• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

For those who didn't see/hear yet, the next Mondo Gallery will be Mike Mitchell.

164602_10151513807297239_2036667301_n.jpg

Sushigod7

Well Mondo drop happened you can still get either Shelob's Lair and the reg Scarface. Not a very popular drop besides Adventure time and Rear Window.

ImageProxy.mvc

Over 60 artists from around the world will be presenting pieces that cover a wide variety of topics.
Only one catch...all will be in glow in the dark.

The opening reception will be from 7pm-10pm and as always, free admission, food, refreshments and glow sticks.
All provided by Brooklyn Brewery and O-Live. Here is the event page to find out more details:
http://www.facebook.com/events/321562537946936/
A portion of the proceeds from this show will be donated to the Make a Wish foundation.

The preview sale will be tonight, Thursday, April 11th from 8 - 9pm eastern at

http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/

With any remaining prints going on sale Saturday, April 13th around noon Eastern. Come check out some amazing art.

Mark Englert
Mark-Englert-Game-of-Thrones-GID-poster-1_zps366389ef.jpg

Mark-Englert-Game-of-Thrones-GID-poster-4_zpsa104876a.jpg

Randy Ortiz
1dyKTdY.jpg

LW5Z8t9.jpg

Alice Meichi
CMxGsoU.jpg

w458s1h.jpg

Scarecrowoven
XNWXIB9.jpg

Rob Loukotka
file.php

file.php

PerfectLaughter
Perfect_Laughter_Lost_At_Sea_1.jpg

Raid71
8618094405_f2932feca9_b.jpg
\
Eric Hancock
EHTfKAM.jpg

wHiG4hN.jpg

AJ Masthay
sHOKTf1.jpg

B7fZFLC.jpg

Matthew Skiff
Matthew-Skiff-When-the-Lights-Go-Out-Bottleneck.jpg

Godmachine - Version B
godmachine-Alien-predator-print_zpsb9f8ac5d.jpg

godmachine-Alien-predator-gid-print_zps74091bcd.jpg

Sushigod7

Wow deadbolt that is some great work nice show! Multiple prints I'd love to get my hands on, this whole show is a brilliant idea I love the prints having two facets to them.

IronRinn

Eric Hancock piece is really cool. Is the Skiff referencing something specific? (You may want to censor that one, btw, it's a little unsafe for work.) Some really great stuff overall.

Wow deadbolt that is some great work nice show! Multiple prints I'd love to get my hands on, this whole show is a brilliant idea I love the prints having two facets to them.

Thanks, i just cant believe it hasn't been done before. All the artists had a great time working on their pieces, and the show should be alot of fun. BLacklights are rigged throughout the gallery so we'll be flipping the lights on, then blacklight, then no light (but just for a couple of seconds).

So these are on sale tonight between 8-9PM online, if I'm reading it right?

Yep yep, eastern time. But only a limited amount of each print will go up. So if it sells out, there is still a chanve for Saturday

Eric Hancock piece is really cool. Is the Skiff referencing something specific? (You may want to censor that one, btw, it's a little unsafe for work.) Some really great stuff overall.

Sorry bout the Skiff, but its worth it :), and i don't think it is referencing anything but i could be wrong

Sigma722

Wish I could go to that show. Looks like it will be a fun time.

I'll be trying for an Englert tonight for sure. Bottleneck's last drop seemed to be pretty rough from the comments, so I'm a little concerned. Got an alarm set so I don't forget.

Wish I could go to that show. Looks like it will be a fun time.

I'll be trying for an Englert tonight for sure. Bottleneck's last drop seemed to be pretty rough from the comments, so I'm a little concerned. Got an alarm set so I don't forget.

Its only tough for low run prints, but for Englert i think you should be good.
Also, cant believe i forgot to show Bruce Yan's piece.
u9ppxt2.jpg

oj73AMI.jpg

Sushigod7

Thanks, i just cant believe it hasn't been done before. All the artists had a great time working on their pieces, and the show should be alot of fun. BLacklights are rigged throughout the gallery so we'll be flipping the lights on, then blacklight, then no light (but just for a couple of seconds).

That sounds amazing wish I could attend, you should shoot a short video of how that works out Friday night I'd (and others too) to see how it goes. I'll be in the city for sure next January (hopefully before as well) so maybe I can stop by.

Kerrinck

Will the older Mccarthy pieces be available online or will they be gallery only?

4/12/2013:

Canus Dirus by aaron Horkey

HORKEYBIG.jpg

22″ x 39″ eleven color screenprint, has signed/numbered edition of 490. $100

How to buy online: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff arond 2 PM CST.

Bran Stark artist proof edition by Richey Beckett

rbeckettbranstarkarchive_thumb.JPG

The print is 24" x 36", printed in three colours on 100lb French Speckletone Paper by D&L screenprinting. There will be just 30 available, signed and numbered.

How to buy online: http://richeybeckett.bigcartel.com/ @ a random time.

Meier

My goodness at those prints from deadbolt. Unbelievable.

Aww fuck, I just realized tonight is a gym night and there's almost no chance I'll get home by 7 CDT. I'm gonna go cry now. :(

I went ahead and ordered the reg. Scarface print. I like the movie but not a huge fan. I do love Mike Mitchell's work and this would be my first Mondo print. I really wanted the Adventure Time print too but maybe next time :/ Can't wait to get a print from Ken Taylor, Laurent Durieux, Olly Moss and a few others.

I am going to have to limit myself to one bottleneck print I think. I need to decide if I should look through all of them first or just go for the Englert and hope it is my favorite of the show. I take it you have to go through the guest log in if it is your first time purchasing?

Glassboy

I went ahead and ordered the reg. Scarface print. I like the movie but not a huge fan. I do love Mike Mitchell's work and this would be my first Mondo print. I really wanted the Adventure Time print too but maybe next time :/ Can't wait to get a print from Ken Taylor, Laurent Durieux, Olly Moss and a few others.

welcome to your new addiction. oh yeah, congrats!

Sushigod7

You've just entered a slippery slope and really none of us are qualified to help pull you out so enjoy the ride and get ready to find a lot of wall space or a flat file.

I am going to have to limit myself to one bottleneck print I think. I need to decide if I should look through all of them first or just go for the Englert and hope it is my favorite of the show. I take it you have to go through the guest log in if it is your first time purchasing?

Yeah sorry about that. We use shopify and the only way to make an account is after your first order.

Do you know how much the Englert will cost? I wanna move some paypal monies around, and want to be ready. Thanks!

$50

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so sad I missed that Adventure Time print today. I absolutely love it. I don't want to give some scalper on eBay the money but I want it so bad. :(

Meier

*cries* I didn't get it, no surprise. I did get the Max print though which is incredibly charming. I tried for the Totoro as well but had both it and the Englert get removed from my cart when I went to check out.

Feel free to try and save me an Englert, deadbolt.. I promoted your event on my Facebook and Twitter! ;)

Meier

What the hell? There was a Totoro? Thanks for telling me about it deadbolt >=(

Yeah it was super cute too. I just kept refreshing as the Englert was on like page 4 or 5 so it took some time to show up and noticed it while going through the process of waiting.

Jiyei_1024x1024.jpg

Yeah it was super cute too. I just kept refreshing as the Englert was on like page 4 or 5 so it took some time to show up and noticed it while going through the process of waiting.

Jiyei_1024x1024.jpg

This and the Englert are the pieces of the show! Goddamn. Nice find on the artist deadbolt. She is great.

Sushigod7

The Totoro probably only had a few up since its a low run. Saturday we may get lucky and get one. Really amazing stuff for the show would love that Star Wars and Drake and about 6 others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom