• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

Really want a Taylor Metropolis. Amazing print. Second Stout poster for Drive is much better than the first and the letterpress is better than both. Like the Labyrinth handbill as well. Are they really going to dump all of these on a Sunday? That's going to suck.

Axiom

I literally gasped when I saw the Metropolis, and it's the first time I've ever really wanted a variant that much more than the standard.

Man, I want that as badly as I wanted the Moss Black Widow - I need less elusive taste.

UP NOW:

American Horror Story: Asylum by Phantom City Creative

AHS-Poster_large.jpeg

screenprint
14 x 24 inches
numbered edition of 150
inspired by American Horror Story: Asylum
$30 (only 16 left in-stock)

How to buy online: http://nineteeneightyeight.com/prod...yfest-2013-honors-american-horror-story-print

IronRinn

Variant is very nice. Think I'm going to stick to the regular in trying to track one of these down. $200+ is just too much for me.

rinemy

Banned
Quoted:
"Start your engines! Acidfree Gallery, Hasbro and Tom Whalen bring you a selection of AUTOBOT racers in this new limited edition screen print. AUTOBOT Invitational features JAZZ, WHEELJACK and MIRAGE "rolling out" toward the finish in this amazing 5-color screen print. Available for purchase on Friday, 3/22 at 12:30pm EST!"

AUTOBOT Invitational 18x24
$50, Edition Size: 150
$150 Canvas, Edition Size: 5
autobotinvitational-reg-web.png

AUTOBOT Invitational Variant 18x24
$65, Edition Size: 65
autobotinvitational-var-web.png

lupinko

Quoted:
"Start your engines! Acidfree Gallery, Hasbro and Tom Whalen bring you a selection of AUTOBOT racers in this new limited edition screen print. AUTOBOT Invitational features JAZZ, WHEELJACK and MIRAGE "rolling out" toward the finish in this amazing 5-color screen print. Available for purchase on Friday, 3/22 at 12:30pm EST!"

AUTOBOT Invitational 18x24
$50, Edition Size: 150
autobotinvitational-reg-web.png

AUTOBOT Invitational Variant 18x24
$65, Edition Size: 65
autobotinvitational-var-web.png

This is one of the few times where I like the variant more. I'll ponder this one.

IronRinn

Did one of you jerks grab that Metropolis for $68.00? I thought I got a good deal by grabbing one for under a hundred. Looks like I over-paid.

Sigma722

It looks like he might have the variant pictured, but it was for a reg, so that might be part of it. Still a good price for the reg though.

Meier

I'm not sure what Metropolis even is, maybe others are the same?

Great silent film from Fritz Lang.. one of the very early examples of sci-fi. Highly recommended. It was the inspiration for an excellent manga of the same name from Osamu Tezuka that became a GREAT film as well that was directed by the guy who did the Galaxy Express films.

Wow... how did that not get snatched up higher?

No clue! I hope that dude in this thread snagged it. It was like $52 when I linked to it with 1.5 hours left.

Omie

There's going to be a lotto for them. If you miss out on the lotto then ebay. Mondo might have some saved for online sales, but not too confident about that.

I think all the Stout Drive prints are sold out, so I don't know if any them will drop. The Drive Soundtrack with the artwork is dropping on the 22nd. I'm looking to get that vinyl, so if anyone has a spare, help a brotha out!

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I think all the Stout Drive prints are sold out, so I don't know if any them will drop. The Drive Soundtrack with the artwork is dropping on the 22nd. I'm looking to get that vinyl, so if anyone has a spare, help a brotha out!

Artists usually get a number of prints to sell on the side.

Nice job with the Facebook storefront, Mockingbird!

Thanks. Hope people are still interested!

UP NOW:

Your Kingdom Awaits by Steven Thomas

WDINT386.jpg

Limited Edition Giclee on Paper
150 piece hand-numbered edition
Comes with Certificate of Authenticity
signed by the artist Steve Thomas
Measurements: 13" x 19" (paper size)
$89. Also Available framed. Also available in a canvas edition for $225 in an edition of 95.

How to buy online: http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/search.jhtm?category=439&keywords=WDINT386+WDINT386P

Skull Rock by Steven Thomas

WDINT385.jpg

Limited Edition Giclee on Paper
150 piece hand-numbered edition
Comes with Certificate of Authenticity
signed by the artist Steve Thomas
Measurements: 13" x 19" (paper size)
$89. Also Available framed. Also available in a canvas edition for $225 in an edition of 95.

How to buy online: http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/search.jhtm?category=439&keywords=WDINT385+WDINT385P

3/22/2013:

Alien by Peter Ferk

ALN01SS.jpg

Retail price $50.00
signed by the artist Peter Ferk
200 piece silk screen limited edition
17″ x 22″
printed by Grow Your Own Media
begins shipping the week of March 25th

How to buy online: http://darkinkart.com/alien/ @ a random time.

Alien Variant Edition by Peter Ferk

ALN01VSS.jpg

Retail price $50.00
signed by the artist Peter Ferk
50 piece silk screen limited edition
17″ x 22″
begins shipping the week of March 25th

How to buy online: http://darkinkart.com/alien-variant/ @ a random time.

3/26/2013:

Dangerous by James Silvani

WDINT396.jpg

Retail price $50.00
signed by the artist James Silvani
250 piece silk screen limited edition
18″ x 24″
begins shipping March 28th

How to buy online: http://darkinkart.com/dangerous/ @ a random time.

Dangerous Variant Edition by James Silvani

WDINT396V.jpg

Retail price $50.00
signed by the artist James Silvani
50 piece silk screen limited edition
18″ x 24″
begins shipping March 28th

How to buy online: http://darkinkart.com/dangerous-variant/ @ a random time.

Meier

Finally was able to stop by the gallery since we were busy all Saturday with SXSW stuff and they are closed on Sunday and Monday.

Still some Stout Attack the Block and The Prophet available. All Drive prints sold out sadly. Was really hopeful to pair one with my Taylor. :( Did get a vinyl though. Have not opened it to see if its pink or not.

Plenty of Ken Taylor available apparently. They are all absolutely stunning in person..Hannibal is incredible. Not sure if there were Watchmen left or not. Just can't bring myself to spend $75 on the variant with the wedding coming up. Ahh well.

Edit: Black vinyl. :( They're only $25 btw for those curious.

IronRinn

They're so beautiful. Wish I was familiar with the series, would definitely buy one if I was. Still haven't listened to it before though as I'm not a podcast guy.

Man, if you haven't, you should give it a listen. I think it's one of the best gaming podcasts around.

KlotePino

Just picked up the red one, still doubting my decision because they're both beautiful. I haven't listened to the show yet but I just couldn't resist picking this up :(. I'll definitely check it out though so hopefully that sort of makes up for it.

Sushigod7

They're so beautiful. Wish I was familiar with the series, would definitely buy one if I was. Still haven't listened to it before though as I'm not a podcast guy.

It's not your typical podcast he does an amazing job it's all done professionally and worth multiple listens.

Sushigod7

Well it sold out and the eBay prices are double face value. Flippers are ridiculous hope no one jumps on them at that price. It's a great piece though nice work!

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Poster by Phantom City Creative. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 340. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Poster by Phantom City Creative. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 165. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $70

Poster by Vania Zouravliov. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 200. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Poster by Vania Zouravliov. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 200. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Easy passes for me. The Vania looks amazing, but that messed up Dany face is a bit weird looking and I'm a bit spent after last week.

Mr. F

Banned
My Fringe Focus Wall-E "Directive" print finally arrived, looks gorgeous. Sorry for the total newbie question (this is the first print I've bought) - any special considerations to think about when framing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom