• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Dizzy-4U said:
I'm watching the stream from ustream right now. Is that from early today or are they still playing?

Still playing. Team tournament is over, these are singles.

Edit: Nvm, guess these are randoms atm.

Dizzy-4U

Ysiadmihi said:
Still playing. Team tournament is over, these are singles.

Edit: Nvm, guess these are randoms atm.
Main event is over then, right? Or are we expecting more Sanford/Combofiend/etc goodness?

:(

I missed the last matches on both streams to go watch that sorry Ultimate Fighter Finale.

Wow, that Fanatiq guy won $47 in MVC2. That is crazy. Could one of the Texas pimps post the top 8 at Absolute. I saw Find in there. I want to know how my boy did.

As far as the streaming goes, I think it's great period. Haunts and crew were the real trendsetters, as far as SFIV goes (Keystone Light). But Gootecks/So Cal have definitely started to catch on. The East seemed to be the last to jump on the fad.

I think Nor Cal Regionals and the L.A. Riots are the flag bearers right now from the perspective of quality. Gootecks is definitely trying to bring an air of professionalism to the streams.

Seb and FADC are definitely the work horses right now though. And with the East Coast talent, Yipes for occasional commentary, Seb for straight man and Hu for color and insight, they've definitely captured my interest.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
SnowWolf said:
Based on your posts in the past couple pages, I'm going to give you a free pass and assume that you haven't watched the LA Riots invitational tournament, which was held TODAY in Los Angeles. As far as I know, this was the first U.S. SF4 tournament broadcasted from a genuine professional production facility. And the quality shows, not just in terms of actual technical streaming video quality, but overall production values.

Two of the things I care the least about :p

Any videos of this?

I haven't been playing Street Fighter IV with any regularity, so my play is uneven at best, going up against people who clearly are is kind of frustrating. I lost every match I played tonight. Some were fun, close matches, others not so much. I couldn't punish the obvious stuff and got absolutely wrecked in quite a few matches.

One thing was nice, didn't encounter any Ken's for the first time in forever. A Sagat, a Ryu, a Seth (my first, and what an asshole this guy was), an Abel and a Vega. I didn't even know how to match up against a Vega. I had no idea of what to expect.

Ledsen

Kadey said:
One handed cast guy using Chun on a pad plays her better than most I've seen. There's a lot of good stuff going on there.

That has to be MagnetoManiac, he broke his... hand ? I think, a short while ago. Hes one of the best Chuns in NA and only plays on a pad right now because of the cast :lol

Kajiba

SnowWolf said:
6p714i.gif
Mock button mashing

:lol :lol :lol That gif had me dieing. I wanted to see that event so bad but had to go to work.

Are the matches going to be uploaded somewhere else? That'll be nice if it is.

FADC is on. They're just running casuals at the moment.

I'm having problems watching it.

And the L.A. Riots are going to be uploaded to bitorrent. I also think I heard the host say it might be recorded on justin.tv

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Yeah, the recording is already up on justin.tv. I take back what I said about SoCal tourneys not being recorded; all these ustream and justin streams are automatically archived. I didn't know about this because finding them is not intuitive (I didn't know the sites chop up the recordings into 5 minute bursts and you can click on arrow buttons to see the entire event)

I don't think so. You can check on FADC a few days from now, and it should be posted.

It seems like Gootecks has fallen off the SF planet. He says he hasn't been playing. His boxer doesn't seem as crisp as Crackfiend, Eduardo Perez or Kino's.

Not to mention he hasn't been producing SF Podcasts.

Threi

notag
Ledsen said:
That has to be MagnetoManiac, he broke his... hand ? I think, a short while ago. Hes one of the best Chuns in NA and only plays on a pad right now because of the cast :lol
Doesn't Shizza play on a pad as well? And is also awesome? :lol

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
I've been meaning to write this for a long time but never had enough time to look through enough footage to find examples.

Street Fighter Footsies Handbook, Chapter 1

Nobody really talks about footsies in concrete terms so i'm trying to change that, because the ground game is still the most important aspect of Street Fighter. This stuff usually takes years to learn. I'll try to write more of these whenever i can. I hope you guys find it useful.

Spiderjericho said:
:(

I missed the last matches on both streams to go watch that sorry Ultimate Fighter Finale.

Wow, that Fanatiq guy won $47 in MVC2. That is crazy. Could one of the Texas pimps post the top 8 at Absolute. I saw Find in there. I want to know how my boy did.

Fanatiq won 47,000 actually, not 47 haha. I made top 8(losers), but then lost $210 on the MvC2 match, got on tilt, then lost a bunch of MM's, and then lost in the opening round of the team tourney. Pretty ugly.

Toan was up 14-11, then some how fanatiq pulled out 4 wins in a row, it was stupid. The whole room was packed (and it was a huge room) and the noise level was through the roof. After fanatiq won, it was just complete silence except for Hevad Khan yelling in joy. We were all pretty crushed. I'll post vids when they come up.

I'm heading out to the top 8 finals now.

Sorry about the lack of stream, AT&T pulled out in the last moment.

Majestros said:
I've been meaning to write this for a long time but never had enough time to look through enough footage to find examples.

Street Fighter Footsies Handbook, Chapter 1

Nobody really talks about footsies in concrete terms so i'm trying to change that, because the ground game is still the most important aspect of Street Fighter. This stuff usually takes years to learn. I'll try to write more of these whenever i can. I hope you guys find it useful.

Good stuff in here Maj, I like to see the video examples you've got there too. Definitely makes it more concrete and it wins you matches. I have very little to none :/

And GL to FMF, like spiderjericho said, we got your back. get emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
MMaRsu said:
Wow this thread almost has 2 million views :eek:

I JUST came in to say that, wow man... :lol

And it sucks that I missed the two tourneys last night, I was out all night...

Bob Loblaw said:
You can see the entire event!

http://en.justin.tv/thestreamdottv/archive

Click on december 5th and you're right and the start of the event.

I'm watching kai vs CF now. So funny.

I'm going to check if this works in a bit, but I really hope that it becomes standard practice to keep an archive of the stream for peeps that aren't at home...

Ledsen said:

yeah, MagMan is the go-to guy for all things SFIV Chun. His Chun is one of the best! And his chun is even more monstrous when he's on stick 8-0 His viper kicks ass too.

Damn. Because of the stupid chatter in the stream, Seb cut the stream off. They should just turn the feature off. You already know there are going to be idiots who hide behind the anonymity of the internet to act like idiots.

Top Bottom