• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
This Fight Club-inspired one is pretty clever:

NDawusV.jpg

Not a /huge/ fan of the movie, or even the style to be honest, but a nice concept and really good execution nonetheless.

Meier

Damn, sounds like not having an account really fucked me going by the fact so many of y'all got it. I had it in my cart immediately when it was available. :(

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Damn, sounds like not having an account really fucked me going by the fact so many of y'all got it. I had it in my cart immediately when it was available. :(

I didn't have an account either. I guess I just got lucky. I'm sure they didn't sell them all, and with any luck there will be more on Saturday for you take a shot at.

Still considering asking my sister to go to the gallery opening for me to try and grab that Totoro. It's not a Moss, but I'm a sucker for good GiD prints, and I love that one.

Sushigod7

Man, how did all y'all get a Blackwater?! Oh wow, it's an edition of 225 -- I can't believe it went so fast! :(

There's a very cool Craig Drake if you're a Tron fan. Dat ass..

http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/collections/when-the-lights-go-out/products/craig-drake-derezzed

It's only a small amount posted tonight not the full 225. Saturday afternoon we should get a shot at it unless they sell out tomorrow night which isn't likely.

I didn't have an account either. I guess I just got lucky. I'm sure they didn't sell them all, and with any luck there will be more on Saturday for you take a shot at.

Still considering asking my sister to go to the gallery opening for me to try and grab that Totoro. It's not a Moss, but I'm a sucker for good GiD prints, and I love that one.

I actually like this more than the Moss version GASP yes I said it I hope I can grab one.

Trasher

The Englert dropped from my cart. I shouldn't have tried to get two. Should have just secured that one first. Ugh. Pretty bummed! :(

There's a chance there might be more on Saturday though?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
The Englert dropped from my cart. I shouldn't have tried to get two. Should have just secured that one first. Ugh. Pretty bummed! :(

There's a chance there might be more on Saturday though?

Hmm, I don't know the way Bottleneck has their site set up, but it's usually one print per order/household for these drops. Maybe deadbolt will pop in and confirm. Either way, I really do think you and Meier will get another shot at the Englert.

Meier

Hmm, I don't know the way Bottleneck has their site set up, but it's usually one print per order/household for these drops. Maybe deadbolt will pop in and confirm. Either way, I really do think you and Meier will get another shot at the Englert.
Ahhhh that is probably it then. :( I tried to get three prints (Max, Totoro, Blackwater). Bummer!

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Ahhhh that is probably it then. :( I tried to get three prints (Max, Totoro, Blackwater). Bummer!

Oh no, I meant one quantity per print. With Mondo for instance, you can usually get one of each print, but no more than that. I picked up three items myself with this order: Englert/Dr. Who/Batman. I tried for the Totoro, but that was removed from my cart when I went to checkout.

Edit: Now I realize that I misread Trasher's post. He meant two different prints. Derp.

Trasher

Oh no, I meant one quantity per print. With Mondo for instance, you can usually get one of each print, but no more than that. I picked up three items myself with this order: Englert/Dr. Who/Batman. I tried for the Totoro, but that was removed from my cart when I went to checkout.

Edit: Now I realize that I misread Trasher's post. He meant two different prints. Derp.

Yeah I meant two separate prints. I actually almost edited my post to prevent that confusion haha.

Sigma722

Deadbolt, The ebay link says that the englert handbill is of 100 - will that be given out at the show? I want one for my desk at work :D

Hey everybody, thanks for all the support tonight. Def was our best preview so far, and no prints are sold out. All prints either have half the run still, or a little less. But if you can, def get a pb for Friday. All remaining prints will go on sale Saturday.

Mark Englert did a small handbill, i dont have a pic of it on me, but on April Fools Mark dropped it on expressobeans, making people think his print was Monty Python rather then GoT.
It is out of 100, 4"x6", and will go to the first people who buy the Englert print at the show, any remainders go to online buyers

Sushigod7

Hey everybody, thanks for all the support tonight. Def was our best preview so far, and no prints are sold out. All prints either have half the run still, or a little less. But if you can, def get a pb for Friday. All remaining prints will go on sale Saturday.

Mark Englert did a small handbill, i dont have a pic of it on me, but on April Fools Mark dropped it on expressobeans, making people think his print was Monty Python rather then GoT.
It is out of 100, 4"x6", and will go to the first people who buy the Englert print at the show, any remainders go to online buyers

Wow nice! Thanks for letting us know any hints on how many went up last night?

IronRinn

That handbill is great! I was, unfortunately, unable to make it time to pick up anything but that Totoro print is awesome. Doubt anymore of those are going to make it out of the show. Really fantastic set of work all around deadbolt.

rinemy

Banned
*grumble grumble* cmon horkey print, waiting for the drop

edit: didn't get one sold out within seconds not sure how many were availible

rinemy

Banned
What a weird website. It went back in stock and I tried picking it up.
and I got this while checking out:

mcnail@gmail.com
Return to mcnail@gmail.com
Error Message
Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to mcnail@gmail.com and try another option.

Trasher

I got a Horkey (pending any refunds...).

It was really strange though. Was following the EB thread where people were saying they had it and that it was gone already, yet on the P&T website I hadn't even seen it go up yet. It just said "COUNTING" next to the print. Then people were posting that it was back up again, and that's when I saw it and snagged one. Strange...

rinemy

Banned
Yeah I saw it say "COUNTING" too.
I guess they were actively counting the number of orders placed to make sure they didn't oversell.

Says SOLD OUT now. I guess they're done.

What a weird website. It went back in stock and I tried picking it up.
and I got this while checking out:

mcnail@gmail.com
Error Message
Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to mcnail@gmail.com and try another option.

Your shipping addy on posters and toys and on paypal must match up exactly. and you must abbreviate the state. do not spell it out.

Sushigod7

Sorry i didnt put up another reminder. Has been extremely hectic for the last couple of days but just want to thank everyone who checked out the show. Was a blast and def our biggest show to date.

Nice! Really great collection of work. I guess it's good the show sold out a lot of items I wanted I saved some money bummed out though on a few of those.

grendelrt

I have bought a bunch of prints recently, but finally cut my first mat board and backing myself so i could frame it. I didnt want to pay for pro framing so I learned on my own today. Really happy with the way it came out, displayed in my man cave where I play most of my games =) Sorry for the crappy pictures from my cell, makes the colors look a little bland, much brighter in person.

Sushigod7

I have bought a bunch of prints recently, but finally cut my first mat board and backing myself so i could frame it. I didnt want to pay for pro framing so I learned on my own today. Really happy with the way it came out, displayed in my man cave where I play most of my games =) Sorry for the crappy pictures from my cell, makes the colors look a little bland, much brighter in person.

Looks good getting that one framed myself very soon. Did you buy a custom mat "cutter" set up or did you do it on your own with straight edges?

WEGGLES

awww man I forgot too. I gave up hope because I thought it be gone at the gallery.
I did as well.

I was supposed to go shopping with my mom and had her wait till noon, haha.

Noon rolls around. "I... think? I got it."

I was not counting on getting a copy at all. And just tried so I could at least say I tried.

Already got a frame for it and a place picked out. (By my bed where my lamp shines so it'll be bright when I go to sleep.)

grendelrt

Looks good getting that one framed myself very soon. Did you buy a custom mat "cutter" set up or did you do it on your own with straight edges?

Thanks, I bought a hand cutter for 25 off amazon and then used a carpenters square as my edge, 2 sets of hands made it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom