• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Freaking garbage. Waited so long, got it the second the twitter account posted it, got all the way to checkout, submitted, sold out. Also started the process about 10 seconds before my brother, he got it.

Ugh.

rikichi

wow... mondo site is such shit

couldnt even load the site and by the time the images started to pop up... BAM sold out :(

The page loaded added Iron Man variant sold out in checkout process. Loaded regular Iron Man in checkout process sold out again. Oh well

Managed to get a normal Thor, variant I could not (had it in my cart) but sold out during payment button press. I was wondering, so it does not affect my checkout time if the item sells out before I checkout? What I mean is, it seems that I don't need to remove the item from my cart if it is out of stock, so I don't waste time during checkout for my normal edition. Is this the case? I had always though if something in my cart sold out, I would need to remove it before I can checkout anything in my order.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Managed to get a normal Thor, variant I could not (had it in my cart) but sold out during payment button press. I was wondering, so it does not affect my checkout time if the item sells out before I checkout? What I mean is, it seems that I don't need to remove the item from my cart if it is out of stock, so I don't waste time during checkout for my normal edition. Is this the case? I had always though if something in my cart sold out, I would need to remove it before I can checkout anything in my order.

Pretty sure if it sells out while you have it in your cart, it'll automatically remove it. I had an Iron Man regular and halfway through checking out it took me to the empty cart page.

Meier

Gotta say though, if there's one thing I love about drop days, it's the people who get on Mondo's FB page.

Haha, I hadn't thought of liking them on there. Some pretty choice comments..

You retweet some guy grabbing a regular and a variant thor to the hundreds/thousands who got white screened? Sorry Mondo, that's shitty.
I won't be doing this again. Demand has become too high and Mondo refuses to adapt as a business and make necessary changes to level the playing field. Freezing, waiting, loading, crashing... sitting four hours for a "random" drop. I'm throwing in the towel on this shit.
Your ordering process is an abomination. I refuse to try to order anything from you until you fix your problems
F***, not kidding, 8 hours wait for nothing.. lost a whole day because of this.
hey i got to the iron man checkout before it was sold out, not bad, not bad. I feel like I should get some PS3 trophy for it.. silver. and then a gold for a purchase
(haha, that was pretty good)

On the other hand..
HOLY CRAP I JUST SCORED MY VERY FIRST MONDO POSTER! Today is a very good day!!!!

Sigma722

Co worker had question. I had to get up from desk for 3 minutes to answer.. All posters sold out by the time I return.

:(

Today was definitely hectic, I was refreshing for at least 5 hours, really hoping I won't need to ever do this again. The Ghibli drops better be before 10 AM. :)

Wow, never really read the FB comments before.

Some crybaby is threatening to start his own poster company to show Mondo how it should be done.

He knows someone in licensing!

omgkitty

I think there's an issue of too much complaining. So many people complain after every single drop that Mondo is almost guaranteed to ignore it all. The only time I feel like they would listen is if there was an actual issue with the way things are done.

Meier

I think ultimately the biggest issue is just the number of prints. At some point, hopefully they'll negotiate with these companies to at least allow runs of up to say 500 rather than 320 or so. They would still be extremely rare but at least would allow for some more folks to snag em. The checkout process is still going to be a problem until they can produce thousands, but at least more people would get through.

Porco Rosso is next right? Has that been shown online?

Not yet, I heard it was next but I think that was from a post off of EB or here, and I have no idea if that guy is right or not. I hope it is though since that is another one of my favourite Miyazaki movies.

omgkitty

Not yet, I heard it was next but I think that was from a post off of EB or here, and I have no idea if that guy is right or not. I hope it is though since that is another one of my favourite Miyazaki movies.

I just hope it's as good as Totoro. It's been a while since there's been a poster I've felt I absolutely needed.

Meier

God I would kill for a Porco poster! I went to a screening of it a week or two ago during the ongoing Ghibli retrospective at the Alamo and it was an absolutely fucking GLORIOUS print. Such a wonderful film.

My goal is to get the Jurassic Park Mondo Print by end of summer. It is the movie that inspired me to get into 3D. If I move up in my posistion it is only fitting I treat myself to that damn poster!

I just hope whoever does the Laputa poster does it justice, because that is my most anticipated release. I am also hoping that there would be variants that follow the precedent set by Moss in using the Japanese title so that the set would at least match if I get the variants. :)

omgkitty

I just hope whoever does the Laputa poster does it justice, because that is my most anticipated release. I am also hoping that there would be variants that follow the precedent set by Moss in using the Japanese title so that the set would at least match if I get the variants. :)

I would have to hope that being an animated title that the artists themselves would adhere to original designs when designing their posters. There are just some of the Mondo artists styles that I do not like, and I'm hoping we can get something awesome from all of them by sticking closely to the original artwork.

FnordChan

God I would kill for a Porco poster! I went to a screening of it a week or two ago during the ongoing Ghibli retrospective at the Alamo and it was an absolutely fucking GLORIOUS print. Such a wonderful film.

I am right there with you on both jonsing for a Porco Rosso poster and having seen a film print recently. It was beautiful, the film was wonderful, and I am eager to see what Mondo commissions for their poster release. I also expect bloody rioting the day of the release but, as mentioned, it doesn't do much good to bitch about it at this point.

FnordChan

Yup, Porco is definitely in my top 3 Ghibli (Miyazaki) movies list

Laputa, then either Porco Rosso or Kiki... or maybe Totoro, are my top 3. :)
I actually liked Nausicaa and Mononoke the least out of Miyazaki's work.

omgkitty

I could see them putting out a very awesome Spirited Away print. That film is just ripe with detail and color. Same goes for Howl's Moving Castle. I'd love a really good Kiki poster as well. I think Olly Moss could do something really special with it, but he already did Totoro so that wont't happen.

I could see them putting out a very awesome Spirited Away print. That film is just ripe with detail and color. Same goes for Howl's Moving Castle. I'd love a really good Kiki poster as well. I think Olly Moss could do something really special with it, but he already did Totoro so that wont't happen.

I don't think he's off the list just cause he did Totoro. Ansin did more than one Universal Monster (others were Tong, Bertmer, Horkey).

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
From EB:

Ken Taylor's Thor and Hulk look pretty good next to each other.

thor_blog_thumb.JPG
hulkarchive_thumb.JPG

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Man...the colors on that variant. Blech. Has there been a SS variant that didn't have worse coloring than the original?

That being said, don't even want to buy from SS after the whole Tron debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom