• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 100 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
glad to see all the MMA regulars are still shitting on Brock.

What do you want from the guy? He got a shot too early, it's not his fault.

But he keeps winning. He is doing all he can and will dominate for years to come.

Also, he hit an F5 on a shark.

MrOctober

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Maybe he would've had he won. It doesn't change all the shit he said about Lesnar before the fight. That's why Lesnar was so pissed off. Maybe people just ignored all that crap Mir was saying about him, but from the UFC Countdown to the prefight video, Mir couldn't shut up when it came to talking shit about Lesnar.

He wouldn't have, I've seen Mir win. Again there is a huge difference between pre fight hype and puffing yourself up in the gym while making jokes at your opponent's expensive with your training partners and acting like a 10 year old with no sportsmanship or respect on the sports biggest stage after a fight.

Zeliard

GSP is a beautiful fighter. So incredibly good, and always entertaining to watch. I don't think I've ever seen a boring GSP fight. It probably isn't possible.

dem

Shame that gsp lost to serra.. or he would have a monster winning streak going on right now..

Penn should beat Florian easily.. unless GSP broke him.

smurfx

get some go again
Slizz said:
Penn vs Florian.

who wins? UFC 101
screw it i'm taking florian. i'm tired of always going with the safe pick. i was going to pick coleman over bonnar but i went with the safe pick and took bonnar and he lost!

MrOctober

Banned
abstract alien said:
He's truly a blessing to watch. I can only hope that I will one day amount to a small percent of his talent. I training hard though...Im tryin...

I love the guy, he always seem genuinely sincere in how he fights and what he believes.

I find it mind boggling that you like GSP and his sincere ways and yet still liked Brock and his bullshit.

Slizz

smurfx said:
screw it i'm taking florian. i'm tired of always going with the safe pick. i was going to pick coleman over bonnar but i went with the safe pick and took bonnar and he lost!
lol i couldnt believe the result of the coleman vs. bonnar fight. and that being said, second main event = anderson silva vs. forrest griffin. thats a wtf who do i choose fight

Druz

Tapiozona said:
Let not forget how good Arlovski did in the UFC. That was him, right?

He wasn't doing so bad until he forgot about his glass chin and went in without thinking.

Boogie

StoOgE said:
glad to see all the MMA regulars are still shitting on Brock.

What do you want from the guy? He got a shot too early, it's not his fault.

Speaking personally, I'm shitting on his attitude, not his performance. In fact, I was one of those not complaining about his shot against Couture.

But he keeps winning. He is doing all he can and will dominate for years to come.

Well, that remains to be seen. But tonight, all he showed me was his ability to lay on Mir and punch hard on the ground.

Just asking, because I honestly dont remember fully, but Brock didnt attack Randy after he won did he? If I recall(again, correctly) he touched gloves before the fight and once the round started. I though I remember him saying good things about him and even asked the crowd to give Randy a hand, saying he was a great fighter.

Zeliard

Boogie said:
I'm calling for Florian to nail the upset.

Not sure Penn has learned his lesson from the GSP drubbing.

Penn is really tough to beat at lightweight, though. GSP destroys everybody regardless.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Boogie said:
Speaking personally, I'm shitting on his attitude, not his performance. In fact, I was one of those not complaining about his shot against Couture.

Well, that remains to be seen. But tonight, all he showed me was his ability to lay on Mir and punch hard on the ground.

well, he clearly has a chip on his shoulder. Probably because a lot of people don't think he deserves to be where he is. Maybe he doesn't... but I can see that really getting under the skin of a competitor.

Also, he F5'ed a shark.

Slizz

Duke Togo said:
How about that Sexyama? Man, that guy's punches looked mean. Props to the guy he fought, it was a good match.

to be honest, i didnt think he won that fight at all, 13 unbeaten streak, didnt reflect his performance at the top bread winner in MMA (UFC)

yacobod

Banned
brock beat mir ratherly easily tonight, if the ufc doesnt bring fedor into the ufc, brock will the be the title holder for a long time

gsp beat alves pretty easily, there arent any interesting matches left for gsp left at 170, lets get the match versus anderson at 185 set for this December

man henderson really ktfo bisping today, fuck

belcher vs sexyama could have went either way, w/e

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
izp2fr.jpg

God damn. So savage.

Boogie said:
I don't think a single person here shat on his performance, only his attitude.

Regardless, I think GSP cemented himself as #2 p4p and there isn't a single thing Anderson can do to claim it. Also there is no one left in the WW division for GSP to fight. I don't think anyone is excited to see him face the winner of Swick/Kampann, I wonder what his next move is.

Sinatar

Boogie said:
I'm calling for Florian to nail the upset.

Not sure Penn has learned his lesson from the GSP drubbing.

I got your back on this one. I think Florian can pull the upset here, hell I want to see it happen if only to watch BJ wheel out his mom again to defend his loss. :lol

Slizz

BamYouHaveAids said:

Regardless, I think GSP cemented himself as #2 p4p and there isn't a single thing Anderson can do to claim it. Also there is no one left in the WW division for GSP to fight. I don't think anyone is excited to see him face the winner of Swick/Kampann, I wonder what his next move is.

well there is 1 thing that silva can do to prove it......

Boogie

Zeliard said:
Penn is really tough to beat at lightweight, though.ss.

In the past SIX YEARS, Penn has fought a mere three times at lightweight, beating Sherk, Stevenson, and Pulver. I don't believe your statement is warranted.

But I am certainly one of Penn's biggest critics here at GAF.

StoOgE said:
well, he clearly has a chip on his shoulder. Probably because a lot of people don't think he deserves to be where he is. Maybe he doesn't... but I can see that really getting under the skin of a competitor.

Also, he F5'ed a shark.

Ya, poor muffin, having a chip on his shoulder as a multi-millionaire being able to choose whichever career path he feels inclined to follow. Cry me a fucking river.

But sure, I'll give him credit for F5'ing the shark.

Just got home from my buddies house, Fucking good night tonight.

great fights all around but all i gotta say is I'm so fucking glad Hendo Knocked Bisping the fuck out.

that K.O. made the " Bispings Island" video that much greater.

Slizz

BamYouHaveAids said:
He really sounds like he doesn't want to move up in weight.

who silva? hes flirting with light heavy weight now that there is no one in his division to contend. GSP however if he wants to be pound for pound he will move up. hes shredded at welter, and you kno he can fight comfortably still at a middle.

Sinatar

How about the craziest news of the night.

Coleman fucking won? Crazy. I'd have never guessed that in a million years. Just finished downloading the prelims so I'm gonna see how that played out.

Zeliard

Boogie said:
In the past SIX YEARS, Penn has fought a mere three times at lightweight, beating Sherk, Stevenson, and Pulver. I don't believe your statement is warranted.

But I am certainly one of Penn's biggest critics here at GAF.

Well, I'm basing that on him only having lost once at lightweight (by decision), and then avenging that loss later on (by submission). BJ Penn tends to only lose when he goes up weight. At 155, he's deadly. Florian will certainly be a huge challenge, though.

BamYouHaveAids said:

There isn't anyone left for either GSP or Anderson Silva. GSP has now destroyed the top two WW contenders, Fitch and Alves. Anderson Silva has destroyed everybody he's faced to such an extent that he's literally become bored. He didn't give a shit about his last two fights, and made no effort to hide it, and is now temporarily moving up to 205 for a fight he doesn't need to fight. GSP and Anderson Silva need each other at this point.

Slizz

Sinatar said:

Coleman fucking won? Crazy. I'd have never guessed that in a million years. Just finished downloading the prelims so I'm gonna see how that played out.

lol so true, on your same note, look how far bonnar has fallen. how can he come back after this? hes like kendall grove now. a joke.

Sinatar said:

meh, not that great of a fight honestly, typical Coleman GNP. Save the 15 min. and just read the Play by Play.

but still Good win for Coleman.

i'm also hyped that Stun Gun won, Always look forward to seeing him fight.

Boogie

Slizz said:
who silva? hes flirting with light heavy weight now that there is no one in his division to contend. GSP however if he wants to be pound for pound he will move up. hes shredded at welter, and you kno he can fight comfortably still at a middle.

GSP may be shredded at WW, but he would clearly need to take the time to put on some weight if he wanted to compete at MW. If he's walking around at 185-187lbs during training right now, that's just not heavy enough to compete with the best at MW.

Slizz

Boogie said:
GSP may be shredded at WW, but he would clearly need to take the time to put on some weight if he wanted to compete at MW. If he's walking around at 185-187lbs during training right now, that's just not heavy enough to compete with the best at MW.

if this fight ends up happening, and GSP loses, itll be such a shitstorm, not cause of the GSP love, but the fact that anyone moving up into a weight class, is doing just that moving up. its hard, and rarely works.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/arash_markazi/07/12/lesnar.wins.title/

After the fight White had pulled Lesnar out of the locker room and chewed him out before Lesnar nodded his head and said that he was embarrassed and sorry. For as entertaining as Lesnar's act might have been to some, White has worked hard to attract mainstream advertisers like Bud Light and Burger King as wasn't about to let Lesnar ruin those relationships in an effort to momentarily incite the crowd.

"I was blown away. I don't think in the history of the UFC we've ever had someone do something like that," said White. "It's not who we are and it's not who he is. I've spent time with the guy. He gets in there and the adrenaline starts kicking and the mouth starts moving, but the brain isn't sending anything to his mouth. If he was a [bad guy], I would tell you, but he's not. He's a smart guy. He's been in the WWE so long that he thinks he has to jump in there and be the heel."

"I was in the entertainment business for a while and I guess there's still a little bit of that in me," said Lesnar. "I get asked if there's anything I could drag over from the WWE and I guess you saw a little bit tonight. I'm used to selling pay-per-views and tickets."

Like him or not, that is certainly what Lesnar did Saturday night as he established himself as not only the undisputed UFC heavyweight champion, but also the best heel in MMA history. The next step is getting him in the Octagon with the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, Fedor Emelianenko, who remains the sole MMA headliner that has yet to fight for the UFC.

"Eventually Fedor is going to be here," said White. "I want Fedor. I want Fedor to come to the UFC. We'll get the deal done and we'll get Brock vs. Fedor and it will be a huge fight."

Zeliard

Let Fedor fight in his Russian Sambo tournaments which he always fucking dominates anyway, Dana, and he'll probably join the UFC.

Boogie

EviLore said:

And EviLore with the Golden quotes. Pretty much as I would expect, Dana was pissed at Brock tearing down what he had built.

But by all means, Liu Kang, keep thinking that you know every gawdamned thing about this sport, and that Dana would be pleased as fuck at Brock's little rant, because he "knows how to play the heel".

Best part of that link though is Dana's quote about wanting Fedor. MAKE IT HAPPEN, DANA. PLEASE.

Zeliard said:
Let Fedor fight in his Russian Sambo tournaments which he always fucking dominates anyway, Dana, and he'll probably join the UFC.

As I've already said in this thread, I'm skeptical that it would be that easy, but even that concession would be fucking huge.

DO IT DANA. SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE. $3 MILLION/FIGHT, FIVE FIGHT CONTRACT, WITH PERMISSION FOR HIM TO FIGHT IN SAMBO. DO IT.

Zeliard

Boogie said:

True. GSP himself said that he would need to take an extra 6 months than he normally does to pack on some weight. It'll probably happen, but the timing will be tricky since both GSP and Silva are title-holders.

Sinatar

Well GSP has the perfect opportunity to bulk up for a possible Silva fight. He's now got a nasty groin wound to heal and no clear #2 contender to fight in his own division. This gives him time to start bulking up and power lifting to get some more muscle mass for the jump. Maybe for The Ultimate 2009 or go for the Superbowl card in January 2010.

hay guys whats going on in this thread i'm drunk and just got home from watching the UFC fight w friends and I was the only one there saying Brock would win... everyone else was going for Frank Mir.... LOL BROCK IS THE FUCKING MAN. BOW DOWN WHEN HE COMES TO YO TOWN. Also, GSP, FUCK YEAH. I wanna see GSP bulk up and fight Anderson.

smurfx

get some go again
lol the real reason why dana is pissed at lesnar is the coors beer plug he gave. i don't think he really cared all that much about the other things.

Sinatar

Alright, it's time for Stephan Bonnar to find himself another vocation, fighting is no longer his bag. Coleman looked like ass and still manhandled Bonnar.

Sinatar said:
Alright, it's time for Stephan Bonnar to find himself another vocation, fighting is no longer his bag. Coleman looked like ass and still manhandled Bonnar.

you gotta check out the back stage interview on UFC.com with Coleman, shit is hilarious.

At the press Conference Brock's Apology seemed legit, he admitted he acted childish and it was unacceptable for a professional to act that way.

Ufc.com is putting up the conference Vids as we speak, some of those backstage views of the guys that lost are bad times, can't help but feel for em.

charsace

Why does everyone want to see GSP vs Anderson? I think Anderson would destroy him. Notice I said destroy and not just win, defeat or beat.

Sinatar

EraldoCoil said:
you gotta check out the back stage interview on UFC.com with Coleman, shit is hilarious.

At the press Conference Brock's Apology seemed legit, he admitted he acted childish and it was unacceptable for a professional to act that way.

Ufc.com is putting up the conference Vids as we speak, some of those backstage views of the guys that lost are bad times, can't help but feel for em.

Watch Brock's apology and notice what's in front of him at the press conference?

That's right. A bottle of Bud Light. :lol

Sinatar said:
Watch Brock's apology and notice what's in front of him at the press conference?

That's right. A bottle of Bud Light. :lol

it was pretty funny when he said " im don't really dislike Bud Light, i actually like every beer."

still got nothing against Brock, he went in there, executed his gameplan and won, he did act stupid but at least he apologized for it
i'm sure Dana Bitch slapped him in the locker room though for talking shit on sponsors
:D

Boogie

smurfx said:
lol the real reason why dana is pissed at lesnar is the coors beer plug he gave. i don't think he really cared all that much about the other things.

Umm, yeah? That's kinda been the thrust of my arguments over the past 4 pages...

Sinatar said:

Harsh but true. Haven't watched the fight, but the mere result suggests that Bonnar is unlikely to see a UFC main card fight ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom