• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Aedile

Rektash said:
Jesus Christ, I just got ultra reversaled by a Ryu. He reversaled out of my jab blockstring and hit me with the full ultra (Balrog player). Yesterday I got ultra reversaled by a Gief on straight dash punch block. Seriously, pls fix the broken reversals online, its just not funny (and only abusable by qcf characters which is quite unfair imo). I really hope this will be adressed in SSF IV, otherwise online will just stay as shitty as it is now. RAAGGGEEEEE!

Only tangentially related to this, but are SRK shortcuts being removed in SSF4?

ShinNL

You know, every time I browse through this thread I feel sad as all the talks include some character that is played a lot. I'm having the most fun online when 2 people choose underdogs. I main Sakura, Rose and Cammy... :(

qcf x2

Rektash said:
Jesus Christ, I just got ultra reversaled by a Ryu. He reversaled out of my jab blockstring and hit me with the full ultra (Balrog player). Yesterday I got ultra reversaled by a Gief on straight dash punch block. Seriously, pls fix the broken reversals online, its just not funny (and only abusable by qcf characters which is quite unfair imo). I really hope this will be adressed in SSF IV, otherwise online will just stay as shitty as it is now. RAAGGGEEEEE!

Zangief is is not a qcf character. Jab blockstring reversals suck, but if it makes you feel better they aren't exclusive to the online world. Just more effective. If you encounter this problem a lot, stop your strings short to bait the SRK. Besides, a Balrog player complaining about wanting changes is funny.

I main Sakura, Rose and Cammy... :(

We should play if you have XBL. I use all the girlz!

Zissou

I really hope that in Super, there's an online mode in which characters whose names begin with either Ryu or Ken are banned, and if they are selected, they must play each other, and only each other, in the shoto hell they have created for themselves. Over 50% of my total matches played are against either Ryu or Ken. If I add in Akuma and Sagat it only gets worse. I'm tired of playing against these boring as fuck characters, and I not-so-secretly hope that those who play them die is a freak gasoline fight accident.

Duelist

Jazzy Network said:
God I hope so. Fucking up Bison's ultra is annoying.

Ditto. I also hope they tighten up the windows for inputting a special move. It's really annoying when I walk up, cr. mk -> fireball and get a SRK at the end instead. Having to actively let the stick return to neutral before inputting the fireball is lame. I can do this flawlessly in ST, yet it never gives me the right move in SF4.

rocK`

Banned
Majestros said:
Round three! This time it's a two-part challenge.

SF4 Combo Challenge 03: Ken

Like before, i don't care about capture quality so use any recording equipment you have on hand, especially since we don't even need to see damage numbers this time.

How do you keep track of the challenge's? do you have a list of people's entries?

Zissou said:
I really hope that in Super, there's an online mode in which characters whose names begin with either Ryu or Ken are banned, and if they are selected, they must play each other, and only each other, in the shoto hell they have created for themselves. Over 50% of my total matches played are against either Ryu or Ken. If I add in Akuma and Sagat it only gets worse. I'm tired of playing against these boring as fuck characters, and I not-so-secretly hope that those who play them die is a freak gasoline fight accident.

ok. *continues playing as Ryu*

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Zissou said:

The other night, I was playing championship, and only fought one Ryu. No Ken. No Akuma. No Sagat. It was amazing.

K.Sabot

So my 360 E74'd and I'm too lazy to send it back.

In response, I bought SF4 on PS3 and found out that there's nobody online.

So anyone want to play a few rounds? I need to get my execution up to snuff on this sixaxis.

PSN: StuffedTiger

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Zapages: You're lucky I don't have a digital camera or I'd totally post your ragequit just now. :p

BTW, Abel's HK Wheel Kick is -10 on block, more than enough for me to fit in that Metsu Hadouken.

imtehman

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
The other night, I was playing championship, and only fought one Ryu. No Ken. No Akuma. No Sagat. It was amazing.

you're lucky. I've fought about 60 percent ryu and 30 percent chun li's for the past 2 days

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
rocK` said:
How do you keep track of the challenge's? do you have a list of people's entries?
Everyone submits them as video responses to the original video. So if you go back to one of the earlier challenges you'll see like 30 responses for the first one, almost 20 for the second one and 2 for the oldschool Ryu one. Cuz you know, all the OG people are getting owned up by pinball achievements.

TofuEater

Went to the arcades yesterday and played some games. (First time in the arcades after getting my TE stick)

annnnnnnnnnnnd I got whooped. The keys are crap, and the stick is a tad too sensitive. I did do a fadc f.rh ultra with sagat to win 1 round, and that was it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Solune said:
Well I felt that was the case at the beginning of our matches but mid game you had your game going and had me locked down alot of the time.
Much of the time it was just me figuring out what to do against both the characters you picked and how you played them. When you started wandering around in the character select screen while playing Vega, I really wanted you to stick with him because I didn't know how to approach that matchup at all.

Captain N

I got a TE stick today. I plan on playing this a few hours a day. Anyone want to play? LAAG Tag is my gamertag.

Should I install the game to my harddrive? (360)

Captain N said:
I got a TE stick today. I plan on playing this a few hours a day. Anyone want to play? LAAG Tag is my gamertag.

if you have the hardrive space then do so, you'll make online opponents happier.

EDIT: FFUUUUU- new page..

Captain N said:

i got a te stick today too!

My 2nd one (I sold the first since I never used it)

I sucks now about 25 percent more then i use too :(

Zapages

Hitokage said:
Zapages: You're lucky I don't have a digital camera or I'd totally post your ragequit just now. :p

BTW, Abel's HK Wheel Kick is -10 on block, more than enough for me to fit in that Metsu Hadouken.

Rage Quit??? I sent a message of disconnected??? As I was we were in the middle of the match and I was sent to Network screen. Also I never received a reply. :( We were having good fun too. Also your Chun Li is really good and I got tired with the pad. Also I was really rusty with Abel and Rose as I haven't played with them in a long time.

Good games man. :)

EDIT: Thanks for the tip about Abel... :)

Duelist

Lost Fragment said:
GGs Duelist. I get socked by that damn ultra juggle every freaking time I play a Balrog :lol

Yeah great games. I've never actually played such a strong C. Viper before, so I got a lot of good matchup experience. :D

Captain N said:
I want to play a lot too, but i had just turned on sf4 and we got our matches going..still need to unlock everyone and get used to the stick.
To get decent in SF4.. it takes time..

I mean you gotta just keep playing and focus on a few chars with similar skill sets.. i unfortunately chose 2 of the weirdest chars.. Gen and Fuerte.

But I still know how to play other chars decently only because I've watched videos and played so many others who use them that ive just kinda grown to learn on what to do when using them.

I recommend watching videos of others playing.. it gives great ideas. ALso just testing stuff out and what not in training.

-----------

So I've started playing Ryu recently... man.. learning FADC to Ultra is quite possibly one of the best things to learn in this game. I started just doing it continuously in tranining.. I think I have it down to 85% hit now. I then swapped over to Ken and played around with his.. and then swapped over to Gouken and played with his after an EX Shoryuken ... Now knowing how to do it rocks.. Being able to do all these awesome combos and so easily too!

Solune

Hitokage said:
Much of the time it was just me figuring out what to do against both the characters you picked and how you played them. When you started wandering around in the character select screen while playing Vega, I really wanted you to stick with him because I didn't know how to approach that matchup at all.

If it's not obvious, I main Ryu, but I really want to switch my main to Cammy so I've been training with her and its screwing up my timing with Ryu.
My TKCS execution is still poor at around 50% of the time, so if you see me doing random JFK its my TKCS attempts.
I'm not even sure if how I play Vega is decent or similar to anyone, as I don't watch any vids of Claw players. I just enjoy using him.
But if you think it will help you learn the match up I will use him the next time.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Solune said:
I'm not even sure if how I play Vega is decent or similar to anyone, as I don't watch any vids of Claw players. I just enjoy using him.
But if you think it will help you learn the match up I will use him the next time.
Well, I wasn't even at the point of acquiring an overall strategy, just basic "how do my normals interact with your normals" and "what are my options when you do a given special move".

I'm probably missing something utterly basic, but I was having a hard time given Vega's long reach and penchant for going to the air.

STG

I just decided to use Vega (Claw) more, so does anyone know some really great match videos for inspiration purpose?

qcf x2

I feel like I'm fighting clones of my previous opponent in Player Matches. Oh well, that's when I bust out my weak characters to work on matchups, or experiment with my stronger characters.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I cannot imagine how low my game has fallen since I haven't played SFIV in over 2 weeks - especially since I wasn't even near perfect since moving to the TE stick still - oh boy...

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Skilotonn said:
I cannot imagine how low my game has fallen since I haven't played SFIV in over 2 weeks - especially since I wasn't even near perfect since moving to the TE stick still - oh boy...
Don't feel bad. I've stopped playing since September and have no desire to return. I've actually picked up VF5 again for my fighting fix. SSF4 will bring me back though.

Threi

notag
Skilotonn said:
What's worse is when you suck for so long that you get used to it, and essentially forget how the game is played.

I was looking at my old vids (which was when I was just starting to get the hang of bison) and I realized half of the stuff I did I couldn't do right now.

I guess bob_arctor has the right idea to just give up on SF4 and wait until SSF4 drops for a fresh start.

Top Bottom