• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Arzehn

Screw the combofiend haters, he's awesome and always keeps it cool.

Congrats to him on the LA Riots win. Well deserved.

PS: Kai is a dick. :lol

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Kadey said:
He probably means organization rather than quality of the stream itself.

Exactly. The video and audio quality is fine on the west coast ones, but the presentation and pacing is very poor. I always end up muting the commentary because half the time they're not even talking about the match and when they are they do a terrible job of it.

Absolute Battle Update

SF4 Pools finished

Top 8 below

Winners of SF4 pool
2D Tony
Buktooth
Jewelman
Jan

Losers Sf4 Pool
Vegita X
JW
Spin4U
FindMyFarms (Adnan)

These are the Top 8

Big 50K money match with TotalToanage starts in 30 mins.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:
Absolute Battle Update

SF4 Pools finished

Top 8 below

Winners of SF4 pool
2D Tony
Buktooth
Jewelman
Jan

Losers Sf4 Pool
Vegita X
JW
Spin4U
FindMyFarms (Adnan)

These are the Top 8

Big 50K money match with TotalToanage starts in 30 mins.

50K???
Is there a stream for this???

Mr Jared

Ysiadmihi said:
Exactly. The video and audio quality is fine on the west coast ones, but the presentation and pacing is very poor. I always end up muting the commentary because half the time they're not even talking about the match and when they are they do a terrible job of it.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Sorry, but you didn't watch NCR finals. You're excused.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Mr Jared said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Sorry, but you didn't watch NCR finals. You're excused.

I did. I gave up listening to it very quickly :lol

Also I'm glad they're not just using Japanese voices on the FADC stream today. Just complained about that last night too :lol

Mr Jared

Ysiadmihi said:

Okay, so actual production and dissecting match-ups with S-Kill and Magus > Bad capture and a slow fobby guy shouting MORTONSMORTONSMORTONS with dashes of "fuck" inbetween.

You're right, East Coast is awesome. We'll try harder next time.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Mr Jared said:
Okay, so actual production and dissecting match-ups with S-Kill and Magus > Bad capture and a slow fobby guy shouting MORTONSMORTONSMORTONS with dashes of "fuck" inbetween.

You're right, East Coast is awesome. We'll try harder next time.

gaf_av_kenhd.gif

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ysiadmihi said:

Also I'm glad they're not just using Japanese voices on the FADC stream today. Just complained about that last night too :lol

So basically you dont know the difference between good and bad commentary or even a well produced stream to begin with but you're complaining about it?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
haunts said:
So basically you dont know the difference between good and bad commentary or even a well produced stream to begin with but you're complaining about it?

What's well produced? Throwing in gifs and sound clips every five seconds? Boring, awkward interviews? "OOOOH!" at every single SRK? The two streams I watched this week were like morning zoo radio shows. Sometimes simplicity is better.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
haunts said:
Since we're on the topic of streaming, I'm working on a guide on how to record and stream game footage.

http://forums.iplaywinner.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=72

Still a work in progress.

LA Riots stream is pretty good but I wonder why they are using a cam and not direct feed..
Wow, thats a lot of work and equipments.
Mad props to you guys!

Ysiadmihi said:
What's well produced? Throwing in gifs and sound clips every five seconds? Boring, awkward interviews? "OOOOH!" at every single SRK? The two streams I watched this week were like morning zoo radio shows. Sometimes simplicity is better.
Check the above link, its a lot of work. Everyone has his own tastes, but SKill and Magus did a wonderful job in the last stream.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Fersis said:
Check the above link, its a lot of work. Everyone has his own tastes, but SKill and Magus did a wonderful job in the last stream.

I really don't care too much about the actual quality of the stream or the editing tbh. I don't think that makes it enjoyable to watch and listen to if the commentary isn't up to par or the event is completely disorganized (see last night's stream).

By the way I'm not saying SKill isn't good at commentary. I probably muted NCR before I heard him on there because I couldn't stand the rest of it :lol

Ysiadmihi said:

You're free to have your own opinion, but from my POV, it just seems like you saw the two socal streams and are lumping NCR with it, since a lot of those complaints were for those two streams this week.

Well, if you only look at streams for their commentary...
I didn't see much of NCR (I didn't even see these suggested finals for SF4, just CVS2), and for someone who hasn't touched the game, I thought the commentary was as technical as amusing as the EC streams. It was really good having Magus on the deck.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
You're free to have your own opinion, but from my POV, it just seems like you saw the two socal streams and are lumping NCR with it, since a lot of those complaints were for those two streams this week.

Well you may be right on that. I don't remember exactly why I stopped listening to the audio of the NCR one but it wasn't just "fuck these guys, EAST COAST BABY!" :lol

I'll have to go back and watch it sometime if I can find the videos. Doesn't change the complaints for the majority of the west coast streams I see though : /

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Kadey said:
It's definitely SFIV. Streams are at their peak when SFIV is on. Also the personalities and stuff makes it worth watching.

Chris Hu going buckwild. :lol
im not gunna lie, i think im watching these more for the people more than the game now.

did anyone else see valle's speech? that was cool. i think that really is the trick to becoming the best at anything.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Ysiadmihi said:

Based on your posts in the past couple pages, I'm going to give you a free pass and assume that you haven't watched the LA Riots invitational tournament, which was held TODAY in Los Angeles. As far as I know, this was the first U.S. SF4 tournament broadcasted from a genuine professional production facility. And the quality shows, not just in terms of actual technical streaming video quality, but overall production values. The fact that it has set a new benchmark for streaming is indisputable, I dare anybody to challenge this. They had one small mistake and that was not having player name overlays during the fights, but that is easily correctable for the future. The work that haunts, FADC, etc. do is admirable, but they just don't have the resources of a professional studio.

Anyway, some Combofiend/Kai gifs I made. If they take too long to load, I'll remove the img tags. About 0.6 MB each.

No love lost between Combofiend and Kai

2wqzipc.gif
Salute before the match

vr3k8p.gif
Perfected

6p714i.gif
Mock button mashing

http://i48.tinypic.com/1yphy.gif (Combofiend waving Kai off, not that good)

MIMIC

Banned
SnowWolf said:
Based on your posts in the past couple pages, I'm going to give you a free pass and assume that you haven't watched the LA Riots invitational tournament, which was held TODAY in Los Angeles. As far as I know, this was the first U.S. SF4 tournament broadcasted from a genuine professional production facility. And the quality shows, not just in terms of actual technical streaming video quality, but overall production values. The fact that it has set a new benchmark for streaming is indisputable, I dare anybody to challenge this. They had one small mistake and that was not having player name overlays during the fights, but that is easily correctable for the future. The work that haunts, FADC, etc. do is admirable, but they just don't have the resources of a professional studio.

Anyway, some Combofiend/Kai gifs I made. If they take too long to load, I'll remove the img tags. About 0.6 MB each.

No love lost between Combofiend and Kai

*Salute before the match*

*Perfected*

*Mock button mashing*

http://i48.tinypic.com/1yphy.gif (Combofiend waving Kai off, not that good)

:lol @ those images. I particularly like the button mashing one. I mock my brother the same way when we play each other.

Top Bottom