• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Welcoming of the Visitors Thread - V on ABC, every Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosaic

go eat paint
SpeedingUptoStop said:
What exactly is propelling that ball anyways? Anti-gravity? There must be some sort of explanations as to why it's being out run by humans.
Plot device always moves faster than mechanical device!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Blader5489 said:
So I guess the preview wasn't really spoiling anything :lol

Looks that way. I just turned it on during that scene. Was there anything important during the first 5 minutes besides that?

Baron Aloha said:
Looks that way. I just turned it on during that scene. Was there anything important during the first 5 minutes besides that?
The visitors are monitoring the phone lines and they cleaned up the bodies from the warehouse.

B.K.

It's Tory. :eek:

Milabrega said:
So everyone from firefly and BSG are going to be visitors?

It looks like the show is going to be full of actors from canceled shows. The preacher guy was the main character in The 4400.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
B.K. said:
It's Tory. :eek:

It looks like the show is going to be full of actors from canceled shows. The preacher guy was the main character in The 4400.

BSG wasn't canceled, it was finished >=(

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Marty Chinn said:
We're also getting more of the political stuff that people were crying over in the first ep too.
Yea, outside of the opener, this episode is moving along a lot better than the first ep.

Milabrega

Baron Aloha said:
I just had a weird thought.... I think the black dude's girlfriend is a visitor too (but a bad one).

Yeah, seems likely. The real question is will Supergirl be good or evil. I can see her and the son story line
going the way of the hybrid baby from the original. Though I think right now Anna = Diana and Lisa = Lydia

(spoiler tags contains first series spoiler)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Why didn't she know her partner would get body snatched? I saw it coming as soon as she left him in that alley.

Milabrega said:
Yeah, seems likely. The real question is will Supergirl be good or evil. I can see her and the son story line
going the way of the hybrid baby from the original. Though I think right now Anna = Diana and Lisa = Lydia

(spoiler tags contains first series spoiler)

but that spoiler would not work with a male human (without a scared girl and the horror of it)

gdt

I liked this episode more than the pilot.

And at least V hasn't devolved into a procedural format like FlashForward.

Javaman

Much better then the first. I am getting a little tired of all of the doom and gloom lighting and background music these days. It's like all these serials are trying to emulate 24 or each other.

I actually liked the pilot more than this episode. I'll stick with the show, but something just doesn't sit right with me. I think it's how the main character decided she had to form a resistance right after the warehouse scene. Just seemed off. Other than that, pretty good.

As for the stories, I'd rank reporter > good V > FBI > Son.

gdt

Anything this show is doing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sticking my fist up my butt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the son storyline.

Just watched the first episode.

Glad to see they wasted no time getting to tasty lizard peoples.

I want even moar lizard peoples. Will catch tonight's episode tomorrow on Hulu. :D

Seth C

VGChampion said:
I actually liked the pilot more than this episode. I'll stick with the show, but something just doesn't sit right with me. I think it's how the main character decided she had to form a resistance right after the warehouse scene. Just seemed off. Other than that, pretty good.

That and so far it is just really, really boring.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
SpeedingUptoStop said:
All that flying technology and they couldn't fit a real hi-def camera in that orb.
I'm assuming that's a nod to how their reptilian sight works...it would presumably be the default vision mode of their devices as well.

Anyway, okay so far. Pilot felt like Cliff's Notes of the original mini-series, the way it sped through the setup.

digital

Banned
If that is how the Visitors' sight works they should've depicted it as such when they showed the POV of the black guy when he was being drugged.

RevoDS

Wow, that episode was like a reversed FlashForward episode - greatness overall, but god those last few minutes were disappointing as hell. That cliffhanger...there's no closure at all, it's as if I showed you a movie and decided to cut it halfway through. I can understand they want to get people to come back next week, but damn this felt incomplete.

yodandy

Liked the pilot better, but this still was good.

Why is every son in alien movies/shows so fucking annoying?

War of the Worlds, The day the earth stood still, uh...signs i guess? lol

the son story is just awful, but I like the rest.

Liked the Pilot, loved this episode. However, I can't get too excited due to the silly way ABC is handling the airing of the show :(

Noticed that the warehouse address was 4400, which is a nice nod to the lead writers old show, The 4000 :D

Solo

Loved it. Leaps and bounds better than the pilot, and things were finally slowed down tio a manageable pace. I am officially onboard the V train.

VGChampion said:

Yeah, I thought it was pretty lameesauce. I can't even rank the characters really. The reporter still has the face of an eight year old so I can't take him seriously. (Also, sure, what newscasters DON'T use the office AVID machine, right?!? :lol ) The Good V storyline is so MOR with the engagement crud. Mitchell is totally wasted with this sarcasmo bullshit attitude. The son, of course, is atrocious. The priest is just calamitously dumb. Oh, right, aliens have infiltrated our society, let me talk to this FBI agent who tips off her suspiciousness in THE FIRST ANSWER TO A QUESTION SHE FUCKING GIVES YOU.

Terrible, and stupid. Writing all that out, I have no idea why I watched both episodes. Probably because I loved the original as a kid and there's like nothing else on at 8 on a Tuesday.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yeah, this episode certainly didn't my opinion.

It had a shot when Chad Decker was doing his report about the pros and cons of diplomatic relations with the Visitors, and then they cut away so as not to let anyone say anything interesting or substantial :lol This show is doing its absolute best to avoid saying anything about everything.

Solo said:
Thats pretty much how she plays Juliet too.

It's not the performance, it's the writing. Juliet is funny. FBI Agent Whose Name I Can't Even Remember is not.

Cate Blanchett is amazing. Doesn't make her character in Pushing Tin any less forgettable.

JGS

Banned
Solo said:
Thats pretty much how she plays Juliet too.

In LOST, it worked well, because she was also an Other. She had a bit of mystery. Even when she was a good guy, you could tell she knew more than she let on (or more like she would tell at one time). She was not a wealth of information regarding the Others.

I'm not liking her in this role as much. It would have been nice if she was a V in hiding (maybe her partner's role or Morris Chestnut's)

I do like the show quite a bit. It's not a mysterious type show like LOST, so I don't mind the quick pacing. All of this diplomacy stuff is simply the setup and if it were a move would have been over in 20 minutes. The premise was always setup as an us vs. them. To me, they are taking a long time to get to that part.

My only other complaint is why it's taking so long for people to simply ask the question of whether or not they really look like perfect people or if it's a disguise.

Solo said:
Seems blatantly obvious that the elder priest is also a V.

It's so obvious I'm hoping it's a red herring. The younger priest will probably do something stupid trying to wrongly expose his superior.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
JGS said:
My only other complaint is why it's taking so long for people to simply ask the question of whether or not they really look like perfect people or if it's a disguise.
Don't you remember the pilot when the reporters asked Anna silly questions after her first impromptu press junket, and she said the Visitors' science could explain why they look like humans? That's top-notch writing out a problem right there.

JGS

Banned
Dan said:
Don't you remember the pilot when the reporters asked Anna silly questions after her first impromptu press junket, and she said the Visitors' science could explain why they look like humans? That's top-notch writing out a problem right there.

I remember the one reporter joking about it, but missed the that response.

Yeah, I guess that takes care of that mystery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom