• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

*face in hands*

They took my package from Alaska to Memphis .. then back down to where I live..

Failsauce.. Oh well still suppose to come in tomorrow but its 1am.. they better get that shit on a plane fast to make those 6am trucks :p

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kintaro said:
Well, I finished up my review the two Street Fighter Alpha anime shows. They suck. The end. Long story short.

Here's an image to sum them up.

t6td00.jpg

Well that explains where Udon artists get their anatomy lessons from

Darkman M

TurtleSnatcher said:
*face in hands*

They took my package from Alaska to Memphis .. then back down to where I live..

Failsauce.. Oh well still suppose to come in tomorrow but its 1am.. they better get that shit on a plane fast to make those 6am trucks :p

Mine is also in Memphis but i live right outside of Memphis.:D

fuck, I missed my chance to get a copy of the game because i was too late to get to the gift bag section... my friend helped schmooze our way into the VIP area though even though we got there mad late which was cool, free drinks, chillin with celebs etc. Geordi Laforge, Chuck, Michael Clarke Duncan, Chris Klein and a shitload of people i recognized but can't name.. Cool party all in all.

Kintaro said:
Did they have the game/stuff for sale there or was it some sort of gala event type of thing to celebrate the launch?

wouldn't know, alots of people didn't get it cuz they didn't organize it right, even press was pushed out.

polyh3dron said:
fuck, I missed my chance to get a copy of the game because i was too late to get to the gift bag section... my friend helped schmooze our way into the VIP area though even though we got there mad late which was cool, free drinks, chillin with celebs etc. Geordi Laforge, Chuck, Michael Clarke Duncan, Chris Klein and a shitload of people i recognized but can't name.. Cool party all in all.

I hate you.

Router said:
Fei Long is top tier? Clearly a fake list. :D

lol

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
polyh3dron said:
Yes they had a shitload of free copies of the game that they gave out.

Are you kidding? All I got was a pamphlet of Street Fighter history, a headband, and a light beer. And I saw they were giving out free hats, but I didn't care enough to get one.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
erlim said:
Are you kidding? All I got was a pamphlet of Street Fighter history, a headband, and a light beer. And I saw they were giving out free hats, but I didn't care enough to get one.
If you drink a lot of beer and put the headband on really tight the pamphlet turns into the game.

erlim

SapientWolf said:
If you drink a lot of beer and put the headband on really tight the pamphlet turns into the game.

hey i tried it out and

qft

but hey here's a pic of the place in case anybody hasn't posted or whatever.

suvqjm.jpg

erlim

Stabby McSter said:
anyone take pics of those cabinets that uh artists redid?

I did. I usually really dig urban/graffiti art, and most of the cabinets where in that vain, but I have to say I was kind of underwhelmed.

Stabby McSter said:
anyone take pics of those cabinets that uh artists redid?
I would have if I was in the main area, but I was in the VIP the whole time because if i left that area i wouldn't have been able to get back into it because of the fucking fire marshals.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Wow I have no idea how to complete the challenges in trial mode with my hori street fighter stick..I just can't input the later stuff that fast without messing it up. When I switch to my ps3 controller I eventually get it but it still takes 100 tries.. do people really use these combos in game? They seem ridiculously hard to pull off timing-wise in a real match

HankScorpio said:
I just got back from the SF IV event of disappointment, I also think i saw MarkMan there.....

anywho, I'm sad cause i really wanted to play the game and was there early. This has to be the most unorganized event I event I ever been too in my life. Kindergarners could have done a better job.

I just got back that fuckload of shit event. Unbelievable that they expected to get all those people into that tiny space. Why did they even bother with the RVSP shit if they were gonna let it turn into such a clusterfuck? After an hour in line, it became obvious that most people were not going to get in, even though tons of us got there early. I just went to the little tokyo shops and then to the arcade, so that it wasn't a total waste.

I don't see how anyone could blame the fire marshals though. This was capcom's fuckup.

Cynar

ElyrionX said:
I forgot to mention in my original post: why?

Are there any technical differences? Or it comes down to friends and controller preferences?

there are some technical differences but they're really negligible. The main reason I'd go with ps3 is if your friends play, you can use a lot more different arcade sticks/pads so more options to you, and it seems to be the main system that evo will be using so it will be more tourney friendly.

Arde5643

ElyrionX said:

Are there any technical differences? Or it comes down to friends and controller preferences?
You don't have to get the stick or the madcatz pad for PS3 since the d-pad is decent on the PS3 unlike 360's.

You can use the analog on the 360 to play somewhat, but the d-pad is totally a kick in the nuts.

ElyrionX said:

If you get it on 360, you need to buy a new pad or stick. Plus, the competition on PS3 will be way more robust, especially on the japanese side.

The launch party thing was a cluster fuck. They didn't organize the lines. Why the fuck did we have to RSVP? Whole thing was handled bad I thought. I ate some ramen and came back at 11:30 and got a poster and played alpha 3 :lol

PSGames

Router said:
LIVE
Apparently looks better (AA)

-PS3
Better stock controller

Go with the one that you have the most friends on.

Online is smoother with less lag on the 360 version from reports. Similar to SF2THDR.

So in that sense 360 >> PS3 version.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Arde5643 said:
You don't have to get the stick or the madcatz pad for PS3 since the d-pad is decent on the PS3 unlike 360's.

You can use the analog on the 360 to play somewhat, but the d-pad is totally a kick in the nuts.
Good luck playing this effectively on ANY pad. FADC on a pad equals pretzel fingers.

PhatSaqs said:
Good luck playing this effectively on ANY pad. FADC on a pad equals pretzel fingers.
yeah, unless the game lets you map mp+mk to one of the shoulder buttons. Pads are so icky, but some people can use them well.

Hi, I want to get a stick for this game (And HDR), but I can't get ahold of the TE sticks (Do they even do them here in the UK?). What would be the next best option? I'm currently undecided between the Standard SF4 stick and the HRAP EX. However IGN's review on the HRAP EX was mostly negative, and the Standard SF4 stick dosen't use Sanwa / Seimitsu parts (Does it make that much of a difference?). Help for a first-time stick buyer would be appreciated :lol .

CPS2

darkpaladinmfc said:
Hi, I want to get a stick for this game (And HDR), but I can't get ahold of the TE sticks (Do they even do them here in the UK?). What would be the next best option? I'm currently undecided between the Standard SF4 stick and the HRAP EX. However IGN's review on the HRAP EX was mostly negative, and the Standard SF4 stick dosen't use Sanwa / Seimitsu parts (Does it make that much of a difference?). Help for a first-time stick buyer would be appreciated :lol .

Disregard IGN's review, they have absolutely no idea. HRAPEX is the 2nd best after TE, and SE would be the 3rd best. If you replace the buttons on the EX, it's functionally the same as the TE.

ascully

I am a first time stick buyer, I bought the HRAP EX and put some Sanwa buttons on it I couldn't be happier. The IGN review is really inaccurate they said the stick isnt very good but its the same one the TE uses they said that one was fine. Conflicting information methinks.

On another note I got the 360 game this evening and have played 20 games online with RYU and lost them all, the matchmaking seems to be putting me up against godly players even though I am new to the game.

UC1 said:
Disregard IGN's review, they have absolutely no idea. HRAPEX is the 2nd best after TE, and SE would be the 3rd best. If you replace the buttons on the EX, it's functionally the same as the TE.
Ok thanks. What buttons does the HRAP EX use? And how different are they to the TE stick.

Barrett2

Is there a list I can reference of the most - least popular characters to play as?

I haven't played SF since SSF2T, so I am definitely out of the loop, and would like an organized pecking order to test out characters when I pick this up. Thanks.

Meliorism

ascully said:
I am a first time stick buyer, I bought the HRAP EX and put some Sanwa buttons on it I couldn't be happier. The IGN review is really inaccurate they said the stick isnt very good but its the same one the TE uses they said that one was fine. Conflicting information methinks.

On another note I got the 360 game this evening and have played 20 games online with RYU and lost them all, the matchmaking seems to be putting me up against godly players even though I am new to the game.

I almost spit out my drink. I seriously just responded to you on Twitter. Didn't know you posted here, too.

lawblob said:
Is there a list I can reference of the most - least popular characters to play as?

I haven't played SF since SSF2T, so I am definitely out of the loop, and would like an organized pecking order to test out characters when I pick this up. Thanks.

Hmm, I would say that the most popular characters overall are Ken and Ryu.

Least popular..I don't know..El Fuerte? I don't like the way he plays, anyway.

Wait I thought the EX was a pain when it came to swapping out the buttons because of the soldering? or am I thinking of something else?

"Wait I thought the EX was a pain when it came to swapping out the buttons because of the soldering? or am I thinking of something else?"

You're thinking of the SF4 stick from Hori. The HRAP EX (and HRAP3) both have quick disconnects.

"Oh okay for some reason I thought the SF4 stick was just a rebranded EX. My bad :)"

Oh, it definitely is, but for some reason they actually *cut back* on it, then charged more.

Top Bottom