• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

I've never figured out how to get that program working correctly. You have to highlight text for it to check...it can't just check the entire page. It's really dumb.

I would just use it to highlight everything on the page, especially the images. Once they change, it goes off.

Trasher

From the Olly EB thread:
Did anyone else just see Olly's Instagram? The GOT minis were up! Didn't take a screenshot unfortunately!

O2iUsrJ.png

Sigma722

People going for the Frozen today. Don't forget to keep adding to cart when you fail the first time. Stagger ought to hit hard on this one.

Also page checkers are no where near good enough to guarantee a drop. Might be enough for a Whalen, but won't cut it for the crazy artists. Frozen might be tricky too, if not for the hype behind the movie, then the hype of the flippers thinking it will flip, when in reality ALL of the copies will be going to flippers, and the immediate market will be terrible.

I also think that this is one of the first of Mondo's FB posts that didn't hit all of their fans. The posting of it only had 186 likes, whereas inside llewyn davis had nearly 300, which is not nearly as popular.

Sigma722

Well, really just trying to help out. But what can I say *shrugs*

Edit: I don't really know what will happen afterwards, but I do see a huge amount hitting ebay afterwards (more than usual). So actual prices should be decent.

Meier

Ugh, I'm an idiot. Tried to pay with Paypal and it just got stuck processing. Haven't bought from the site in awhile.

Sold out.

suplex

Well that was a shit show.

First I got some sort of cart error from the hosting company.

Then I got logged out.

Oh well, looking for this to give as a gift.

theaface

Ugh. Had it set up as best as I could, but everything just froze up on me. :(

If any kind soul managed to bag one that they don't want to keep, please let me know!

Cheska

Wasn't expecting to be home when these dropped, and even more surprised I managed to land a Frozen since I was distracted by a phone call when the page updated.

Does Mondo ever not guarantee your print once you've gotten order confirmation? Like, have they ever cancelled an order?

IronRinn

Some dude on EB (who I've sold to before, incidentally) has one for $125.00

Wasn't expecting to be home when these dropped, and even more surprised I managed to land a Frozen since I was distracted by a phone call when the page updated.

Does Mondo ever not guarantee your print once you've gotten order confirmation? Like, have they ever cancelled an order?

I, and others, have had orders canceled.

Judging from the reactions, I guess I'm lucky that there's a power outtage here at work so no go on Frozen for me anyways.

Congrats to those who managed to snag one or any of the other prints that were up today.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Ha, nice one. One day, I want to see a proper stack of all the posters you have. I bet it's as tall as a person.

three very full flat file drawers.

a decent amount on the wall these days. most of my energy is going there now.

My biggest three priorities print collecting wise:

Whalen
Moss (especially small format, and anything I like that's larger... still need LoA though)
Large-format prints/art for my downstairs (just bought the Daniel Danger!)

Outside of that I'm mostly framing stuff these days as I can. A piece at a time with the framing devil

Trasher

Whalen
Moss (especially small format, and anything I like that's larger... still need LoA though)

Outside of that I'm mostly framing stuff these days as I can. A piece at a time with the framing devil

I saw the pics of your Olly pieces posted recently by the Devil I think!

Mine should be finished up towards the end of the month I think. I can't wait! :)

theaface

Well, after the absolute stress and drama of trying and failing for the online drop I managed to buy a copy from an EB seller for a price I was ok with paying.

Perhaps not the ideal way of doing it, but I can now look forward to receiving my Aladdin, Lion King and Frozen prints and making a really nice display of them.

ohkay

I'm glad I failed in the Frozen drop. I've spent too much money on prints this month, and there's still a few I want to pick up.

3/19/2014:

The Evil Queen Artist Proof Edition by Jason Edmiston

Evil_Queen_giclee_sm.jpg

Signed, 16" x 20" giclee print, with archival inks on acid-free paper. $75

How to buy online: http://jasonedmiston.bigcartel.com/ @ 12 PM EST.

Maleficent Artist Proof Edition by Jason Edmiston

Maleficent_final_2.jpg

Ursula Artist Proof Edition by Jason Edmiston

Ursula_final.jpg

V_Ben

Banned

Whalen

Ha, that's pretty awesome. There was a LoA on eBay a couple of months back, ended up going for a a bit over £100, lowest i've seen one aside from the actual sale itself. Still kicking myself for not going to that.

All of mine are still in tubes, waiting for me to have my own place to put them up in. Save for my Last Of Us PAX poster, which is in a frame that might be around 40/50 years old... fits well with the theme.

TLOU_Final_3.jpg

I didn't choose to get this one framed, folks chose it and surprised me one christmas. I guess I do have a couple of my Moss ALWW posters framed, but the frames themselves are terrible store bought things, so I want to get them out of there before putting them up again.

Dawg

how long after invoices can you add an extra metal gear order, mockingbird?

I try to check this thread every few days, but I'm always afraid I'll lose out on it D:

Sushigod7

blind boxes would murder me after this past week of print stuff (Danger, Roamcouch canvas, possible Englert sub)

Hopefully it's not blind boxes I really don't want to screw with trading buying the ones I don't get and with this I need all of them. Olly we need a set option like all of them for 125 or something like that. No blind boxes on these!!

Trasher

Hopefully it's not blind boxes I really don't want to screw with trading buying the ones I don't get and with this I need all of them. Olly we need a set option like all of them for 125 or something like that. No blind boxes on these!!

Yup. I need them all. No questions asked. I will custom frame them ALL together potentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom