• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Can we get a link to the stream please. Also, best of luck to FMF and Grifter!
I've had the pleasure of getting dessssstroyed by both.

Mr Jared

Wow. First stream ragequit ever? Classy.

And the chat being garbage is no excuse. Divining the useful information from the endless noise is, as odd as it sounds, a skill. For as much trash as those guys talk, you'd think they'd have thicker skin :)

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Mr Jared said:

And the chat being garbage is no excuse. Divining the useful information from the endless noise is, as odd as it sounds, a skill. For as much trash as those guys talk, you'd think they'd have thicker skin :)

Threi

notag
Mr Jared said:

The stream chat is very easy to ignore, not sure why those guys are having such a problem.

Just pop in every 5-10 mins to ask the condition of the stream, is it up or down, is the sound synced, and then just leave them alone.

add to that that 90% of chat in the stream isn't serious. Stop taking what they say so seriously.

Right now (and before just about every match...) is a good example of why they really, really, REALLY need to fix the button config options for Super. It takes too long to have to check that your buttons are correct. You should be able to just hit it and be done with it.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Mr Jared said:

I must of missed this :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I can relate to the frustration of working hard on something only to have a bunch of idiots hate on it or otherwise annoy you.

But ultimately, yeah, dude just needs thicker skin. Seb's naive if he didn't expect there to be idiots in the chat.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Seb is actually a cool guy. Not much of a trash talker. But he should have thicker skin.
You can tell something was up with him since he started becoming irritated last night. Judging from his comments, it's a combination of the screwed up brackets, being hungry and people acting stupid in the chat.

It's the internet, so it's expected. It wasn't any different from typical fighting streams as of late. It's not like they were talking directly to Seb anyway, it's just typical mindless chatter.
He could learn a thing or two from Gootecks. Gootecks is a prime example of someone who gets way too much crap but manages to brush it all off.

Watching the stream now, I think he finally mellowed out.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Oh shit Sanford's getting worked.

Edit: K. not any more. Fuck, that Akuma should have did Super Demon instead of Ultra. Would have won, I think.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oh, Marn has the best Viper at the moment. He beat Fresh Ma choi in a close match yesterday. They are actually pretty even it seems but Marn won because Flash messed up on an Ultra.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It looks like Chris Hu has leveled up a whole lot since the last time I saw him. He's really making work of his opponents.

I really want to see him against an also leveled up Valle.

hitsugi

hikarutilmitt said:
It seems like once the Akuma loop was "found" and all the easy high damage options came around people jumped ship to him.

just people trying to bandwagon as usual.. but it's not like any of this will matter in 3 months.

Grifter

I'm out. Lost to Sanford in some close matches where I'd have him close and my nerves got the better of me. Thanks to Lost Fragment for the Viper practice there.

Then I lost to a Gen. By the time I remembered what wasn't safe on him, it was too late.

Learned a lot tho! Now we're off for cheesesteaks!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Grifter said:
I'm out. Lost to Sanford in some close matches where I'd have him close and my nerves got the better of me. Thanks to Lost Fragment for the Viper practice there.

Then I lost to a Gen. By the time I remembered what wasn't safe on him, it was too late.

Go to Jim's! Actually try all three major ones (Genos, Jims and Pats) and tell me how you like them.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Grifter said:

Sanford used Viper against you?

And no prob. I should've hit you up again a couple days before NEC when I saw you on.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
48,510 Replies

I wasn't sure i'd ever see a Street Fighter game this popular again. Good work boys (and girl).

DryEyeRelief said:
:lol They should have some blind pick system

At least online for SSFIV we'll be getting that, but for a tournament where you're sitting right next to the person it's not going to happen. It doesn't even happen on networked single player cabinets in the arcade. :lol

nixon

Neo Member
I'm watching the la riots video from yesterday and they mention timer scam? What is that?

Edit: Never mind its an ultra to kill time at the end.

Grifter

My friend can't find his TE. :(

He was in a room with Justin this morning and Justin was hosting money matches In Magical Drop 2. He gave some dude a 7 sec. head start and crushed him. :lol :lol

Buktooth - 1st
FindMyFarms - 2nd
Jan - 3rd
2DTony - 4th

Taken from SRK, courtesy of Turtlesnatcher.

Great job Find. You're a beast. Maybe you can do Final Round or Devastation 2010. When you get a chance, let us know about your experience. And I'm guessing you picked Boxer.

And can't believe Sanford. Expert at so many characters but a master of none.

I actually like the Seb/Skisonic/Chris Hu/Yipes commentary. Seb and Ski are pretty straight play-by-play commentators. Chris Hu is a mix of color and play-by-play. Yipes is straight Grape Now Laters.

Random:
After having the game since the first day it came out, I unlocked Seth. Watching the benchmark had me hyped!! El Fuerte at the end of story mode with Seth was a breeze. :lol :lol

Top Bottom