• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I'd say so

I honestly think it may well be. Even though I love Moss' stuff -- there's no way he'll be knocked off his perch as top artist for me -- as a huge GOT fan, this is just the pinnacle. It's so perfectly suited for the GID.. everything about it is perfect.

I must have it. Must!

Sushigod7

I honestly think it may well be. Even though I love Moss' stuff -- there's no way he'll be knocked off his perch as top artist for me -- as a huge GOT fan, this is just the pinnacle. It's so perfectly suited for the GID.. everything about it is perfect.

I must have it. Must!

I totally agree this is the best GoT print and I thought North of the Wall was amazing. They are going to look mindblowing next to each other on my wall.

4/9/2013:

Caped Crusader by Marko Manev

manev_caped_crusader.jpg

Giclee
13 x 19 inches
Edition of 75. $35

How to buy online: http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/ @ 12 PM EST

Web Slinger by Marko Manev

manev_web_slinger.jpg

Giclee
13 x 19 inches
Edition of 75. $35

How to buy online: http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/ @ 12 PM EST

rinker

What do most of you do to frame your odd sized prints? Custom frame or custom mat? I'm considering getting custom mats made for me, but I'm not confident in my ability to assemble it all and make it look nice...

I meant online and your reply answered my question. Thanks bro

Whats shakin. The batman/ spiderman prints should be dropping tomorrow around noon, its part of a noir series with superman and thor dropping next. The Mark Englert piece, along with the rest of the prints from the GID show will be released during a preview sale Thursday night at 8pm Est. We only put a small amount of each run up for the preview sale, then the show happens Friday, and any remaining prints will go up Saturday around noon Est. Hope i was helpful

Sigma722

Whats shakin. The batman/ spiderman prints should be dropping tomorrow around noon, its part of a noir series with superman and thor dropping next. The Mark Englert piece, along with the rest of the prints from the GID show will be released during a preview sale Thursday night at 8pm Est. We only put a small amount of each run up for the preview sale, then the show happens Friday, and any remaining prints will go up Saturday around noon Est. Hope i was helpful

So, what you are saying, is that you will hold back an Englert for me? Awesome guy. Awesome. Guy.

Edit:

Also, I posted a For Sale thread over at EB. I'm not one to typically create FS threads, so I thought I'd share. Pretty much all prices are below 6m average, and a few of them I'm really not making anything once shipping is considered. Finally trying to get that Akira paid off :eek:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112223

You can PM me here if you are interested in anything.

Meier

Love both the Batman and Spiderman prints. Thanks for the heads up on the Englert piece.. I will try my darndest to get it. Should I sign up for an account with a particular website to make the process smoother? Do you guys use that bigcartel? I can't recall from the last preview sale.

Love both the Batman and Spiderman prints. Thanks for the heads up on the Englert piece.. I will try my darndest to get it. Should I sign up for an account with a particular website to make the process smoother? Do you guys use that bigcartel? I can't recall from the last preview sale.

We use shopify, only after you make your first order the site allows you to make an account.
Have no idea why, sorry.

The batman and spiderman should sell out quick, but we combine orders and refund the extra shipping ( if you go for both but have separate orders)

Here is the print that will be releasing alongside Encounters in Hyrule. It's a companion piece to print #1. Remember, once you've provided your 3DS friendcode or Wii-U Nintendo Network ID you no longer have to do it for items that have that a pre-req, as I have it noted and recorded.

Game & Print Club Print #4: The Seventh Maiden by Elia Fernández ( http://www.elia-illustration.com/ )

zelda_finalforweb_zpsf18f5bd8.jpg

You must meet at least 1 of the following 3 requirements:

A. Own at least 1 game in the Legend of Zelda series.
B. Own a Wii U console.
C. Own a 3DS handheld.

(If you've provided proof via option B or C before you do not need to do it again. If you're eligible for print #3 you're automatically eligible for this one as well.)

Size: 8"x10"
Printing Technique: Giclee
Paper: Textured Water Color Paper, Epson Cold Press Bright White - 340 gsm, 19 mil - archival
Printed by: Giclee Today
Final Edition Size: Timed, limited-edition, TBD. Hand-Numbered.
Price: $17.00 + shipping
Sale Period: April 18, 2013 - April 21, 2013

How to buy online: https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint starting at 6 PM PAC.

Here are a pic of the two together:

P1040067_zps99ea1414.jpg

Well we've had Zelda, Fire Emblem, Pikmin and Metroid... plus there was some additional Zelda and Xenoblade that were kind of related. If I have to narrow it down to 3, I could see it being from one of the following:

1. Donkey Kong
2. Mario (I could see a Super Mario Galaxy-themed print being awesome)
3. Smash Bros

For the record, what is being talked about here now applies to print #5. =) Not #4. Had to do some shifts in releases.

Sushigod7

Collider interview with Justin Ishmael of Mondo: http://collider.com/mondo-justin-ishmael-dark-tower-drew-struzan-interview/

Looks like they're aiming for Struzan The Dark Tower and Moss Spirited away at comi-con.

I'm super bummed out about the Spirited Away being at Comic Con, I hope they get in because it's good for them but would prefer to get a crack at a online drop before I pay 4x the amount in the after market. But it's one I have to own so will pay what I have to, better start saving now. Great interview though!

Meier

I'm super bummed out about the Spirited Away being at Comic Con, I hope they get in because it's good for them but would prefer to get a crack at a online drop before I pay 4x the amount in the after market. But it's one I have to own so will pay what I have to, better start saving now. Great interview though!

Yeah, they fucked us with Mononoke as well.. pretty uncool frankly. Still sad I missed out on getting a Mononoke by 1 person at a flat file sale here in town.. was one of the worst moments I've had in a long time. :(

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, they fucked us with Mononoke as well.. pretty uncool frankly. Still sad I missed out on getting a Mononoke by 1 person at a flat file sale here in town.. was one of the worst moments I've had in a long time. :(

Mononoke's price has stayed pretty low, though, especially compared to other Moss prints. Totoro reg has jumped up to like $430 for its 6-month average, while Mononoke is only $200.

omgkitty

Mononoke's price has stayed pretty low, though, especially compared to other Moss prints. Totoro reg has jumped up to like $430 for its 6-month average, while Mononoke is only $200.

I paid $800 for a Totoro Variant, and that one was an online exclusive. I paid $200 for Mononoke direct from Olly. Can't say that I'm complaining about Spirited Away being at SDCC. Most of the people buying them will be looking to sell them. Better than it going to people who want them, thus driving the price up.

lupinko

I paid $800 for a Totoro Variant, and that one was an online exclusive. I paid $200 for Mononoke direct from Olly. Can't say that I'm complaining about Spirited Away being at SDCC. Most of the people buying them will be looking to sell them. Better than it going to people who want them, thus driving the price up.

Ok, my bittersweet buyer's feeling is out the window with this when buying the Stout Django on ebay.

IronRinn

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...

Seriously, fuck this bullshit with the Ghibli series. I realize that Mondo doesn't owe it's customers anything, really, but to start a series online and then make the rest of it event exclusive just kind of sucks.

Hopefully lightning strikes twice and I'm able to pick one up when Moss sells his but damn this really pisses me off.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

Mononoke has been pretty steady. Though I expect it (and Totoro) to go up again once Spirited Away hits.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...

Seriously, fuck this bullshit with the Ghibli series. I realize that Mondo doesn't owe it's customers anything, really, but to start a series online and then make the rest of it event exclusive just kind of sucks.

Hopefully lightning strikes twice and I'm able to pick one up when Moss sells his but damn this really pisses me off.

*shrug* - at least the rarest and most valuable one was online.

Mononoke wasn't even that big a deal to get (and still isn't), if you really want it.

The upside to things like SDCC or the Taylor/Stout show is lots of it hits the secondary market

IronRinn

*shrug* - at least the rarest and most valuable one was online.

Mononoke wasn't even that big a deal to get (and still isn't), if you really want it.

The upside to things like SDCC or the Taylor/Stout show is lots of it hits the secondary market

I understand what you're saying but if you think this one, for arguably their most well known film, is going to be cheap I think you're fooling yourself. I mean I could be wrong (I often am) but I just don't see it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I understand what you're saying but if you think this one, for arguably their most well known film, is going to be cheap I think you're fooling yourself. I mean I could be wrong (I often am) but I just don't see it.

yeah, but it'll also have the highest run, you don't know how good the image will be (Totoro is probably a Top 3 Moss poster), and it's just tough to say.

That said, I'd guess if you have 300 bucks handy after the drop, you won't have trouble scoring one. Or just hold onto tradebait you CAN get online (ie, Reservoir Dogs, Django, etc)

IronRinn

yeah, but it'll also have the highest run, you don't know how good the image will be (Totoro is probably a Top 3 Moss poster), and it's just tough to say.

That said, I'd guess if you have 300 bucks handy after the drop, you won't have trouble scoring one. Or just hold onto tradebait you CAN get online (ie, Reservoir Dogs, Django, etc)

If only I had had the foresight I would have been Stoutpiling this entire time. DAMN IT!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Don't see how it's different from web releases and how large chunk ends up on secondary markets

yeah, but a much higher percentage usually hits from the events, alongside a LOT of prints hitting.

The prices on most of the Stout / Taylor show stuff is downright reasonable if you had any "must haves"

Meier

I just can't justify spending that much money personally. 3 digits and I'm out on any print. Of the 3 movies, Totoro is my favorite (with Spirited Away second) so of course I was very fortunate to get that one if any of them, but it's still uncool limiting it to so many people. The fact that most of the buyers will probably be re-sellers and could drive the price down is an interesting and seemingly accurate point though.

My ultimate dream is a Whisper of the Heart print. :)

Sushigod7

I can't find a Totoro to buy I've been looking for awhile now a few places. I could have bought one at $400 but decided to get the Mononoke for $200 now that person has sold it. Should have got Totoro first but didn't have all the cash. Now can't get one at all ebay is a joke for anything Moss. I see what your saying though hopefully I can get one for around $200 it's my favorite Ghibli film so it's a must to own. I can deal with not getting the Totoro I suppose.

On a side note I got my Florey Mario print and Precious Cargo this week. Both are amazing I'll post pictures tomorrow.

lupinko

Just bought the Django Stout, that will be the last time I go with the aftermarket. Ok I'll admit I'd fancy the Moss black widow, but only if I have excess money around.

4/11/2013:

Scarface / Scarface Variant Edition by Mike Mitchell

e1365615293.jpg

Poster by Mike Mitchell. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 375. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Variant poster by Mike Mitchell. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $70

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12

Rear Window / Rear Window Variant Edition by Kevin Tong

e1365615348.jpg

Poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Variant poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $70

Shelob's Lair Purple Colorway / Shelob's Lair Blue Colorway by Richey Beckett

e1365615378.jpg

Purple colorway by Richey Beckett. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 205. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Blue colorway by Richey Beckett. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 205. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Adventure Time: The Finntastic Four by JJ Harrison

e1365615413.jpg

Poster by JJ Harrison. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom