• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.JayZii

Banned
So, a little somethin' somethin' showed up in the mail today:

[Awesome Akira Stuff}]

Super happy.
This looks really nice. Although, in the first closeup picture the "ki" katakana over his eye looks like it's backwards. That is kind of an OCD nitpick though.

Snagged the variant canvas myself.

First canvas print I've managed to snag, personally. Looking forward to spending an assload on a frame job or getting it stretched or something. I don't know yet.

You know, I bought a print on canvas before...and I didn't really like it at all. It's cool that it's more limited, but ultimately I didn't like how visible the canvas texture was compared to the smooth paper edition. also, I'm not sure, but it's possible that the canvas edition is a giclee.

You know, I bought a print on canvas before...and I didn't really like it at all. It's cool that it's more limited, but ultimately I didn't like how visible the canvas texture was compared to the smooth paper edition. also, I'm not sure, but it's possible that the canvas edition is a giclee.

I can totally understand the texture thing.

My Dad has a few stretched canvas items hanging in his den, and maybe because they've been there forever as I grew up I've sort of come to appreciate that aesthetic. The reason I snagged the canvas over the smooth edition is that texture.

I have the Kevin Tong Optimus from AcidFree (the older one that was up for 24 hours, not the artist proof that's up now) and it's a nice screen print. If the canvas is giclee I'm not anticipating shitty quality, but I can give a rundown after whenever it shows up if you'd like.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
damn, i was gonna get that drive album. I go to the site now and it says in stock, but wont let me order! NOO! lol

What a damn tease.

Well, these are going to be sold in stores in the Spring, so you should be able to get one without a problem:

Mondo Tees said:
Wow. We sold out of the entire edition of DRIVE in under 30 minutes. Thank you so much for making our record label such an enormous success. If you missed out on the record, please do not send us angry e-mails. There is still hope. There will be a exclusive Picture Disc version of this LP on RECORD STORE DAY (Record Stores only, obviously) AND this regular edition will be in record stores sometime later this spring (We will announce the Street Date once it is confirmed).

Just to clarify, these will be part of the same pressing. Once those copies are gone, they will be gone for good. This is NOT a second pressing.

I thought the store version just had that Scorpion rather than the Stout artwork?

Yeah I'm confused as to exactly what version they are talking about. The blog mentions the picture disc version for RSD and then says "this regular edition will be in record stores sometime later this spring". Are they talking about this mondo print or just the normal OST?

Yeah I'm confused as to exactly what version they are talking about. The blog mentions the picture disc version for RSD and then says "this regular edition will be in record stores sometime later this spring". Are they talking about this mondo print or just the normal OST?

The Record Store Day version will have the scorpion on it. PLUS there will be a non-record store day version as well -- which is the exact same as the Mondo version. So you still have a chance to buy this Stout version, basically + you can still buy the record store day version as well.

Sigma722

This looks really nice. Although, in the first closeup picture the "ki" katakana over his eye looks like it's backwards. That is kind of an OCD nitpick though.

I like to think that he did it more vertical, and the curvature of the eye dip, caused it to go the other way slightly. The top line of Ra feels like it is an extension of ki, which wouldn't be right, and makes it feel more tilted the wrong way.

I'm still okay with it :)

Sushigod7

Heads up Florey's Mario AP is up at http://mrflorey.bigcartel.com/product/the-plumber-s-quest-ap

iQOVWuVjkE4Mu.jpg

The Luigi sold out already. Just got Mario.

Sushigod7

Kinda want, but something bout it isnt lettin me pull the trigger. The Variant is much better looking too.

Feel similar about them myself I actually like the blue better but probably would never hang it so I'll leave it to the bigger fans than me.

edit: Cross post from the pick up thread got these at Megacon last weekend finally had time to take a picture. The Hello Kitty is a paper cut piece really nice looks great in person couldn't get the right angle to show it off. My daughter loves it.

dvdjamm

I hate missing out on something like this.You know a bunch of people who bought the Drive soundtrack will just sell it on eBay for $100...It wouldn't surprise me if there are postings on eBay already for it.

Sushigod7

I hate missing out on something like this.You know a bunch of people who bought the Drive soundtrack will just sell it on eBay for $100...It wouldn't surprise me if there are postings on eBay already for it.

I 100% guarantee there is, the minute any Mondo drop is done within minutes prints are up. It's the way it goes flippers know they can make a few bucks but it does blow for all the fans.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Feel similar about them myself I actually like the blue better but probably would never hang it so I'll leave it to the bigger fans than me.

edit: Cross post from the pick up thread got these at Megacon last weekend finally had time to take a picture. The Hello Kitty is a paper cut piece really nice looks great in person couldn't get the right angle to show it off. My daughter loves it.

That Metroid print is gorgeous. They are all nice, but that one really stands out to me and makes me wish I had gone to Megacon this year.

Sushigod7

That Metroid print is gorgeous. They are all nice, but that one really stands out to me and makes me wish I had gone to Megacon this year.

It was a good year for artist but if you were looking for figures etc not the best selections from what I saw. You can buy Barrett's prints here http://www.etsy.com/shop/barrettbiggers also if your close to Orlando he is local and said he can do pick ups to save freight. He has some cool Zelda stuff as well.

Chairhome

Hope its okay to post this here. A good friend of mine started putting his prints up for sale on society6. He did pretty well at Megacon selling his prints so I figured there might be some interest here.

b3b0p

What do you guys suggest for framing these prints and posters? Any good frames that are not exceptionally expensive I can buy online or at a chain store?

Sigma722

I'll be trying to get a couple tickets tomorrow. If I by chance don't succeed and someone scores, I wouldn't mind doing the now seemingly standard "You buy 2 tickets/prints, I ship you one print" deal. People can just PM me if they score I guess?

Tedesco!

I'll be trying to get a couple tickets tomorrow. If I by chance don't succeed and someone scores, I wouldn't mind doing the now seemingly standard "You buy 2 tickets/prints, I ship you one print" deal. People can just PM me if they score I guess?

Evidently you can't buy two tix anymore. Everyone who grabs a ticket must show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom