• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Welcoming of the Visitors Thread - V on ABC, every Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
okay. the only thing that is a bit ridiculous is how the U.S. government would be okay with aliens opening up clinics and treating people/giving them unknown medications without any type of testing from the government.

Pimpwerx

quadriplegicjon said:
okay. the only thing that is a bit ridiculous is how the U.S. government would be okay with aliens opening up clinics and treating people/giving them unknown medications without any type of testing from the government.
Yeah. CDC and FDA seem asleep at the wheel here. Also, why can't this guy go to a human doctor to get a followup opinion? Alien tech or not, I'd get a second opinion on that shit. PEACE.

esbern

what the fuck was that retarded sigur ros ending

lol: human alien cyborg of ccrazy baby. btw: wouldn't they be able to sense the alien dna or something in the baby DNA?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
CHEATIN BITCH!

Edit: No way Tyler got service on his phone just now.

I DEMAND MORE LIZARD PEOPLE GOD DAMMIT!

This is reminded me of FX Cop Out Galactica. >:|

I don't want to hear no mess about story, I want robot men and lizards. Not humans! :p

Pimpwerx

Oh snap! Invasion is gonna happen one way or another, I guess. There's nothing we have that can repel their weaponry with that kind of fleet. It's a nice cliffhanger, but how long will this show run? PEACE.

There's a lot of plot holes in this show, but the potential is there.

I can understand why ABC decided to get a new showrunner.

I'll tune in this March to see if the new guy tightens the ship up a bit.

Mindlog

Pimpwerx said:
Oh snap! Invasion is gonna happen one way or another, I guess. There's nothing we have that can repel their weaponry with that kind of fleet. It's a nice cliffhanger, but how long will this show run? PEACE.

They're the Evil Vs the Vs on Earth are the Good Vs.

by M. Night Shmamalayan

"Yeah. CDC and FDA seem asleep at the wheel here. Also, why can't this guy go to a human doctor to get a followup opinion? Alien tech or not, I'd get a second opinion on that shit. PEACE."

Lizard Wizards.
Most of the plotholes are actually V Sleeper Cell Agents™

I was thinking it would be awesome if the Priest went all 1099 AD on the V's.

"These are not God's creation!"

God damn alien Crusades. I'd be watching every week with my pants around my ankles. :lol

I'm just kind of bored with the religious types being portrayed as boring pacifists.

jrricky

Banned
Omg at the scrubs commercial. "...I know, everyone thought it was cancelled...":lol :lol

edit: "...these people are lizards...", goddamn you zack.:lol

Wickerman

So it turns out that Ryan and Valerie are going to have the baby (starchild?) not Lisa and Tyler.

I didn't see that one coming at all.

Schrade

Wickerman said:
So it turns out that Ryan and Valerie are going to have the baby (starchild?) not Lisa and Tyler.

I didn't see that one coming at all.
Maybe both sets will have lizard babies and they will square off in a battle royale!

big ander

jrricky said:
Omg at the scrubs commercial. "...I know, everyone thought it was cancelled...":lol :lol

edit: "...these people are lizards...", goddamn you zack.:lol
I also thought this was funny :lol :lol

And I hate when this happens, but my friend texted me saying B was awesome before I could watch it. Going in with high expectations left me thinking it was an okay episode. I always hate the "X HOURS EARLIER" gimmick, especially when it's that predictable. Also called Valerie and Ryans bundle o joy and that Jack would be stabbed.
Thought the small twist with the flu vaccine was cool though.
So were we to assume that the other ships were ships opposing the Vs on earth? Or are they just reinforcements?
Show needs more Joshua/Fifth Column.

Pimpwerx said:
Yeah. CDC and FDA seem asleep at the wheel here. Also, why can't this guy go to a human doctor to get a followup opinion? Alien tech or not, I'd get a second opinion on that shit. PEACE.

They didn't say he couldn't. They just said it would be a waste of time because human technology wouldn't detect it at this point in time and by the time it could, it would be too late. That was clearly said in the episode.

oatmeal

Banned
Ugh...

This show feels half assed. I'm a massive LOST fan, and Flash Forward even managed to pull me back from the brink...but so far, V has been very underwhelming. I don't want to hate, I want to like it...but the acting is poor, the CG work is ABYSMAL, with some of the worst green screen keying I've ever seen.

That 'engine room' looked like a made for TV move from the beginning of the decade...I know it's a TV show and it's incredibly ambitious, it just feels cheap.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
big ander said:
I always hate the "X HOURS EARLIER" gimmick, especially when it's that predictable.
That was an atrocious use of en media res when it was so blatantly obvious what was going to happen and since it was resolved within 15 minutes. Maybe if they'd done something like tease Erica shooting Ryan...

These characters continue to be super dumb, the writing is clunky at best and the scale of the show is as narrow as possible. I highly doubt I'll watch any more of this.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Marty Chinn said:
They didn't say he couldn't. They just said it would be a waste of time because human technology wouldn't detect it at this point in time and by the time it could, it would be too late. That was clearly said in the episode.
There is nothing wrong with him.
They're gonna implant some chip and brainwash him, I can see it coming from a mile away.

Solo

I just dont know about this show. Its been alright so far, but its nothing I would miss if it were to suddenly fall off ABCs schedule. Its much better than Flashforward, but thats not saying much, and neither are especially good. ABC has really struck out big time this year in trying to serve up two possible LOST 2.0's. The writing, plotting, the hook, characters and performances arent there in either of these shows like they were from day one in LOST.

Raydeen

In the original 'V' they have action dolls of the 'V's for kids to play with.

Can I have a Lisa one. She is scandalously georgeous.

This comment includes a BSG spoiler:

That final shot was pretty much exactly the reverse of the final shot from BSG's third season.

gdt

Solo said:
I just dont know about this show. Its been alright so far, but its nothing I would miss if it were to suddenly fall off ABCs schedule. Its much better than Flashforward, but thats not saying much, and neither are especially good. ABC has really struck out big time this year in trying to serve up two possible LOST 2.0's. The writing, plotting, the hook, characters and performances arent there in either of these shows like they were from day one in LOST.

Exactly how I feel.

Though I do think last night's was by far the best episode.

Solo

Its hard to believe that ABC was on top of the TV world just 5 years ago when LOST, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy all launched to massive ratings and huge acclaim. 5 years later, LOST is ending to waning viewers, Desperate Housewives is a year from ending and has none of the buzz it used to, and Greys Anatomy is no wheres near the ratings juggernaut it once was. And then you realize that ABC has failed completely to craft new shows to replace these, and you see how fucked up they currently are.

ToxicAdam

Solo said:

I expected it to completely suck. So, I am happy that it doesn't. While I don't count the days down until the next episode, it's still nice to have an extra hour of programming that you can reliably count on to be "watchable".

[BLANK] has failed completely to craft new shows to replace these, and you see how fucked up they currently are.

That's the cycle of broadcast television. Amazing success almost always leads to an equal fall.

gdt

Solo said:
Its hard to believe that ABC was on top of the TV world just 5 years ago when LOST, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy all launched to massive ratings and huge acclaim. 5 years later, LOST is ending to waning viewers, Desperate Housewives is a year from ending and has none of the buzz it used to, and Greys Anatomy is no wheres near the ratings juggernaut it once was. And then you realize that ABC has failed completely to craft new shows to replace these, and you see how fucked up they currently are.

I think you're being a bit too rough.

LOST has had waning viewers sure, but it's as buzzworthy and critically respected as ever. And while the ratings have gone down, it has very strong demo numbers. Yeah, ABC wishes it held it's 20 mil+ ratings, it's natural for a serialized sci fi adventure to decline.

DH has no buzz or critical love anymore, but IIRC it's holding pretty steady in the ratings. Like...13/14 mil?

Greys is still huge in the ratings! Isn't the average something like 16 million+? Or course the show sucks ass, but ehh.

And they have DWTS. You're painting too grim a picture, I think.

Solo

Perhaps I am. It just looks to me that come 2011, ABC is royally fucked unless they unearth some new quality programming.

Memles

Solo said:
Perhaps I am. It just looks to me that come 2011, ABC is royally fucked unless they unearth some new quality programming.

GDT is right about the individual shows (all are still huge for the network), but what is more important for ABC right now is that they now have a brand they didn't before when it comes to program designed for women. Grey's, Housewives, Private Practice, Brothers and Sisters have created a network that is known for these types of programs, and the hope for ABC is that this brand will continue beyond those particular shows.

The problem is that there's no guarantee of that (Eastwick, which fits into this mode, struggled on Wednesdays) actually working. And when it comes to their simultaneous attempt to become the home of science fiction, both FlashForward and V opened big ("From the network that brought you Lost" has cache) but have fallen when people realized that other than that connection there's nothing to fall back on.

Javaman

While I generally like the show. I HATE how they keep trying to make it topical. Flu Vaccination, Housing Crisis. Barf.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Javaman said:
While I generally like the show. I HATE how they keep trying to make it topical. Flu Vaccination, Housing Crisis. Barf.
how is flu vaccination topical? Its absolutely true there are flu shot signs everywhere. Every year its like oh go get your flu shot or you might catch the flu!

It makes sense the V's are giving "world curing, de-aging shots" that are little more than vitiman shots but the CDC/FDA and whoever else are too busy testing that to worry about the flu vaccine.

Solo

Memles said:
GDT is right about the individual shows (all are still huge for the network), but what is more important for ABC right now is that they now have a brand they didn't before when it comes to program designed for women. Grey's, Housewives, Private Practice, Brothers and Sisters have created a network that is known for these types of programs, and the hope for ABC is that this brand will continue beyond those particular shows.

The problem is that there's no guarantee of that (Eastwick, which fits into this mode, struggled on Wednesdays) actually working. And when it comes to their simultaneous attempt to become the home of science fiction, both FlashForward and V opened big ("From the network that brought you Lost" has cache) but have fallen when people realized that other than that connection there's nothing to fall back on.

Good points. I guess Im just downright curious to see the post-Lost and post-Desperate Housewives ABC. Will they try to reinvent themselves again?

Interesting that they have the ep up on Hulu already (got queue update in email). Previous eps had been withheld from Hulu until the weekend.

I saw it last night. Nothing spectacular, but still interesting. However, something feels uninvolving about it so far on a character level. I actually can't remember ANY character names right now.

Complete contrast to Stargate Universe, which has successfully ingrained many character names in memory. But that show has arguably gone overboard in sacrificing an exciting sci-fi environment for "soapy" excess.

Both shows need to move towards a stronger moderation of sci-fi setting and character development.

SickBoy

Since it's off the air for a few months, I'm going to keep V on the "record" list on our PVR and see if I care to pick it up again when it returns.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Boy, I personally found the last episode to be quite limp for a "cliffhanger."

My guess is, they intentionally didn't drop a "bombshell" on the grounds that they want people to be able to pick it up in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom