• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

God damn, Sanford must've been *furious* at the previous loss. He was just purely disrespecting Shine with the way he was playing in the grand finals. The whole room was shitting on that kid, kinda fucked.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I think they were more angry with Shine calling Sanford free after he won their first bout.

qcf x2

Ahhhhhh, I went back to 3s today. And I stayed on it until I stopped trying to use focus attacks and started dominating people. So....good.......now idk if I wanna go back to SF4 :( mabye wait for SSF4? Maybe try to alternate between these two games? It's so nice to play and not roll my eyes / smash things / yell every round.

@ that Sanford/Shine video, okay yes the kid used scrub tactics. But he's 15 yrs old. I think the jokes and borderline disses aren't really appropriate. Even the "congratulations" in that video was with laughter and condescension when one way or another he came in 2nd place ahead of the majority of those guys. Not that I'm surprised at the reaction, the elite are elitists and this is videogames we're talking about...srs business.

Just my two cents.

Arzehn

Teknopathetic said:
"I think they were more angry with Shine calling Sanford free after he won their first bout."

Oh did he?

1000% earned that spite, then.
I donno, that was pretty brutal... when people are on your ass like that it's hard to concentrate.

He left there in a hurry, I don't think he'll come back. :\

Nah, if he seriously called a proven top US fighting game player free after winning a match on him, no sympathy. Turnabout is fair play. Even though it wasn't Sanford himself saying it, when you take that attitude, it's going to come back on you from whomever.

qcf x2

1. That's not turnabout. Turnabout would be Sanford calling him "free" and that would be it.

2. Is there proof that he even said that?

3. He's a kid and a new face. They should embrace him and tell him where he erred instead of gang-raping him, pardon the hyperbole.

(unrelated) Lol @ the tremendous insults exclusive to fighting games. Oh no, free! What you say about my momma?

"1. That's not turnabout. Turnabout would be Sanford calling him "free" and that would be it.

2. Is there are proof that he even said that?

3. He's a kid and a new face. They should embrace him and tell him where he erred instead of gang-raping him, pardon the hyperbole."

1. Not at all. You can't have that attitude and expect it not to come back and bite you in the ass (unless you can consistently back it up, though it's still asshole-ish then)

2. No, that's why I've been saying "if," as I can't be bothered to look.

3. Personally, I can't really sympathize when people who talk trash get it thrown back in their face and get upset.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Kids will be kids. I don't think he was even all that serious when he said it. He knows Sanford could destroy him at the top of his game. It's just one of those "talk shit while you can" routine. A lot of people do it.

ArjanN

Ysiadmihi said:
Will ya? I should have known to boot him from the lobby when I saw his name :lol

Fought that guy a couple of times. Beat him up with Dan.

Had a couple of ragequitters today, guess I'm still getting better. :p

Kadey said:
Kids will be kids. I don't think he was even all that serious when he said it. He knows Sanford could destroy him at the top of his game. It's just one of those "talk shit while you can" routine. A lot of people do it.

Yeah, pretty obvious he said it in an ironic sort of way.

People gonna talk shit regardless of if you're a kid, girl etc. 15's old enough to take the heat.

edit - I don't see how the room was shitting on the kid? When they panned to rahsaan if anything he was talking about how Sagat is OP, and when they interviewed Andre he was sharing the same sentiment. Chris Hu prematurely said Sanford was the winner because well, he was going to win lol. After the match they even gave props to the kids Gouken.

I recall Seb saying Shine calling Sanford free. TBH, I wouldn't say that to one of the best players on the East Coast for like a decade.

And they were kind of condescending/sarcastic. And it didn't seem like they were cognizant of the fact he's 15.

Sagat SMH. I hope he drops a couple of notches. Rufus too. Zangief is fine with that health.

Threi

notag
FindMyFarms said:
After the match they even gave props to the kids Gouken.
I don't know how it actually went down, but from what I saw Rashaan and that dude beside him were definitely being condescending. Andre didn't seem to give a shit either way.

Threi said:
I don't know how it actually went down, but from what I saw Rashaan and that dude beside him were definitely being condescending. Andre didn't seem to give a shit either way.

uh, no? After the match rahsaan says, "good shit, you got 2nd", triforce interviews andre asking how he thought hte kid did since he did better than the shit talkers (but andre doesn't reply, just hates on sagat), then the albino lookin dude says he has a nice gouken.

I'm seriously confused *_*

Threi

notag
FindMyFarms said:
uh, no? After the match rahsaan says, "good shit, you got 2nd", triforce interviews andre asking how he thought hte kid did since he did better than the shit talkers (but andre doesn't reply, just hates on sagat), then the albino lookin dude says he has a nice gouken.

I'm seriously confused *_*
he says that trying to stifle a laugh, which bursts out when he looks at the camera.

anyways what they said isn't the problem here, its what actually went down between Shine and Sanford.

Threi said:
he says that trying to stifle a laugh, which bursts out when he looks at the camera.

anyways what they said isn't the problem here, its what actually went down between Shine and Sanford.

You're just reachin man lol, Rahsaan's just a laid back goofy guy like that, he wasn't laughin at shine, he laughed after takin a quick look at Andre cuz he was so salty from sagat lol.

Either way, even with their perceived hate, no one hated on Shine more than I did lol.

ReiGun said:
ReiGun16.
GGs.

I went 20-3 ! Yay

But your Chun is pretty good.. Just gotta work on your cross up defense and timing that EX Legs right.

BTW - Your Akuma.. If you cant do standing HK link then dont try in a game.. I super/ultra'd you a few times to punish the frames you were missing ;p

I wish I knew how to use Cammy :( And.. Vega sucks so many balls in this game.. argh.

DR2K

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
My new main T_T

Is he near top tier too? I KEEEEED.

Seriously when can I get my avatar back, the coloration on this Rufus avatar is making me a little queezy. It's X-Mas eve!

DR2K said:
Is he near top tier too? I KEEEEED.

Seriously when can I get my avatar back, the coloration on this Rufus avatar is making me a little queezy. It's X-Mas eve!

You and me, ft10, bar fight, sometime in late january, maybe february.

I not scared, you not scared. Let's do this.

Winner gets to live, loser must commit seppuku on video and upload it so we know it's real.

DR2K

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
You and me, ft10, bar fight, sometime in late january, maybe february.

I not scared, you not scared. Let's do this.

Winner gets to live, loser must commit seppuku on video and upload it so we know it's real.

Since you're so confident you could probably do it with Vega, so you have to use him.

DR2K said:
Since you're so confident you could probably do it with Vega, so you have to use him.

Well the whole point was to show you why Cammy's near top tier.

But I'm down to play a character of your choice. Vega, you sure?

ReiGun

imtehman said:
gg's reigun

TurtleSnatcher said:
GGs.

I went 20-3 ! Yay

But your Chun is pretty good.. Just gotta work on your cross up defense and timing that EX Legs right.

BTW - Your Akuma.. If you cant do standing HK link then dont try in a game.. I super/ultra'd you a few times to punish the frames you were missing ;p

I wish I knew how to use Cammy :( And.. Vega sucks so many balls in this game.. argh.
GG's guys. 6-1(I think) and 20-3. Wow. :lol It was fun though.

EX Legs....you should have heard me swearing at my controler everytime I messed it. I noticed the punishes with the HK link, but I was too stubbon to stop trying. I'll have to practice Akuma more. Guile too. I suck so bad with Guile. :lol

Great Fuerte play Turtle. I dont get to fight Fuerte's often, so it was a treat.

FindMyFarms said:

Okay. I respect that. But if you no scare, he no scare...play Timekillers!!

DR2K

Banned
FindMyFarms said:

Cammy mirror matches, really, lol? I'm just joking about Vega.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I swear I should buy a plane ticket and go to the West Coast to play some games. Hell, Eduardo does it why can't I :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Back in the day.

2cnw3dx.jpg

Valle had that Rico Suave thing going and Daigo is....Daigo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyGyGUv4KCE

I remember that. That was like toward the end of AltSF2 and beginning of SRK days. People were mad hyped for that. Alex said Daigo's footsies weren't up to par but his execution were god like and the tricks were obviously new to the U.S.

And I remember when Valle and Choi flew to Japan for revenge, only to be thwarted by Japanese sticks (I feel their pain today).

I want to say there's a SF Podcast with Alex explaining the silver age of Cali SF Scene (the golden being when Jeff Schaefer, Alex Watson and Tomo Ohira played).

AZ Greg

BotoxAgent said:
GGs to AZ Greg last night, your Vega is quite awesome :D

Are you Jenova?

If so GGs. Nice Chun, your poke game with her was eating me alive. It was tough playing yours since your style is a little different from Relix's Chun and I had just played a marathon of matches with him the night before. :lol

Your Cammy was pretty solid too. Only thing I think you were missing in the match was more pressure with the TKCS as Vega can't really do anything against quick dive kicks (Fuck You Rufus!).

Also, is there any character that is more boring to fight against than Honda? I'd rather face the endless army of Ryu/Ken. Maybe it's because I play Vega and he has no answer for Honda. :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
AZ Greg said:
Also, is there any character that is more boring to fight against than Honda? I'd rather face the endless army of Ryu/Ken. Maybe it's because I play Vega and he has no answer for Honda. :(

It's funny you mentioned that since out of all our matches, you had a very hard time with my Honda.

About taunting. Instead of doing it. I act like this instead.

97197314.gif

Top Bottom