• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Now PSN has gangstas on it. I ran into a Khmer TRG blah blah blah a bunch of numbers. Khmer for Cambodian of course and TRG for Tiny rascal gang that's been around since I was a teen and they represent gray or something. I don't think I've seen a more staple flowchart Ken. He must have broken the record for most SRKs in a match. That's all he did along with jumping rh.

I let him win because I was too busy laughing at the whole gangsta thing. :lol

ArjanN

Rice-Eater said:
Speaking of random, I played this flowchart Ken on the PC today, but this guy is like the best flowchart Ken I've ever faced. The guy was slamming SRK motions like a nutcase, but only in certain situations. It was like he was a flowchart, but he was kind of smart about it. Whenever I jumped over him when he did a F+MK, I immediately got hit by a SRK before I landed. He kept spamming overheads, but somehow he was psychic enough to DP my pokes. And I got hit a number of times by a EX SRK/HP SRK after a whiff LP SRK because I thought I had enough time to sweep or throw him.

I beat him 5-1, but so many rounds were close. If it wasn't for the fact that he can't block cross ups, I think he would have won more. This guy was nuts, with his DP spam. He spammed DP's, but he was smart enough to not make it a pattern so that I could get easy punishes. I got plenty of them in, but not as much as you would think when you hear "flowchart Ken". He finally beat me in the 5th match and I decide to pick Ken and had probably my most convincing victory in the 6th match. Then the guy never came back. Good stuff, I would love to play him again :lol

If it really is random then he'll still lose out eventually. This is basically what I call flowchart+. DPs all the time, but they mix it up juuust enough with some other stuff that occasionally they fake you out.

As long as you're ready with a combo that starts with a fast move you can punish LP SRK spam pretty well.

Threi

notag
played a really good chun today, poking and backdashing like mad :lol

aaand apparently in my family I am not allowed to FA, use Bison's st.hk, or Rog's headbutt > Ultra anymore because its too cheap.

:(

AZ Greg

Sorry about ignoring your invites Timedog, was playing with a friend. I'm on the dashboard right now, but if you want to play just send an invite.

Threi said:
played a really good chun today, poking and backdashing like mad :lol

aaand apparently in my family I am not allowed to FA, use Bison's st.hk, or Rog's headbutt > Ultra anymore because its too cheap.

:(

Lol are you one of those guys that goes all out on people that don't play the game

ReiGun

Man my execution is all kinds of crap today. :lol I've never had as many problems doing cr. short > EX legs as I had in my matches today.

Also starting playing around with Akuma lately. He's fun, but man I cant do quarter circle/srk motion combos for shit. Training mode, ho!

Threi

notag
FindMyFarms said:
Lol are you one of those guys that goes all out on people that don't play the game
what? my cousin plays the game religiously, more than me :lol

he just...sucks.

It is pretty funny though how he complains about cheap tactics and moves when he mains Ryu though.

Threi said:
what? my cousin plays the game religiously, more than me :lol

he just...sucks.

It is pretty funny though how he complains about cheap tactics and moves when he mains Ryu though.

OH ok, saying "family" made it sound like you were playing your mom and lil sis or something haha.

But if he tells you you can't do certain moves, it's only fair that you do the same to him, or else he's playing cheap!

Just caught up to the last few pages.

Daigo using Sagat. Damn. He doesn't look Mago solid, but I'm sure he'll probably be beating Mago in Sagat mirror matches pretty soon. He's that good...

Sako's Cammy is insane. I tried finding info on him, and it doesn't seem like he plays in arcades very much and is not part of that Tokyo Mago/Daigo/Kindevu/Ohnuki/etc scene.

I watched the Jeff Schaefer interview last Friday. It was very fascinating. I remember reading about Watson and Tomo in Gamepro back in 1993. Also peep the Tomo interview from Evo. It's also interesting to get his opinion on the different games. It seems like Hyper was the series high note for him (I heart that game too).

And what were the results of Turtle vs. Time Dog?

Threi

notag
FindMyFarms said:
OH ok, saying "family" made it sound like you were playing your mom and lil sis or something haha.

But if he tells you you can't do certain moves, it's only fair that you do the same to him, or else he's playing cheap!
Him: "Bison is so cheap, you always use that damn foot whenever I try to jump in or do anything ARRRRGH" *insert generic rage here*

Me: "It's his only useful anti-air" (well actually cr.hp is too but he doesn't know that) "Besides you shoryuken everytime I jump in...into ultra"

that usually shuts him up. But today hes like "Don't use Bison" so I whooped his ass with Rog instead :lol

HP headbutt of course has huge horizontal reach and goes through fireballs, so I caught him several times with it into ultra, he now thinks it needs a nerf in SSF4 and Bison and Rog are overpowered.

while using Ryu.

I know hes half-joking about it but its amusing nontheless.

for the record i think he's better than timedog

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Timedog vs. Turtlesnatcher - First to 10:

So me and Turtle just did our first to 10. I played soooooo bad the first like 6-7 games. I think in an early match he perfected me on 1 knockdown with Fuerte's wake up hijinks. Then I started to play better as far zoning, but my execution/reaction time is really really bad when i'm nervous I guess or it could be from being hungover but I think it was just nerves, cause I wasn't able to do 3 hit jump in combos, and I missed cr. mk into fireball a ton, also missed ultra a few times early in the match. He got a couple perfects on me. I got a single perfect on him. It was tied up 9-9 with us picking ryu and fuerte the whole time, then he picks his Gen and fucks me up the last match.

10-9 Turtlesnatcher wins! I'm still claiming you haven't destroyed me though!

Oh yeah, and I have them recorded. I'm a bit embarassed by my execution, especially in the earlier matches, but I'll still edit and upload them if anyone cares.

black_vegeta said:
Timedov, please you were fucking around when we just played? I expected more from you...

hahaha, I was laying in bed with the stick on my stomach. Didn't you notice the 18 jumping mp's that weren't even close to you, and dp after dp after dp?

Actually in the second and final match we had where I played as Ryu I was being serious, but still laying down. First match was a complete joke. I was about to sit up, but then you left all of a sudden.

Timedog said:
hahaha, I was laying in bed with the stick on my stomach. Didn't you notice the 18 jumping mp's that weren't even close to you, and dp after dp after dp?

Actually in the second and final match we had where I played as Ryu I was being serious, but still laying down. First match was a complete joke. I was about to sit up, but then you left all of a sudden.
You spamming j.mp is nothing new, that's a part of your game.

I left because I had to figure out why in the he'll my laptop stop seeing infratructure networks. I need a new laptop.

We'll get busy again!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
hm, the last couple days i've decided to 'think more about my spacing,' and the result of this is that i've become completely unable to play street fighter :(

Timedog said:
Timedog vs. Turtlesnatcher - First to 10:

So me and Turtle just did our first to 10. I played soooooo bad the first like 6-7 games. I think in an early match he perfected me on 1 knockdown with Fuerte's wake up hijinks. Then I started to play better as far zoning, but my execution/reaction time is really really bad when i'm nervous I guess or it could be from being hungover but I think it was just nerves, cause I wasn't able to do 3 hit jump in combos, and I missed cr. mk into fireball a ton, also missed ultra a few times early in the match. He got a couple perfects on me. I got a single perfect on him. It was tied up 9-9 with us picking ryu and fuerte the whole time, then he picks his Gen and fucks me up the last match.

10-9 Turtlesnatcher wins! I'm still claiming you haven't destroyed me though!

Oh yeah, and I have them recorded. I'm a bit embarassed by my execution, especially in the earlier matches, but I'll still edit and upload them if anyone cares.

GGs..

Yea the series went like 9 wins me and 5 wins you or something? Then I had the most massive choke job.

I actually wanted to switch to Gen like much earlier because you know the Fuerte match up really well with your Ryu but I think you have no idea what to do agst Gen sometimes.. :p

It was fun though. GGs.

Maybe I destroyed you with Gen?

You recorded? Cool.. Towards the end I started to get so damn impatient lol.. Its what caused me to let you win like 3 wins in a row there towards the end.. Oy was not so pretty. I should have switched to Gen when I hit about 5 wins.. and split it up but I felt a bit bad if I did it that early.

alba

Little is the new Big
Teknopathetic said:
"SF2 The Beginning

Buddy linked me this video, really cool. 8 part series. The last minute or two of part 1 is pretty astounding, when Jeff Schaeffer is saying how Mike Watson would get an auto win if he connected with ONE blocked scissors kick. In this version Bison was the best char by far, but yet Tomo was able to avoid getting hit by a single kick whenever he played Mike.

Pretty cool stuff."

I love hearing about the beginning of competitive Street Fighter. Tomo, especially, since he has that whole aura of legend around him and there's like no tournament footage of him.

Loved to watch all that, thanks for posting it :)

You guys were not supposed to play each other!! What are we going to do for the GAF Bar Fights now?

You guys were the big antagonists besides Find/DR2k.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Spiderjericho said:
You guys were not supposed to play each other!! What are we going to do for the GAF Bar Fights now?

You guys were the big antagonists besides Find/DR2k.

People were just vaguely talking about it, if there was a date or something set I would have waited. Besides, if you get that going I might need some revenge on his Gen!!!!!

Timedog said:
People were just vaguely talking about it, if there was a date or something set I would have waited. Besides, if you get that going I might need some revenge on his Gen!!!!!
Before you left I was gonna ask if you wanted to do a first to 10 with me usin Gen lol..

Timedog said:

Very well. We'll run it back. BTW, good job on the come back.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Teknopathetic said:
I love hearing about the beginning of competitive Street Fighter. Tomo, especially, since he has that whole aura of legend around him and there's like no tournament footage of him.
Haha yeah, and there's so few people who have seen him play and weren't total scrubs back then. Sometimes i wonder if it isn't an elaborate conspiracy that they've been running since the late-90's just to mess with us.

I mean, what are the odds of some kid who played SF2 for ... what? 3-5 years tops? ... Being the most solid player ever?

But they say it like they mean it so i don't know.

RedAssedApe

Banned
SoulFist said:
GGs. I wasn't messing around at all. It was a blast playing with you.

Not even that last match where you were doing those seemingly random kara Tiger Uppercuts? Or were you trying to bait my Dhalsim limbs or something? haha

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Timedog's Ryu rocked me so hard last night that it made my sister in law go into labor.

Also, I've been playing Sakura a lot lately. She's a lot of fun and she has some pretty cool stuff, but damn is she a one-trick pony. It's not that hard to tell which side you have to block as long as you know what she can do and when she can do it and you keep an eye on her movement. She does have some pretty high damage/stun punishes and jump-ins though if you're good with the 1-frame links, but those are a crapshoot online.

Usually I'm good at seeing the silver lining in supposedly low-tier characters, but I don't see a lot in Sakura.

That said, Sabre or someone would probably still murder me.

qcf x2

Lost Fragment said:
Also, I've been playing Sakura a lot lately. She's a lot of fun and she has some pretty cool stuff, but damn is she a one-trick pony.

Usually I'm good at seeing the silver lining in supposedly low-tier characters, but I don't see a lot in Sakura.

I agree with this conclusion and I use her more than any other character these days. It's 99% about the EX tatsu mixup. If you can't get in close with her you're absolutely finished.

If she has a silver lining though, it's her excellent focus attack, the fact she has an (slow) overhead, and the priority of her crouching fierce. Also she has a few spacing options with the air tatsu and that f,d, df + K move. That makes her automatically better than Rose.

I think where Capcom tried but failed with her is the fireballs. If done flawlessly, they can be a decent anti-air (light for jump backs, medium for distance closing jumps and fierce for jump in attacks), and I have to think that's where they were going with it, but it's not anywhere near solid enough to be part of her game. Also her ultra sucks.

What the hell, grifter! You disappear after two games not once, but twice?! I just got back into the game after not playing for 2 months (didn't have a stick to play on, but just got my Xconverter this week). You still think I'm not worthy of your time?! :lol

Grifter

sonicspear64 said:
What the hell, grifter! You disappear after two games not once, but twice?! I just got back into the game after not playing for 2 months (didn't have a stick to play on, but just got my Xconverter this week). You still think I'm not worthy of your time?! :lol
:lol You get my msg? The lag was really spiky and weird, like pauses mid-string. We can try with you hosting.

bumpkin

Grifter said:
:lol You get my msg? The lag was really spiky and weird, like pauses mid-string. We can try with you hosting.
Man, I don't think we've *ever* played SFIV against each other. I find that I have this habit of being online either when it's not convenient for me to play or when you (or other friends) aren't. :lol

It'd be funnier to just say I'm hiding from you though.

I ran into Grifter in Champ mode.. and lost ! I almost had the first round..

Fucking didnt mean to choose gen and i scrolled down to far and just mashed my buttons lol.. Thankfully I know Gen

Oh well.. Half my inputs never came out =[ I was fucking supering those air fireballs.. stupid game!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Ugh. Just had my ugliest matches ever. Just nothing but Akuma/Sagat/Blankas grinding things to a halt.

Made me want to just play HDR isntead.

Hopefully Super fixes some of this- especially Blanka, who, while not that good, is insanely boring to play against.

Zapages said:
saw this on youtube: The final of Sanford vs. Shine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FmfiZBgTno

Sanford destroyed him sweet Jesus. The kid did the same thing as before, wake up ultras/tatsus, mash between block strings/combos, difference is sanford wasn't an idiot this time around. Wouldn't have mattered what character he played, but Sagat can punish you like a mofo. Damn though, Sanford fuckin moves around when he plays, swayin his head, slammin the buttons, bobbin and weavin, lol stay still dude!

Also LOL @ Rahsaans commentary.

FindMyFarms said:
Sanford destroyed him sweet Jesus. The kid did the same thing as before, wake up ultras/tatsus, mash between block strings/combos, difference is sanford wasn't an idiot this time around. Wouldn't have mattered what character he played, but Sagat can punish you like a mofo. Damn though, Sanford fuckin moves around when he plays, swayin his head, slammin the buttons, bobbin and weavin, lol stay still dude!

Also LOL @ Rahsaans commentary.

Sagford was putting body language behind that ass beating.

Threi

notag
sorry about bailing out early Grifter, I had to go. The last round we played I was pretty heavily distracted :lol

*edit*

I like in that vid the match is over, they pan to Rashaan, then pan back to the game screen and Shine is dizzy with 5% health left :lol

Grifter

It's cool, I needed to freshen up badly after crawling to my stick following an off-day nap.

FindMyFarms said:
I wanna play Grifter's phat akuma!
It'd be just like my random vids - disappointments!

Turned off that vid, but that external cam can't be doing his style any favors. (Bet it's just like mine.)

bumpkin said:
Man, I don't think we've *ever* played SFIV against each other. I find that I have this habit of being online either when it's not convenient for me to play or when you (or other friends) aren't.

It'd be funnier to just say I'm hiding from you though.
We played once. I switched to an alt and lost, and you decided to leave on a high note, wuss. :lol

Ysiadmihi

Banned
willpwnyaragequit.gif

Will ya? I should have known to boot him from the lobby when I saw his name :lol

Top Bottom