• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Ben

Banned
Upcoming Mondo posters for the screenings.

The Iron Giant by Laurent Durieux

7157889610_65e32a3ca9_b.jpg

How to buy: Will be for the screening at the Alamo Ritz in Austin, Tx, May 26th, 2012

Oh... oh my god. I need that.

Sigma722

If Mondo tweets it, the site SHALL crash!

EDIT:

This makes me think of an awesome comic that currently I am to lazy/busy to create.

Frame 1: Gandolf, "You shall not crash!"
Frame 2: Mondonews tweet "Nope!"
Frame 3: Gandolf falling down pit.

Meier

Dark Shadows by Ghostco

http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduction/ckeditor_assets/pictures/6935/original/DarkShadowsFinal.jpg?1336592282[IMG]

Hand-numbered edition of 270.

Release details to follow.[/QUOTE]

I am seeing an AICN screening tonight at the Drafthouse.. when I saw their tweet (before reading the article) I was hoping we'd get em for free as a part of the show. Sniff sniff. I'll let yall know if they say anything tonight.

Coming soon:

frame1.png

DANIEL DANGER FOR THE PILOT EPISODE
12 X 36 INCHES
SIGNED AND NUMBERED EDITION OF 300 (200 AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE) $50

How to buy online: http://thisaintchemistrythisisart.com/bg/page/

As we approach the new season of "Breaking Bad," to celebrate and honor a show truly kept alive by its fan community, 16 of the top artists and graphic designers have been commissioned to create screenprints depicting some of the series' most memorable scenes, characters and shocking moments. These screenprints are hand-pulled, each its own individual work of art, in an edition of just 300, with only 200 available to the public through this project. Once the edition is sold out, they will never be printed again. Breaking Bad is hands down one of the the best shows on television, if not the best, and what better way to celebrate the show than with these affordable, and very limited, art pieces for your walls.

Please allow 4-5 weeks delivery. No edition number requests will be fulfilled and each print will be shipped individually, so we can cannot combine shipping or shipping costs. Any emails asking about combining shipping or number requests will be ignored. Due to the fragile nature of hand-applied screen printing, and working with paper, these posters are promised in mint to near mint condition, but small differences in coloring, soft corners, ink on the back of the print, and other minor defects are part of the uniqueness of the screenprinting process. Due to the limited nature of this project, there will be no refunds, exchanges or replacements. Customer Service inquiries can be sent to breakinggifs@gmail.com.

Do you have a link for what the LOST posters were like?

It was a poster campaign where you had to search via clues hints for the urls in order to buy the posters. If you do it correctly, you get rewarded with a url where you can purchase a print. Many premier artists were on the project, including Olly Moss (who made his debut with the Locke's Secret print), Tyler Stout, Daniel Danger, Eric Tan, and others.

There was a flaw in the system though, in that if you did not buy before you would have to newly input your shipping and payment info. Which means you'd check out slower than those who had their info saved and would therefore miss on the print.

Click here to see what the posters looked like: http://expressobeans.com/public/search.php?series=825

omgkitty

I was wondering what the chances of some AP versions of certain prints being released? I'm looking at:

Thor
Black Widow
20,000 Leagues
Duck Dodgers

I know how Olly normally does his drops, but I am not really sure how the others do theirs and when.

I was wondering what the chances of some AP versions of certain prints being released? I'm looking at:

Thor
Black Widow
20,000 Leagues
Duck Dodgers

I know how Olly normally does his drops, but I am not really sure how the others do theirs and when.

I believe Duck Dodgers AP is sold out.

Black Widow will be Olly's drop.

Thor will be on postersandtoys.

20,000 Leagues AP will drop at the end of this month on postersandtoys.

omgkitty

I believe Duck Dodgers AP is sold out.

Black Widow will be Olly's drop.

Thor will be on postersandtoys.

20,000 Leagues AP will drop at the end of this month on postersandtoys.

Thanks, but how would the Duck Dodgers AP be sold out already? I didn't hear anything about a separate drop.

Edit: Oh wait. Was it originally at a gallery opening and then the rest were on Mondo?

Thanks, but how would the Duck Dodgers AP be sold out already? I didn't hear anything about a separate drop.

Edit: Oh wait. Was it originally at a gallery opening and then the rest were on Mondo?

No, Tom Whalen got APs to sell as well. I have a signed AP and I got it a month ago. It was, I think $90 shipped. He does sales through his mailing list first sometimes and if there are any leftovers he puts them on his shop.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Success! Finally nab another post I'm interested in. Anyone else get lucky?

edit: ...uh-oh, I just realized that I put in the wrong billing address. I'm moving soon so I updated my info on Mondo last night so it ships to the correct place, but I forgot that I haven't updated my billing address at my bank to the new address. Will that be a problem? I got the order confirmation with Mondo so my card obviously went through...

Meier

Fuck, got to check out and somehow missed it. That blows.. I guess I shouldn't have typed in the note about local pickup.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Fuuuuuuck!! I clicked on the link for Toy Story the moment it popped up on twitter. Went to checkout and it was sold out. RAGE The site gave me a cookie error that slowed me down

V_Ben

Banned
I put in my god damn card details in checkout, and then it was instantly sold out when I clicked that last button. Grr, oh well.

Success! Finally nab another post I'm interested in. Anyone else get lucky?

edit: ...uh-oh, I just realized that I put in the wrong billing address. I'm moving soon so I updated my info on Mondo last night so it ships to the correct place, but I forgot that I haven't updated my billing address at my bank to the new address. Will that be a problem? I got the order confirmation with Mondo so my card obviously went through...

Just to be safe, I recommend e-mailing them now.

Meier

It looks like the screening of Toy Story later this month will have some prints available. Hopefully I have some luck then.. if it's not a guaranteed print with ticket though, I doubt I'll bother.

Never do that. Always e-mail after the order is placed.

I did it on Thor and it worked out. Guess I'll know better next time!

suplex

At this point, I'm almost certain that I have a 0% chance of success on a mondo drop from my work computer. Yet I still try, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom