• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Had to step away from my desk for a bit but knew I'd be back by 11:00. Phone buzzed in my pocket at 10:50.. I was so disappointed. Really wanted that JC print. Ahh well, what can ya do. More money to spend tomorrow perhaps.

Got North of The Wall that went well. Harbinger reg didn't sell out very fast, it is now though.

So did they actually have the Danger print? Or was it a mistake? Strange they took it down.

It was pretty strange. I was just F5ing the page and I saw it pop up. Checked out as fast as I could and got a confirmation email. Went back to the page and it was gone.

For anyone who missed out on mondo, or didnt, check this out, absorb some cool art.
Raid71_exhibition_orange_flyer_grande.jpg

Preview sale live, right now, at http://www.bottleneckgallery.com

It was pretty strange. I was just F5ing the page and I saw it pop up. Checked out as fast as I could and got a confirmation email. Went back to the page and it was gone.

They usually remove it asap for surprise drops. The last surprise drop I can recall was the one for They Live, some time last year. and then the edgar wright triple feature by kevin tong.

Meier

For anyone who missed out on mondo, or didnt, check this out, absorb some cool art.
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0182/2915/files/Raid71_exhibition_orange_flyer_grande.jpg?664[IMG]

Preview sale live, right now, at [URL="http://www.bottleneckgallery.com"]http://www.bottleneckgallery.com[/URL][/QUOTE]

The Woody Allen print is really great.

I was able to snag a Richard! My failure during the Oscars drop had shaken my belief in my Mondo checkout ability to its core. Happy to be back on the horse :)

Sushigod7

Picked up the Woody Allen. The Warriors print is gone.

I like that one too. Almost got Godzilla and Ghostbusters but the later sold out so didn't get either.

Mondo is going to have some crazy shipping going on with the Oscar show all the events and this. Wow no wonder they said yup it's going to take 4-6 to get your Oscar stuff.

The Woody Allen print is really great.

Yeah Raid did a great job with the whole Manhattan theme.
He also flew all the way from the UK and will be at the show tomorrow night. If anyone can make it hope to see you there, the NY expressobeans chapter always pops in :).

THough it saids sold out, this was just the preview sale so all the prints will be available at the show Friday night, and the rest will go on sale Sat morning.

Thanks to everyone who checked out the site, now, to solely pay attention to the Stout/Taylor show :)

omgkitty

I don't know if anyone here is going to the Stout / Taylor show tomorrow, but I need some help getting the Drive print. If anyone can help, I have a Moss Cloud print I'm offering for getting me one.

images

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeah Raid did a great job with the whole Manhattan theme.
He also flew all the way from the UK and will be at the show tomorrow night. If anyone can make it hope to see you there, the NY expressobeans chapter always pops in :).
I keep meaning to drop by but never do. Might do it tomorrow, we'll see how work goes.

PBY

Banned
Does that mean its dropping soon?

Sorry, I'm naive about this stuff- te LP is really the onl y thing I reeeeally don't wanna miss.

WEGGLES

Yay. Girlfriend nabbed a poster for me, the red Game of thrones one.
Boo. I have to wait until my birthday. In October. The end of October. ;_;

Sushigod7

Yay. Girlfriend nabbed a poster for me, the red Game of thrones one.
Boo. I have to wait until my birthday. In October. The end of October. ;_;

Can't you guys just hang it now and say it's your present? Or just give her the money for it so you can display it! Don't wait 7 months! Don't leave it in the tube that long either.

Meier

Mondo tweeted last night there were over 100 people in line already (at 11:16 CDT) for the Stout/Taylor show. Man, I dunno what to do about tonight. :|

BFYNblACYAE8DhS.jpg:large

This was at 1:35 from the dude who is first in line.. I can't believe people are okay with all those folks leaving the line. I'd be like fuck you, your chair doesn't save your space.

Risible

Guys... I have a line on probably my biggest ISO.

It'll take a little while, but it (they) will be mine...

If it is the Stout Star Wars, please let me know how much you paid for it (if you don't mind). I'm strapped like a motherfucker and am going to have to sell mine off :(. I'd like to know what I can expect for them...

IronRinn

If it is the Stout Star Wars, please let me know how much you paid for it (if you don't mind). I'm strapped like a motherfucker and am going to have to sell mine off :(. I'd like to know what I can expect for them...

Few people on EB offering ~$1000.00 for the set. Few on eBay have gone for ~$1400.00 though.

If you're talking about just A New Hope you're probably looking at $350.00-$400.00 I would think.

sophora

what the hell, you can't all just leave the line and come back later

cmon son

True that, if you're gonna spend the time to get there early to get in line, do the work and actually stay in line till the show opens. I understand being nice about letting people get away to go use the restroom or something but that's just lame especially for how many people in line already :T

Meier

True that, if you're gonna spend the time to get there early to get in line, do the work and actually stay in line till the show opens. I understand being nice about letting people get away to go use the restroom or something but that's just lame especially for how many people in line already :T

Yeah that's crazy. Stepping out is okay but that's like 10+ chairs with no one in em. They lose their spot if I'm behind them. I'd literally walk ahead and just move the chairs back a space (or spaces in this case).

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
they are checking the list vs. the line. Most of the folks missing overnight were sleeping in their cars.

still, absolute insanity. mockingbird and I had been talking about flying out... and I'm sure tonight I'll still sort of regret it when there is some hyper low Stout variant run or something

Meier

they are checking the list vs. the line. Most of the folks missing overnight were sleeping in their cars.

still, absolute insanity. mockingbird and I had been talking about flying out... and I'm sure tonight I'll still sort of regret it when there is some hyper low Stout variant run or something

That shit wouldn't and shouldn't fly. You leave the line for more than a few minutes, you lose your place.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
That shit wouldn't and shouldn't fly. You leave the line for more than a few minutes, you lose your place.

meh, if you are sleeping uncomfortably nearby and return to your chair in the morning, it should be ok.

still essentially losing that time to be in the immediate radius of the line and gallery.

Meier

Got stuck at work (not that that made a HUGE difference). Line is indescribably long. Not even going to bother. Such is life.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
or just don't wait in line and come back at 10pm tonight... they'll still be going.

so glad I didn't fly out. The rumors of Stout Jurassic Park and Stout Back to the Future were not to be

Sushigod7

or just don't wait in line and come back at 10pm tonight... they'll still be going.

so glad I didn't fly out. The rumors of Stout Jurassic Park and Stout Back to the Future were not to be

That would have been a epic trip though if it was true and a good story to go with it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
That would have been a epic trip though if it was true and a good story to go with it.

yeah, mockingbird and I were really considering it. And the rumors were crazy. I mean, good usually right sources SWORE there would be Stout Jurassic Park. Taylor Lord of the Rings was another rumor (and he's admitted he's working on it)

Honestly, I do really like some of the prints, Watchmen is great. American Werewolf will be killer in person and I bet would look awesome next to Halloween. Attack the Block is amazing. The Labrynth is sweet. The Drive City is great. And a metal or Wood stout would be an amazing thing to tuck away.

BUT - nothing there would get too high into my framing queue, so it's a little bit of a relief.

Meier

Thought about it but ended up staying at a SXSW showcase for a looong time and just got out. I'll try and go tomorrow if I get time. Have to search out some pics online in the mean time.

Man, the other Stout Drive is great! All of Ken's stuff is incredible with that First Blood one in particular being very impressive. Not one I'd ever buy but a Sly fan would lose their shit for it I'm sure. For those curious, here are some pics of the different prints: http://collider.com/ken-taylor-watchmen-poster-metropolis-poster-mondo/ and http://www.slashfilm.com/exclusive-...ch-as-attack-the-block-un-prophete-and-drive/. I'll go to Artstock tomorrow and get Ken to sign my Drive print.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Thought about it but ended up staying at a SXSW showcase for a looong time and just got out. I'll try and go tomorrow if I get time. Have to search out some pics online in the mean time.

Man, the other Stout Drive is great! All of Ken's stuff is incredible with that First Blood one in particular being very impressive. Not one I'd ever buy but a Sly fan would lose their shit for it I'm sure. For those curious, here are some pics of the different prints: http://collider.com/ken-taylor-watchmen-poster-metropolis-poster-mondo/ and http://www.slashfilm.com/exclusive-...ch-as-attack-the-block-un-prophete-and-drive/. I'll go to Artstock tomorrow and get Ken to sign my Drive print.

you know you could still go now and get in line, right? haha

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o

Damn, I really want that Watchmen now. Too many good prints. I'm never going to have enough wall space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom