• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Zissou said:
GGs farms. Thanks for proving once again that I don't know how to play not Blanka :lol
I thought you retired from online?

I'll still play randomly in the middle of the night to pass the time, just no extended sessions.

GG's sir!

GG's also to Tek and Sollune.

Tek's dictator unleashed an onslaught of bright shiny shin guards on my poor poor fei.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Ugh. Tried to get into G1 on PSN today. Needed 36 wins, got 22. 23 was lagger from hell and lag got me. Oh well, will try to get other 16 in before Tekken patch.

XenoRaven

Finally got a chance to sit down and do Chun-Li's final hard trial. Thanks to all who helped out. It would have taken me a lot longer to get the timing down without your advice.

If someone finds a good SF4 PC deal I am unaware of please PM me!
Does this mean you no longer have the 360 version? I was looking forward to playing you. D=

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Grifter said:
GGs tonight! You have a lot of really good alts, makes me want to up my time with the game and get some alts up there to challenge them. :lol

You also have the best Viper I know so I love to get those games in cuz nobody here plays her. Gotta grind a bit before NEC with MW2 distracting me.

Eh, actually the only character I'm that good with besides Viper is Cammy. I'm working on Ryu, Sagat and a couple other popular characters just so I have experience being inside their heads when I'm playing against them, but when I sit down and have a long SF4 session I get bored with them pretty quickly and go back to characters I think are more fun. Gen was my original main when the game first came out, and I still think he's decently fun and stuff, but he ended up a lot more one-dimensional than I thought he would so my Gen is pretty assy these days. You destroyed me pretty thoroughly when I tried to whip him out last night.

But yeah, whenever you want some Viper action hit me up.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
God damn it. played some player matches with this dude earlier today and he was playing keep away fireball spamming (ken/sagat), so I played vega, got a life lead and backflipped over all his fireballs full screen. I did this every round for five games! What was his response? To taunt a little in between the fireballs and sometimes try to mess me up with a slow fireball.

-_-

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Brobzoid said:
God damn it. played some player matches with this dude earlier today and he was playing keep away fireball spamming (ken/sagat), so I played vega, got a life lead and backflipped over all his fireballs full screen. I did this every round for five games! What was his response? To taunt a little in between the fireballs and sometimes try to mess me up with a slow fireball.

-_-
:lol Sounds like he was willing to let you practice your flips! Good show!

MIMIC

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
LP version does one hit I think.

I didn't even think that he HAD a 1-hit red fireball. Out of all of the Akumas that I've played, I've NEVER had one throw the LP version at me :lol I went to training mode just to see what it looks like again =p

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XenoRaven said:
Does this mean you no longer have the 360 version? I was looking forward to playing you. D=

Nah I have it, I just want to broaden my horizons and take revenge on Hito.

qcf x2

MIMIC said:
I didn't even think that he HAD a 1-hit red fireball. Out of all of the Akumas that I've played, I've NEVER had one throw the LP version at me :lol I went to training mode just to see what it looks like again =p

That's funny...as a Rose player it took me months to realize that she could reflect those. I never even attempted it until I saw it done in someone else's match. :lol

Wizpig

This is frustrating, I'll ask you guys help.
Any tips for...

Chun-Li [me] vs. Blanka
Chun-Li vs. Sagat
Chun-Li vs. Zangief

?

Blanka are usually spammers of the worst kind and they run away all the time.
Sagat are usually fireball spammers and when you get close... tiger knee.
Zangief are ooooriaaahh [Lariat].

I'm trying to get better as a SF4 player, but usually these matches are just a waste of time and there's nothing I can seem to do.

Wizpig

RS4- said:
Chun s.rh, s.fp, neutral jump rh vs Gief :lol
35926063.jpg

In English?
i'm a noob :)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Chun cleans floor with Zangief. Same with Vega. Blanka is a different story though, since she can't ultra him thanks to the lag.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wizpig said:
This is frustrating, I'll ask you guys help.
Any tips for...

Chun-Li [me] vs. Blanka
Um, don't have much experience with this matchup myself, but blanka balls are all ultra-punishable.
Chun-Li vs. Sagat
Sagat has a long recovery after a fireball so if somebody is tiger shot spamming you can usually jump in.
Chun-Li vs. Zangief
This match is easier the more Zangief does lariat, because you can j HP, HP on top of it, put in a combo, then get out. Furthermore, you can ultra-punish the lariat after it starts. c HK also works.

Threi

notag
another day, another losing streak.

This time in randoms, and against a runaway air fireball spamming Akuma.

execution got worse too, didn't think that was possible.

*edit* and now grifter.

I hate playing against run away akumas. Oh I made a mistake trying to get you and you knocked me down? Oh sweet, Akuma vortex, there goes half my life, hey, I'm dizzy! Oh, now you're running away again?!? FML

Threi

notag
FindMyFarms said:
I hate playing against run away akumas. Oh I made a mistake trying to get you and you knocked me down? Oh sweet, Akuma vortex, there goes half my life, hey, I'm dizzy! Oh, now you're running away again?!? FML
The akuma i played didn't know the vortex.

He did jump in air fireball every time.

Spiderjericho said:
I had a bit of a losing streak today too. Between my execution and Dan, I was getting pounded. GGs to Yjoon, you beat me pretty bad.

Yjooncho isn't actually a gaffer, he's a buddy of mine from Houston haha.

TurtleSnatcher said:
I need a good combo after a cross up MK though.. something ez to link..

cr. short, cr. jab, shoryuken is pretty easy. Different though cuz you're actually linking the SRK after the jab instead of cancelling, but it's a 3 frame so it's not too bad. And after you do it you can point and laugh at the other player.

TurtleSnatcher said:
My ryu is starting to get a shit ton better.. I'm proud. 3 days of work does a lot

I need a good combo after a cross up MK though.. something ez to link..

Just stick with the BNB stuff. Hit confirm with cr. LK, LP or just two jabs and finish with a SRK. But if you have your links down pretty good then do LK, LP, MP/HP/MK into Tatsu or SRK. Be careful though, unless you have the range down correctly on your cross up, the MP/HP will whiff. I just stick with the easy stuff since I fail to finish the fancier combos most of the time.

wtfz..

both sound hard. I have issues even getting srks after a normal.. cant get the motion right half the time..

but man I sure can get a SRK after I do a cr. MK when i don't want it :lol

jerks.. giving me hard stuff

What i've been doing is cross up mk.. then cr. FP then tatsu lawlz...

Threi

notag
played a couple more matches, ran into people that got fed up of my sucking, picked bison, kicked my ass with him, and then kicked me. :lol

I'm pretty sure thats a sign that I should quit this game now.

FindMyFarms said:
Yjooncho isn't actually a gaffer, he's a buddy of mine from Houston haha.

Well, I've played him before. And today when I played him, it was like night and day. He was FADCing, mixups, FAs and was brutalizing me with Sagat, Boxer, Ryu, etc.

I really need to play more. I realize you have to play to the strengths of characters, but my knowledge of matchups, the mixups and footsies plus execution on a stick are hurting me.

I wish Marines played SF (not to say they don't), but most of the dudes I know play Modern Warfare or Halo.

YJoonCho is my old Monster Hunter buddy :lol You are lucky he didn't unleash his Chun. He plays at half speed for me and uses me as a combo exhibition punching bag. I am trying to get him to join GAF.

I also wish my coworkers play SF or at least someone near me did. But having a job, a wife and a kid just allows me a couple of hours a night on a game I am terrible at.

I really want to learn how to FADC to ultra..... I feel that input mocking me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Always go for the most damaging stuff. I'd prefer a crouching mp, crouching fp, into ex tatsu assuming the initial crossup is a successful hit. Sorta like what I did in Maj's combo video.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Solune: During our matches it dawned on me that I've been habitually neglecting one of the most basic and simple things that is also absolutely important to my character: position and spacing. :(

Then started to feel stupid rather than frustrated how I can lose a huge chunk of my life with a single antipoke.

Solune

MiniBossBattle said:
YJoonCho is my old Monster Hunter buddy :lol You are lucky he didn't unleash his Chun. He plays at half speed for me and uses me as a combo exhibition punching bag. I am trying to get him to join GAF.

I also wish my coworkers play SF or at least someone near me did. But having a job, a wife and a kid just allows me a couple of hours a night on a game I am terrible at.

I really want to learn how to FADC to ultra..... I feel that input mocking me.

Time to hit the training room with Ryu!
Believe me alot of my play time is spent in that hyperbolic time chamber.
I think that once anyones got Ryu's FADC ultra down everything else comes together.

Solune

Hitokage said:
Solune: During our matches it dawned on me that I've been habitually neglecting one of the most basic and simple things that is also absolutely important to my character: position and spacing. :(

Then started to feel stupid rather than frustrated how I can lose a huge chunk of my life with a single antipoke.

Well I felt that was the case at the beginning of our matches but mid game you had your game going and had me locked down alot of the time.
I think a good comparison is, when you were using Ryu for the first match, it seemed like you had your Chun mindset on while playing him, defensively and you kind of lacked movement. But then the second match you were in control and more aggressive.

Also your Chun makes me play my characters differently because those damn pokes and AA make me play patiently where as usually i like to be super aggressive.
Not to mention alot of our fights ended up me having to come back and win(why is this the case when I fight gaffers).

LowParry

Threi said:
played a couple more matches, ran into people that got fed up of my sucking, picked bison, kicked my ass with him, and then kicked me. :lol

I'm pretty sure thats a sign that I should quit this game now.

:lol I'm just getting back into the game. I get the beat down every time but it's the only way I can learn the match ups with characters. But I'm just sticking with two characters overall.

Rektash

Jesus Christ, I just got ultra reversaled by a Ryu. He reversaled out of my jab blockstring and hit me with the full ultra (Balrog player). Yesterday I got ultra reversaled by a Gief on straight dash punch block. Seriously, pls fix the broken reversals online, its just not funny (and only abusable by qcf characters which is quite unfair imo). I really hope this will be adressed in SSF IV, otherwise online will just stay as shitty as it is now. RAAGGGEEEEE!

V_Arnold

Rektash said:
Jesus Christ, I just got ultra reversaled by a Ryu. He reversaled out of my jab blockstring and hit me with the full ultra (Balrog player). Yesterday I got ultra reversaled by a Gief on straight dash punch block. Seriously, pls fix the broken reversals online, its just not funny (and only abusable by qcf characters which is quite unfair imo). I really hope this will be adressed in SSF IV, otherwise online will just stay as shitty as it is now. RAAGGGEEEEE!

Uhm...... shitty?
Mkay. Go play some KOFXII and come back.
But really.

Top Bottom