• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Silver-lining if the stuff doesn't arrive today: I can finish and review Street Fighter II V over the weekend and complete all SF related anime before the game hits. Woot, woot!

Omg..

FedEx is so retarded..

He tried delivering the package..

I wasn't home .. so he rescheduled delivery for Feb 16th!?!?

Wtf? Why can't he just leave it at my leasing office like EVERY OTHER FEDEX PACKAGE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED! I freaking signed addendum and contracts to allow those people to sign for me.

I just called them up and she said its up to the drivers discretion to go back now.. Ugh.

They did take my e-mail and I would get notification if it delivers.

If it doesn't then I gotta pick it up at the local FedEx facilities..

SO PISSED

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Blueblur1 said:
No problem!

Killzone 2 train is chuggin' at full steam and there's always Resident Evil 5. Capgod is the all praising phrase for all things Capcom. ;)

I'm still very much excited for SFIV though. I'm avoiding a lot of the youtube videos because I really want that brand new feeling once I finally have a disc to put into my 360's tray.
But YouTube can't do 60fps@720p. Prepare to be blown away if you haven't already seen the game in it's full glory.

anyone in Toronto have any luck?

lots of places are saying absolutely nothing until Tuesday (which means they have it but street dated) :(

TurtleSnatcher said:
Omg..

FedEx is so retarded..

Wtf? Why can't he just leave it at my leasing office like EVERY OTHER FEDEX PACKAGE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED! I freaking signed addendum and contracts to allow those people to sign for me.

I just called them up and she said its up to the drivers discretion to go back now.. Ugh.

SO PISSED

Cant you asked them if you can pick it up at their facility?
I usually do this with FedEx and UPS if I am away during the day.

I am dealing with DHL for my import and their hours are more restrictive, I will go home as soon as I get an email of it being on the road

EXGN

I don't know if this has been posted, but:

Street Fighter IV went on sale in Japan yesterday, simultaneously for the PS3 and XBox 360. The title had a pretty good opening day, selling 86,000 copies in total. The PS3 version sold 58,000 copies, while the 360 version sold 28,000.

Full breakdown HERE.

gutter_trash said:
Cant you asked them if you can pick it up at their facility?
I usually do this with FedEx and UPS if I am away during the day.

I am dealing with DHL for my import and their hours are more restrictive, I will go home as soon as I get an email of it being on the road
I probably can't.. just more of a hassle..

I can't believe how retarded that driver is.

The tracking says..

"Priority Envelope - Indirect Signature Required "

And then it defines this as my signature or the management offices signature would be required...

Yet he decided on his own to not even take it to the management office. Unfreaking believable lol.

Blueblur1

TurtleSnatcher said:

SO PISSED
At least you can pick it up. I'm tight on cash and already paid for it at GameStop so I'm tied to that.

SapientWolf said:
But YouTube can't do 60fps@720p. Prepare to be blown away if you haven't already seen the game in it's full glory.
Man, I can't wait! I'm so excited that I'm gonna go work out and use all this energy!

I lie; I was already planning on working out. ;)

Blueblur1 said:
At least you can pick it up. I'm tight on cash and already paid for it at GameStop so I'm tied to that.

Man, I can't wait! I'm so excited that I'm gonna go work out and use all this energy!

I lie; I was already planning on working out. ;)

So I just found out that the truck doesn't even get back to the FedEx facility until 8pm tonight.

They close at 8:30... ugh.

PhatSaqs

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Omg..

FedEx is so retarded..

SO PISSED
I would be heated beyond heated.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
TurtleSnatcher said:
I probably can't.. just more of a hassle..

I can't believe how retarded that driver is.

The tracking says..

"Priority Envelope - Indirect Signature Required "

And then it defines this as my signature or the management offices signature would be required...

Yet he decided on his own to not even take it to the management office. Unfreaking believable lol.
Maybe he knows how important SFIV is to you and doesn't want to risk someone else walking away with it. [/baseless speculation]

I think SFIV was announced in Fall of 07. If you can wait a year and a half you can wait 3 days. At least you'll have something to look forward to on Monday, which is exceedingly rare. Gamestop said they won't get my copy in until Wednesday but I'm not complaining. PC gamers have to wait another 4 months.

Takuan

I think I just locked down an PS3 fightstick for a very good price. I'm going to buy it on principle. It wouldn't be right to pass it up.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Decided to take some gallery pics for you guys who are still waiting on the game.

Illustration of Sakura's alternate costume
3277031752_0aa0fa22c1_o.jpg

Fei-long alternate costume idea (not used in the game, obviously)
3276211769_52356c4b2e_o.jpg

My stats so far in the game. You can see that they keep track of a lot of things when you're playing. I only wish that you could separate Ranked and Player match, because they're combined into one category. I was gunning for the 20 ranked game win streak achievement, but I got stopped at 15. :/
3277031338_3c16628e85_o.jpg

Character frequency list... as you can see, the large majority of my matches have been with Honda, and I usually switch to Fuerte and Viper during player matches. Low tier characters COMING CORRECT!
3276211649_657c2d91c5_o.jpg

SapientWolf said:
Maybe he knows how important SFIV is to you and doesn't want to risk someone else walking away with it. [/baseless speculation]

I think SFIV was announced in Fall of 07. If you can wait a year and a half you can wait 3 days. At least you'll have something to look forward to on Monday, which is exceedingly rare. Gamestop said they won't get my copy in until Wednesday but I'm not complaining. PC gamers have to wait another 4 months.
Wanted it for the weekend.

Either way.. I will have it before the weekend.. either via delivery or by going to the facility.. Just so freaking annoying. Stupid FedEx.

ashism

As somebody who hasn't played SF seriously in like 10 years, any characters I should specifically stay away from in this game?

I was thinking about giving E. Honda or Zang a spin, but would this put me at a disadvantage as a new player? Or will it be easy enough to adapt around. As much as I love shoto characters, I want to try something new.

PhatSaqs

Banned
ashism said:
As somebody who hasn't played SF seriously in like 10 years, any characters I should specifically stay away from in this game?

I was thinking about giving E. Honda or Zang a spin, but would this put me at a disadvantage as a new player? Or will it be easy enough to adapt around. As much as I love shoto characters, I want to try something new.
Sounds like you're looking for a character to pick up and be effective with right away. Rufus is your man.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
ashism said:

I suggest using the characters that you hate most first, because you will need to learn them all if you are serious about being competitive. I think the tier lists implicitly assume that both players know the strengths and weaknesses of both their character and the opponents.

ashism

SapientWolf said:
I suggest using the characters that you hate most first, because you will need to learn them all if you are serious about being competitive. I think the tier lists implicitly assume that both players know the strengths and weaknesses of both their character and the opponents.
Good suggestion. Might as well learn them all, and figure out what I like the most from there.

Prima Strategy Guide Ratings

Abel - 6
Akuma - 8
Balrog - 8
Viper - 5
Cammy - 5
Chun-Li - 7
Dan - 4
Dhalsim - 6
E Honda - 5
El Feurte - 6
Fei Long - 8
Gen - 6
Gouken - 7
Guile - 6
Ken - 7
Bison - 8
Rose - 7
Rufus - 8
Ryu - 9
Sagat - 9
Sakura - 6
Seth - 7
Vega - 5
Zangief - 9

Tiers

Sagat - S
Zangief, Ryu, Fei Long, Balrog, Bison, Blanka - A
Rufus, Akuma, Seth, Chun-Li, Gouken, Rose Ken, Sakura - B
El Fuerte, Gen, Able, Dhalsim, Guile, Viper - C
Cammy, Honda, Vega - D
Dan - F

MoxManiac

I hope the PS3 version logs all that player data too. I love that kind of stuff in games I play a fuckload of. I'm sure in a couple years my total playtime for SF4 will be something really obscene.

Xabora

TurtleSnatcher said:
Prima Strategy Guide Ratings

Abel - 6
Akuma - 8
Balrog - 8
Viper - 5
Cammy - 5
Chun-Li - 7
Dan - 4
Dhalsim - 6
E Honda - 5
El Feurte - 6
Fei Long - 8
Gen - 6
Gouken - 7
Guile - 6
Ken - 7
Bison - 8
Rose - 7
Rufus - 8
Ryu - 9
Sagat - 9
Sakura - 6
Seth - 7
Vega - 5
Zangief - 9

Tiers

Sagat - S
Zangief, Ryu, Fei Long, Balrog, Bison, Blanka - A
Rufus, Akuma, Seth, Chun-Li, Gouken, Rose Ken, Sakura - B
El Fuerte, Gen, Able, Dhalsim, Guile, Viper - C
Cammy, Honda, Vega - D
Dan - F
Whatever.

Dan is always an S to me.

bran

For the life of me I cannot beat the final boss on arcade mode on "Normal" with C.Viper where it was damn easy with Ryu. (30+ retries....)

I would agree C.Viper is a horrible character.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dan isnt that bad.. >_>

bran said:
For the life of me I cannot beat the final boss on arcade mode on "Normal" with C.Viper where it was damn easy with Ryu. (30+ retries....)

I would agree C.Viper is a horrible character.

Shes not. Use more EX Siesmic Hammer.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dan is the only character that can cancel a super into an ultra, IIRC. The hilarity that will ensue after connecting with that will make him a favorite among certain players, especially if there is a skill mismatch. He won't be used for serious tournament play though.

Anybody know which 7-11 stores sell games? I cant seem to find any around me that sell them. I am in the DC metro area so Maryland or northern Virginia is fine.

By the way.. the guide is really really good. I highly recommend you go out and buy it.

It has the frame data on EVERY single character move. Including just normal attacks..

Its pretty nuts.

TaKeRx

Oichi said:
Decided to take some gallery pics for you guys who are still waiting on the game.

My stats so far in the game. You can see that they keep track of a lot of things when you're playing. I only wish that you could separate Ranked and Player match, because they're combined into one category. I was gunning for the 20 ranked game win streak achievement, but I got stopped at 15. :/

Uhh, there's only an achievement for 10 ranked matches in a row, not 20.

Oichi said:
Honda fucking sucks

This I agree with you :lol. All Honda players I played so far weren't that good.

Arde5643

haunts said:
Dan isnt that bad.. >_>

Shes not. Use more EX Siesmic Hammer.
Yeah, Viper's definitely not bad at all - of course, if you play Viper like Shootos, that will get her killed really fast as evidenced by the early loketests. :lol

I think the closest I can think of Viper is like having Chipp or a fast rushdown GG character with healthy mixups and poor health in Street Fighter.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Oichi said:
Honda fucking sucks.
:O NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

I've really grown to love Honda after playing him a lot in HDR the past week...

Also, there's a concept art gallery?! Fuckawesome!

Arde5643

Shig said:
:O NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

I've really grown to love Honda after playing him a lot in HDR the past week...

Also, there's a concept art gallery?! Fuckawesome!
Yeahh, Honda pretty much sucks - the good thing is, even as sucky Honda is, he's nowhere near as sucky as Q, Remy, Hugo, or the rest of the low tier SF3 cast compared to Chun, Ken, Yun, and Urien.

You will most likely have a slight disadvantage with some characters, but it's not impossible - more like 4-6 rather than the 2-8 or 1-9 matchups that plague SF3.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Arde5643 said:
Yeahh, Honda pretty much sucks - the good thing is, even as sucky Honda is, he's nowhere near as sucky as Q, Remy, Hugo, or the rest of the low tier SF3 cast compared to Chun, Ken, Yun, and Urien.

You will most likely have a slight disadvantage with some characters, but it's not impossible - more like 4-6 rather than the 2-8 or 1-9 matchups that plague SF3.
That's cool. Sucky as Q or Hugo means 'not sucky at all', imo.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Arde5643 said:
Yeah, Viper's definitely not bad at all - of course, if you play Viper like Shootos, that will get her killed really fast as evidenced by the early loketests. :lol

I think the closest I can think of Viper is like having Chipp or a fast rushdown GG character with healthy mixups and poor health in Street Fighter.

Gears that feel bad about something they did..? makes no sense..

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Arde5643 said:

Have you even played SF4? Have you played Honda in SF4?

Zapages

Arde5643 said:

Actually Remy is really good/fun if you get good with him... I love destroying shoto hadoken spammers with him. :D

Top Bottom