• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pinball Arcade |OT| play them all from Soho to Brighton

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I have about half the tables for Pinball FX2 on PC and I hate them all.

JP

All the relevant people at Sony are probably off most of the week, and this wouldn't be high on their list anyway.

Someone remind me - it's been confusing - is there supposed to be a PS+ discount for season 1?
That's exactly what I'm thinking, people are going to be off and it's hardly a life or death problem for anybody so it'll probably be a while we get anything.

Not sure about other places but in the UK these are the prices that we should be paying:
Standard - £23:99 (£11:99 with discount & £10:79 with Plus)
Pro - £31:99 (£15:99 with discount & £14:39 with Plus)
There's quite a bit of a saving for people who've bought the full season either as a pack or as individual tables. I just don't want to be spending £31:99 when I should be paying £14:39. Not saying the tables aren't worth that much, it's just not what we should be paying.

Jedi2016

Ugh, my RB is starting to stick. Ah well, still playable, but a patch to enable the use of the triggers can't come soon enough.
PS4? There's a fix for that. Some leftover goop from the factory stuck in the mechanism, clean it off (requires partial disassembly) and it'll be right as rain.

Carm

Besides being incompetent at marketing their game, Farsight has zero excuse now not putting up a discount on the season packs.

Steamworld Dig released on December 5th, was in the top 10 I believe(?) for the first day or two of sellers list. It just popped up as a 25% off flash sale.

Minsc

Gold Member
2 more days until The Addams Family
kickstarter
announcement!
I'd still take it

Saw some people speculating a 360 / Xbox One announcement, that's probably just as unlikely.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
2 more days until The Addams Family
kickstarter
announcement!
I'd still take it

Saw some people speculating a 360 / Xbox One announcement, that's probably just as unlikely.

Is a Bone announcement even possible?
The game is already out on many other platforms, and adding a significant percentage of additional content doesn't seem doable.

Minsc

Gold Member
Is a Bone announcement even possible?
The game is already out on many other platforms, and adding a significant percentage of additional content doesn't seem doable.

They are targeting it, but they've been saying MS hasn't sent them a devkit, and that's what is keeping them from giving any sort of formal date. We still have a few more platforms to get this on to lol.

An Xbox One build probably (well ideally) would share much from the PS4 build, so it may not be too much work.

Shaneus

DX11 update for PC in the next patch.

All lighting is fixed.

Sound actually sounds meaty and like a real pinball, not some crappy cheap toy.

BK and FP (hell, chuck BH in there as well) full emulation.

None of these things will happen as a part of this promo thing... or possibly ever.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Set up my PS4 last night so I wouldn't have to fight on Xmas morning. All games downloaded and Pinball Arcade looks glorious. And that Dual Shock 4 is so smooth...

Is there a good link or video for his to do this?
its dead easy. Just use a blunt knife to pop off the shoulder buttons. They clip back on without any bother. It totally sorted my one that had the problem. I ran into it before the ps4 came out when I was using my dual shock 4 on PC for Zen and TPA.

Carnby

I'm new to Pinball Arcade, would you so kindly answer these questions?

Is the PS4 retail copy even worth getting? Correct me if I am wrong. It only has season 1 and does not include pro packs.

Does Pinball Arcade require an internet connection to play? If so, does the disc follow this rule too?

I'm new to Pinball Arcade, would you so kindly answer these questions?

Is the PS4 retail copy even worth getting? Correct me if I am wrong. It only has season 1 and does not include pro packs.

Does Pinball Arcade require an internet connection to play? If so, does the disc follow this rule too?

You are correct in that the retail version has season 1 with none of the pro packs. No, the game does not require an internet connection (outside of, y'know, downloading tables and patches and similar stuff).

Minsc

Gold Member
In addition, the PS4 has only one season out anyway. So the retail disc is all you're going to get whether you get it digitally or retail. As to if it's worth getting, you can try the game for yourself for free, it certainly is a good value in most circumstances.

So i spent tonight getting at all the bronze high score trophies as i'm a bit too sick/really didn't want to head to the in-laws w/ the mrs.

During my game of taxi, a bit later into the game i was getting some pretty mad screen tearing for maybe 8 seconds or so. Was really odd, wondering if anyone had experienced something similar?

Disclaimer: I have had some valium and wine so there is a chance i just imagined it

microtubule

DX11 update for PC in the next patch.

All lighting is fixed.

Sound actually sounds meaty and like a real pinball, not some crappy cheap toy.

BK and FP (hell, chuck BH in there as well) full emulation.

None of these things will happen as a part of this promo thing... or possibly ever.

You got me. I was getting ready to look for the facebook link. Anyways, I wonder if this will indeed happen that is if the tables are selling well on Steam.

Oooh Pinball After Dark app coming! I'm assuming that when they say app they don't mean only for tablets but for all platforms. I'll buy the crap out of that. Maybe we'll get tables like Xenon that have graphics that can't be reconciled with TPA.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Oooh Pinball After Dark app coming! I'm assuming that when they say app they don't mean only for tablets but for all platforms. I'll buy the crap out of that. Maybe we'll get tables like Xenon that have graphics that can't be reconciled with TPA.
It'll be worth it if we get one of the Playboy pinball games in this. Preferably the Bally one, since it's so popular.

So I bought the PS4 season pass for this earlier while PSN was acting up.

Now I'm not sure if that messed something up or if I'm just dumb by not being able to get to the tables. I look at the overview on the dashboard and it says I've purchased all the tables, but I have no idea how to download and/or get to them in game.

What do?

I duuno about the PS4 version but other versions have a menu for "My Tables" which are the ones you own.

The "Pro Packs" are just the operator menus for the tables, not a big deal. And season 1 only had pro versions of 6 of its tables. It's definitely worth it in my opinion, season 1 is a LOT of pinball tables for the price. Pinball Arcade is the best deal on videogame pinball, ever, especially one with real licensed tables.

That one still only has the Arabian Nights table in it.

I'm hoping it's just a PSN issue still. Earlier it had a download option in the store for the ones I bought, but now it just says "Purchased" and has no option to download the games.

Pretty lame, but I might have to give Sony time to fix the store.

Brashnir

Now I'm not sure if that messed something up or if I'm just dumb by not being able to get to the tables. I look at the overview on the dashboard and it says I've purchased all the tables, but I have no idea how to download and/or get to them in game.

What do?

"My Tables." Upper-right option on the main menu.

edit - oh, I see. that sucks. Fucking games today, man.

Torn on Pinball FX2, is there a representative table or two that will give me a good idea of the strengths/weaknesses of the platform? I'm willing to put my toes in for 5 bucks, but not really 30.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

What do?

Go to Notifications on the xmb and see if you need to install them

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Torn on Pinball FX2, is there a representative table or two that will give me a good idea of the strengths/weaknesses of the platform? I'm willing to put my toes in for 5 bucks, but not really 30.

Why 5$? There's a bunch of tables on sale for as low as $1 or even less on Steam.

edit: whoops sorry for the dp, thought I was editing

Secrets of the Deep is the only one I played much. Strength: Better friends/leaderboard support than PA and isn't full of bugs. Weakness: The pinball isn't fun to play at all and the physics are bad.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Secrets of the Deep is the only one I played much. Strength: Better friends/leaderboard support than PA and isn't full of bugs. Weakness: The pinball isn't fun to play at all and the physics are bad.

This really can't be emphasized enough. I'm not convinced the people who make Pinball FX have ever actually played a pinball game.

Go to Notifications on the xmb and see if you need to install them
For some reason, it isn't even giving me an option to download them from the store. It just says I've purchased them. They're showing up in my library too.

I guess I'll shoot an email to their customer support when I have the chance.

Shaneus

You got me. I was getting ready to look for the facebook link. Anyways, I wonder if this will indeed happen that is if the tables are selling well on Steam.
Oh, that wasn't the intention whatsoever. I was being heavily sarcastic because I knew none would happen that quickly. My sincere apologies :(

Um, so what the hell is this? I saw the update on their site (all the days are mixed up, so I have no idea WHAT they're up to) but will this finally give us Scared Stiff with family mode disabled? Why should I have another app to go into to open a bunch of tables?

PS. You can skip on PFX2. I bought the tables super-cheap on Humble Bundle and I still feel kinda ripped off. They don't even feel like fun if you just want to muck around. Better off putting money towards the Pro Pinball stuff on GOG or hell, even Pinball Fantasies/Illusions/Dreams.

TAJ

You can turn off family mode in Scared Stiff with the pro upgrade for the pack that it came in.

They are targeting it, but they've been saying MS hasn't sent them a devkit, and that's what is keeping them from giving any sort of formal date. We still have a few more platforms to get this on to lol.

An Xbox One build probably (well ideally) would share much from the PS4 build, so it may not be too much work.

I meant that I don't see MS wanting the game on their platform at this point. (sloppy eighths) They hand out dev kits like candy. That Farsight doesn't have one is pretty telling.

joeblow

For some reason, it isn't even giving me an option to download them from the store. It just says I've purchased them. They're showing up in my library too.

This happened to me. Turn off the PS4 completely and then it back on. Pinball Arcade main file should start downloading all tables automatically, but you won't see progress per table on the dload list. Go to the main TPA file, hit the Option button and then Info. You should see TPA's dload info for DLC active there.

Glix

Some of the tables are very fun, IMO.

The physics aren't bad, per se... They are consistent, just unrealistic. But once you've played a bunch, you can count on the physics doing what you think they are going to do. The problem, IMO, is that the ball doesn't have enough weight in FX

edit - Yeah, the leaderboard stuff is awesome and I wish PA had a setup and UI more like FX

joeblow

^^^ Own all Season One packs for the PS3/Vita? Then dload the $15 Discounted S1 pack for the PS4 (a few dollars more for the Pro version).

If not, then $30 is what you must pay. It was reduced in price last week for PS+ members though.

Siegmeyer

I just bought the Star Trek table, and their was also no option to download, it just showed up as 'Purchased'. However I loaded the game up and Star Trek was sitting in 'My Tables'.

Shaneus

You can turn off family mode in Scared Stiff with the pro upgrade for the pack that it came in.
Yeah, but that doesn't allow for high score registration as pro mode disables it :/

PS. I've read a bit more on the "after dark" thing. I think I like the idea. Hopefully it doesn't come off like a ripoff that they're still charging full price for S3 of TPA with only 10 tables *and* charging extra as well for the after dark tables.

Yeah, but that doesn't allow for high score registration as pro mode disables it :/

PS. I've read a bit more on the "after dark" thing. I think I like the idea. Hopefully it doesn't come off like a ripoff that they're still charging full price for S3 of TPA with only 10 tables *and* charging extra as well for the after dark tables.

So is it a separate front-end or just a collection of tables that can be added into the TPA front-end? I was hoping the latter but expecting the former since they'd have to do that to handle differing certification processes on platforms, perhaps, and even adding in say Playboy could invalidate TPA's E10 rating shown in its intro, right?

Top Bottom