• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

CPS2

Zapages said:
I used to play a mean M. Bison back in Super Street Fighter II days on the SNES.

Now I play mostly Ryu, Remy, Dudley, Ken, Ibuki on SF 3 Third Strike... But I don't spam the hadoken at all... I hate it when others do it...

Earlier I was playing against someone who was using only Ryu and Ken... All he did was through haduken after haduken... I hated as he had no skill at all... Boring...

3rd Strike?
confused2-1.gif

xabi

gutter_trash said:
oh no!! nobody else is allowed to select Honda besides me!!
you hear me!!!
nobody!!

just kidding, select him,... I will select him too

gutter_trash will beat you senseless with his Honda...good games tonight!

Zapages

Teknoman said:
How many consecutive fireballs until you cross over into spamming territory?

I'll say about 3 or more fireballs (excluding the super fireballs)... You can trap the player and get a combo with single fireball followed by super fireball.... If the timing is right you'll get a combo if he is awkward position...

PS: We should make this a man law... or Video game law for Street Fighter or any fighting game....

I don't understand the complaints abour Ryu and Ken

Ryu and Ken are the most beatable characters in SF because they are so predictable.
you get hours of training fighting against them, when the player's paterns get predictable then Ryu and Ken are toast.

look, I play slow-po Honda in ST (I don't call it HDR cause ST is superior than HDR), and I have trained against hundreds of Ryus and Kens. They are predictable.

Good players will mix-up their stuff and punk you out and trap your ass, but still Ryu and Ken are still the easiest character to gauge when fighting against IMO

It's not like Abel or El Fuerte who are new and WTF are they doing?? How do I fight these weirdos???

but Ryu and Ken? I see it coming!! do it! do it! haha you did it! Eat This! Predictable!

LowParry

Teknoman said:
How many consecutive fireballs until you cross over into spamming territory?

Just the other day, STHD. Ken vs Akuma. Fireball firebal fireball. I counted over ten of the fuckers. I just left the room and found another. Stupid fireball battles. Laaaaaaame-o.

ms-07

Banned
corkscrewblow said:
Add me :] All I get on vent is spammed with "E HONDA IS TOO FUCKIN GOOD!" or "FUCKING TIER WHORE, YOURE BAD." when I tap some ass with Honda. What's better is the kid usually complaining only uses Sagat/Akuma.

you must be that one aggressive e honda player that rapes me every time I play

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just got the "10 Years Too Early" (win 50 online matches) achievement, but I only have 36 ranked wins, so player matches count too!

I'm surprised to find that I already have 20/48 achievements in such a short time. It looks like they made it pretty easy to get a lot of stuff.

Guled said:
can you chat in game on the 360 version?

Was this answered? Yes, there's chat during matches.

arstal said:
The only thing I don't like is Akumas, cause the way I view it Akuma player = griefer.

Usually my solution is to try and piss them off with multiple tickthrows and make them ragequit. I don't mind being an asshole to Akumas.

Everything else I'm fine with, even Honda (if I think someone's going to Honda I just switch to Chun)
I'm an Akuma griefer

I just got back from the SF IV event of disappointment, I also think i saw MarkMan there.....

anywho, I'm sad cause i really wanted to play the game and was there early. This has to be the most unorganized event I event I ever been too in my life. Kindergarners could have done a better job.

Zapages

HankScorpio said:
I just got back from the SF IV event of disappointment, I also think i saw MarkMan there.....

anywho, I'm sad cause i really wanted to play the game and was there early. This has to be the most unorganized event I event I ever been too in my life. Kindergarners could have done a better job.

What event???? Details man... Sorry you couldn't get to play SF IV... :(

Zapages

MoxManiac said:
I think all the sarcasm is going to fly over zapages' head, guys. :lol

Nah man.... Its almost 1:30 am and I about to go to sleep...

So before I get really tired... Night everyone. :)

donkey show said:
Dude, I was outside in line and they wouldn't even let Sessler get in. :lol

I was at E3 2005... Capcom wouldn't give their stupid packets with goodies/advertisements because I did not have a business card on me.... Jeez... Capcom folks sometimes pms a bit too much.

So do the sticks automatically make your 4th buttons on each row = 3 punch or 3 kick buttons being hit at once if I just hit that one?

So if I wanan pull off an ultra i could just hit that button and the motions as opposed to 3 punches?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
The fire marshal shut the place down because it was overcrowded. Probably shouldn't have made it a "come one, come all" kind of event.

TurtleSnatcher said:
So do the sticks automatically make your 4th buttons on each row = 3 punch or 3 kick buttons being hit at once if I just hit that one?

So if I wanan pull off an ultra i could just hit that button and the motions as opposed to 3 punches?

Yeah. I believe so. If not then at least you can set it such at the options.

I'm pretty sure a regular controller defaults to having LB and Ltrigger be all punch and all kicks respectively. Otherwise it'd be impossible to perform ultras since the 360 only has 4 face buttons.

EDIT: Fuckin gamestop didn't get the sticks in today. I'm getting annoyed at this "come day of" to try and get an extra non-preorder unit.

Amazon has a "feb 20" ship date - fuck that. Anyone know of a good online outlet (other than ebay?)

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
gutter_trash said:
I don't understand the complaints abour Ryu and Ken

Ryu and Ken are the most beatable characters in SF because they are so predictable.
you get hours of training fighting against them, when the player's paterns get predictable then Ryu and Ken are toast.

look, I play slow-po Honda in ST (I don't call it HDR cause ST is superior than HDR), and I have trained against hundreds of Ryus and Kens. They are predictable.

Good players will mix-up their stuff and punk you out and trap your ass, but still Ryu and Ken are still the easiest character to gauge when fighting against IMO

It's not like Abel or El Fuerte who are new and WTF are they doing?? How do I fight these weirdos???

but Ryu and Ken? I see it coming!! do it! do it! haha you did it! Eat This! Predictable!

There are no predictable characters. There are only predictable payers.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
KittenMaster said:
Just one.

Beaten,:lol Damn.

Really though. I have lost count at all the times I have had aggressive messages sent or people just flat out quit the match as soon as they say I was playing as Ryu/Ken.

The last time was a highly offensive voice message from some random dude who bitched on for over 3 voice messages (Christian Bale style) at how much I sucked and how much better he was than me.

I offered to play him again not using fireballs. I beat him.

He bitched.

I play him again not using a dragon punch or fireballs. I beat him.

He bitched.

I play him not using any supers. I win.

He bitched.

I offer to play him again one more time. He can play as any character and I play as Boxer... I beat him.

He bitched.

CPS2

EraldoCoil said:
GAF should set up a scrub tournament to find out who the king of the scrubs truly is.

Rules:

-no more than 3 fireballs in a row

-no more than 2 throws in a row

-don't do that, it totally isn't fair you dickhead!

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Echoes said:
sf4g.jpg

(from the Gallery)

Just bumping this pic. I really wish they had pushed the ink effects and shaders further in the game. It already looks amazing but I think they could have gone further to give it that painted look.

I was hoping for options in the console version for more/different effects too.

EraldoCoil said:
GAF should set up a scrub tournament to find out who the king of the scrubs truly is.

Fuck that... I'm gonna hop on LIVE right now and spam me some fireballs. Just because I'm a dick. I can finally win at something!

Teknoman

Zapages said:
I'll say about 3 or more fireballs (excluding the super fireballs)... You can trap the player and get a combo with single fireball followed by super fireball.... If the timing is right you'll get a combo if he is awkward position...

PS: We should make this a man law... or Video game law for Street Fighter or any fighting game....

Good, I havent broken the law then ( whats the fun in keeping distance all day?).

I take pride in kicking the asses of Akuma's who just want to do their nerfed Raging Demon's as a super combo finish. HDR Guile has a fieldday with all these superbar filling Akumas.

Hoping against hope that my local FS gets this game early. Looks so good.

Any word on if all the inputs were changed back to classic style, or if they kept some or most of the HDR input, or maybe completely new (I don't see how that's possible)? Wondering mostly about Guile and the Shoto bastards.

Edit: Found a pic on Kotaku for the arcade ones... Shotos look the same, but F*** me, I don't know if I'll be able to do Guile's with a pad :( I just don't know how to use a stick. Friiiiiiiiick...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, I finished up my review the two Street Fighter Alpha anime shows. They suck. The end. Long story short.

Here's an image to sum them up.

t6td00.jpg

MattKeil said:
The fire marshal shut the place down because it was overcrowded. Probably shouldn't have made it a "come one, come all" kind of event.

yeah I saw that but it doesn't change the fact that they fucked up. Why the fuck RSVP if its for nothing! should have been limited RSVP not come and serve.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Did they have the game/stuff for sale there or was it some sort of gala event type of thing to celebrate the launch?

When i played SF2 back in the day, it use to shit me off no end when people would play footsies style and just mash the light/medium buttons - just made me want to stop them dead in their tracks with a fierce. So what if it's a bit scrubby, if someone deserves a fierce punch or foot sweep, so be it!

Top Bottom