• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 100 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOctober

Banned
charsace said:
Some of you are looking at things too narrow. If you want to KO Lesnar now for the way he acts you would want to put a hit out on him if he acted anything like Ali.

The fact that guys are on here talking about Lesnar when Henderson could have killed Bisping with millions of people watching shows how big of a deal Lesnar is.

The rules have fighters go until the ref stops them. I brought up points about this on the last page in fact.

Zeliard

Boogie said:
Disagree.

Fedor has some loopy fucking managers too. Who, in my humble opinion, absolutely DO NOT have Fedor's best interest at heart, but rather their own promotional interests at the heart of their actions.

They would be all be much better off financially if they signed with the UFC, so I'm not sure about all that.

The big sticking point is the Russian Sambo tournaments. Fedor loves them, and considers fighting in Sambo tournaments as something he does for his country as a form of pride, and Dana doesn't want him to do it. So Fedor told him to go fuck himself, rightfully.

dem

Zeliard said:
They would be all be much better off financially if they signed with the UFC, so I'm not sure about all that.

The big sticking point is the Russian Sambo tournaments. Fedor loves them, and considers fighting in Sambo tournaments as something he does for his country as a form of pride, and Dana doesn't want him to do it. So Fedor told him to go fuck himself, rightfully.

The sticking point is that Fedor's manager owns M-1 Global.. and wants to build that company up using Fedor..

Boogie

dem said:

GAWDAMMIT, They didn't show it on the PPV feed!!!!!

charsace said:
Some of you are looking at things too narrow. If you want to KO Lesnar now for the way he acts you would want to put a hit out on him if he acted anything like Ali.

Fuck that. Lesnar is no fucking Ali. Ali should show up at your door and bitchsmack you for making that fucking comparison.

and again, different sports. The two best athletes in MMA are Fedor and GSP. Both are class acts. That's MMA. GSP destroys his opponents, then fucking thanks them for stepping into the cage with him. Don't try to smack me down for appreciating that quality in my MMA champions.

"We have people in this thread (Liu Kang ABSOLUTELY among them) who have come, first and foremost, from a pro wrestling background, and said background colours their view of MMA."

I believe that people who come from a Pro wrestling background enjoy MMA because of all its differences from pro wrestling. The Dog and Pony show just got really old.

I dissagree with your comments about brock comments being a big deal not because of some pro wrestling backgound but because of simple logic that UFC is such a hot commodity that any sponsor would be silly to pull out and Dana is smart enough to know Brock has potential to bring in even more fans. I could be wrong tho.

charsace

MrOctober said:
The rules have fighters go until the ref stops them. I brought up points about this on the last page in fact.
Bisping was laid out flat. Anyone could see he was out of hit. That shit was dangerous no matter what you try to say.

Boogie said:

Fuck that. Lesnar is no fucking Ali. Ali should show up at your door and bitchsmack you for making that fucking comparison.

and again, different sports. The two best athletes in MMA are Fedor and GSP. Both are class acts. That's MMA. GSP destroys his opponents, then fucking thanks them for stepping into the cage with him. Don't try to smack me down for appreciating that quality in my MMA champions.
Ali told Joe Frazier that the KKK wanted him to string up Joe. Ali did worse things than anyone not named Mike Tyson. People love him now because he is the father of pr and marketing. Back then people wanted to see him get KTFO.

Tapiozona

Banned
Mir can eat a dick. With all the shit talking he did pre-fight, he deserves what he got from Brock. I have 0 sympathy for him. He made himself out to be the 'nice guy' after the fight ended but before it started he was the biggest shit talker on the planet. Serves him right and lesson learned.

MrOctober

Banned
Boogie said:

This. A million times this.

Slizz

charsace said:
Bisping was laid out flat. Anyone could see he was out of hit. That shit was dangerous no matter what you try to say.

re-watch Rampage vs. Silva(the axe murderer, for people who wanna kno) tell me how many shots he gets in after the initial knockdown, with EVERYONE knowing hes out.

EDIT: the third meeting between silva and rampage. the only ufc one. other fights were pride.

MrOctober

Banned
Tapiozona said:
Mir can eat a dick. With all the shit talking he did pre-fight, he deserves what he got from Brock. I have 0 sympathy for him. He made himself out to be the 'nice guy' after the fight ended but before it started he was the biggest shit talker on the planet. Serves him right and lesson learned.

Did you also notice how he took his loss with humility and respect?

agrajag

Banned
Tapiozona said:

Did you want him to say "buh buh buh Lesnar is so big and such a great wrestler and athlete, he's going to annihilate me" before the fight?

Druz

Can't believe people that thought Mir had more than a small chance of winning. He's always been as weak as Tim Sylvia in my book.

MrOctober said:

What else was he really going to say? It's not like he was in the fight at any point. Brock dominated him, much like he dominated him in the first fight aside from the slip up.

MrOctober

Banned
charsace said:

Ali told Joe Frazier that the KKK wanted him to string up Joe. Ali did worse things than anyone not named Mike Tyson. People love him now because he is the father of pr and marketing. Back then people wanted to see him get KTFO.

So right now I want to see Brock get KTFO. How is this any different?

MrOctober said:

where was this humility and respect after he beat brock the first time and until he lost today?

on a side note Honestly as much as I like GSP I really want to see what happens to his opponent when he gets truly angry. I like the added intensity when fighters hate each other.

Tapiozona

Banned
agrajag said:
Did you want him to say "buh buh buh Lesnar is so big and such a great wrestler and athlete, he's going to annihilate me" before the fight?

He coulda been quiet like Henderson. He can be like every other fighter in the UFC and be confident but give respect to his competitor. He was just a douche and Brock made him into his own personal douche bag. Good for him.

MrOctober

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
What else was he really going to say? It's not like he was in the fight at any point. Brock dominated him, much like he dominated him in the first fight aside from the slip up.

Well according to most of these clowns he should have told a huge sponsor to go fuck themselves and that Brock is a pussy who got lucky and then told the whole audience to fuck off.

Zeliard

MrOctober said:

I gained more respect for Mir after the fight. Granted, it's hard to talk more smack when you've just been beaten down mercilessly, but he gave Brock his props and was candid about the fight.

dem said:
The sticking point is that Fedor's manager owns M-1 Global.. and wants to build that company up using Fedor..

I believe that if Dana offered Fedor a contract that allowed him the freedom to fight in Sambo tournaments, Fedor would probably have signed. He stressed in several interviews that he was upset at that particular stipulation. Fedor isn't beholden to his managers, nor are any other top athletes in any sport - it's the other way around.

Boogie

Kabuki Waq said:
I believe that people who come from a Pro wrestling background enjoy MMA because of all its differences from pro wrestling. The Dog and Pony show just got really old.

Maybe they do enjoy it for its differences from pro wrestling. But, again in my not-so-humble-opinion, too many pro wrestling fans come into MMA spouting off their opinion like they know every gawdamned thing about the sport, and I simply will not stand for it. I've lived and breathed this sport for seven years, and I'll be damned if I'm going to have a pro wrestling-first fan try to talk down to me about the sport.

I dissagree with your comments about brock comments being a big deal not because of some pro wrestling backgound but because of simple logic that UFC is such a hot commodity that any sponsor would be silly to pull out and Dana is smart enough to know Brock has potential to bring in even more fans. I could be wrong tho.

I think that Brock's comments are a big deal simply because of how Dana has treated the UFC brand. Dana has basically treated said brand as if it is sacrosanct. Until this point, YOU DO NOT CROSS DANA'S GROWTH OF THE BRAND. Brock is the first to do so, perhaps feeling that his leverage as champion gives him the space to do so.

All I am saying in the face of that is that it may be unwise to do so, and who knows what the fallout might be. But Brock would be wise to tread carefully.

Boogie

charsace said:

Ya, and Ali may just have been the greatest boxer of all time. That helps him get away with such statements.

Brock has no such claims to greatness yet. Not with five gawdamned MMA fights. FUCK

agrajag

Banned
Tapiozona said:
He coulda been quiet like Henderson. He can be like every other fighter in the UFC and be confident but give respect to his competitor. He was just a douche and Brock made him into his own personal douche bag. Good for him.

Brock was a thousand times bigger douch before and after the fight. He acted like a fucking baby during the preview. It's apparent that you're just like Brock and take all this trash talking completely seriously. Which is a sign of mental infantility. Everything Mir said prior to the fight had an air of light heartedness to it.

Boogie

Kabuki Waq said:
on a side note Honestly as much as I like GSP I really want to see what happens to his opponent when he gets truly angry. I like the added intensity when fighters hate each other.

Then see GSP/Penn II. Utter destruction to the point that he makes BJ "I'll fight you to the death, Georges" Penn, quit between rounds.

MrOctober

Banned
agrajag said:
Brock was a thousand times bigger douch before and after the fight. He acted like a fucking baby during the preview. It's apparent that you're just like Brock and take all this trash talking completely seriously. Which is a sign of mental infantility. Everything Mir said prior to the fight had an air of light heartedness to it.

Agreed.

I shit talk to my friends all day because at the end of the day I respect them and give them credit. I'm more than fine with puffing yourself up before a fight and saying you're gonna win and the other guy is going to lose but Brock is a complete idiot about it.

Zeliard

agrajag said:

Brock took it seriously when he shouldn't have, but I dispute Mir's comments being light-hearted. The guy was pretty damn condescending towards Brock on multiple occasions after their first fight.

Tapiozona

Banned
agrajag said:

See now you're getting personal so you're a douche too.

You're just mad because your douche buddy Mir was douched on by Brock. Douchy Doucherton.

:)

Duke Togo

Brock Lesnar is truly the ultimate douche. Thus, we will all scramble to watch him get beaten down at the next PPV. What kind of a human bag of shit flips the bird at the very people that pay his salary? A giant sack of flesh who's sponsored by "Jack Links", thats who. :lol

Rorschach

What did you guys expect from this guy:

4h7a6o.gif

Boogie

Zeliard said:
I believe that if Dana offered Fedor a contract that allowed him the freedom to fight in Sambo tournaments, Fedor would probably have signed. He stressed in several interviews that he was upset at that particular stipulation. Fedor isn't beholden to his managers, nor are any other top athletes in any sport - it's the other way around.

I would like to believe that, but I'm just not so sure. Everything I've read about the relationship between Fedor and his managers suggests to me that Finkelstein is in the driver's seat, and that Fedor just doesn't mind it being that way.

Tapiozona

Banned
Duke Togo said:
Brock Lesnar is truly the ultimate douche. Thus, we will all scramble to watch him get beaten down at the next PPV. What kind of a human bag of shit flips the bird at the very people that pay his salary? A giant sack of flesh who's sponsored by "Jack Links", thats who. :lol

You obviously didn't follow everything that led up to the fight. He responded to an uneducated crowd who was booing the wrong douche.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Is it sad that I was more looking forward to seeing the Buffer 360 (thanks youtube!) then the actual Lesnar/Mir fight?

Mir did nothing, no attempts to sweep, no submission attempts, jack shit all. What a chump, seriously.

As for who in the heavyweight division poses a threat to Lesnar? How about a fellow named Shane Carwin. As big if not bigger, definitely hits a hell of a lot harder and oh yea, has real skill to back his cyclopean form.

As for GSP, well it's like watching poetry in motion, the guy is just a phenom. Even with a pulled motherfucking cock muscle he was still ragdolling Alves around the cage.

Boogie

GSP remains the absolute King of the 170lbs division, and perhaps p4p #1.

and

Fedor remains the God of MMA, and none of Brock's shit talking can change that.

Outside of those two facts, good event on the whole, that couldn't quite live up to the unreasonable hype hoisted upon it.

MrOctober said:
Well according to most of these clowns he should have told a huge sponsor to go fuck themselves and that Brock is a pussy who got lucky and then told the whole audience to fuck off.

Maybe he would've had he won. It doesn't change all the shit he said about Lesnar before the fight. That's why Lesnar was so pissed off. Maybe people just ignored all that crap Mir was saying about him, but from the UFC Countdown to the prefight video, Mir couldn't shut up when it came to talking shit about Lesnar.

Slizz

Tapiozona said:
Let not forget how good Arlovski did in the UFC. That was him, right?

yea that was Arlovski, that wasnt a stab at him. rather than, look at prob the consensus no. 1 heavyweight in mma pop him.

Boogie

Sinatar said:
Is it sad that I was more looking forward to seeing the Buffer 360 (thanks youtube!) then the actual Lesnar/Mir fight?

Mir did nothing, no attempts to sweep, no submission attempts, jack shit all. What a chump, seriously.

As for who in the heavyweight division poses a threat to Lesnar? How about a fellow named Shane Carwin. As big if not bigger, definitely hits a hell of a lot harder and oh yea, has real skill to back his cyclopean form.

As for GSP, well it's like watching poetry in motion, the guy is just a phenom. Even with a pulled motherfucking cock muscle he was still ragdolling Alves around the cage.

Word.

Yes, the Lesnar/Mir fight was sad. Mir offered fuck all to Lesnar. Calling him a "chump" in that performance was truly accurate.

And, as you suggest, crowning Lesnar king of the UFC is far too premature, after simply going 1-1 with Mir, beating Herring by decision, and TKO-ing Couture. Bring on the winner of Carwin/Velasquez, I say. In the words of Matt Hughes, champions are made in their title defenses.

And speaking of which, GSP. Poetry indeed.

Sinatar said:
He's truly a blessing to watch. I can only hope that I will one day amount to a small percent of his talent. I training hard though...Im tryin...

I love the guy, he always seem genuinely sincere in how he fights and what he believes.

Boogie

MrOctober said:
Some of these posts in here are dumber than my first one and that's hard to do re-reading it, I really shouldn't rage and type.

hey, all is forgiven, I "rage and type" all the time. I've been doing it all night, after all, :D :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom