• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pieces for today's G1988 Avengers show unveiled: http://collider.com/gallery-1988-avengers-assemble-images/163729/

Some pieces from the article:

Avengers-Assemble-Gallery-1988-art-show-17-450x600.jpg
Avengers-Assemble-Gallery-1988-art-show-20-450x600.jpg

Avengers-Assemble-Gallery-1988-art-show-10-450x600.jpg
Avengers-Assemble-Gallery-1988-art-show-31-450x600.jpg

Some neat ones in the link. Are G1988 selling prints like the video games one they had?

It's Stout!

5/4/2012:

The Avengers by Tyler Stout ( http://tstout.com/ )

e1336059317.jpg

Poster by Tyler Stout. 24"x36" nine-color screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 750. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html @ a random time. There will be a limit of 1 VERSION OF THE POSTER PER PERSON. You will be able to buy the regular or the variant. Purchasing both versions will not be allowed.

The Avengers Variant Edition by Tyler Stout ( http://tstout.com/ )

e1336059623.jpg

Poster by Tyler Stout. 24"x36" nine-color screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 350. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $110

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html @ a random time. There will be a limit of 1 VERSION OF THE POSTER PER PERSON. You will be able to buy the regular or the variant. Purchasing both versions will not be allowed.

Meier

Really impressive although I think his Chris Hemsworth/Thor is a little off. Everyone else is spot on.

Price on the print is quite high for Mondo. $60/$110.

Sigma722

I might actually shoot for the Variant on this one since it is the size of a normal regular release.

I'm not a huge fan of the blue for whatever reason in the standard.

I'll still try to get it if I fail with the Variant..
And I will fail.

I might actually shoot for the Variant on this one since it is the size of a normal regular release.

I'm not a huge fan of the blue for whatever reason in the standard.

I'll still try to get it if I fail with the Variant..
And I will fail.

Yea the Variant looks better and looks more like his regular releases. The regular edition just looks odd, way too much color for a Stout

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not the biggest fan of Stout's stuff either (although I do like his Akira, and to a lesser extent Kill Bill). He's clearly talanted, it's just not my cup of tea.

I vastly prefer Olly's style - looking forward to whatever his next piece is. I'm kicking myself for not grabbing a Pokemon print, but I'd have wanted all 3 so I guess I would've had to jump on eBay anyway since IIRC he limited it to 1 per person, just like the games.

suplex

Stout nailed it once again. Really like both the regular and variant, gonna try for the reg though, to give myself a better chance.

V_Ben

Banned
Worst mondo experience yet for me, I'm afraid. The entire site crashed on my end, got full blown error messages on my screen. UGH.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I think I got a regular?

I received a payment confirmation from PayPal.

Nothing from Mondo. You know, cause it crashed. Like it always does.

Well, I hope it works out. I only got it because a friend wanted it, so he'll be reimbursing me. Not much of a Stout fan.

Edit: To be fair, it was smoother than ever until I tried to check out with PayPal.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Sweet. Looks like it went through:

Track your recent orders. view all
Date Order # Amount Status
5/4/2012 AB-40623 (View Details) $74.00 New reorder

Time to call my friend with the good news. He better appreciate it. I'd take the Totoro print over his gratitude any day. :p

V_Ben

Banned
did anyone nab one? The website would not even open for me. and then the tweets said it was all gone

I made it on to the page, but It crashed at checkout. Yup.

Time to call my friend with the good news. He better appreciate it. I'd take the Totoro print over his gratitude any day. :p

I'm gutted I missed out on that because of theatre stuff. Gonna step up my game when Spirited Away is the one.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
High five!

Smoothest checkout I have ever had on the Mondo thus far.

EDIT: Also got a Variant.

I think I got a regular?

I received a payment confirmation from PayPal.

Nothing from Mondo. You know, cause it crashed. Like it always does.

Well, I hope it works out. I only got it because a friend wanted it, so he'll be reimbursing me. Not much of a Stout fan.

Edit: To be fair, it was smoother than ever until I tried to check out with PayPal.

high_fiveing.jpg

Now that I am looking at the regular edition, I am starting to warm up one it due to the extra colours. Do Stout variants usually have some metallic finish (read it somewhere on EB), so this variant should look somewhat different in person?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Now that I am looking at the regular edition, I am starting to warm up one it due to the extra colours. Do Stout variants usually have some metallic finish (read it somewhere on EB), so this variant should look somewhat different in person?

Yeah, they usually do. The extra colors on the regular are nice, but the overall color scheme is what really brings it down for me.

Yeah, they usually do. The extra colors on the regular are nice, but the overall color scheme is what really brings it down for me.

Thanks, I will wait until I get it in hand to see how it looks in person. What worries me is whether or not I will have the room to even display this thing as I still have a couple of Olly prints that I need to get framed... not to mention all the Ghibli prints still to come which I will be getting most, if not all of (if I can get them that is :p).

Axiom

I liked the variant more but given my experience since discovering Mondo I figured I'd have no shot, so I actually managed to snag the regular.

Amazed, the site didn't go down, everything seemed to load. This doesn't dull the pain of not getting Olly's Black Widow though...but it's nice.

Meier

I didn't try since I felt like they were too pricey and the blue of the regular edition was offputting. Congrats to those who snagged one though!

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
OK, so for various reasons (not least of which, his being an idiot) my friend backed out. He offered to buy it anyway, because he knows what it's actually worth. I told him to shove it.

So!

I put it up on my expressobeans.com account as one I'm willing to trade, and now I've got two guys offering me the Fortress of Solitude print I wanted, and I sent a PM to guy who had the Totoro print on his trade list, and this Avengers print on his want list.

This might turn out really awesome!

Edit: Of course, I could end up just getting ripped off, but hey, it's worth a shot for precious Totoro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom