• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Leunam

LakeEarth said:
I love it when you accidentally do the air grab, and your opponent just so happened to be jumping at that moment. Makes you look psychic instead of looking like a guy with poor execution.

It's even better when you catch their back dash.

LakeEarth

Brobzoid said:
I love punishing Ruy's Tatsus with it. Doesn't require too strict input so it's viable online too. Feel like I should be twirling my frenchie mustache every time I pull it.
I'm always too afraid to try that and usually go with a c.mp into f.mk dash mixup.

And yes grabbing their backdash is always fun.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Timedog said:
I think the filters look like shit.

Have you guys tried right clicking on the program file for the game, going to the security tab, and setting the game to run in compatibility mode with an older OS like vista or XP.

Now that I think about it, changing the FPS, and fixed frame rate do absolutely nothing on my game, so maybe that's why it doesn't cause a problem on my machine.

I tried that, no dice.

It's supposed to help online stability and keep your opponent from using hacks and stuff to lag you out.

LakeEarth said:
I love it when you accidentally do the air grab, and your opponent just so happened to be jumping at that moment. Makes you look psychic instead of looking like a guy with poor execution.
it makes you look like the AI

toneroni

So there was a little SF4 tourney thrown by theGXL at the Philly GameX show I was working at this weekend.
Entered at the last minute because some people dropped out.

Haven't played the game in a little while but it was good times. Didn't wanna use a stick since i still suck with it so I went fightpad w/ Ryu all the way.

It was tough since I was knocked into losers in the semis so I had to play so many matches to get back to the grand finals.

Felt good beating the Sagat/Rog who sent me into losers (even better cuz his clan and some PMS girls were cheering him on) but can't believe I lost to Ken in the finals...

Took the first 3/5 set to even things up but my concentration was gone by then.
Really wanted the Round 2 TE stick they were giving away but ended up with a fightpad :p

http://challonge.com/sf4atgamex

Guess i should get back into SF since it was pretty damn fun.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
@TurtleSnatcher

I know this is a hella late reply but yeah our OLD forums sucked balls. I set up phpBB on iplaywinner this weekend so we have legit forums now.. thank god.. took a ton of DNS reworking or whatever to get this to work.. -_-;

http://forums.iplaywinner.com

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Brobzoid said:
I love punishing Ruy's Tatsus with it. Doesn't require too strict input so it's viable online too. Feel like I should be twirling my frenchie mustache every time I pull it.

I found Ryu to be the easiest to catch with it.

hell when it comes to Falling Sky, shoto are easier to catch overall. sometimes after a cr FP i'll do FS late and still catch em, but it wont catch anybody else late.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
TurtleSnatcher said:
Holy crap talk about 2-3 weeks late on replies :p

Very nice Haunts! :D

hah thanks... w/o going into too much detail I've wanted real forums for a long ass time.. I had to find a work around for hosting the subdomain elsewhere to get this to work..yeesh.. oh well, works now and thats all that matters. :D

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
~Devil Trigger~ said:
I found Ryu to be the easiest to catch with it.

hell when it comes to Falling Sky, shoto are easier to catch overall. sometimes after a cr FP i'll do FS late and still catch em, but it wont catch anybody else late.
yeh shotos are especially easy to catch, but especially Ruy. Kinda funny when online Ruys use tatsu as an approach thinking it's safe or some such ish. Kinda bothersome that I play so many shotos I never need to roll into FS so when I actually face someone I need to roll on I can't execute! :( Doesn't help that input lag fucks it up most of the time anyway cus you can't just mash it out.

toneroni

did anyone check out the NYC Fight Club event last week? I was stuck at work and got there at 7 something.

The line stretched around the block and barely moved. I ended up leaving around 9pm since I had an early trip the next day. Saw that even guys like Sanford were having trouble getting in. They did hand out free comics, towels, posters, etc . Sucks that I didnt get to play the new game though..

Anybody have some good combos/mixups for Fei Long? I need to level up. These are my main ones right now:

Jumping HK, FP, Rekkaken
Jumping HK, FP, Super
Jumping HK, Ultra
Crossup MK, FP Rekkaken
Crossup MK, command grab, EX Dragon Kick
Dragon Kick, FADC, HK Rekkukyaku(I can't do this consistently, though)

qcf x2

_dementia said:
i'm having an identity crisis
there isn't a character i really like :/
can't settle on a main wtf do i do?

Random select OR randomly rotate between characters you don't completely hate (this is what I do).

God's Beard said:
Anybody have some good combos/mixups for Fei Long? I need to level up. These are my main ones right now:

Jumping HK, FP, Rekkaken
Jumping HK, FP, Super
Jumping HK, Ultra
Crossup MK, FP Rekkaken
Crossup MK, command grab, EX Dragon Kick
Dragon Kick, FADC, HK Rekkukyaku(I can't do this consistently, though)

His main hit confirm is cr. short, st. jab, cr. jab, rekkas

Reset - If your rekkas connect, you can stop after the 2nd and do ex command grab instead, works almost all the time.

Anti air - Use CROUCH roundhouse, it's ridiculously good, go to training to figure out the timing.

~Devil Trigger~

toneroni said:
did anyone check out the NYC Fight Club event last week? I was stuck at work and got there at 7 something.

The line stretched around the block and barely moved. I ended up leaving around 9pm since I had an early trip the next day. Saw that even guys like Sanford were having trouble getting in. They did hand out free comics, towels, posters, etc . Sucks that I didnt get to play the new game though..

no one got to play the SSF4, the news of the night was DeeJay gameplay demo(and Juri/THawk). I was disappointed at the way they put the event together, most people inside could'nt see the Live Demo, which was shown on one TV , so it was too crowded to see.

but yes it was free admission, and we got free stuff

toneroni

~Devil Trigger~ said:
no one got to play the SSF4, the news of the night was DeeJay gameplay demo(and Juri/THawk). I was disappointed at the way they put the event together, most people inside could'nt see the Live Demo, which was shown on one TV , so it was too crowded to see.

but yes it was free admission, and we got free stuff
ah okay. Thansk for the info

Guess it was alright to leave the line early.

FindMyFarms said:
His main hit confirm is cr. short, st. jab, cr. jab, rekkas

Reset - If your rekkas connect, you can stop after the 2nd and do ex command grab instead, works almost all the time.

Anti air - Use CROUCH roundhouse, it's ridiculously good, go to training to figure out the timing.

thanks, man. Crouching Roundhouse is indeed awesome.

Mr Jared

RoboJ said:
The sweep? Really?

Chun-Li is the same way. And if Fei-Long is the same way, the basic idea is that the sweeps high-priority coupled with the incredibly low hit box it creates for him makes it so that, essentially, their attack will whiff clean while yours connects.

With Chun, cr.rh is her only reliable anti-air option against Balrog. I abuse it all day :lol

MIMIC

Banned
Have you guys seen those Street Fighter Collab flash videos? Some of them are hilarious (and some of them are terrible). I'd link to it, but some of the videos are 100% NSFW. (maybe some of you have seen the Guile/Viper one? :lol) It's at newgrounds.com

This one had me crackin up :lol :lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVzRX50A-1A

"....your famous Guile Kick"

toneroni

MIMIC said:
Have you guys seen those Street Fighter Collab flash videos? Some of them are hilarious (and some of them are terrible). I'd link to it, but some of the videos are 100% NSFW. (maybe some of you have seen the Guile/Viper one? :lol) It's at newgrounds.com

on newgrounds, they have the whole thing with a select screen and everything. LOL I like the one where akuma goes lets low punch, low punch, forward, low kick, high punch some pus tonight!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mr Jared said:
Chun-Li is the same way. And if Fei-Long is the same way, the basic idea is that the sweeps high-priority coupled with the incredibly low hit box it creates for him makes it so that, essentially, their attack will whiff clean while yours connects.

With Chun, cr.rh is her only reliable anti-air option against Balrog. I abuse it all day :lol
c. MP has an even lower hitbox, but is vulnerable to attacks that hit in at an angle.

Mr Jared

Hitokage said:
c. MP has an even lower hitbox, but is vulnerable to attacks that hit in at an angle.

The problem I've found with c.mp is that while the hitbox is lower, the slower start-up can get you in trouble if you're not careful with it. Also, coming out of the c.mp, if you get them to whiff your best option is a throw, which tends to get teched 9/10 since that's their first reaction too.

Crouching roundhouse comes out faster and if it works, you score a knockdown. If it doesn't, you're in the same position as cr.mp and you're eating a combo anyway, but cr.rh tends to be the safer option.

Dizzy-4U

MIMIC said:

Oh man, just saw the compilation at newgrounds. That Viper/Guile is so nasty.
I lost it at zombiepinp though :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I just learned that you can link viper's c.rh after fierce -> fierce feint. How did I only now learn this was possible?

edit: 260 damage, 560 stun :lol

Ledsen

Mr Jared said:

st. fp is GOD against Balrog. Yes you have to time it well, but it beats almost everything he does.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ledsen said:
st. fp is GOD against Balrog. Yes you have to time it well, but it beats almost everything he does.

Yup. Love spamming that whenever they jump or come rushing at me with a punch. FA everything they do... Ultra the headbutt... Hazanshou when they fish for the headbutt... etc. I love playing Balrogs except when some of their epic bullshit takes place (really, i fought a Balrog who did the same combo three times and beat me *sadface*)

Relix said:
Yup. Love spamming that whenever they jump or come rushing at me with a punch. FA everything they do... Ultra the headbutt... Hazanshou when they fish for the headbutt... etc. I love playing Balrogs except when some of their epic bullshit takes place (really, i fought a Balrog who did the same combo three times and beat me *sadface*)

OH man, balrog's so easy for chun

hitsugi

Akuma is dumb. I have such a love / hate relationship while playing him =\ vortex is nice when I can get on a roll, but one miscalculation and it's back to working my way in

not sure what else to say about this game at this point..

..should have stuck to ryu / sagat / rufus.

Threi

notag
Most of them are complete crap, but this one got me:

"Gotta lp lp forward lk hp some PUSSY...IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT" :lol :lol :lol

*edit* what the FUCK @ the Guile/Viper one...

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I dunno who it was from EuroGAF Brawlers who kicked my ass last night but I need to apologise for cutting out after three matches, I had organised a game of Uncharted 2 and was just killing time.

I feel ashamed that I did best against you with Sakura :(

I'll definitely be up for a longer session later this week.

I was Twin Twi5t btw.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
McBradders said:
I feel ashamed that I did best against you with Sakura :(

If it was Rokitty don't be ashamed, the mans a freak with balrog.

I got destroyed by a sakura last night. She's terrifying if someone knows how to play her, she's like permanently yellow and flashing and my poor dictator keeps seeing stars.

Also More european players need to send an X360 request to the GT: gafeurobrawlers gamertag.

We have 13 and it's nice finding somebody close quite regularly playing.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
catfish said:
If it was Rokitty don't be ashamed, the mans a freak with balrog.

I got destroyed by a sakura last night. She's terrifying if someone knows how to play her, she's like permanently yellow and flashing and my poor dictator keeps seeing stars.

Also More european players need to send an X360 request to the GT: gafeurobrawlers gamertag.

We have 13 and it's nice finding somebody close quite regularly playing.

Not sure it was... didn't recognise the GT. Still, enjoyable beatings. Gonna work more on my Sak and Honda games.

LakeEarth

Threi said:
*edit* what the FUCK @ the Guile/Viper one...
That artist does that shit all the time.

Yesterday I finally ran into my first blatant counter picker. Pick Honda, he goes straight for Sagat, pick Abel, go straight to Zangief. Luckily he wasn't that good so I was able to win about half the matches but even when I tried to fake him out during the selection screen counter he would wait and change to the correct character right away. Wish Zangief and Sagat weren't right next to each other :lol

~Devil Trigger~

FindMyFarms said:
Random Select Tournament Bracket Results (psn's are listed)

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVUSZH0

Thanks again to everyone that participated!! It was awesome completing a whole tourney in one hour instead of months like the typical gaf tourney lol.

BTW Here are the flakes - (sorry i hate flakes)

- Cydonian
- Biggz124
- Timmay
- stevenlai

sorry, did'nt make it, stupid stuff came up

McBradders said:
Not sure it was... didn't recognise the GT. Still, enjoyable beatings. Gonna work more on my Sak and Honda games.
Wasn't me (Rokitty). Borderlands has been taking my time on the gaming side. But now I'm over the first-days-addiction, so I can play some SF4 once in awhile too. :D

I did play against Deshoert aka Pancho08 yesterday, but I didn't have any idea at first that he was from the GAF list. Anyways GGs.

Have to start checking the EuroGAF Tag more next time I'm playing.

TimeKillr

Yay Chun - you guys are gonna like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WzyXRlM65M

I wonder how many more we'll discover this way.

Basically, meaty Jab (crouch or far) links to Ultra.

Normal crouch jab or far jab is +6, 2 active frames.

Chun's Ultra has 7 activation frames

Hit the jab on the 2nd active frame, and voila, you have +7 frame advantage, so you can link to Ultra.

ShinNL

TimeKillr said:
Yay Chun - you guys are gonna like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WzyXRlM65M

I wonder how many more we'll discover this way.

Basically, meaty Jab (crouch or far) links to Ultra.

Normal crouch jab or far jab is +6, 2 active frames.

Chun's Ultra has 7 activation frames

Hit the jab on the 2nd active frame, and voila, you have +7 frame advantage, so you can link to Ultra.
Oh no you didn't.... :O

Top Bottom