• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletcher

Speaking of flat files. I need to buy one, but don't really feel like spending a fortune on one. Any recommendations on a more affordable one?

I can't believe I missed out on another Jurassic Park print. I am destined never to get one from that series. And that would have been the easiest one to buy! Doesn't help it's one of my favorite posters I've seen for it.

Speaking of flat files. I need to buy one, but don't really feel like spending a fortune on one. Any recommendations on a more affordable one?

Craigslist if you're in a major metropolitan area, or local auctions if you're not. Government buildings have shit-tons of them and they often go up for sale when you see an auction of city or county property. (that's how I got mine)

omgkitty

Oh....hello there.

8496978680_5e38d0501d_c.jpg

Chairhome

Slightly off-topic, but I've been trying to get this poster forever. There was an ebay auction a few days ago but it went too high for me. I'll settle for the original instead of the remaster (it was remastered and released by Starwarsshop.com a few years ago). Empire Strikes Back by Noriyoshi Ohrai. Anybody have any leads?

Sushigod7

Slightly off-topic, but I've been trying to get this poster forever. There was an ebay auction a few days ago but it went too high for me. I'll settle for the original instead of the remaster (it was remastered and released by Starwarsshop.com a few years ago). Empire Strikes Back by Noriyoshi Ohrai. Anybody have any leads?

That thing is sweet would love that myself if there is some kind of reprint.

On a separate note I will be trying like hell to get that Le Mis print hopefully the internet god loves me that day.

edit: So how rare is the Mondo Poltergeist LP going to be? Is that a limited deal or going to run awhile?

edit: So how rare is the Mondo Poltergeist LP going to be? Is that a limited deal or going to run awhile?

I'm guessing it'll be like the "Deadly Spawn" LP: "Limited" but they don't actually say how limited. We'll get updates on twitter when they're getting close to selling out, but I think this one will sell out quicker than that one.

HTuran

Yeah, it's the red, white & blue. Red sky kind of ruins the lovely old feel he was going for, IMO. Love the smoke and cloud patterns.

IronRinn

Ah, of course! Can't believe I missed that.

I missed it the first time too, until I looked at it on my phone and it filled the whole screen. Just subtle enough to catch me by surprise. Excellent work from Moss.

Edit: And looking at it on a bigger screen now, it's even more impressive. Really like the fine, etched line work. The detail in the building and foreground. The figure is very well done. Very nice piece from him. I just wish I had any interest in the movie.

Sushigod7

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

I never have luck with mondo, can a gaffer help me out just in case? I can handle any shipping as well.

I've only got one so far so doing good to get one if this happens. I'm going to try and get them all when they post but shit I have a 1 yr old daughter doubtful I can sit there for 4 hrs and F5. Hope to get at least one of them!

Mr. F

Banned
The Les Mis print looks gorgeous, and I don't even care about the movie/musical. Tempting, wish I wasn't working today to keep an eye on the page.

Dark Knight

Neo Member
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

I never have luck with mondo, can a gaffer help me out just in case? I can handle any shipping as well.

All I want is a Zero Dark Thirty print. I doubt they'll have one, but I won't be around my computer tonight to snag one. If a gaffer ends up picking one up: I'll make it worth your while.

Sushigod7

I'm going to attempt to get everything that drops hopefully my daughter will be asleep by 8:30 so I can just sit and F5 while watching.

SO are they going to drop Stout Django for best movie nomination or best director.
Best screenplay is way too early in the nominations, and it def seems that if there is a Stout, that would be the last drop

Sigma722

SO are they going to drop Stout Django for best movie nomination or best director.
Best screenplay is way too early in the nominations, and it def seems that if there is a Stout, that would be the last drop

This is what frustrates me. If they save a secret heavy hitter for last, people will be expecting it, like with Moss Bride of Frankenstein. Will absolutely kill the site. I would much rather them drop it randomly earlier, even if that means it "peaks" the nights drops, and it is downhill afterwards.

Axiom

Some quick pics of some of the new things I got framed recently.

i7lUHY4F1rvxt.jpg

My Bioshock: Infinite Songbird poster

iTDGpFlQyGy7O.jpg

My new Doctor Who and Black Widow prints.

Though I'm not sure if I'll keep them in that spot. I really rather liked the Bond girls that Black Widow has taken the spot of.

ibepywg2fsCVgi.jpg

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
there's an advanced mode where you set the check intervals, i have no idea how it cant be 'fast enough'

There's a small window of time on Mondo drops where the prints are up and the site isn't running like molasses. Every time I've used Page Monitor it just doesn't check fast enough compared to mashing F5, even when you've got it set to the fastest interval.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
There's a small window of time on Mondo drops where the prints are up and the site isn't running like molasses. Every time I've used Page Monitor it just doesn't check fast enough compared to mashing F5, even when you've got it set to the fastest interval.

to each their own then, cheers!

swoon

and thus a battle for the ages has been set.

old timer with new tech vs. young upstart with nimble fingers. who will win!?

I used to use Page Monitor in Chrome, but I've found that being super dedicated and just F5'ing relentlessly you can get it the INSTANT it drops, the site works fine and I get in and out super fast. I still have it on as a back-up but I'm usually already carting it before page monitor might even go off.

Also my prediction: No Stout drop tonight.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
and thus a battle for the ages has been set.

old timer with new tech vs. young upstart with nimble fingers. who will win!?

i actually love the idea of someone sitting in front of a computer hitting F5 every second for 3 hours just to land a mediocre at best stout print, im not sure why im trying to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom