• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom

I was almost as relieved as much as I was disappointed when I saw Psycho had sold out, but then it popped back up and now I'm going to be eating noodle cups for dinner.

First time I've managed to get a drop I was after since mid-2012 though, so I wasn't aware shipping had gone up.

Bii

Moss said there are going to be at least 20 in the sries. this man knows how to take my money .

Oh wow. I'm gonna be so broke if it drops within the next week.

I got in on Mondo's drops today for Prometheus (Regular & Variant) and Alien (regular). I only wanted Alien and as soon as I refreshed the page, my hand/mind reacted automatically and started to checkout as soon as I can. When I completed the purchase, I saw that I got a Prometheus which I wasn't planning on getting. So I tried again and went for Alien. It was stalled when I was trying to add it to the cart, so I tried adding other posters to the cart. It went through again and now I have a variant Prometheus and finally, an Alien regular. I wasn't going to try and remove Prometheus in my cart as soon as I landed in the checkout process.

Not sure what I'll do with the Prometheus posters; I'll probably just sell it. :/

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
It's up again.

EDIT: Gone.

I was watching for the stagger, but despite always seeing "in stock" on the product info page, I never got anything but an "out of stock" message when I clicked "add to cart"

Like I said, its OK. Like IronRinn, I'm supposed to be downsizing the collection, and I still have all of Mockingbird's commissions on the way!

Oh wow. I'm gonna be so broke if it drops within the next week.

I got in on Mondo's drops today for Prometheus (Regular & Variant) and Alien (regular). I only wanted Alien and as soon as I refreshed the page, my hand/mind reacted automatically and started to checkout as soon as I can. When I completed the purchase, I saw that I got a Prometheus which I wasn't planning on getting. So I tried again and went for Alien. It was stalled when I was trying to add it to the cart, so I tried adding other posters to the cart. It went through again and now I have a variant Prometheus and finally, an Alien regular. I wasn't going to try and remove Prometheus in my cart as soon as I landed in the checkout process.

Not sure what I'll do with the Prometheus posters; I'll probably just sell it. :/

I've accidentally added things to my mondo cart and emailed them. they are very helpful

NateDrake

BjLmA2zIUAECjgc.png

I wish Ned still had his head

lol at the sausage for Theon.

Any idea when the set will be released?

jordisok

Goes by Scott C. Not sure on his full name. That print was in the OP for a while and I picked it up when it was linked on there. It's gone now I think.

As mentioned his name is Scott Campbell. He used to work at Double Fine (still does some work for them I believe) and was the art director on Psychonauts and Brutal Legend. He has a whole series, of which that Lord of the Rings piece is a part of, called The Great Showdowns.

Thanks for the info guys, shame I'm late on that series but I'll definitely keep an eye on his stuff in future!

EDIT: Seems he's collected a lot of his stuff in a book(s), very tempting.

Me thinks it might coincide with the Season 4 opener?

OM also mentioned these will definitely be part of the set
Arya
Brienne
Daenerys
Melisandre
Syrio Forel
Ygritte

Could def go for A Syrio Forel.

"All men are made of water, do you know this? When you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."

Trasher

I'm obligated to buy all of these... Curse you Olly! This has been an expensive 2014 so far for me. Mainly because I've decided to frame a lot of stuff.

Natlebug

Neo Member
My Iaccarino Ghost in the Shell print came today. It looks amazing in person. It is currently being flattened. Still bummed I wasn't able to pick up the variant before it sold out.

Salamando

Have people been receiving their Disney prints from the Mondo drop last tuesday? Checked my order online, and it's still at "new". Thought since the prints would've been already prepared for the show that they'd have shipped by now.

Natlebug

Neo Member
What color was yours?? I got mine today it looks like this.

It's supposed to look like this

Mine looks just like yours. I"m not sure if this happens a lot with Iaccarino prints, but my Cowboy Bebop one seems slightly different than the image on his store. However I also have his Walking Dead Season 3 print, and that looks identical to the picture. Maybe it just happens to anime prints :p

What color was yours?? I got mine today it looks like this.

It's supposed to look like this

Ummm. Wow. That's kind of a big difference. I don't like what I see in the photo. Please tell me it impresses in person.

Also, here is my finished Golden Time commission by Hebitsukai.

500GoldenTime_2_2forweb_zpseb8e8a6f.jpg

(detail)

goldentimesnippet_zps25d6d238.jpg

13"x10" 5 colors screenprint on China White Colorplan paper + iridescent gold varnish layer. Hand-Numbered Limited Edition of 16.

Want to do Toradora next as a complement to Golden Time.

Rinemie

Neo Member
Ummm. Wow. That's kind of a big difference. I don't like what I see in the photo. Please tell me it impresses in person.

Also, here is my finished Golden Time commission by Hebitsukai.

500GoldenTime_2_2forweb_zpseb8e8a6f.jpg

(detail)

goldentimesnippet_zps25d6d238.jpg

13"x10" 5 colors screenprint on China White Colorplan paper + iridescent gold varnish layer. Hand-Numbered Limited Edition of 16.

Want to do Toradora next as a complement to Golden Time.

I've fallen in love with this Golden Time piece already.

I've fallen in love with this Golden Time piece already.

Thanks. To be honest, the fact that there was someone other than myself that watches Golden Time and is on this thread as well exceeded my expectations. Lol.

I really love Hebitsukai's work -- and he's really, really pleasant to work with. He doesn't speak English though so having to do the communication in Japanese is quite interesting for me, and I'm happy I get to practice and use it more.

His work right now is actually featured on the homepage of Artes Magazine http://magazine.artespublishing.com/ (the shuffling banner on the front page).

Aside from Golden Time, he also just finished this piece:

Shounin to Catarushisu (Acknowledgement and Catharsis)

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=42374626

Why is there a green border? I don't get it? Also, I'm guessing the artist didn't provide the printer with pantone #s, so the printer likely tried to match the colors themselves and this is the result. Not sure. I definitely would not have bought a copy if I saw this.

With that said, regarding Metal Gear. Ummmm yeah part of the reason why it's taking a while is because of the color matching. I can say right now that neither will look like the jpeg -- I'm hoping it will look better. These are printed on colored metallic paper, so the gray is more silver, and the red is not as bright but not in a bad way. Both should look better.

Sushigod7

Why is there a green border? I don't get it? Also, I'm guessing the artist didn't provide the printer with pantone #s, so the printer likely tried to match the colors themselves and this is the result. Not sure. I definitely would not have bought a copy if I saw this.

With that said, regarding Metal Gear. Ummmm yeah part of the reason why it's taking a while is because of the color matching. I can say right now that neither will look like the jpeg -- I'm hoping it will look better. These are printed on colored metallic paper, so the gray is more silver, and the red is not as bright but not in a bad way. Both should look better.

Your probably right in regard to the GitS he posted a message on FB about having "printer issues" and last month said whoever he was working with was no longer there. Pretty poor form though to switch design at the last minute the border makes no sense at all.

Sounds good on the Metal Gear excited to see it.

Moss

Colour-matching is a ball-ache. That's why, when you find good printers, you bloody well stick with them. DL and Static Medium are so amazing for those reasons.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Colour-matching is a ball-ache. That's why, when you find good printers, you bloody well stick with them. DL and Static Medium are so amazing for those reasons.

I think more than any other, Static Medium's stuff always blows my mind in person > JPEG.

I think more than any other, Static Medium's stuff always blows my mind in person > JPEG.

Eh. Yeah the giclees look good, but that's giclee. You usually don't know which screenprints are done by static medium. I know DKNG, Kevin Tong, among others uses Static (Danny), but I have no idea which are by him usually since not even EB has that info. With that said, the stuff Danny puts out is definitely good.

It looks like for the Ghost in the Shell, he used The Half & Half. I know G1988 used them for the Oscars prints last year. I don't remember the colors being off on the posters last year though.

Sushigod7

Probably a good idea, he used Nakatomi for Space Cowboy be decided to use Half & Half on this one.

Sigma722

Probably a good idea, he used Nakatomi for Space Cowboy be decided to use Half & Half on this one.

I think Nakatomi and others said they couldn't do what he was wanting with it. I wonder if it was a "lines are too detailed" so we can't physically print problem, or if his idea was dumb and they decided they didn't want to be a part, heh.

I think I'd need to see it in person to judge, but it's still a shame how much it differs from what was advertised.

IronRinn

Motherfucker.

Had the Englert carted but cart kicked me out because it had added two tubes to my cart. Fixed that, went through and got a sold out.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Same here on the Englerts. I was kind of hoping to find something I liked more anyway. I had the regular Englert in my cart, but was too slow on the checkout.

Ah well. I really should be saving money anyway.

LaneDS

This'll be the purchase that gets me to invest in a flat file, as I don't plan to hang the print in my current place (glow in the dark would just be odd).

fallengorn- little, sadly. Shodan will get a good home on the secondary market I guess.

Natlebug

Neo Member
I had both in my cart, then paypal went extra slow for me so I didn't get either... sad day. Now I have to pay probably quadruple on eBay.

Edit: If anyone managed to pick one up, and wants to get rid of it while making some extra money :) let me know. I'd rather buy from someone here versus eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom