 minutes. I felt more confident this time around. My execution was alot better.

I'm trying to put her in my arsenal of main's. Gotta practice with her LOTS!

MCD

Barkley's Justice said:
anyone having LIVE problems? i'm trying to join a private match and it keeps saying, "unable to join session". we both have championship installed?
To lazy to test 360 version now but make sure that both of you have NAT on Open, do a test under network settings to determine your NAT type.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
My SE stick has decided to start randomly dropping inputs. Sometimes it's the lp button, sometimes it's the fp button, and sometimes it's the fk button. Sometimes a button will stop working until I unplug the stick and plug it back in. I just replaced the buttons with sanwa stuff like a month ago.

Any advice?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Lost Fragment said:
Marn is awesome, just kinda socially awkward.

Dude has more balls than most of the people who hate on him, though :lol

The funny thing is that after the incident, Marn has been relentless with the flirting and "I love you"s. It's painful to watch and who knows whether he seriously likes Sherry or not, but he now has the carte blanche to say things like that and no one will think twice :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Took the buttons out of my stick, soaked the button/plunger in warm water for a bit, and cleaned the rest with a silk cloth. Put everything back in once the buttons dried, and still having the same issues. Switched the buttons around, same issues with the same inputs.

God fucking dammit, I hope I don't end up having to replace the pcb.

Lost Fragment said:
Took the buttons out of my stick, soaked the button/plunger in warm water for a bit, and cleaned the rest with a silk cloth. Put everything back in once the buttons dried, and still having the same issues. Switched the buttons around, same issues with the same inputs.

God fucking dammit, I hope I don't end up having to replace the pcb.

That sucks balls. Sorry man.

Trying to learn Balrog. Any tips? I can do the ultra setup like half the time so I'm trying to get that down. Obviously crouch jab is good. Crouch and fierce for anti air. Any easy ways on how each dash punch works and what situations they're good for?

EDIT: Oh and who would be the best US players to look for videos for of Balrog? Preferably in tournies.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ggs wiseblade! sorry to run at 5-5. haha the smell of bacon and the people eating it forced my hand ;)

Steaks

Jazzy Network said:
Trying to learn Balrog. Any tips? I can do the ultra setup like half the time so I'm trying to get that down. Obviously crouch jab is good. Crouch and fierce for anti air. Any easy ways on how each dash punch works and what situations they're good for?

EDIT: Oh and who would be the best US players to look for videos for of Balrog? Preferably in tournies.
Keno, Jav1ts, Justin Wong, Moose, vVv_scrub (aka pr rog, aka eduardo), DS, and Crackfiend. If this were like 7 months ago, I woulda said Gootecks but he's kind of out of the loop these days. Theres like 50 other decent tourney rogs but listing them would be kind of a pain, those are the ones who either seem to know the most, or be the best overall players.

Top Bottom