• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a "They All Float" print! Didn't think the extra $30 was worth it for the drawing, and definitely wasnt feeling the dripping blood, so I picked up a regular. Good luck!

Aw, fuck.

EDIT- SUCCESS! After reading how they do the checkout, I decided to refresh a few times, on the off chance that someone grabbed more than they wanted. Eventually, print+sketch became available.

omgkitty

An incredible work? Honestly, as much as I like a lot of these posters and prints, they're just fun fanservice most of the time. This is a legitimate piece of art -- the design is impeccable. I hope it's only $40-$50 like normal because it's the kind of thing that could probably sell for $100-$200 very easily (even as a print) in a gallery environment.

No. It's a blown up still from the film with some effects added in. I love still shot images, but seeing some of the other stuff Delicious Design League has done in the past, this one is disappointing. I love Rashomon and just figured they'd go for something a little more awesome. I'll admit I don't hate it, and it's a decent poster, just not my favorite. As far as I'm concerned, this is still the best Rashomon poster out there:

507031.1020.A.jpg

Dreweyes

No. It's a blown up still from the film with some effects added in. I love still shot images, but seeing some of the other stuff Delicious Design League has done in the past, this one is disappointing. I love Rashomon and just figured they'd go for something a little more awesome. I'll admit I don't hate it, and it's a decent poster, just not my favorite. As far as I'm concerned, this is still the best Rashomon poster out there:

507031.1020.A.jpg

Forgot about that gem... man so great.

omgkitty

I started looking at some of the prints in the database on Expresso Beans, and seeing some of the prices for some of my favorite prints and it almost makes me want to cry. It's kind of ridiculous how much some prints are worth and I finally start to understand why some people will buy just about every print Mondo releases. They all go up in value immediately no matter what. The value of Moss prints is out of this world. The Struzan Frankenstein print goes for up to $1200 dollars. It really makes me wish I had started following the print scene much sooner.

I started looking at some of the prints in the database on Expresso Beans, and seeing some of the prices for some of my favorite prints and it almost makes me want to cry. It's kind of ridiculous how much some prints are worth and I finally start to understand why some people will buy just about every print Mondo releases. They all go up in value immediately no matter what. The value of Moss prints is out of this world. The Struzan Frankenstein print goes for up to $1200 dollars. It really makes me wish I had started following the print scene much sooner.

Bridesmaids. Sold instantly on Mondo in seconds and now flippers can't barely get their money back on it.

Meier

Got my Squirtle.. no Pikachu *sniff sniff*. On top of that, the postman decided to bend the SHIT out of the envelope packaging it came in to stuff it into our little mailbox. Fortunately the heart of the image was not bent but there is a major crease on the paper. Doubly disappointing. :(

Edit: Oops, meant to say the heart of it was not bent.

Dreweyes

Got my Squirtle.. no Pikachu *sniff sniff*. On top of that, the postman decided to bend the SHIT out of the envelope packaging it came in to stuff it into our little mailbox. Fortunately the heart of the image was bent but there is a major crease on the paper. Doubly disappointing. :(

Can you complain to the postal service at all?

omgkitty

I just bought this:

tumblr_lsva20I6Tr1r3aidzo1_500.jpg

I remember seeing this print about 8 months ago and could not find anywhere to buy it but luckily he put one up on his shop. Absolutely love the film and the print. I'll have to post my own photos once I receive it.

Dreweyes

I doubt they'd do anything. The packaging doesn't say Do Not Bend or anything (for whatever reason) so I guess there's no real recourse.

This thing was basically crammed into a small rectangular hole.. I'm surprised it wasn't much worse really.

Olly is on GAF, perhaps PM him about it? If anything, maybe he can use the small thin cardboard box slips instead of the paper to mail the prints from now on... or he could make a cool sticker/stamp to put on each package that says FRAGILE DO NOT BEND (in a clever well thought out design of course) But I wouldn't mind paying more for shipping for a better receptacle to make sure that doesn't happen to mine.

Olly is on GAF, perhaps PM him about it? If anything, maybe he can use the small thin cardboard box slips instead of the paper to mail the prints from now on... or he could make a cool sticker/stamp to put on each package that says FRAGILE DO NOT BEND (in a clever well thought out design of course) But I wouldn't mind paying more for shipping for a better receptacle to make sure that doesn't happen to mine.

Might also want to contact Mitch Putnam, who was in charge of shipping: mcnail@gmail.com
e-mail Olly at shipping@ollymoss.co.uk

They should get you sorted out. Include pics of the damage as well.

I doubt they'd do anything. The packaging doesn't say Do Not Bend or anything (for whatever reason) so I guess there's no real recourse.

This thing was basically crammed into a small rectangular hole.. I'm surprised it wasn't much worse really.

Yea I've had packages saying fragile and do not bend and they still folded them and shoved them in the box. There is nothing the USPS will do about it unless it was insured.

The other day I got a poster in a tube while I was home, instead of bringing it to my door they hid it in a corner or the garage door because it was raining. The whole thing got soaked, was afraid the print was ruined but was saved by it being double tubed inside so even though the 2nd tube was wet too, it didn't soak into the actual print.

Dreweyes

Yea I've had packages saying fragile and do not bend and they still folded them and shoved them in the box. There is nothing the USPS will do about it unless it was insured.

The other day I got a poster in a tube while I was home, instead of bringing it to my door they hid it in a corner or the garage door because it was raining. The whole thing got soaked, was afraid the print was ruined but was saved by it being double tubed inside so even though the 2nd tube was wet too, it didn't soak into the actual print.

It's simple.... we knockout your postman.

omgkitty

How do most artists handle stuff like this? With limited print runs and availability, I could see it being very hard to appease someone who has had this happen to them. It's not like they can just go print you another one.

How do most artists handle stuff like this? With limited print runs and availability, I could see it being very hard to appease someone who has had this happen to them. It's not like they can just go print you another one.

Assume it's a case by case basis, some artists likely keep some extra prints in case of anything that they might be able to send you, but really such a problem like this is the posts fault, so if you didn't get insurance on your shipping then your out of luck. I'm sure some artists will end up dealing with really angry customers and they might give them a refund, but they don't have too.

Likely for the pokemon one, you'll get an ap copy as a replacement. He did that for the Double Ghost release.

Meier

I emailed Olly and copied Mitch and Mitch wrote back almost immediately and said he'd ship a new one. Good stuff! Hopefully I don't run into the same issue this time...

Tron & Tron Legacy Regular and Variant editions by Martin Ansin will be on-sale tomorrow at posterandtoys.net at a random time

5/16/2012:

Tron/Tron: Legacy Artist Proof Edition Set by Martin Ansin

tronarchive_thumb.JPG
legacyarchive_thumb.JPG

24"x36" screen print. Hand-numbered artist proof edition. $150.

How to buy online: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff at a random time.

Tron/Tron: Legacy Variant Artist Proof Edition Set by Martin Ansin

9013061_press01-001.jpg
9013071_press01-001.jpg

24"x36" screen print. Hand-numbered artist proof edition. $200.

How to buy online: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff at a random time.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Oof.

Just went out and bought a bunch of framing supplies. Paying for the prints is the easy part. $150+ on glass and frames always kills me though.

Sigma722

The link for the second breaking bad poster will be revealed tomorrow at
Ink Sack. 8360 Melrose Ave. 11 AM PT.

Anybody going to go out for it?

I'm hoping that it isn't one of the prime artists so that I can register for the site for when the big ones drop. I missed out on the first poster.

5/17/2012:

Conan the Barbarian by Jason Edmiston

e1337143656.jpg

Poster by Jason Edmiston. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 320. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 at a random time.

Conan the Barbarian Variant Edition by Jason Edmiston

scaled_e1337143687.jpg

Poster by Jason Edmiston. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 100. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $85

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 at a random time.

A Nightmare on Elm Street by Iron Jaiden

e1337143730.jpg

Poster by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer by Ken Taylor

e1337143766.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 245. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

The link for the second breaking bad poster will be revealed tomorrow at
Ink Sack. 8360 Melrose Ave. 11 AM PT.

Anybody going to go out for it?

I'm hoping that it isn't one of the prime artists so that I can register for the site for when the big ones drop. I missed out on the first poster.

I'll be there but chances are you can't buy it on-site. You couldn't buy the first poster at the first event. It should drop hours after the event.

5/21/2012:

Murphy It's You by Tim Doyle

Robocop.jpg

Six color screen print on 100# cougar white with metallic silver
Edition of 225
signed and numbered
18" x 24"
$40

How to buy online: http://store.spoke-art.com/collections/the-castro-theatre-series on Monday, May 21st at 3pm PST.

Murphy It's You Variant Edition by Tim Doyle

Robocop+tim+doyle+Variant+poster.jpg

Six color screen print on 111# pearlescent paper with metallic silver
Edition of 50
signed and numbered
18" x 24"

How to buy online: http://store.spoke-art.com/collections/the-castro-theatre-series on Monday, May 21st at 3pm PST.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
7211798186_e5108b6a7f_z.jpg

Pikachu is up! Just waiting on another frame for Squirtle to get here now.

Almost finally had my Det Er En Slags Ting up but I went to slide the glass in and realized the guy from Lowes didn't cut the glass short enough :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom