• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 75: CHAMPION V. CHAMPION Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
UFC_Couture said:
You really should not come close to this thread until the PPV is over.

Maybe it won't be spoiled directly but when someone posts something like this:

OMGGGGG I can't believe it!
WON!!

That pretty much gives away a major upset happened, and first thought would be Henderson. I like dead silence on tape delayed stuff, any comment is just annoying, so your best bet is just to stay away.

Yes. None of this Bullshit. If you post spoilers or impressions, black out the whole damn post . Not part of it like above. The last one that was tape delayed was spoiled because some ass-hat posted some shit like OMG you won't believe what happened!!! which obviously implies upset. No one wants to read your spoiler shit.

123rl

I'm pissed off it's on PPV over here. What's the best way to showcase the UFC to fans in the UK? How about putting it on some unknown PPV channel (Setanta)? :lol UFC must have been paid a shitload of money to make this deal because there's absolutely no way it was done in the interest of UFC or its fans.

If you want to know why I'm pissed off it's because Setanta charge monthly for their channels. I have the full Sky package, so every Sky Sports channel, and that gives me everything I could ever want. Setanta broadcasts the same stuff, only less of it...so it's useless. So, even though I'd only ever pay for a UFC PPV I'd be forced to buy a full month's subscription to a channel that I don't want. And, if I did want it, I already have access to the same content through Sky!!

Fucking annoyed!! I'm hoping this appears on Youtube quickly because I'm pissed off with the UFC over this!

SyNapSe

Can the people who want to talk about the event live just post in another thread? :(

I'd like to be able to discuss the fights as they are going on, but i won't come here if people are going to use this thread to post the matches as they go currently and comments.

123rl

I think so. It's £9.99 a month for Setanta, which only shows a selection of Premiership football matches and a few other sports. But basically, everything they show is shown on Sky Sports (plus a lot, lot, more that is exclusive to Sky Sports and not shown on Setanta). I already pay for Sky Sports so I'd be an idiot to pay extra for a channel that offers me less than what I'm already getting

I've seen UFC75 advertised with a £9.99 PPV price as well so I think I might need to buy the channel and then pay an extra £10 just to watch UFC75. I'm not paying it - I'll read the fight reports and then wait for it to appear on DVD in the future

SyNapSe

123rl said:
I think so. It's £9.99 a month for Setanta, which only shows a selection of Premiership football matches and a few other sports. But basically, everything they show is shown on Sky Sports (plus a lot, lot, more that is exclusive to Sky Sports and not shown on Setanta). I already pay for Sky Sports so I'd be an idiot to pay extra for a channel that offers me less than what I'm already getting

I've seen UFC75 advertised with a £9.99 PPV price as well so I think I might need to buy the channel and then pay an extra £10 just to watch UFC75. I'm not paying it - I'll read the fight reports and then wait for it to appear on DVD in the future

That's what it costs us as well, $40 for PPV/$50 for HD broadcast

dem

you know.. Its gonna be hard to hype up Wandy if they keep showing him getting ktfo by Henderson and Crocop :lol

Asbel

Wow, it looks like I'm going to miss every UFC this month. Just found out I have to pick someone up from the airport tonight. Will miss 76 to hang out with an old friend flying into town and tuf/fight night is now wednesdays which is when I train judo. :lol I have to laugh at all the bad timing.

dem

i think i might have to watch the live stream.... i dont know if i can wait all day... im frickin bored.. :p

SyNapSe said:
Can the people who want to talk about the event live just post in another thread? :(

I'd like to be able to discuss the fights as they are going on, but i won't come here if people are going to use this thread to post the matches as they go currently and comments.
ok. so start a thread!

call it the UFC 75 Spoiler Filled No Tape Delay Thread or something

thefro

Live Results:

Alexander defeats Sakara in about 1:30 with huge Tiger Knee followed by ground & pound).
Marcus Davis v.s. Paul Taylor coming up... Taylor hits a huge head kick and nearly stops Davis (Herb Dean would have stopped it), then Davis came back and got full mount, pounded Taylor with punches and came close to getting it stopped, then armbarred Taylor when it looked like Taylor was out of danger! Probably best Round of the Year in UFC.

thefro said:
Live Results:

Alexander defeats Sakara in about 1:30 with huge Tiger Knee followed by ground & pound).
Marcus Davis v.s. Paul Taylor coming up
SPOILERS
and the replay showed just how huge it was. man, it was HUGE

Asbel

thefro said:
Live Results:

Marcus Davis v.s. Paul Taylor coming up
I got a lot of fantasy money on Davis. He better not lose!

dem

HOLY SHIT

WHAT A FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIGHT OF THE NIGHT

Thank god Lavigne let it go!!

Asbel

Incredible comeback! Thank you Davis! I saw that he was losing the standup and BAM! headkick out of nowhere, Davis goes down. But he survives a gnp barrage, takes his oppponent down, mounts, gnps, gets swept but catches an armbar. Damn.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Anyone got a link to the live feed? I have a feeling Spike isn't going to show these early fights.

dem

im a little nervous for Crocop..

the fact that Kongo is training with Juanito's camp... i dunno.. I almost smell upset.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
dem said:
these fights will all be on the spike show..

Thank god. I broke spoiler code and really REALLY want to see this whole thing from top to tail.

WAR CRO-COP.

dem

this fight is not going well..

crocop :(

Seriously.. Kongo is a can. sigh..

here we go.. one last chance for Mirko..
his LHK looks LAZY
wtf is wrong with him?

dem

crocop BLOWS in the cage... take him out of the title picture completely

CROCOP LOSES

fucking awful

dem

im disgusted... for real.

Kongo wins a unanimous

These next two fights better be good.. im feelin down now :(

thefro

Kongo wins by uniamous decision 29-28! Cro Cop got destroyed after Round 1. No answer for Kongo's knees

Asbel

Kongo looked nervous backing up in the first but turns it around and Crocop is the one looking nervous in the 2nd and continues in the 3rd. Looks like Crocop needed another Kanerhara for his comeback. Crocop threw like half the strikes Kongo did. Kongo takes the UD.

Whoever put money on kongo got paid!

dem

[spoiler ] write whatever you want [/spoiler ]

take out that space after the word spoiler..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom