• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinemy

Banned
To be honest with you guys, I didn't like alot of these aGoT prints except for the white wall.
I really wanted something with the house sigils on it or something of the sort.

Sushigod7

The logo isn't affecting its lack of sales -- it's just really unattractive.

I wanted the Bran but my fiancee said NO MORE when I asked about it. I guess I do need to clear out my backlog so to speak. One GoT is probably enough. :(

I personally don't like the logo but the rest is not all that attractive your right. I skipped everything today I'll probably regret it.

rinemy

Banned
Crystal Dynamics / Deviant Art release the contest winners of the Tomb Raider Reborn Contest.

This is the winning print that will be sold on the tomb raider store.
tumblr_mke1949aUE1qkq7tbo1_1280.jpg

ETA: unknown, probably will be a giclee 18x24

MG310

Got my 2 prints in from the Tomb Raider Store - they only had the screenprints in the warehouse so mine shipped early.

Also they have cut down the print runs on most of the giclees (Romeo on CAG pointed this out)

First number is the original number, 2nd is the new number that are being printed.

Official news regarding the Tomb Raider lithos:

We've just canceled some of the additional print runs and will stick to what was produced for the shops, so a few of them are suddenly more exclusive than previously announced (if any of you were on the fence).

Our tubes and special butcher paper show up Tuesday, so we should be able to start shipping out next week. I think you guys are going to like them so much more in person--I just wish you could see all of them!

Anyone that ordered only screenprints may have already had theirs shipped from the stock that was at the warehouse. None of the giclees have gone out to anyone yet....

Anyway, new edition sizes are on the site and inventory is adjusted down to match. Will paste here for your convenience:

Laura Bifano - 200 60
Sam Wolfe Connely - 200 100
Adam S. Doyle - 150 100
Jeffrey Alan Love - 150 40
Mark Molchan - 200 100
Chris B. Murray - 150 60
Rich Pellegrino - 150 60
Cate Rangel - 200 100
Corinne Reid - 150 40
Andrew Ryan - 200 100
Marc Scheff - 150 60
Kyle Smart - 150 40

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/...3&postcount=41

I highly recommend this one by Victo Ngai

I'm interested...

Not tits but nice non the less. Very cool no prints of his were on sale by surprise?

No. They had some archived Lord of the Rings regular + Variants on sale in the morning -- but very few copies. Nothing new. Moss said that at the moment, the only upcoming Mondo poster he has is Spirited Away.

Sushigod7

No. They had some archived Lord of the Rings regular + Variants on sale in the morning -- but very few copies. Nothing new. Moss said that at the moment, the only upcoming Mondo poster he has is Spirited Away.

Well that's good at least that is coming "soon". I hope/wish/pray that drops on a day I'm not traveling for work.

Up now:

Nancy Drew by Bec Winnel

BigCartelTemplate.jpg

'Nancy Drew' limited edition time release print.
*On sale until Sunday 12 noon EST.*
Edition number will be determined from total number of prints sold.
Giclee print using pigment dye inks on 190 gsm archival matte paper.
20 x 26 cm including border.
Signed, numbered and titled.
Nancy Drew was originally created for Gallery 1988's Young Adult Show and was created with soft pastel and coloured pencils on coloured paper.

How to buy online: http://becwinnel.bigcartel.com/product/nancy-drew-limited-edition-time-release-print

lupinko

Apparently Acid Free Gallery has already shipped my Whalen Autobot Invitational Variant. Just waiting for the Drive LP now.

And it looks like the lotto (or lottos?) for either (or both?) Drive Stouts will be going out soon.

MooseKing

Banned
I am interested in starting to collect some of these. I first saw them a couple years ago but never had the money to begin collecting.

My only question is what is the best way to frame/mount them so they remain in top condition for as long as possible.

For Sale Tomorrow:

"The Protector" Art Print by Ken Taylor

foxcomp.jpg

16.5" x 24" screenprint, signed/numbered in an edition of 100. Coming Tuesday, April 2nd at a Random Time in the Afternoon (Central Time).

"Ascension" Art Print by Ken Taylor

ny.jpg

12" x 36" screenprint, signed/numbered in an edition of 100. Coming Tuesday, April 2nd at a Random Time in the Afternoon (Central Time).

Both available on Posters and Toys.net tomorrow in the afternoon.

Meier

For Sale Tomorrow:

"The Protector" Art Print by Ken Taylor

foxcomp.jpg

16.5" x 24" screenprint, signed/numbered in an edition of 100. Coming Tuesday, April 2nd at a Random Time in the Afternoon (Central Time).

I love First Aid Kit so I thought about buying this print when he was here in Austin but there really isn't any connection to them at all and buying a gig poster for a show I wasn't at just felt really weird so I passed.

From those images, can you guys tell who the artist is?

Also, Bobby O'Herlily is still working on his next print for the Game & Print Club. But he recently finished this piece for an upcoming gallery show:

Momento Mori by Bobby O' Herlihy

MM_Web_Version.jpg

Bobby O' Herlihy said:
A Momento Mori Amongst the Lily and the Poppy Flowers…

Dark reminders beneath such a beautiful surface. Lady Nightshade mourns amongst the flora that give voice to both death and life.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

I've decided to dedicate this piece to my friend Michael Curcio.

I'll miss you. You were a character in every essence of the word. Those you met you managed to always leave a lasting impression. I'm sorry the world didn't seem like enough. I've been there. I hope you're resting easy, brother. The world lost a good person today.

This is a piece for the Macro & Micro show for the folks at Light Grey Art Lab.

Sushigod7

From those images, can you guys tell who the artist is?

Also, Bobby O'Herlily is still working on his next print for the Game & Print Club. But he recently finished this piece for an upcoming gallery show:

Momento Mori by Bobby O' Herlihy

MM_Web_Version.jpg

So awesome Bobby is doing another piece will look good next to Pikmin I'm sure, I dig this one as well. No guesses on the other artist it's someone new I assume.

Timbuktu

Got my 2 prints in from the Tomb Raider Store - they only had the screenprints in the warehouse so mine shipped early.

Also they have cut down the print runs on most of the giclees (Romeo on CAG pointed this out)

First number is the original number, 2nd is the new number that are being printed.

I highly recommend this one by Victo Ngai

Yes, Victo! She was the friend who sent me the Life of Pi print post some pages back. Great gal and love her work.

Edit

Timbuktu said:
Not mondo or a limited edition or anything, but got this from my illustrator friend Victo, just put it up in the guest room.

8300409632_fdce4f3153_c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom