• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Spy said:
I don't know, maybe because stores sometimes get games in early?

If it helps, there hasn't been any word on early release by Wal-mart in the thread. =/ Would be nice though. :lol

Archie said:
Sorta OT, but I got my first hate reply on XBL with HD remix. I can't wait to get more in SF4. *sniff* I feel so grown up!

It's like your XBL jerk cherry has just been popped! Welcome to the club.

As long as it wasn't because you disconnected before losing a ranked match. Then, you'd just be a jerk.

Also, I forsee a lot more people playing as Ken/Ryu with SF4 than HDR... even though the ratio is pretty ridiculous in HDR as it stands.

Hate shoto players becuz half of them are bleh and just hadoken spam (which is so easy to counter)

They refuse to break from the norm which always drives me crazy.

EDIT: I dont hate all shoto players. :p Just the ones I mentioned above.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
TurtleSnatcher said:
Hate shoto players becuz half of them are bleh and just hadoken spam (which is so easy to counter)

Sounds like easy wins/practice to me! :D

Blueblur1

Spy said:
Is there any news on Walmart or other big retail stores getting the game tomorrow?
Actually, I just got an Xbox Live message from a fellow GAFFer. He says...
Some GameStops and Wal-marts MAY be getting shipments of SFIV tomorrow. So make sure to check your local stores.
Don't know if he's right or not.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Guled said:
did you get that 10 wins in a row achievement?

Need to check and see. I think I did, got a bunch of achievements in a row. Some of them (if not all of them) you can get in versus games, BTW. Want the taunt achievement? Do a versus match against another human, leave the controller there, and taunt away. The perfect win one works this way too I think.

Shotos are fun to beat up on. Whats the problem?

donkey show said:
Holy fuck there's like nearly a thousand people at the launch party right now.

I am so damn jealous of you.

Where can I get pics and video of event so I can pretend I'm there?

TurtleSnatcher said:

I don't hate all shotos. One of my friends is a wicked Ryu player and I use Akuma in HDR from time to time. I just hate the ones who are bleh and hadoken spam (which is more than half!)... which is easy to counter, yeah, but gets old pretty quickly. When I get my ass handed to me by a good shoto player, I don't automatically dismiss them as "fuck that asshole using Ken"... I just take the loss like I would against any other char. So yeah, pretty much what you said!

outsidah

Arpharmd B said:
Shotos are fun to beat up on. Whats the problem?

As someone else stated, I believe its just that it gets boring to play scruby Shotos who repeat the same tactics over and over.

I've played some damn good Shotos who have left me in awe as they used their arsenal to 100% potential while keeping me challenged. These guys are the exception though.

Yeah. It frustrates me when I go online in HDR some nights and end up playing 90% Ryu/Ken/Akumas.

I want to fight a Honda every now and then, and Cammy, and a good Blanka! Just mix it up! *sigh*

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I love the focus system. So much now. Having time to mess with it and also play against tons of scrubs online is showing me what lies ahead. It's easier to take care of the stupid bullshit like never before. This guy just tried to sit there and turtle with Guile, and I just kept walking right up, charging the heavy focus, hitting through his garbage, and punishing him for it, over and over. :lol

And at least against the crap shoto players, Cammy is a straight Shoto-KILLER.

outsidah said:
As someone else stated, I believe its just that it gets boring to play scruby Shotos who repeat the same tactics over and over.

I've played some damn good Shotos who have left me in awe as they used their arsenal to 100% potential while keeping me challenged. These guys are the exception though.

I feel ya.

But hey for every couple scrubs, shit connections, droppers you come across there is always some badass SRKer you come across that will give you an awesome fight, teach you some things, or just completely beat your ass.

Personally I love fighting shoto scrubs, especially in 3rd Strike. There's nothing more satisfying than using the absolute bottom tier characters (Q, Twelve, Hugo, Remy, etc.) and destroying a Ken player who only picks him cause he's the best character in the game.

Arpharmd B said:
I feel ya.

But hey for every couple scrubs, shit connections, droppers you come across there is always some badass SRKer you come across that will give you an awesome fight, teach you some things, or just completely beat your ass.

Personally I love fighting shoto scrubs, especially in 3rd Strike. There's nothing more satisfying than using the absolute bottom tier characters (Q, Twelve, Hugo, Remy, etc.) and destroying a Ken player who only picks him cause he's the best character in the game.

As soon as I figured out most people playing 3S in my area were total scrubtactular tier whores Q became my go to guy at the arcade. It feels so sweet.:D

jaydogg691

Finally after finding some parking, now I have to wait in line to get in the party. This is feels like it's 10x bigger than the LA Fight Club.

CPS2

Eh, let people use whoever they want. If you get bored of playing people worse than you, just find some better players.

Snapshot King said:
I believe so since we'll be getting the 2nd or 3rd shipment.

When I see posts like this, it makes me feel like an asshole for hoping my stick would get here already and hoping I can score the game before the 17th/18th.

:(

keanerie

UC1 said:
Eh, let people use whoever they want. If you get bored of playing people worse than you, just find some better players.

Yeah, agreed. If you can't stomach what you're surrounded by, just step it up to the next level.

thirtytwoutside said:
When I see posts like this, it makes me feel like an asshole for hoping my stick would get here already and hoping I can score the game before the 17th/18th.

:(

Well I'm a canuck and I had to pay over 250 for my TE stick because I ordered it from Gamestop cuz there was no way I was going to wait.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Snapshot King said:
Yeah. It frustrates me when I go online in HDR some nights and end up playing 90% Ryu/Ken/Akumas.

I want to fight a Honda every now and then, and Cammy, and a good Blanka! Just mix it up! *sigh*

The only thing I don't like is Akumas, cause the way I view it Akuma player = griefer.

Usually my solution is to try and piss them off with multiple tickthrows and make them ragequit. I don't mind being an asshole to Akumas.

Everything else I'm fine with, even Honda (if I think someone's going to Honda I just switch to Chun)

Mileena

Banned
Snapshot King said:

Add me :] All I get on vent is spammed with "E HONDA IS TOO FUCKIN GOOD!" or "FUCKING TIER WHORE, YOURE BAD." when I tap some ass with Honda. What's better is the kid usually complaining only uses Sagat/Akuma.

Blueblur1 said:
Actually, I just got an Xbox Live message from a fellow GAFFer. He says... Don't know if he's right or not.
I just placed a preorder at gamestop.com for store pickup just in case. It's worth the $5 or whatever to get it a week earlier than Bestbuy's release date.

Zapages

I used to play a mean M. Bison back in Super Street Fighter II days on the SNES.

Now I play mostly Ryu, Remy, Dudley, Ken, Ibuki on SF 3 Third Strike... But I don't spam the hadoken at all... I hate it when others do it...

Earlier I was playing against someone who was using only Ryu and Ken... All he did was through haduken after haduken... I hated as he had no skill at all... Boring...

corkscrewblow said:
Add me :] All I get on vent is spammed with "E HONDA IS TOO FUCKIN GOOD!" or "FUCKING TIER WHORE, YOURE BAD." when I tap some ass with Honda. What's better is the kid usually complaining only uses Sagat/Akuma.

oh no!! nobody else is allowed to select Honda besides me!!
you hear me!!!
nobody!!

just kidding, select him,... I will select him too

Top Bottom