• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Cowie said:
end of Page 96? Really?

And about three pages of content to show for it.

Still, doesn't stop me from refreshing this thread every chance I get. God damn I need this game :\

I just keep popping in here to see if someone gets an NA copy early so I can commence freaking out and contact all my local game outlets.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
KittenMaster said:
That's not being a scrub. That's playing to win with limited tactics.

If the other person beats the tactics, and they continue with it- then they're being scrubs.

My definition of scrub: Someone who is losing, then does the same predictable tactics expecting different results.

The predictable part is important, cause someone who is mixing it up but losing isn't a scrub, they're just getting beat up by something better, either matchup or player.

If the other person beats the tactics, and they continue with it- then they're being scrubs.
No, they're being n00bs.

Being a scrub isn't relevant to skill, it's more relevant to what a person's attitude is. IE: Complaining about tick throws or making up criteria as to what makes a real player and not real is being scrubbish. You can actually have skill, and still be a scrub, while a person may be the worst player in the world but perfectly understand what people do to win.

Using the same tactics over and over and not knowing to mix things up is called not being skilled. These people should be approached with helpfulness and a kind, holding hand. Scrubs should be burned and tossed into a garbage can.

People need to get their derogatory categorizations of players right.

Snaku

Banned
rager said:
Found an interesting guide for SFIV. It has some nice info and tactics. Enjoy

HGM_100.jpg

http://www.o-sd.com/hardcoregamermag/publicPDF/HGMDownload.php?file=HGM34.pdf

Does anybody know which stores carry this magazine? I've checked several places, and come up with nothing.

dexterslu

MoxManiac said:
Ken and Ryu are often far apart tier-wise in many SF games. Ken is quite a bit higher then Ryu in 3s, for example. In SF4 it's reversed.

Interesting that they put Fei Long up in Tier A. I'm curious what he has that makes him good.

During the 1up PRO session the guy's speculated that Fei wouldn't be that great, so who knows

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I think my main problem, in the past, is fighting the urge to jump in. I make stupid mistakes with unsafe jumps and get punished for it. On top of that, I can't cross up effectively. =/ So, I'll be putting in major training time with SF4 to correct these mistakes. :lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
akachan ningen said:
yeah, unless the game lets you map mp+mk to one of the shoulder buttons. Pads are so icky, but some people can use them well.
Is FADC as hard as Akira's stun palm of doom? I think I had to rewire my brain to get that move out consistently on a dpad.

LALILULELO

Neo Member
Skilotonn said:
Just got a call from one of the friends of mine that owns the game store I go to - and they'll be selling me Street Fighter IV as soon as it comes in in about 2 hours... :D

Apparently the game really is street-dated in Europe and Capcom is being a hardass about the game so they're not allowed to sell, but they got a promo version for the store to display, plus all the stands and stuff...

Right after that, it's just a matter of picking up my Hori stick that I lent out (I'll use that till the TE comes) and it'll finally be go time!

Just got the game from my gamestore and I'm in the Netherlands, yaay! :D

LALILULELO said:
Just got the game from my gamestore and I'm in the Netherlands, yaay! :D

So is NA the only place that it isn't street dated? Oddly, when I spoke about this with the manager at the local EB he was very sly in his response. He might have been hiding the fact that they were getting it sooner than expected.

panda21

i had my first street fighter IV dream last night :D i was playing as ryu and i was SO GOOD that i could do chun li's spinning bird kick even though ryu doesnt have that move. next level

any sfiv pad sightings in europe yet????

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
MmMMmmmm.....

3276632052_cecc6c3bb4.jpg

3276626632_5b0cc3cf85.jpg

What artwork is inside of those covers? tell meeee.......
Doesnt look like mine
-_-

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I want to have the real SFIV box art when I buy the game. How should I print this out? What size paper is used for XBox 360 DVD box art?

Xabora said:
Wait, 7-11s in VA sell games?
This around Metro or like PWC?

The one on 29 in Charlottesville had Madden, IIRC.

The one in my hometown is terrible. I tried to get Halo 3 early and they looked at me like I was speaking arabic.

Spy

Just got an email from Barnes and Noble saying my SE FightStick will be shipped within the next 14 days. I AM PISSED OFF.

Hopefully Amazon can come through with my TE FightStick.

Xabora

YuriLowell said:
The one on 29 in Charlottesville had Madden, IIRC.

The one in my hometown is terrible. I tried to get Halo 3 early and they looked at me like I was speaking arabic.
ehh fark that.
Too far out. :(

Grifter

After a few days of the TE sticks being late, my anticipation has died down. Think I'll call and switch my preorder. What's the next GAF hype train to jump on?

I mainly enjoy games during the period leading up to their releases.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Grifter said:
After a few days of the TE sticks being late, my anticipation has died down. Think I'll call and switch my preorder. What's the next GAF hype train to jump on?

:lol :lol :lol

Grifter said:

:lol :lol

Wow.

Grifter said:

There is a small game called Killzone 2, but that train is already off its rails.

keanerie

Grifter said:

Almost got me there...

Fly away troll :D

Kintaro said:
I think my main problem, in the past, is fighting the urge to jump in. I make stupid mistakes with unsafe jumps and get punished for it. On top of that, I can't cross up effectively. =/ So, I'll be putting in major training time with SF4 to correct these mistakes. :lol

lol i'm still constantly fighting the urge to jump in. it's a bad habit that's hard to break.

SapientWolf said:
Is FADC as hard as Akira's stun palm of doom? I think I had to rewire my brain to get that move out consistently on a dpad.

fadc is pretty hard, at least initially. it's getting into your brain to focus, dash, then continue the combo instead of just focusing and then sitting there like a fucktard as you eat an ex boom from guile.

Darkman M said:
fed-ex just delivered my copy :D

game or stick if it's the stick FUCK YOU

Grifter said:

:lol i love gaf

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well GameStoppers, lets cross our fingers for some good news today. If not...well, I'll get a Super Robot related article up today to soften the blow.

GQman2121

Banned
Kintaro said:
Well GameStoppers, lets cross our fingers for some good news today. If not...well, I'll get a Super Robot related article up today to soften the blow.

If my import shop get's the game in today, before GS get's their sticks, I think I'm going to flip-the-fuck-out........

I didn't expect the sticks to be this late and I always expected the game to be a few days early.

Blueblur1

Snaku said:
Thanks for the link. :)
No problem!
Grifter said:

Killzone 2 train is chuggin' at full steam and there's always Resident Evil 5. Capgod is the all praising phrase for all things Capcom. ;)

I'm still very much excited for SFIV though. I'm avoiding a lot of the youtube videos because I really want that brand new feeling once I finally have a disc to put into my 360's tray.

Barrett2

I am headed to the mall today to pick up Valentine's presents, so I am hoping to get lucky with either the game or a fight pad at least. There are 5 stores there that carry games... who knows.

*says little prayer and points index finger at the sky*

Top Bottom