• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 |OT| Gears of Yore

MrJTeera

Really love this retro futurism theme. Too bad it got cut short. A grander and lengthy sequel could remedy this.

I would also suggest moving the sprint from the left stick to the face button, like the X. Feels more comfortable that way.

Also, quick question; How did Marquis de Lafayette looked so young in 1886? We know he's THE Marquis because of the two revolutionary wars.

Not because of blackwater, since he only started drinking it at his initiation

So I can't stop listening to the sound track.

Was talking to a friend who is at the airship level tonight, made me get all anxious for another playthrough. Gotta rally up some friends so I have an audience to experience it

I hope we hear some details from RAD about how it performed to give some sequel hopes flowin

farisr

Just finished the game. Definitely liked the game, but the game has some issues with pacing at the beginning for sure.

Too much slow walk. Honestly if the whole game had the pacing that chapter 5 onwards had, I definitely think the game would be received much better, yes even with
entire chapters just being cutscenes, at least they don't put pointless here you're pretty much only allowed to slow walk between this cutscene and the next one, and pretty much have nowhere else to go but walk on the line we have given you, which is annoying, might as well just make the whole thing a cutscene imo.

Really loved the gunplay, and was going all out near the end being really aggressive, using blacksight as often as possible, rolling etc. I died a lot but it was a lot of fun. I had read a few impressions but really don't get what people were saying about the story jumping around/being incohesive. It didn't seem like that to me, seemed like a natural progression.

Though in terms of story I thought it was decently done, definitely stronger than majority of the games out there (I think the production values/visuals really help it quite a bit) but it lacked some impact,
some characters especially Alastair, needed to be fleshed out more, the ending would've been much better that way,

Really want a sequel to be made. This game is in "decent-to-good" status for me right now. If RAD addresses the common criticism this game is getting and creates a sequel with that in mind, it could very well turn out to be a top notch "excellent" status game for me.

Game should have new game plus, with a harder difficulty, and skippable cutscenes (i'm okay with the first playthrough not having skippable cutscenes)

I just finished the game. I found the story very entertaining. I really liked the atmosphere in the game. The graphics are stunning. I really hope Ready at Dawn can make a sequel to this game. There is so much potential with the world they have created,

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I keep hearing complaints about entire chapters being cut scenes, but I really can't relate. I guess I just don't see how a five minute cut scene at the end of a thirty minute chapter with lots of interactive bits is any different than a twenty five minute interactive chapter followed up by a five minute chapter that consists only of a cut scene.

Does it come from some expectation that the "chapter" unit should mean something that's relatively consistent?

I keep hearing complaints about entire chapters being cut scenes, but I really can't relate. I guess I just don't see how a five minute cut scene at the end of a thirty minute chapter with lots of interactive bits is any different than a twenty five minute interactive chapter followed up by a five minute chapter that consists only of a cut scene.

Does it come from some expectation that the "chapter" unit should mean something that's relatively consistent?

Yeah, it's a completely semantic argument and, frankly, misleading. It's not like this game forces you to sit through 40 minute cutscenes filled with torturous exposition dumps and pseudo-philosophical ramblings. While the cinematics are frequent, they are mostly brief and move well.

Something that I'm confused about. In the trailers didn't they say that black water was great but it came at a cost? What was the cost? The normal downfalls of living centuries? I figured too much would do something bad and though that angle could be cool for abandoned Knights that overdid blackwater and became something much more dangerous

What got me about the blackwater was that after the first fill at the font,
they had to refill from themselves (I think that's what was said) - so they drank their own blood that they'd put in the bottle? They'd be better with a hickman line/ catheter so they could sup even if the bottle was empty.

I've spoilered that just in case, but it was just meanderings and I might have missed something on my first playthrough.

I see blackwater the same way as I used to see gummi-berry juice - I'd be on that shit all the time I was awake; stop saving it for special events, you stupid bears/knights.

The Order: 1886 | Sail the Skies | Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhMz45mFTu8

Kraken Brings Down Airship over Atlantic.

Excellent.

I just finished this... and oh boy do I want more! I'm not even sure I want to sell this now... it's like a great movie that I'll probably watch again after enough time has passed.

I really hope this becomes a franchise now that they have all of these assets developed.

Hugstable

Banned
Played the first 3 chapters so far, liked the game part so far, but the cutscenes have just been everywhere, and some of the early parts of the chapter have been just walking around long hallways. When it comes to the shooting so far though, I've really been enjoying it. Just finished off Last of Us and got alot of time this weekend, so I'm gonna try to knock this game out.

Posted? From Andrea Pessinos twitter. Some talk about the review process of a game like this at the start and at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td2bi2uCijI

Some spoilers after 13:00 mark in the video itself so beware if you haven't played the game.

A dev really linked to this crap? ugh...

Hugstable

Banned
How is it crap?

Because the first few minutes is doing nothing but review whining and spouting the same exact words that I read on forum posts. Who cares if the game got bad reviews, what matters is if YOU enjoy it, other people can have their opinion and it's stupid to try and invalidate that just because you don't agree with it. And a dev linking to that just feel like he's really salty about these reviews, which would be stupid. Maybe they should take the criticism and use it to make their game even better next time, so they know what to improve and what not to improve on. Instead you got devs linking to stuff like that and that tweet from the Sony SM dude the other day about pulling ads or whatever from people that gave them bad reviews. GET OVER IT. The game is out and people can play it for themselves, who gives a crap about what the game got in reviews at this point.

Snaku

Banned
Exaggerated to an extreme of course but this kind of relentless control from the game was something I couldn't ever escape.

Things that I felt should be contextual were treated with button icons floating up every single time. Even tiny things like being able to pull out your own weapons, toggling the light, etc, it's all micromanaged by the game; you can only do certain things when the game deems it appropriate. It constantly feels restricting and oppressive.

Because they'd rather be making a movie, and you're just an actor in it doing as the director says when and where he wants it.

Majanew

Banned
Posted? From Andrea Pessinos twitter. Some talk about the review process of a game like this at the start and at the end.

Some spoilers after 13:00 mark in the video itself so beware if you haven't played the game.

Watched the first 6 mins and he's spot on. The Order was bashed for things other games have been praised for/have received higher scores for doing the same thing. Let's see how the next Telltale game or Quantic Dream game does when it releases. Maybe these sites will forget they want "more game, less cutscene" when they release and will review the game on what it is setting out to do.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Just saw a Redbox near me FINALLY has a copy of the game! Hopefully it's still there tomorrow as I'll have more time to play by renting it over the weekend.

despire

Because the first few minutes is doing nothing but review whining and spouting the same exact words that I read on forum posts. .

Kinda has a point though.

The game is out and people can play it for themselves, who gives a crap about what the game got in reviews at this point.

Well it depends on how much this game sells. If it manages to sell decently then it doesn't matter. If it sells like shit because of this and buries RaD, then it's just sad.

Melchiah

Not if the setting is what draws you in. If anything, games don't give themselves enough time to breathe and establish themselves. I never found it slow, though I could've used another 8 hours of story and gameplay in that world, easily.

Yea agreed. I actually enjoyed just walking around, talking to people and taking in the sights.

Agreed. The beginning of Silent Hill 2 received similar criticism back in the day, and I never understood it as it was a great way to build atmosphere. Due to the criticism they made the opposite choice with SH3, and its action-oriented approach ended up being critiqued nonetheless. I just hope RAD pays more attention to the feedback from those who liked the game than those who didn't, if they ever make a sequel. Giving too much weight to the haters' views, who might not have even played the game themselves, has often lead to a wrong direction, of which Resistance 2 would be a perfect example.

Jito

Banned
Agreed. The beginning of Silent Hill 2 received similar criticism back in the day, and I never understood it as it was a great way to build atmosphere. Due to the criticism they made the opposite choice with SH3, and its action-oriented approach ended up being critiqued nonetheless. I just hope RAD pays more attention to the feedback from those who liked the game than those who didn't, if they ever make a sequel. Giving too much weight to the haters' views, who might not have even played the game themselves, has often lead to a wrong direction, of which Resistance 2 would be a perfect example.

It's hardly a fair comparison though is it? In Silent Hill 2 you're beginning to explore the town and find your way around, gathering items and such, while in The Order your watching cutscenes then following corridors and alleyways to the next cutscene. Edit: My bad, the start of the game is actually just a string of QTE prompts, forgot about the opening.

People who point out things they dislike in a game still referred to as "haters", oh please. I've played it by the way.

Kagutaba

Embarrassing a dev linked this. This video is bad, it makes me think of this post(EmCeeGramr) from the review thread:

Next time you so called """""journalists""""" want to review a game, here are some helpful pointers from me, the man on "the streets":

• Divide a game into six different categories: Graphics, Sound, Gameplay, Presentation, Replayability, and GamePro Face. Each of these scientific and objective scores should be then combined via an algorithm that mathematicians still aren't sure is real. If the final score doesn't match your opinion, that's proof that you were biased. This mathematical standard will hold up pretty well until a game I think I'll like is reviewed poorly under it, and then we'll need to restart all over again.
  • Review a game for what it is, not what it isn't. If you state that the game isn't good, then that's pretty unfair to the developers, who might not have wanted to make a good game.
  • Consider that by criticizing a game, you're criticizing every game in that genre by extension, and telling the developers not to bother making any game remotely like it ever again. Logically, it follows that we'll eventually reach a point where no games will ever be made again, and that's bad because I want to preorder more of them as soon as they're announced.
  • Imagine the feelings of the developers. Be fair and criticize them, but not as much as you're thinking about criticizing about them, however much that is. That's too much. Remember that developers have families to feed. Imagine if reviewing a game poorly caused ISIS to besiege the developer's town. Imagine if the developers joined ISIS to make money because now their studio is shut down. Didn't think about that, did ya.

It's funny the guy in the video says the point of The Order was making a good story, well it so happens the story of The Order is one of it's most unfinished parts, and plenty of reviews pointed that out. What about those reviews, were those also criticizing something "the order wasn't supposed to be"?

Melchiah

It's hardly a fair comparison though is it? In Silent Hill 2 you're beginning to explore the town and find your way around, gathering items and such, while in The Order your watching cutscenes then following corridors and alleyways to the next cutscene. Edit: My bad, the start of the game is actually just a string of QTE prompts, forgot about the opening.

People who point out things they dislike in a game still referred to as "haters", oh please. I've played it by the way.

Nevertheless, it received similar cricitism when it was released for its slow and actionless beginning. The Order's intro certainly could have been executed in a better way, with less QTEs, but I think there was nothing wrong with walking around the city that you do afterwards.

I've given criticism about the game as well, eventhough I enjoyed it. What I meant by haters is people who have formed an opinion about the game eventhough they haven't played it themselves, or only scratched its surface and sold it before finishing it, or just didn't find it to their taste due to its basic design. I think those groups of people are the ones that developers should pay no attention to. If they did, and changed everything according to them, it could result with a sequel that isn't to the liking of those who enjoyed the first.

psychotron

Not if the setting is what draws you in. If anything, games don't give themselves enough time to breathe and establish themselves. I never found it slow, though I could've used another 8 hours of story and gameplay in that world, easily.

I agree. If the entire game was like the beginning then I would have grown tired of it, but once the world and characters were established, they introduced more and more gameplay. Maybe it's because I actually love the story and the voice acting, but I don't mind the cutscenes at all.

Kagutaba

What I meant by haters is people who have formed an opinion about the game eventhough they haven't played it themselves, or only scratched its surface and sold it before finishing it, or just didn't find it to their taste due to its basic design.

Haters is a pretty immature label in my opinion, and mostly used against people voicing negative opinions in hype threads(in which basically no one has played the game), I don't think we should use it.

And how is someone that played the game and didn't finish it because he didn't like it a "hater"?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Kinda has a point though.
No that person does not have a point, he implies that literally every reviewer who gave the game a negative score just didn't like cinematic games. When we know for a fact that that isn't true in anyway shape or form. The absolute majority of the reviews reviewed it for what it is, reviewers weren't stepping up and complaining about "why isn't it open world." They complained about how subpar everything is except for the actual graphics.

Kagutaba

No that person does not have a point, he implies that literally every reviewer who gave the game a negative score just didn't like cinematic games. When we know for a fact that that isn't true in anyway shape or form. The absolute majority of the reviews reviewed it for what it is, reviewers weren't stepping up and complaining about "why isn't it open world." They complained about how subpar everything is except for the actual graphics.

He also says reviewers that scored The Order a six should be fired for it - he's quite simply an idiot, and it's absolutely embarrassing a dev linked it. What was that guy thinking? If someone should be fired it's Andrea Pessino. Disgusting.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finished. Liked it more than I expected. Has a good few issues and areas to improve, ideally in a sequel. Liked most of the story. Ending was handled poorly, like the narrative as a whole was unfinished.

Crossing Eden

He also says reviewers that scored The Order a six should be fired for it - he's quite simply an idiot, and it's absolutely embarrassing a dev linked it. What was that guy thinking? If someone should be fired it's Andrea Pessino. Disgusting.
He certainly isn't handling the lukewarm reception to his game well.

Melchiah

Haters is a pretty immature label in my opinion, and mostly used against people voicing negative opinions in hype threads(in which basically no one has played the game), I don't think we should use it.

How can people form an educated opinion about the game, if they didn't even play it? The way I see it, it's just about hating the game for what it is and represents, which seems to be common these days with cinematic games. It's an entirely different matter if they actually played the game from start to finish. There's bound to people that just don't find it to their taste. I just think it's better if the developers listen to the criticism from those that enjoyed it for what it is, and just want its flaws (of which there are many) to be rectified, like the lycan encounters for example, instead of changing it on a fundamental level and making the sequel an entirely different kind of game.

All I will say about Pessino's tweet is that it's kind of in poor form to openly endorse an opinion that's rooted in disagreeing with a lot of other opinions. Doesn't matter how valid that opinion is. (in this case, not so much)

Just keep those kind of things to yourself. There's more than enough positive reviews out there to tweet out. (like GameTrailer's)

Finished. Liked it more than I expected. Has a good few issues and areas to improve, ideally in a sequel. Liked most of the story. Ending was handled poorly, like the narrative as a whole was unfinished.
What was so bad about the ending? Asside for leaving stuff open for sequels.
I can understand that being not as satisfying for some. But i don't see why it is badly written or anything like that.

Just wondering.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So I guess I'd articulate that my issues with The Order are when the illusion of agency, control, and interactive become too obvious. Like I don't really care that it is heavily narrative based, littered with cutscenes, cinematic scripted shit, etc. Whatever; this stuff can work and work fine (even if it's not to your taste) as long as the illusion is kept intact. The Order faltered when this illusion broke down and it became too obvious a playable sequence was borderline pointless in its functions. The knife fights are excellent examples of this;
it doesn't mean shit that you have three different attacks, the ability to dodge and move. It's all fluff. You need two buttons (outside of the QTEs); attack and dodge, and you'll win the fight effortlessly
. The Order needs to take a few notes out of Naughty Dogs' book where the they excelled most with Uncharted's best, where highly scripted sequences at least have a strong illusion of agency and involvement. The Order's weakest moments are when it tries to do this but jumbles up old formula or forgets it entirely, or pads it with fluff. The illusion is broken and it becomes obvious certain sequences might as well be entirely QTE or just a cutscene.

Otherwise the core mechanics are fine. Personally I found the shooting very satisfying on hard; strong audio and hit feedback. Punchy guns, and decent variety. Encounters are exceptionally basic but work well enough, sans a few monster closets in tight areas where are particularly amateurish and predictable. Again, broken illusion.

Insta-lose stealth was a non-issue due to how predictable the guard movements were and your heavy armament. I usually hate this shit but seriously it was so easy as is it doesn't really matter. The big stealth stretch went on maybe too long, but eh, whatever.

So yeah. I liked it. Didn't love it, but liked it well enough to have a good time. Wish it didn't feel like it ended with obvious sequel bait and a sense of unfinished. But hey, Uncharted 1 was all over the shop in quality too, and then we got Uncharted 2. Thus I'd like to see Ready at Dawn give The Order another crack.

I can understand that being not as satisfying for some. But i don't see why it is badly written or anything like that.

Just wondering.

Convenient exposition dump relative to a character that didn't have enough screen time to build his purpose followed by a lack of finality and conclusion to what had been, up until that point, the overarching plot. In its final hours The Order tonally shifted to a personal story which hadn't been explored all that well up until then, and tried to give weight to members of The Order and their struggles. It's one thing to leave room for a sequel, but a good story shouldn't do so at the cost of the story being told. And that's where I feel The Order made it's mistake. There was Act 1. Then Act 2, and it ended. A fine end for a second act, but not the narrative entire. Act 3 is apparently a sequel.

Kagutaba

How can people form an educated opinion about the game, if they didn't even play it?

This cuts both ways, but in the pre-release threads only people with a negative impression was called a "hater" or a shill.

And you said that someone that bought the game and didn't finish it because he didn't like it was a "hater", this I disagree with it.

Kagutaba

All I will say about Pessino's tweet is that it's kind of in poor form to openly endorse an opinion that's rooted in disagreeing with a lot of other opinions. Doesn't matter how valid that opinion is. (in this case, not so much)

Just keep those kind of things to yourself. There's more than enough positive reviews out there to tweet out. (like GameTrailer's)

Pretty much.

Gameplay-wise, I finally realise what the heck has been bothering me in videos in regards to why I thought it looked clunky.

The animation when snapping in-and-out of cover looked way too fluid/fast, like Galahad was magnetised to the wall or something when you dash towards a cover.

Melchiah

This cuts both ways, but in the pre-release threads only people with a negative impression was called a "hater" or a shill.

And you said that someone that bought the game and didn't finish it because he didn't like it was a "hater", this I disagree with it.

This is not a pre-release thread though, many of us have already finished the game, so I don't see how that's relevant to the discussion here. IIRC, it was also said on this thread, that the positive views of those who have bought the game are invalid, because they are too invested in it. It cuts both ways.

Well, perhaps hater was a bit strong word to describe that particular group, but my stance stays the same; it's better to take heed of the criticism from those who have experienced the whole of the game.

Kagutaba

Just wondering.

I didn't like that the main villain was treated like a "fallen brother" without actually building a brotherly relationship with the main character, added to that: Lucan has a sister, Igraine, and it's so strange that she's completely left out of the father/brother relationship, instead she is delegated to scorned lover duty.

Also Lucan the Lycan, just great, why risk spoiling The Betrayal for a dumb joke?

Auctopus

Cringey that a dev linked this. The reviewer makes some decent points but then seems to get way too angry at other journalists, insulting them and driving up his score so it's less like theirs.

Crossing Eden

I didn't like that the main villain was treated like a "fallen brother" without actually building a brotherly relationship with the main character, added to that: Lucan has a sister, Igraine, and it's so strange that she's completely left out of the father/brother relationship
Exactly my criticism.
The game didn't earn that well acted scene at the end, because we never built up a meaningful relationship with Lucan.

I didn't like that the main villain was treated like a "fallen brother" without actually building a brotherly relationship with the main character, added to that: Lucan has a sister, Igraine, and it's so strange that she's completely left out of the father/brother relationship, instead she is delegated to scorned lover duty.

Also Lucan the Lycan, just great, why risk spoiling The Betrayal for a dumb joke?
Okay, thanx.
I just figured "brother" just meant that he was a fallen member or The Order.
The relationship was built over centuries, i guess.

Kagutaba

Exactly my criticism.
The game didn't earn that well acted scene at the end, because we never built up a meaningful relationship with Lucan.

This happened many times in the game for me, were a scene was great on it's own but taken in context of the rest of the story it wasn't earned or set up correctly, e.g. the reveal of the vampires and lord Hastings

Sulla1980

So I guess I'd articulate that my issues with The Order are when the illusion of agency, control, and interactive become too obvious. Like I don't really care that it is heavily narrative based, littered with cutscenes, cinematic scripted shit, etc. Whatever; this stuff can work and work fine (even if it's not to your taste) as long as the illusion is kept intact. The Order faltered when this illusion broke down and it became too obvious a playable sequence was borderline pointless in its functions. The knife fights are excellent examples of this;
it doesn't mean shit that you have three different attacks, the ability to dodge and move. It's all fluff. You need two buttons (outside of the QTEs); attack and dodge, and you'll win the fight effortlessly
. The Order needs to take a few notes out of Naughty Dogs' book where the they excelled most with Uncharted's best, where highly scripted sequences at least have a strong illusion of agency and involvement. The Order's weakest moments are when it tries to do this but jumbles up old formula or forgets it entirely, or pads it with fluff. The illusion is broken and it becomes obvious certain sequences might as well be entirely QTE or just a cutscene.

I think what you have described here is one of my biggest issues with the game. So often it felt as if I was "doing" something because the game wanted me to feel like I was doing something. Pushing triangle to move a cart, or climb a ladder, or catch someone's hand does not constitute agency. At that point, just make it a scene or leave it out completely.

Other than that, I finished it last night and was disappointed by the story. I lost a strong sense of motivation for particular acts after some of the early missions, and there was insufficient buildup to what turned out to be the final act.

They nailed the atmosphere, however. There are fewer things that I enjoy in games than exploring a creatively built world, and the Order has that down. Yeah, locations are a little on the limited side, but what is there seems well thought-out.

Andrea Pessino is doing extra reps in the gym to make up for every low review score The Order received. Once he reaches his final form, all reviewers will know the wrath of Andrea.

Got the Platinum last night. It was fairly easy. It's only my second Platinum behind TLOU:R. It was a good game, but now time to wait for the sequel since no multiplayer... :(

They tried to sneak in a phonograph after the brothel on the rooftops and a newspaper right before the locked gate in the gardens

th

Finished this game last night; what a gem this was to play. I immediately want to play this again. This game is a solid 8.5 for me; absolutely wonderful experience. The reviews for this have just solidified in my mind that I should just stop even looking at them going forward.

The final scene with you standing there holding the gun looks soo good; right out of a movie. I just stood there for a while.

Grinchy

Banned
Still $60 on Amazon US...

That is weird. It must have gone back up minutes after I looked. I put mine up on the marketplace shortly before posting that and it was selling for $50 through Amazon.

The used market value is still ridiculously low for a 7 day old game, though. If anyone wants to sell, you better do it soon.

Well I finished this yesterday. I was all prepared to say this game was a solid 7. However I found the build up to the finish increased my enjoyment. I reckon it's an 8/10 for me.
It's a weird 8 though, because the game does have some aspects that could have been better and I know it does, but the art and sound direction, the music, the atmosphere and the voice acting go a long way to making up for the problems.
I was ok with the ending but I think many who found it unsatisfying might have found it more satisfying if
Lucan had been shown to have been more despicable in the build up to the fight. He maybe should have killed or badly injured a protagonist with cruelty involved. It's understandable they were keeping his reveal to the end but without a despicable act I feel some people are feeling a lack of resolution from killing him. I also think they should have had a cutscene of Hastings gloating about plans or domination or suchlike, somewhere around the end as a counterpoint for Galahad's end sequence, to build up sequel tension.

I really hope there is a sequel and I too hope they listen to the constructive suggestions of those who like the game rather than changing it completely to suit those who either simply don't like the game at all or those who have been criticising it since before it was released or who have 'played it on YouTube'. I want improvements and refinement but I don't want it to totally change.

I thought this game would have no replayability at all (I read it on GAF :p ) but last night I restarted at the first shootout (chapter 3?) to grab some screenshots and maybe collect a few items. I was still playing several hours later. I was sucked back in, able to better appreciate the fabulous acting, art and sound. So, despite the linearity, it seems I certainly found it replayable and enjoyably so.

Dying Light is getting delivered today and I still have to finish DA:I. For now though, I just want to finish The Order again.

I mean, I do think the pacing could have been better, but, I don't know, I still enjoyed how it all played out. I think I just really dig the setting/characters and atmosphere more than some others here. I genuinely enjoyed watching the cutscenes, they didn't really feel intrusive to me, on the contrary I like the ebb and flow between cutscene and controlling Galahad. Everyone feels differently about these but I don't mind forced walking segments. I'm actually not one to just jog or run everywhere, I love walking in games lol.

I do think cutscenes should be able to be skipped in every game though.

That's the thing, I too love walking in games, but it's so much more rewarding when it's your choice to do so.

No one is stopping anyone from walking and taking in the sights even when running is an option in the game, so why not let those not interested in that, run along whenever they choose to.

As for the cutscenes, I think they need to tell more of the story through natural dialogue during gameplay, or let the gameplay work in service of the story. That would help with the pacing without straying from their vision as a studio.

Top Bottom