• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man...the colors on that variant. Blech. Has there been a SS variant that didn't have worse coloring than the original?

That being said, don't even want to buy from SS after the whole Tron debacle.

What Tron debacle?

I liked their Whalen recolors for the most part, what determines what SS puts out though?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
What Tron debacle?

I liked their Whalen recolors for the most part, what determines what SS puts out though?

Not super sure about what determines what they put out, but I know that the only reason Mondo was able to do the Disney series is because they managed to cut the deal through Sideshow.

Tron 1 had a red spot on it from a printing error (but to be honest, that isn't that bad and it's just part of the medium) and most of the Tron Legacys and huge creases in them from poor packaging. Sideshow handled / is handling it really poorly. You can read more about it here.

Not super sure about what determines what they put out, but I know that the only reason Mondo was able to do the Disney series is because they managed to cut the deal through Sideshow.

Tron 1 had a red spot on it from a printing error (but to be honest, that isn't that bad and it's just part of the medium) and most of the Tron Legacys and huge creases in them from poor packaging. Sideshow handled / is handling it really poorly. You can read more about it here.

You actually got it reversed. The Tron variant has the creases from a bad rolling job. Tron: Legacy has the red mark, but that is more the screen printers' fault than sideshow's. What sideshow did wrong was not use quality control to check for the marks and report it D&L early enough for a reprint -- though I hear they come to them pre-tubed.

Their other Disney stuff has been shipped well with the only problem being the weak uline tubes they use. It's not too bad, but it's not crush proof.

FnordChan

The AP versions of "det er en slags ting" and "yeah, fuck you, too" are (were) on sale NOW ! Scored a regular, as the variant was already sold out.

det-er-en-slags-ting-PROOF-r4.jpg

Yep, I just snagged the regular AP. Woo!

FnordChan, having a good week for poster buys

The thing reg is still available, but not sure on it. Think I'll wait and try and get one of the 'It' prints. Got a space that would actually work for that size in my office.

HTuran

Sat here, paycheck just cleared, debating that Thing print. It is pretty gorgeous...

EDIT: Looks sold out, or 'held in others carts'. Decision made! :p

I think there's an issue of too much complaining. So many people complain after every single drop that Mondo is almost guaranteed to ignore it all. The only time I feel like they would listen is if there was an actual issue with the way things are done.

or

he should just listen to what his consumers are saying? its annoying when half that shit hits ebay anyhow.

or

he should just listen to what his consumers are saying? its annoying when half that shit hits ebay anyhow.

Theres only so much they can do. Even greater print runs often will still sell out in nearly same amount of time, and they just don't have the licensing agreements to go as high as needed to meet demand. If they went about acquiring licenses for larger scale production runs, they could possibly do good business, but it also greatly devalues their art and in the long term hurts their popularity.

lush

I think whoever brought up the lottery idea for Mondo was close. Or they could just kill everyone that's buying stuff simply to put it up on Ebay.

There has to be a better way, there just has to.

Rookje

Is there a reason they don't' do prints of some of these, ala posters?

I get the exclusivity of having the "limited HQ prints," but is that the only reason why the average dude who doesn't hawkeye Twitter can't get some of this art?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Is there a reason they don't' do prints of some of these, ala posters?

I get the exclusivity of having the "limited HQ prints," but is that the only reason why the average dude who doesn't hawkeye Twitter can't get some of this art?

A lot of the license holders restrict the amount of prints they can make.

Like Sideshows Beneath the Planet of Apes variant colors better than the original, but really not a print I'm interested in. Would have liked the Planet of Apes one if it had been done differently, as I too was not a fan of it's original muted colors, but SS's reddish scheme was ugh.

Like Sideshows Beneath the Planet of Apes variant colors better than the original, but really not a print I'm interested in. Would have liked the Planet of Apes one if it had been done differently, as I too was not a fan of it's original muted colors, but SS's reddish scheme was ugh.

Here are the other two. Prolly coming out tomorrow.

9017121_press01-001.jpg

9017111_press01-001.jpg

Yea I like those recolors also. But still the only one I wanted was the original Planet of the Apes, and they went with that nasty color scheme...

Do the Apes films fall under the Disney agreement with Sideshow?

omgkitty

Wait? Is there also going to be a Rashomon print??? Oh please be glorious!!!

Edit: Mockingbird, I am assuming you are Celsius on the EB forums?

omgkitty

Yeah, how did you know?

Lol. Mockingbird was taken =(

Who are you on the EB forums?

You have the same avatar image haha. I actually don't have an account. I'm just a lurker mostly. I don't own any posters or feel that I would have anything intelligent to say / I don't constantly sit around F5ing to get posters.

Sigma722

Looking at taking a trip down to Austin (from KC) for the Film Foundation Series for Rashomon. The fact that they haven't chosen an artist yet for its print makes me a little worried. Hope it doesn't end up rushed.

Still probably worth it though :)

omgkitty

Looking at taking a trip down to Austin (from KC) for the Film Foundation Series for Rashomon. The fact that they haven't chosen an artist yet for its print makes me a little worried. Hope it doesn't end up rushed.

Still probably worth it though :)

You never know. It could just be a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom