• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5/11/2012:

Dark Shadows by Ghostco

DarkShadowsFinal.jpg

Poster by Ghostco. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 270. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 at a random time

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Is there anything wrong with keeping the prints rolled besides it's a pain to unroll them in general?

If you only take them out rarely, I don't think it's a big deal. You just have to be careful about not rolling them too tightly, and not just dropping them into the tube. I'd get some acid-free tubes if it's anything valuable though. The cardboard tubes they get shipped in aren't acid-free and at least personally, I've seen what a fifteen-year old poster taken out of a cardboard tube looks like. The edges were all yellowed and soft.

If you care about keeping them long-term, frame them or find a way to store them safely.

If you only take them out rarely, I don't think it's a big deal. You just have to be careful about not rolling them too tightly, and not just dropping them into the tube. I'd get some acid-free tubes if it's anything valuable though. The cardboard tubes they get shipped in aren't acid-free and at least personally, I've seen what a fifteen-year old poster taken out of a cardboard tube looks like. The edges were all yellowed and soft.

If you care about keeping them long-term, frame them or find a way to store them safely.

Agree.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Coming soon:

frame1.png

DANIEL DANGER FOR THE PILOT EPISODE
12 X 36 INCHES
SIGNED AND NUMBERED EDITION OF 300 (200 AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE) $50

How to buy online: http://thisaintchemistrythisisart.com/bg/page/

Poster is up.

I managed to grab one. Will go well with the Daniel Danger Star Trek - The Motion Picture print I have.

I can't wait to move goddamn.

Edit: Add button is gone. Back to "For Sale Soon". Either they sold out, or they'll put it back up again later?

Edit 2: Add button is back up. If you want one, go go go go.

Edit 3: Back to "For Sale Soon".

Edit 4: This shit is like a yo-yo. It's back up. Fuck this. You're on your own. WTF it just changed back.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Two of those Daniel Danger Breaking Bad prints are up on eBay already. $295 Buy It Now. That's insane.

Edit: Make that eight already.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
im just getting the for sale soon button. there should be some left if they still have the for sale soon button up, right?

No idea. They kept switching it back and forth, but it stayed on Add for a while after the last time I edited. Made one more switch back to "For Sale Soon" and it's been that way since. I have a friend who wanted one, but he didn't get there in time it seems.

Times like this, I wish I could order two myself, but I totally understand (and agree with) why they don't.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm actually really happy that I FINALLY snagged a print. Any idea when the next Breaking Bad print gets announced?

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Poster is up.

I managed to grab one. Will go well with the Daniel Danger Star Trek - The Motion Picture print I have.

I can't wait to move goddamn.

Edit: Add button is gone. Back to "For Sale Soon". Either they sold out, or they'll put it back up again later?

Edit 2: Add button is back up. If you want one, go go go go.

Edit 3: Back to "For Sale Soon".

Edit 4: This shit is like a yo-yo. It's back up. Fuck this. You're on your own. WTF it just changed back.

How did you know it'd be up? Was there an email or tweet, or were you just keeping an eye on the URL?

Would be good to know for future posters.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
How did you know it'd be up? Was there an email or tweet, or were you just keeping an eye on the URL?

Would be good to know for future posters.

I used an extension called Page Monitor for Chrome as suggested by some others in the thread. I know there's a similar extension for Firefox too.

I just happened to be lucky enough to be around when it was up. I hadn't disabled it yet after I managed to snag one, and I noticed it kept changing, so I kept editing my post. I was also keeping track while trying to get a hold of my friend so he could pick one up too.

This one didn't sell out nearly as fast as the Mondo stuff, and the site didn't fight with me all that much. It flipped back and forth as I noted in the post, but it was more or less available for at least 15-20 minutes.

Sigma722

I don't even necessarily want the poster, but F their site. Jesus.

Edit: In retrospect, ignore that. I am doing what a lot of people probably did, and was part of the problem. Just seeing if I could get to the checkout. Whatev, sold out now anyways.

Edit2: Dark shadows is up

I kind of expected something big for Rashomon since the poster had a tba for the artist.

Night of the Hunter by Phantom City Creative also got revealed:

hunter-emma.jpg

5/12/2012:

They All Float by Mark Englert

they-all-float-final.jpg

they-all-float-GID.jpg

12"x24" screen print. 4 colors + glow in the dark ink.

Run of 120 regular editions $50
Run of 50 regular editions + Sketch $80
Run o 40 Hand finished, dripping blood(red paint/ink) coming down from the top of the print $100

How to buy online: http://tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/ Between 10-11am PST

Meier

I'm sorry, but WTF is this? I'm not feeling that at all.

An incredible work? Honestly, as much as I like a lot of these posters and prints, they're just fun fanservice most of the time. This is a legitimate piece of art -- the design is impeccable. I hope it's only $40-$50 like normal because it's the kind of thing that could probably sell for $100-$200 very easily (even as a print) in a gallery environment.

Lol. I don't think you'll have a problem getting these. It looks good but not a lot of people want an It poster on their wall.

i def hope ur right. i missed out on mark's Thing print so i got to get this one. His GIDs are always sick. I can't wait for the walking dead print, and as for his next stephen king movie he was hinting at, I remember hearing marks saying something about the shinning.

An incredible work? Honestly, as much as I like a lot of these posters and prints, they're just fun fanservice most of the time. This is a legitimate piece of art -- the design is impeccable. I hope it's only $40-$50 like normal because it's the kind of thing that could probably sell for $100-$200 very easily (even as a print) in a gallery environment.

Probably just didn't think it as art it's just basically a photoshoped image from the film that looks like a Criterion cover. Not really the norm of what we see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom