• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Great games with Tekno today, he made me his bitch though :/
I need tooooonz of practice to play with the 'big guys'

So yeah i need a sparring partner. (At least 2 bars connection)

"Great games with Tekno today, he made me his bitch though :/
I need tooooonz of practice to play with the 'big guys'"

GGs fersis! Lag was as expected, but not unplayable.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Teknopathetic said:
"Great games with Tekno today, he made me his bitch though :/
I need tooooonz of practice to play with the 'big guys'"

GGs fersis! Lag was as expected, but not unplayable.
If you can endure the lag, we can play some other day.
I HAVE TO LEARN TO TECH cr LP -> Grab!! :mad:

I just started playing Ryu for the first time ever last night.

I really regret not starting with a bread and butter character as I can't get any of his links down.. I try cr. jab cr. mk hadoken and sometimes it works but a lot of times it doesnt.. not to mention half the time I get a damn shoryuken :((

Of course i started with Fuerte and Gen and I'm good with those guys. I need to also learn all the little things like I had no idea a jab shoryuken can go right into super or countering some slow attacks like a cr. RH from Ryu/Ken with a Super or cr. Fierce from Blanka with a super etc..

Fersis

TurtleSnatcher said:
I just started playing Ryu for the first time ever last night.

I really regret not starting with a bread and butter character as I can't get any of his links down.. I try cr. jab cr. mk hadoken and sometimes it works but a lot of times it doesnt.. not to mention half the time I get a damn shoryuken :((

Of course i started with Fuerte and Gen and I'm good with those guys. I need to also learn all the little things like I had no idea a jab shoryuken can go right into super or countering some slow attacks like a cr. RH from Ryu/Ken with a Super or cr. Fierce from Blanka with a super etc..
I played with Ryu for the first time the other day against Tekno... you can guess the results :lol

TurtleSnatcher said:

don't feel bad, cr. jab to cr. mk is a one framer >.<

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
FindMyFarms said:

which is an awful, awful farce. cr jab, cr mp is 2 though, right? I don't know, I don't even use jabs anymore, I'm too L33T.

Threi

notag
FindMyFarms said:
really? I thought it was more than that because out of all the links I find that one pretty easy to do.

The harder ones are linking to sweep :/

Btw TurtleSnatcher why not try out Bison?

Why doesn't anyone try out Bison?

:/

I got knocked out pretty quickly myself. Dan was just not doing it against Chun-Li. Her freaking pokes and fireball were driving me crazy.

But I guess I have to learn the matchup better. It's just frustrating. She can follow her fireball, do overhead, use her EX SBK as a reversal, pokes (low jab, low forward, low strong, low roundhouse, etc) and has lightning legs in combos. Now, her number is up against Ryu, Rufust, Sagat, etc but Dan. She's a wall.

GGs to Jekki. You were starting to keep me out in the second match. It was so annoying chasing after Dhalsim.

Going to reinstall SFIV on my PC. Just wanted to doublecheck, you can't edit the graphics settings unless it's done in the config.ini file?

Now, when you edit the file, can you just look at the menu options, and then edit the options to select it in the file?

AZ Greg

Quick question, I've been messing with Rufus and Dhalsim lately and was wondering what the input/trick was for the instant teleport/instant dive kick (I'm assuming it would be the same along with Cammy's dive kick). Always wondered but never knew how.

Spiderjericho said:
I got knocked out pretty quickly myself. Dan was just not doing it against Chun-Li. Her freaking pokes and fireball were driving me crazy.

But I guess I have to learn the matchup better. It's just frustrating. She can follow her fireball, do overhead, use her EX SBK as a reversal, pokes (low jab, low forward, low strong, low roundhouse, etc) and has lightning legs in combos. Now, her number is up against Ryu, Rufust, Sagat, etc but Dan. She's a wall.

GGs to Jekki. You were starting to keep me out in the second match. It was so annoying chasing after Dhalsim.

I got owned by a couple of good dans recently. They all knew how to bait and focus attack all of my poke attempts. Once they got that established, a lot of my options were shut down, and when I let them inside, they do mixups in between his safe cr.short and flying knee pressure strings and kept me guessing.

ggs to Hitokage. Chun represent!

JEKKI

lol so Im trying to learn Dhalsim.

it's tough, but I think it'll be rewarding in the end.

I already received my first hatemail from using him! in voice message form!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvK9JGG7R_c

I started using him more serious yesterday, I guess that video shows I must be doing some thing right :D

-EDIT-

btw, GG GalacticAE and SpiderJ!

hopefully I can get better with Sim by saturday... wanna see how I fare in a tournament this weekend

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
So there were two streamed tournaments this weekend and another streamed tournament the weekend before? That's pretty cool.

I wonder what's going to happen once SSF4 comes out. It would be pretty funny if someone hooked up a stream to Justin Wong's house and half the internet watched him do fierce uppercuts in training mode for all of launch day instead of playing the game.

Though i won't lie, if someone hooked up a stream into Valle's house on Tekken 6 launch day, i'd watch him do 112 for 17 hours.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Really? The prison costume is the only thing that makes Cody interesting. What was he before Alpha 3? Just some generic dude in a side-scroller trying to rescue his kidnapped girlfriend.

Now he's a guy who beat the game and became a hero but didn't let that stop him from fighting until people stopped cheering for him and he got himself arrested. You can't tell me that isn't tragically funny.

Besides, it looks much better in every color but the default blue.

Yeah, I'm going to wait until Friday to get clear pictures of the trio. It sure would be nice if the two to four remaining characters are new. But the rumor says Mokoto, Hasan (or whatever his name is), Dudley and Ibuki. Yawn. More characters are always welcome.

Maybe when SSFIV releases, maybe we can do weekly or bi-weekly ranbats on PSN (I preordered both versions, so I'm down for Live too).

Majestros said:
Really? The prison costume is the only thing that makes Cody interesting. What was he before Alpha 3? Just some generic dude in a side-scroller trying to rescue his kidnapped girlfriend.

Now he's a guy who beat the game and became a hero but didn't let that stop him from fighting until people stopped cheering for him and he got himself arrested. You can't tell me that isn't tragically funny.

Besides, it looks much better in every color but the default blue.

HAHAHA, I'm a finall fight fan but I never knew this. That's hilarious.

Woooo Adon!

Duelist

From that teaser picture with Chun Li and the FA arc, I assumed the FA arc belonged to Adon.

This should be interesting. I'm a huge fan of both Adon and Cody..... Guy not so much.

XenoRaven

Duelist said:
From that teaser picture with Chun Li and the FA arc, I assumed the FA arc belonged to Adon.

This should be interesting. I'm a huge fan of both Adon and Cody..... Guy not so much.
I know it's kind of stupid to be saying it now, but people were saying it was an axe kick motion, it looked more like an uppercut motion to me. I actually thought it was going to be Dudley. Turns out I was only half right.

Grifter

Lost Fragment said:
So I'm in the market for some new parts for my stick. Which online retailer do ya'll recommend?
GGs tonight! You have a lot of really good alts, makes me want to up my time with the game and get some alts up there to challenge them. :lol

You also have the best Viper I know so I love to get those games in cuz nobody here plays her. Gotta grind a bit before NEC with MW2 distracting me.

Top Bottom