• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this type of poster isn't what this thread's for, but anybody have an opinion on allposters.com? And is giclee printing worth the money?

I was thinking of ordering this http://www.allposters.com/-sp/X-Men...r-Phoenix-Grey-and-Jean-Posters_i7381706_.htm

Depends per the manufacturer when it comes to giclees. I don't know if allposters.com's giclee printing is good or not -- and you can't tell until you either order it or if someone else has taken the plunge. That looks like a bootleg that you'd be ordering, however.

johnsmith

remember me
Isn't it possible they licensed the art? That's a pretty big site that's been around for a while. Not one of those ebay sellers based in hong kong/taiwan.

rinemy

Banned
Yeah, I think that's the general consensus... although the PCC variant sold out FWIW.

After zooming into the PCC one it looks great but there's so much white space around. I felt they should've added more. Definitely looks good in that blood/crimson red though.

kaskade

Is the drive soundtrack still coming out tomorrow? Figured we would have seen a tweet for it by now.

I'm bummed that I won't be able to get my hands on that Taxi Driver poster though. It would have matched the colors in my theater room perfectly.

Just a reminder, these two will be up for pre-order at 12 PM PAC. If you have Print #0 I will match numbers, if possible. Just make sure you mention in the Paypal notes area what number you'd like.

3/21/2013 - 3/25/2013:

Game & Print Club Release #2: The Daughter of the Chozo (Regular Edition) by Chris Koehler ( http://chriskoehler.com/ )

final_blueforweb_zps900c11b5.jpg

Pre-Requisite: You must meet at least 1 of the following 3 requirements:

A. Own at least 1 game in the Metroid series.
B. Own a Wii U console.
C. Own a 3DS handheld.

Size: 10"x8"
Printing Technique: Giclee
Paper: Smooth, Fine Art, Moab Entrada Rag Natural 290 gsm, 21.5 mil, archival
Printed by: Giclee Today
Final Edition Size: Timed, limited-edition, TBD. Hand-Numbered.
Price: $17.00 + shipping
Sale Period: March 21, 2013 - March 25, 2013 
Please note: There will also be a Variant Edition available at a much later date.

How to buy online: https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint starting at 12 PM PAC.

Game & Print Club Release #1: The Girl from the Plains by Elia Fernández ( http://www.elia-illustration.com/ )

lyndisundone_zpscd7e7bc2.jpg

Pre-Requisite: You must meet at least 1 of the following 3 requirements:

A. Own at least 1 game in the Fire Emblem series.
B. Own a Wii U console.
C. Own a 3DS handheld.

Size: 8"x10"
Printing Technique: Giclee
Paper: Textured Water Color Paper, Epson Cold Press Bright White - 340 gsm, 19 mil - archival
Printed by: Giclee Today
Final Edition Size: Timed Edition, TBA
Price: $17.00
Sale Period: 3/21/2013 - 3/25/2013

How to buy online: https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint @ noon PAC.

In addition there is this:

Summit by Jori Bolton ( http://joribolton.com/ )

MKWiiforweb_zpsced7a75e.jpg

Hand-numbered edition of 50. 10"x8" giclee.

This piece is going to be for sale at the Hero Complex Gallery show at the end of April for $25. It is not part of the Game & Print Club series.

If any neogaffers would like one to be added to your order though, just pm me and I can add it to your order at a discounted price and with no extra shipping. I will only have a few available, with the rest going to the gallery.

Trevelyan

Banned
Just a reminder, these two will be up for pre-order at 12 PM PAC. If you have Print #0 I will match numbers, if possible. Just make sure you mention in the Paypal notes area what number you'd like.

3/21/2013 - 3/25/2013:

So happy these are finally coming out. They look fantastic. By the time Game & Print is done, I'll have a whole wall dedicated to just Nintendo art, haha.

kaskade

Just sent out the email about the drive LP. Still going up tomorrow probably won't ship until beginning of April.

I'd kill for a pink one.

Stencil

Ugh Drive... I'm going to have an ulcer sitting at work knowing I'll miss this drop...

Anyways, is there like a screenprinting general thread here? Or a good forum for that? I just started screenprinting, and though I follow this thread voraciously, I have some more specific/boring artist questions... If anyone knows anything about any thing of that nature, please PM me.

Ugh Drive... I'm going to have an ulcer sitting at work knowing I'll miss this drop...

Anyways, is there like a screenprinting general thread here? Or a good forum for that? I just started screenprinting, and though I follow this thread voraciously, I have some more specific/boring artist questions... If anyone knows anything about any thing of that nature, please PM me.

It's just the Vinyl drop tomorrow, probably thousands will be printed, so it shouldn't be tough to get I'd imagine... Ease that ulcer.

And I know nothing about screen-printing sorry.

Drive up. go go go

Good timing on my part. Forgot all about it. Loaded it up. Nothing. Decided to make sure I had no Paypal problems this time around and when I refreshed it was up. Come on Pink!

lupinko

Woohoo! Got a Drive LP, I already have the OST from iTunes but it's still cool to have the LP (obviously better quality and just to have some sort of momento). =)

IronRinn

Got mine. There are tons of these, I'm sure. Couldn't you buy them through Amazon, or is that a different pressing?

Also, the backwards numbers and letters on the back cover from flipping Stout's illustration are bugging me.

FnordChan

mondo-drive.jpg

Just secured a copy of the Drive soundtrack. Like kaskade, I've been stoked for this since it was announced last year. And, yes, fingers are crossed for the pink variant.

FnordChan

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Grabbed the soundtrack even though I have no record player and have yet to see Drive...

EDIT: Wow apparently I got it right as it sold out...

lupinko

lolwtf it's sold out now.

I even had enough time to ponder if I wanted to buy it or not before going through with the purchase. haha

kaskade

Wow, that sold out pretty quickly. I was expecting it to last longer than that. Then again I have no idea how many copies they actually had. Can't wait to get it. I can see this being one of my favorite purchases in recent memory. Love that damn movie.

lupinko

Wow, that sold out pretty quickly. I was expecting it to last longer than that. Then again I have no idea how many copies they actually had. Can't wait to get it. I can see this being one of my favorite purchases in recent memory. Love that damn movie.

Same, but for me, I like the OST even more than the movie.

FnordChan

For anyone who missed out on the drop, you've got a couple of options. First, check each day with record distributor Forced Exposure; I was given the heads up that I could snag Mondo's vinyl release of The Beyond at the regular price this way. Second, check discogs.com to see if any of their sellers have the Drive vinyl up in the near future. Both Forced Exposure and some Discogs sellers have recent Mondo releases like Poltergeist and The Deadly Spawn available for perfectly reasonable prices.

Edit: Oh, excellent, it looks like they're going to actually get this distributed to regular record stores. So, no worries for anyone still looking to secure a copy. Instead, good luck to everyone doing battle for the picture disc edition...

FnordChan

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Well if anyone missed out it looks like there's still a chance to snag it:
**UPDATE** Wow. We sold out of the entire edition of DRIVE in under 30 minutes. Thank you so much for making our record label such an enormous success. If you missed out on the record, please do not send us angry e-mails. There is still hope.

There will be a exclusive Picture Disc version of this LP on RECORD STORE DAY (Record Stores only, obviously) AND this regular edition will be in record stores sometime later this spring (We will announce the Street Date once it is confirmed)

Thank you, again, from the bottom of our hearts.

I guess there's going to be an even wider release for it.

Can't believe I missed this.
Woke up and didn't see them say it was on sale yet on their twitter so I thought I was all good. Then suddenly it was sold out.
Damn.
Now I've got to storm into a place on Record Store Day.
:/

swoon

the picture disc is RSD (and not part of this sale)

there will be other copies of this released later according to the blog post, which is a pretty amazing thing to disclosed afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom