• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pinball Arcade |OT| play them all from Soho to Brighton

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I listened to C2C episode. I am in the same boat as those who almost turned it off. Some of the conversations and comments that Kayle made were REALLY upsetting and off-putting to me. I talked to my wife about it and even she was disgusted by some of it. Too bad.

That said, 188 is on my playlist now. What I've listened to already is pretty much what I expected regarding the SM VE with comic art.
I know for 100% fact that it's coming due a conversation with a distro.

Is HS2 in S4 or S5?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I listened to C2C episode. I am in the same boat as those who almost turned it off. Some of the conversations and comments that Kayle made were REALLY upsetting and off-putting to me. I talked to my wife about it and even she was disgusted by some of it. Too bad.

That said, 188 is on my playlist now. What I've listened to already is pretty much what I expected regarding the SM VE with comic art.
I know for 100% fact that it's coming due a conversation with a distro.

Is HS2 in S4 or S5?

Which parts where so bad about it? I'm not in the pinball community per se I guess so maybe didn't take the stuff personally but it sounded pretty benign, maybe a little misguided at worst (don't anyone ever help me change a tire!). I guess she came down sort of hard on Whoa Nellie but it's nothing that Nate and other guests haven't done before. I gotta say when you look at Pinside I can see how women would feel like this -- just in terms of casual misogyny that place can get pretty bad. There are counterforces but it does seem to be the norm in a decent part of that community at least. I guess my only issue with the episode is that I didn't feel that she was able to take many of her points to a clear conclusion or even articulate specific issues in many cases, but that's true for half the guests (partly why I generally prefer just Nate talking).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Removed my huge post because I don't want to upset people.

Long and short of it is that I don't like the hyper feminist movement, and I didn't like that the episode got really heavy into that. Also, some of her "ugh...*sigh*...scoff...smh...just ugh..." etc were SUPER off putting and incredibly unprofessional. A lot of that shit did nothing to try and improve the landscape like she so heavily preached for.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I read your post, and I don't think there was anything about it unreasonable. It's not really about having to accept everything at face value or even agreeing with everything someone says (if not you're sexist) but I think mostly focused on creative ways to make things more inclusive and less threatening to women. I play competitive Netrunner, which has made a ton of efforts to this end, and I think it's really been positive for everyone involved. Makes the scene much more fun (even though it's still mostly white guys, like most nerdy things). She didn't really come off as an uber-feminist to me, more a punky woman with her own opinions and her own distaste for things that are offputting to women. Sometimes I could empathize, and sometimes I couldn't.

I guess this is a digression since this is still the TPA thread. :p But sometimes I think people are not as far apart as they might believe, unless we're talking about the jerks in Pinside thread who post T&A pics repeatedly literally just to be jerks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I read your post, and I don't think there was anything about it unreasonable. It's not really about having to accept everything at face value or even agreeing with everything someone says (if not you're sexist) but I think mostly focused on creative ways to make things more inclusive and less threatening to women. I play competitive Netrunner, which has made a ton of efforts to this end, and I think it's really been positive for everyone involved. Makes the scene much more fun (even though it's still mostly white guys, like most nerdy things). She didn't really come off as an uber-feminist to me, more a punky woman with her own opinions and her own distaste for things that are offputting to women. Sometimes I could empathize, and sometimes I couldn't.

I guess this is a digression since this is still the TPA thread. :p But sometimes I think people are not as far apart as they might believe, unless we're talking about the jerks in Pinside thread who post T&A pics repeatedly literally just to be jerks.

Yeah, maybe it's more the punk vibe she was giving off that caused some of her statements to rub me as hard as they did. I don't know how to fix the landscape (in pinball or ANY 'nerdy' hobby), but I've been fortunate to have had wonderful experiences with most men and women I've played games with (board, card, video, pinball, etc).

Also yes - jerks are jerks and they are stupid.

More pinball talk! :)

I love Genie. I want to play a Genie on location or in a private collection, because it's such a cool game. It's got a LOT of shots, too.

Shaneus

I honestly enjoyed the episode, perhaps because we don't really see much of that in Australia because there really aren't enough events for that to happen at. I don't spend much time on Pinside either (doesn't help it's blocked at work) but I've totally seen how it could be capable of making women in the pinball community feel uncomfortable. I do know the only real Australian pinball communities (Aussie Pinball and Aussie Arcade) basically have zero female presence, with the latter being a little more pinside-y in regards to how non-pinball subjects find their way into pinball threads. The former being more dedicated to pinball I guess seems to be far more focused (almost to the point of Tilt where it's almost completely about pinball, despite not really having any competition focus at all).

It seems a lot of people take issue with there being "women's only" events and that it's akin to discrimination against males, but with such a male-dominated hobby it's understandable that such leagues might be needed to allow for people to be comfortable playing competitive pinball before they play it in a (usually) less-welcoming setting.

If it results in more people playing pinball, regardless of context, I'm all for it.

Oh, and Getaway plays fucking amazing on PC. Looks great, too. Flipper physics across all tables are throwing me a little though, need to set aside more time to get used to them.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Now that they're discounted I finally bought the season packs for season 1 and 2 on PS4. I bought them on the webshop and then clicked on "Download to your PS4", that didn't do anything. On my PS4 it lists the table packs 1 through 20 as "installed", but when I start the game I still only own Tales of the Arabian Nights. Did I miss something here? I can't download the table packs and when I select "Buy Now" within the game it just tells me that this content isn't for sale anymore.

Edit: works now. Not sure why, though.

Shaneus

Getaway is now available on iOS ... Now where is my console update.
It'll be a while, I'd think :(

It plays really well on iOS, too. It can feel a little easy and I think the sounds need tweaking (often you can't hear the callouts over the music) but it's still a lot of fun.

Vyse24

So I decided to launch a game of High Speed just so I can get the last wizard goal needed, which was to score 250k on the Ramp Bonus. Not sure if the flipper physics played a part in it, but I finally nailed it, making HS another completed table.

Oh, and I also did this in the same game:
6rBUhNM.jpg
Nearly doubled my previous best.

Shaneus

Nice! Which platform? I'd assume PC, because physics.

For what it's worth, that score on any HS IRL is basically impossible to get. I wish there was something that could be done with TPA to bring scores in it in-line with realistic scores. But I don't know what, unless they can maybe disable pausing to simulate the exhaustion from playing a game for extended periods.

Velinos

I competed at Mad Rollin' Pinball on Saturday in Madison, WI. It was a lot of fun, I really like the Pingolf format. There were about 80 competitors at the event. Didn't do too well in the tournaments, but I did get to try out a lot of games that I had never played before such as Maverick, Judge Dread, The Shadow, Mousing Around, Escape From the Lost World, Wrath of Olympus, and several others. Got to meet Nate Shivers from Coast2Coast. Also got to see Charlie Emery and his son Bug from the Spooky Pinball Podcast win their first tournament, which was pretty cool. Plus we raised $3600 for a local cancer research center. I recommend this event to anyone within driving distance of southern Wisconsin.

Shaneus

Yeah, I heard all about it in both of the most recent C2C and Spooky episodes. It sounds like it was an awesome event!

Did you get to play AMH at all? And how was Wrath of Olympus?

Velinos

Did you get to play AMH at all? And how was Wrath of Olympus?

I got one game in on AMH during Pin golf. The goal was to defeat a ghost minion and I completed that on my first ball, so I didn't get much time in. The game seemed to shoot pretty well and you need to watch the kickout because it shoots the ball out fast. Apparently that machine is going on location locally, so I'll get to get more time in on it soon.

I also only got one game in on WOOLY. Both WOOLY and AMH were very popular at the event and always had people playing them. I really liked the music; 80's metal works for this game but I am told it is fully customizable. The shots are all really tight and this game makes you work for points, but the flow is really good when you make the shots. I kept hitting the posts so I didn't get to see much myself, but I did get to see more of the game from watch others play. This is definitely geared toward the experienced player or home owner who wants a challenging flow game with a deep ruleset that will keep you busy for a long time. I hope to get to play more of it in the future.

Bah, what a week get get banned (my fault).

I didn't really get a chance to talk about or respond to the talk about the story and I don't want to re-hash much.

I've never felt here that there was a misogynist aspect of the pinball scene. I think around a 1/3 of our players here are women and no one's ever had any issues with it.

I talked to my room mate Jennifer Peavler about it and what she thought. She travels to most of the big events and goes around the world to play. She said she has never had an issue with anyone disrespecting her or making comments. She usually kicks people's asses so maybe she's just earned the respect now. She really likes Whoa Nellie as well and likes the art so I can't comment there. That table's theme is a bit silly but I saw it as more of a throwback than out-right offensive.

We've got Dory Hill at the end of next week and I took 3 days vacations around it so it should be a blast.

Oh, best part. Trent Augustine is bringing his F-14 TomCat and he doesn't want to take it back to Chicago so he's parking it at our house and I'll have a change to buy it if I want.

I might, it's an amazing game but it's hard as hell.

I'm going to take one machine from the house up to the camp site and I'm deciding from Dirty Harry, World Poker Tour or Bally Eightball (my baby).

If they don't have enough solid states I'll just take 8ball but what do you think?

People try to decorate and make themes in their cabin's for the tables. I don't know if we could full on decorate but I had a great idea for Dirty Harry where I set up a little desk on the cabin porch, put on a suit and just berate people playing like the generic police captain. Tell everyone how the Mayor's up my ass about thier crappy pin play.

Shaneus

You could do a good theme for each of those tables. Playing cards for WPT and maybe some pool chalk, a cue and a bar (or a mini pool table thing) for 8-Ball.

Jealous of you housing Trent's F-14 (or anything of his, TBH). Still one of my favourite PAPA videos is from a few years ago when it just destroyed everyone (just destroyed Massenkoff less). 14? 16 maybe? Todd MacCullough was commentating with Bowen.

Would be great if they could base the look and feel off the beautiful intro and not try to do what Stern always does and just have everything be 'Stark Multiball' 'Lannister Multiball' 'Greyjoy Multiball' with random quotes from the actors :p

Shaneus

Would be great if they could base the look and feel off the beautiful intro and not try to do what Stern always does and just have everything be 'Stark Multiball' 'Lannister Multiball' 'Greyjoy Multiball' with random quotes from the actors :p
I'm hoping it comes out more like LotR, but Stern haven't come out with a deep, interesting game like that for a while. And it's a Steve Ritchie machine... I can't see a lot of depth and variety coming from him (as much as I adore his work). Just look at ST... great game, but there really aren't that many shots. And more shots = less flow != Steve Ritchie.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Wonder what happened to the Fast and the Furious license that was rumored. With the seventh movie breaking records, now was the time to give me a licensed threequel to High Speed.

Shaneus

Wonder what happened to the Fast and the Furious license that was rumored. With the seventh movie breaking records, now was the time to give me a licensed threequel to High Speed.
Yeah, I was hoping that SSR would be lined up to do that, but when you have to squeeze a license into a fast, flowy game it would surely become convoluted. He needs High Speed 3 to be an original theme where he can do whatever the hell he wants without pandering to a license.

Funnily enough, I asked Steve Ritchie at a presentation thing he did at Texas in 2014 if he'd perhaps do a sequel to one of his early franchises, like High Speed 3 or Black Knight 3000. I think he went on to say "We don't make sequels. This is Stern, damnit!" or something.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
It appears that Farsight has run into some licensing roadblocks on their Virtual Pin product so cab support has been put on indefinite hold.

All the PinCab people that have been waiting are pretty frustrated(myself included)

So I started working on an alternative to get the dmd on a secondary monitor and NoEx is gonna try to incorporate and automate it into his Camera Mod.

Thread talking about progress is here.
http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/4172-Details-on-PC-Cabinet-support-for-TPA/page12

Heres couple vids of progress so far.
Got it all working just need it automated..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMp9YoiYx2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ForpwqvPY1Q

Shaneus

I can hardly say I'm surprised. If I had to guess, I'd say they had probably known about licensing issues for quite a while but held off saying anything official. It's weird, I don't know why they'd have problems with licensing, but... eh.

Velinos

You guys see pictures of GoT Pro/Prem/LE? The Pro looks hilariously bad. They removed SO much from it. SMH

I agree. There has been rampant speculation that the 1500 or so The Hobbit pre-orders would jump ship as soon as Game of Thrones was released, but I am not so sure at this point. If the Premium version with the upper playfield was released as the Pro, then there wouldt be cause for concern. But right now the Premium (MSRP $7595) is priced real close to The Hobbit (MSRP $8000) and with The Hobbit you get the full LCD screen, near finished and extremely deep code, cool playfield popups, and other goodies. My guess is that the license was not cheap and that the Pro model suffered because of it. I may consider a Premium in the future, but that is only after I have played it and the code has been fleshed out. Still looking forward to getting my The Hobbit.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I agree. There has been rampant speculation that the 1500 or so The Hobbit pre-orders would jump ship as soon as Game of Thrones was released, but I am not so sure at this point. If the Premium version with the upper playfield was released as the Pro, then there wouldt be cause for concern. But right now the Premium (MSRP $7595) is priced real close to The Hobbit (MSRP $8000) and with The Hobbit you get the full LCD screen, near finished and extremely deep code, cool playfield popups, and other goodies. My guess is that the license was not cheap and that the Pro model suffered because of it. I may consider a Premium in the future, but that is only after I have played it and the code has been fleshed out. Still looking forward to getting my The Hobbit.

After watching new Hobbit videos, I definitely take back my original complaints on the play field feeling too bare and whatnot. The way the popups are incorporated, as well as the overall "experience" is definitely huge. Definitely a smart purchase (given that the price has gone up so much). However, I DO love how busy WoZ is - I wish I could spring for one.

Velinos

Here is a comparison shot of the Pro and the Premium/LE.

449143.jpg

449178.jpg

449188.jpg

The Pro looks lacking at first glance compared with the Premium/LE, but who knows how it will play. The more I look at it, the more I find myself not liking either version. My main issue is the art. The backglass for all versions look meh, though the trim on the LE looks cool. The playfield art is also rather blah and somewhat distracting. Also, not really sure what the upper playfield castle is supposed to represent in the books.

Shaneus

You guys see pictures of GoT Pro/Prem/LE? The Pro looks hilariously bad. They removed SO much from it. SMH
Having said that, I think I'd like the way the pro plays more than the premium. As a fast, flowy Ritchie table goes, the pro of AC/DC plays far better than the premium/LE., I think that'll be the case for GoT as well.

Art sucks balls, too. But yeah, the biggest surprise for me is the disparity between the pro and other versions. Oh, and that it's still using a standard DMD. Stern being left behind in the dark ages.

And on this vs. Hobbit, I'm almost inclined to think it'll be the other way around, with Hobbit stealing customers away from this. Full LCD and solid code FROM THE BEGINNING? Hell, I'm a Steve Ritchie fan, not a big fan of either themes and I know which one I'd go for.

You know that huge plastic ramp on the Pro is going to last maybe a week before weakening/warping given Stern's usual build quality
Their plastic ramps have been fine recently, yes? My RBION has no issues and I haven't seen any complaints about the numerous plastic ramps on Star Trek.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm already biased against GoT, not being a fan, so grain of salt I suppose, but: I just think that Photoshop stuff is corny as hell. Get a real artist and make your game relatively timeless like Metallica et. al. Fantasy Flight was able to do it for their card game just fine. I was going to see if the art on the playfield suffered from the same fate, but there appears to be very little playfield art period.

snaffles

Some of you folks live in Colorado right? I am going to be over there for a week and was looking to get some pinball in. I will be in Colorado Springs and Denver and will have a car so I don't mind travelling a bit. Any recommendations on where to visit would be welcomed.

I'm already biased against GoT, not being a fan, so grain of salt I suppose, but: I just think that Photoshop stuff is corny as hell. Get a real artist and make your game relatively timeless like Metallica et. al. Fantasy Flight was able to do it for their card game just fine. I was going to see if the art on the playfield suffered from the same fate, but there appears to be very little playfield art period.

It's a tricky balance, clearly the creators of the card game looked at the economics of the GOT license and went their own way by paying more for an artist to create original works while they spent the rest of their budget on game design and play testing.

Stern's thinking was probably "Nobody wants GoT pinball unless we also get actor likenesses, including voice and video work" which substantially increases the cost of producing the table, leaving less for things like original design/artwork, whereas the cost of designing, programming and manufacturing the table probably can't be altered very much.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It's a tricky balance, clearly the creators of the card game looked at the economics of the GOT license and went their own way by paying more for an artist to create original works while they spent the rest of their budget on game design and play testing.

Stern's thinking was probably "Nobody wants GoT pinball unless we also get actor likenesses, including voice and video work" which substantially increases the cost of producing the table, leaving less for things like original design/artwork, whereas the cost of designing, programming and manufacturing the table probably can't be altered very much.

Yeah, definitely. It's idiosyncratic but I feel like these TV shows have such a short shelf life in terms of resonance, and I also think actual pictures just look corny and cheap as hell generally (especially the way Stern implements them), but from a market perspective they're the experts. Just a personal-taste thing for me.

Shaneus

Yeah, definitely. It's idiosyncratic but I feel like these TV shows have such a short shelf life in terms of resonance, and I also think actual pictures just look corny and cheap as hell generally (especially the way Stern implements them), but from a market perspective they're the experts. Just a personal-taste thing for me.
That's exactly the problem I have with Stern licensing in general as well. They pick themes based on fads (with some exceptions, like Metallica, AC/DC etc.) that will just never have any appeal to me. That, and they're rarely family friendly. I've mentioned some of these in the past, but I think these at least would sell well and appeal to more than just Joe Mancave:
* Muppets (either original or new movies)
* Rocky Horror

Velinos

That's exactly the problem I have with Stern licensing in general as well. They pick themes based on fads (with some exceptions, like Metallica, AC/DC etc.) that will just never have any appeal to me. That, and they're rarely family friendly. I've mentioned some of these in the past, but I think these at least would sell well and appeal to more than just Joe Mancave:
* Muppets (either original or new movies)
* Rocky Horror

I agree that the themes a lot of times tend to be fads, mostly popular movies. But I would say that Star Trek, Avengers, Iron Man, and Shrek were all family friendly themes that were released in recent years. A Muppets pinball would be cool though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Oh man, hearing Teresa on Coast2Coast just lay into GoT Pinball was hilarious. She didn't hold back at all like Nate usually does.

But I would say that Star Trek, Avengers, Iron Man, and Shrek were all family friendly themes that were released in recent years. A Muppets pinball would be cool though.
I guess maybe it's a semantic issue -- I'm more thinking of family titles, like titles people of all ages can enjoy. I would definitely exclude the first three from that group unless we're just counting boys. Shrek I personally hate and throw into the Family Guy pile of sophomoric animated crap, but I guess it's a bit closer? I take your point though that "family friendly" is broader and just means stuff that's not outright offensive in some respects (metallica, AC/DC, walking dead). Just venting :)

Blu10

Oh man, hearing Teresa on Coast2Coast just lay into GoT Pinball was hilarious. She didn't hold back at all like Nate usually does.

I guess maybe it's a semantic issue -- I'm more thinking of family titles, like titles people of all ages can enjoy. I would definitely exclude the first three from that group unless we're just counting boys. Shrek I personally hate and throw into the Family Guy pile of sophomoric animated crap, but I guess it's a bit closer? I take your point though that "family friendly" is broader and just means stuff that's not outright offensive in some respects (metallica, AC/DC, walking dead). Just venting :)

Not sure what your ideal family friendly theme would be, but there is a guy working on a nightmare before Christmas table that looks amazing.

Shaneus

Yeah, it was hilarious but also a little tragic. She basically echoed what my girlfriend thought of the table (and she's not into pinball at all).

I have a very specific idea of what I consider falls into that group, and I'm pretty sure we're on the same page. Wizard of Oz is an amazing example of picking a great theme, as is Thunderbirds by Homepin (at least, for those of us in the UK and Australia who've heard of it).

It needs to be something that's not a fad, or doesn't fit into the "so hot right now" basket. Kid friendly is a bonus, but even without that I can think of licenses that should do well at both arcades and mancaves:

Kid-friendly:
Muppets
Futurama
The Incredibles
Dr. Who

And non-kid friendly:
Blues Brothers
Spinal Tap
Team America
Shaun of the Dead (but zombies again)
Die Hard Trilogy
Italian Job
Cannonball Run (could be done like Red & Ted, across the country thing)
Super Troopers
Classic James Bond

Basically, anything that's run it's course and is proven to be a theme people will come back to and enjoy. There's no way of telling what new themes would work, which is why they should do some classic ones (that aren't alienating, like most music themes they've picked, which cater almost exclusively to middle-aged men).

Sad thing is about Shrek is that it's probably (still) used by Gary Stern as an excuse not to do a kid-friendly machine. Doesn't help that it has the most annoying theme song and characters.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That GoT table looks like it's not any fun at all.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah, it was hilarious but also a little tragic. She basically echoed what my girlfriend thought of the table (and she's not into pinball at all).

I have a very specific idea of what I consider falls into that group, and I'm pretty sure we're on the same page. Wizard of Oz is an amazing example of picking a great theme, as is Thunderbirds by Homepin (at least, for those of us in the UK and Australia who've heard of it).

It needs to be something that's not a fad, or doesn't fit into the "so hot right now" basket. Kid friendly is a bonus, but even without that I can think of licenses that should do well at both arcades and mancaves:

Kid-friendly:
Muppets
Futurama
The Incredibles
Dr. Who

And non-kid friendly:
Blues Brothers
Spinal Tap
Team America
Shaun of the Dead (but zombies again)
Die Hard Trilogy
Italian Job
Cannonball Run (could be done like Red & Ted, across the country thing)
Super Troopers
Classic James Bond

Basically, anything that's run it's course and is proven to be a theme people will come back to and enjoy. There's no way of telling what new themes would work, which is why they should do some classic ones (that aren't alienating, like most music themes they've picked, which cater almost exclusively to middle-aged men).

Sad thing is about Shrek is that it's probably (still) used by Gary Stern as an excuse not to do a kid-friendly machine. Doesn't help that it has the most annoying theme song and characters.
Man, if the Disney IP vault was made available for pins...just imagine the possibilities. It's kind of "of the moment" in a way, but I would be there Day One for the LE of a Frozen pin. Toy Story would definitely meet the test-of-time qualification, have insanely broad appeal, and so many options for a pin. That's all just a pipe dream though sadly.

Shaneus

That GoT table looks like it's not any fun at all.
I actually think the Pro GoT looks like a hell of a lot of fun without the upper playfield. Not to the point where I'd consider buying one, but I bet it would play fast as hell.

Man, if the Disney IP vault was made available for pins...just imagine the possibilities. It's kind of "of the moment" in a way, but I would be there Day One for the LE of a Frozen pin. Toy Story would definitely meet the test-of-time qualification, have insanely broad appeal, and so many options for a pin. That's all just a pipe dream though sadly.
Toy Story (might as well make it the trilogy) and Incredibles would both be insane. I think there's more chance of us seeing another Dreamworks theme though, sadly... and they always never feel quite right to me. Except for How to Train Your Dragon and maybe Kung Fu Panda. They *could* be good themes.

And wasn't Tron a Disney movie? Hmmm.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
That layout, on both tables just looks...dull? Not bad, just dull. Like, someone unfamiliar's impression of what a pinball machine layout is.

The pro looks a little bit better

WooHoo! All packed up and I'm heading up to the mountains for 3 days of pinball. I took some extra vacation time so I'm off all next week.

Hopefully I come back with that f-14.

I've got my camera so I'll take some pictures.

Shaneus

So kind of news but kind of not news, IGN reported that Pinball FX were bringing Stern physical releases to TPA in the future, both new and old. But this has been corrected (from PAF):

Correction on IGN:

"Game of Thrones pinball will not be available in digital form at launch, but Dankberg says they are working on digitizing Stern games from the past and present with FarSight Studios. The ultimate goal is to one day co-release a digital and physical version of a pinball machine."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09...chine-first-images-details-and-release-window

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So kind of news but kind of not news, IGN reported that Pinball FX were bringing Stern physical releases to TPA in the future, both new and old. But this has been corrected (from PAF):

Correction on IGN:

"Game of Thrones pinball will not be available in digital form at launch, but Dankberg says they are working on digitizing Stern games from the past and present with FarSight Studios. The ultimate goal is to one day co-release a digital and physical version of a pinball machine."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09...chine-first-images-details-and-release-window

The question becomes what they charge for these modern Stern titles released in digital format. I wouldn't be surprised if we see $20+.

Top Bottom