• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

ascully

darkpaladinmfc said:
Ok thanks. What buttons does the HRAP EX use? And how different are they to the TE stick.

The HRAPEX uses Hori buttons I didnt like them at all so I switched them out only cost $12 for the exact 8 buttons that are on the TE stick, and putting them in is childs play.

The buttons are a matter of preference though, I feel the Hori ones are really cheap plastic and are harder to press than the sanwa ones.

Barrett2

Gamestop B&N Order Email said:
Dear (CHUMP),

This email is to inform you that one or more products listed below from your order (SF4 SE Stick) has been delayed from shipping. At this time, we do not have a ship date, but your backordered product(s) should be available again within the next 14 days.

GRAAAHYUIYFIUYFGIYFGIYJFGJGJG!!
rage1wv6.jpg

So just so I go out with some sort of knowledge tomorrow, I am guessing my best options as far as sticks are concerned go as this:

-Hori EX/HRAP3 and swap out the buttons for sanwa
-possibly a VF high grade

rager

Banned
BudokaiMR2 said:
So just so I go out with some sort of knowledge tomorrow, I am guessing my best options as far as sticks are concerned go as this:

-Hori EX/HRAP3 and swap out the buttons for sanwa
-possibly a VF high grade

This is what I am doing. my HRAP3 is coming from Amazon and I am going to do the swap. It will then be every bit as good as the overhyped and overpriced TE.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
HankScorpio said:
I just got back from the SF IV event of disappointment, I also think i saw MarkMan there.....

You shoulda said hi! !!!

UC1 said:
OMG at the HDR controllers!!! Are you selling those?

Nope, if you have one of these, consider yourself super lucky :)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If that's not proof enough to unban Gouken and Seth from the upcoming tourney, I don't know what is. :lol

Not really.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Kintaro said:
If that's not proof enough to unban Gouken and Seth from the upcoming tourney, I don't know what is. :lol

Not really.
Seth would be (and maybe still should be) bannable if not for the insane amount of damage he takes and how little damage he does in versus. He's pretty abusable if you can manage not to get hit as he has all of the tools to do it.

I honestly think ALL of the characters are viable. Even Dan has some nice shit. Very surprised to see Cammy so low. Then again, its very early so....

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
PhatSaqs said:
Seth would be (and maybe still should be) bannable if not for the insane amount of damage he takes and how little damage he does in versus. He's pretty abusable if you can manage not to get hit as he has all of the tools to do it.

I honestly think ALL of the characters are viable. Even Dan has some nice shit. Very surprised to see Cammy so low. Then again, its very early so....

I was really joking...

Alski said:
How are Ken and Ryu not in the same tier?

And forgive my ignorance, but how are these tiers determined.

SF4 isn't like the original, where they were just the same character with different heads.

Don't worry about that tier list or any other list, it's all pointless.

Kandrick said:
:lol

I stopped the count at 10. Damn scrub ryu spamming. :D

wow, so the best player in japan
world?
is a scrub now? You guys really need to chill on the scrub shit. it's like you heard the word on srk for the first time and now all of a sudden it applies anyone. smdh

MoxManiac

Alski said:
How are Ken and Ryu not in the same tier?

And forgive my ignorance, but how are these tiers determined.

Ken and Ryu are often far apart tier-wise in many SF games. Ken is quite a bit higher then Ryu in 3s, for example. In SF4 it's reversed.

Interesting that they put Fei Long up in Tier A. I'm curious what he has that makes him good.

EDIT: bdizzle, dude, it's sarcasm!

PhatSaqs

Banned
MoxManiac said:
Interesting that they put Fei Long up in Tier A. I'm curious what he has that makes him good.
Well for starters, he has THE best FA in the game IMO. The range and speed on it are crazy. Probably the second best ground speed in the game (Elf gets first) as well with his super quick dash.

Also his new flying kick is not only ultra quick but also pretty safe on block, can act as an overhead, and puts him right in range for flame kick/command throw mix ups. His normals remain great as they always have been, and the range on his Rekkas are good as well (tho not HDR good).

Not so sure if he's that high but he is damn good in this game.

EDIT: and :lol at the comp on PS3 being more robust.

Takuan

ElyrionX said:
I forgot to mention in my original post: why?

Are there any technical differences? Or it comes down to friends and controller preferences?
The 360 version is the technical superior (AA, true 720p) - at this point it's purposeless to argue this fact. Truthfully, it's probably not a difference you'll notice when you're fucking someone's shit up. Anecdotal evidence claims play over live is smoother, but I don't think enough people have the game on both consoles to make a fair comparison.
akachan ningen said:
If you get it on 360, you need to buy a new pad or stick. Plus, the competition on PS3 will be way more robust, especially on the japanese side.
Most people are buying a new pad/stick regardless. Will it even be possible to have a smooth match against a Japanese opponent? If most of the North American competitive players will be playing on the Triple, then you have a valid argument.

rager

Banned
bdizzle said:
wow, so the best player in japan
world?
is a scrub now? You guys really need to chill on the scrub shit. it's like you heard the word on srk for the first time and now all of a sudden it applies anyone. smdh

Exactly. Having played Daigo on xboxlive
(I think that was him)
I can say that he is by no means a scrub. When I played SF2 in arcade I would play similar to that video with him. My fireball/dragonpunch traps were fierce, but that was not all that I used. Of course he kicked my ass and he played similar to that style, but that was skill in my book.

A scrub in my book is a person who just spams fireballs and uppercuts and throws AND HAS NO OTHER STRATEGY.

Takuan

rager said:
(I think that was him)
I can say that he is by no means a scrub. When I played SF2 in arcade I would play similar to that video with him. My fireball/dragonpunch traps were fierce, but that was not all that I used. Of course he kicked my ass and he played similar to that style, but that was skill in my book.

A scrub in my book is a person who just spams fireballs and uppercuts and throws AND HAS NO OTHER STRATEGY.
Daigo plays on the 360? Nice.

Darkman M

rager said:
(I think that was him)

I think Kandrick was being sarcastic dudes:lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Just got a call from one of the friends of mine that owns the game store I go to - and they'll be selling me Street Fighter IV as soon as it comes in in about 2 hours... :D

Apparently the game really is street-dated in Europe and Capcom is being a hardass about the game so they're not allowed to sell, but they got a promo version for the store to display, plus all the stands and stuff...

Right after that, it's just a matter of picking up my Hori stick that I lent out (I'll use that till the TE comes) and it'll finally be go time!

LowParry

bdizzle said:
i just wanna say fuck the 360 controller. it makes playing SFIV very frustrating.

Makes you feel bad for those attending that Gamestop tourny. I thought about trying it out but eh. I've never even got to touch SFIV yet.

rager

Banned
bdizzle said:
i just wanna say fuck the 360 controller. it makes playing SFIV very frustrating.

NO HE'S NOT!!!!!!
nm then lol

Agreed. It is the worst. There is no way to do FADC effectively. I can do it a little with ryu and fireballs but geez it is horrible. And dont even try to use Zangeif or do an Ultra with charging moves. :lol

rager

Banned
I hope to be able to play some of the best in the world like Daigo and others. I want to get good like I used to play. It has been so long and at my age my reflexes arent like they were when I was 20. :lol

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
xpost

I have a 360 SFIVTE stick coming from Amazon.com.

PM me offers, I have 100% ebay, gooxex, cag ratings + paypal verified address and tons of neogaf feedback.

Cowie

end of Page 96? Really?

And about three pages of content to show for it.

Still, doesn't stop me from refreshing this thread every chance I get. God damn I need this game :\

Chorazin

I kinda want to go to the Gamestop touney and cover it for my podcast, but having to play with the stock 360 pad makes me a sad panda. I wish I could at least take my HORI DOA4 stick.

Top Bottom