• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
$45 total? Nice.

What did we pay initially? I don't even remember.

Everyone paid $20 initially. Oh, but shipping is another $15, I think.

But I initially thought printing would be an extra $30, so it's cheaper by $5. Thank goodness it's not. As soon as the metal gears are shipped I will announce the next neogaf commission. I think everyone will like it.

For full disclosure, 100 copies of each colorway are being printed. 80 of each will for sure be part of the run. The remaining 20 each have to be used as tests for registration and such. I don't know how many of the 20 each will have to be discarded due to errors in registration, but whatever is good will be added to the signed/numbered run. So the run may be a bit higher than 80. The amount everyone is paying though covers printing for 100.

Sushigod7

Just paid for the printing. Metal Gear Solid Invoices will be going out tonite. Prices are finalized. Might take a while to go through 80 + people so if you don't get it tonite, you'll get tomorrow or the day after.

I gotta recheck the calculations but I think the cost per print is $45. Since everyone already paid $20, the amount owed per print is $25.

If you are international, your payment will be done via ebay, most like.

Sounds good so this is printing and shipping? I kind of lost track if it was both or not.

Sounds good so this is printing and shipping? I kind of lost track if it was both or not.

Printing is $25. Shipping is another $15 I think. I'll have to calculate tube and kraft cost, but I think $15 is already over estimating it?

Also, this is on the assumption that you only want one poster. If you grabbed a set, then your downpayment only covers, one poster -- naturally.

I'll make another post late night tonite with all the details.

Wait. Printing might be $1~$2 cheaper. =P I'll have it all sorted out tonite. No more than $25 for sure though.

Ok. Printing cost is actually $22. There are some cents leftover though, for full disclosure. I guess that covers the gas.

So total cost for a print is $42. If you pre-ordered.

If you didn't pre-order the cost is $43. Why? Because paypal fees for another $20 have to be taken into account. a fixed percentage fee from $22 and $42 are different, is why.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Augh Mondo why. I want that Upstream Color. Great print, great movie.

IPns0Uo.jpg

Natlebug

Neo Member
USPS strikes again.. So far they have bent, and ultimately ruined, two Moss drawings (Master Chief and Fox McCloud). Now they have lost my 'Tetsuo Wins' by Godmachine print in transit.

Not sure why the postal service has a vendetta against me. But it makes me and my wallet very sad. Only the Godmachine print was insured by the seller.

Postal Service: 3 Me: -3

Bii

USPS strikes again.. So far they have bent, and ultimately ruined, two Moss drawings (Master Chief and Fox McCloud). Now they have lost my 'Tetsuo Wins' by Godmachine print in transit.

Not sure why the postal service has a vendetta against me. But it makes me and my wallet very sad. Only the Godmachine print was insured by the seller.

Postal Service: 3 Me: -3

How are the seller(s) packing the Olly Moss prints? When I sold a few, I sandwiched them in between some cardboard pieces, in a bubble mailer and wrote "do not bend" on the packaging and they all arrived perfectly.

Natlebug

Neo Member
How are the seller(s) packing the Olly Moss prints? When I sold a few, I sandwiched them in between some cardboard pieces, in a bubble mailer and wrote "do not bend" on the packaging and they all arrived perfectly.

They were packed quite similar to yours, however there was no bubble wrap. The packages clearly said "Do Not Bend". But the postal workers crammed the packages into my mailbox, thus bending them. I've contacted the postal service about it, so that shouldn't happen again thankfully. But now a whole other issue arose.

Sushigod7

They were packed quite similar to yours, however there was no bubble wrap. The packages clearly said "Do Not Bend". But the postal workers crammed the packages into my mailbox, thus bending them. I've contacted the postal service about it, so that shouldn't happen again thankfully. But now a whole other issue arose.

I think the best way to ship those little guys is to sandwich in cardboard then put into a larger box with bubble on both sides that way it looks like a reg package so they aren't tempted to stuff it into a small postal box or mailbox. Sorry for the luck though thats pretty ridiculous have you complained to the post master? Its obviously at the office I have no issues with stuff like that.

Up now.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by Kazu Kibuishi

size500_prints_KazuK_HPSorcerStone_main.jpg

Officially licensed, 17.5" x 24" signed/numbered edition of 500 giclee on velvet fine art paper. accompanied by a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity, a feather, secured in an envelope with a custom wax seal honoring the iconic post owls, then wrapped in brown paper, twine and finally placed in a sturdy tube for shipping. $150. Use code GRJ80M1D for 15% off (expires 3.31.2014)

How to buy online: http://www.gallerynucleus.com/detail/16982

Prints for the other 6 books are up now as well on the same site.

Sigma722

Printing is $25. Shipping is another $15 I think. I'll have to calculate tube and kraft cost, but I think $15 is already over estimating it?

Also, this is on the assumption that you only want one poster. If you grabbed a set, then your downpayment only covers, one poster -- naturally.

I'll make another post late night tonite with all the details.

Shipping combined orders first?!?!?! :D

I'm excited to see them both (paprika and mgs that is)

Woo! It's happeninggggg!

Natlebug

Neo Member
I think the best way to ship those little guys is to sandwich in cardboard then put into a larger box with bubble on both sides that way it looks like a reg package so they aren't tempted to stuff it into a small postal box or mailbox. Sorry for the luck though thats pretty ridiculous have you complained to the post master? Its obviously at the office I have no issues with stuff like that.

Yeah I talked with them about it. They put me in contact with someone who seems very friendly and they put a note on my account so it won't happen again. I guess we'll find out if that holds true the next time I order a print which ships flat. Fingers crossed. I would hate to end up with my Moss True Detective prints ruined.

Ok. Invoices will go out later tonite. I actually already sent one to listerfeend. But I also want to be sure everyone knows about the differences between the JPEG and what they will receive. I think it's important to note after that Ghost in the Shell incident. I suspect printing will begin late next week.

Neogaf Commission #1: Metal Gear Solid - Gray Fox (Silver) by ash Thorp

tumblr_myucp1VlUa1qetwo2o2_500.png

1. Instead of Gray, the color of the background is Stardream Silver -- which is the paper color as can be seen here: http://legionpaper.squarespace.com/stardream/

2. Every ink color will have metallics.

3. There will be an invisible gloss layer over the text. This gloss layer will be printed using UV Cured ink, and sent through a UV curing machine. With this process, the UV inks will actually rise up, so you can feel it when you run your fingers over it.

4. Depending on whether it looks better or not, there may or may not be a layer of varnish over the rest of the inks.

Neogaf Commission #1a: Metal Gear Solid - Gray Fox (Jupiter) by ash Thorp

tumblr_myucp1VlUa1qetwo2o1_500.png

1. Instead of red, the color of the background is Stardream Jupiter -- which is the paper color as can be seen here: http://legionpaper.squarespace.com/stardream/

2. Every ink color will have metallics.

3. There will be an invisible gloss layer over the text. This gloss layer will be printed using UV Cured ink, and sent through a UV curing machine. With this process, the UV inks will actually rise up, so you can feel it when you run your fingers over it.

4. Depending on whether it looks better or not, there may or may not be a layer of varnish over the rest of the inks.

------------------------

The differences between jpeg and the screenprint will hopefully make the screenprint better than the jpeg. The biggest difference is the background color of print #1, so if you really wanted gray w/o metallics, let me know and I can arrange for a change or a refund.

Oh, the invoice also includes the title and artist for the next neogaf commission. It is the first in a set of two prints. I think they will complement each other. You can guess what the second print is going to be from the title of the first.

This is still all tentative though. Please keep it under wraps for now, but send me a PM if you'd like to get on the list.

If you are international you will receive an ebay link instead of an invoice.

Super excited to see the finished products (and now for the mysterious invoice about the next prints). Thanks!

Sweet! Unfortunately it won't be for a few more hours cause i have to cross reference a document on my other computer. Listerfeend is the only one I knew for sure only wanted a reg.

Mockingbird, I'm down to do local pickup.

And thanks again, its going to look so sweet :)

awesome! I suppose the easiest way would be for me to bring it to one of the upcoming gallery shows once it's done. I'll be able to give it to you guys flat so no need to bring a tube or anything.

If you're in the san diego area local pick up can be arranged on the day I go to get these signed, so that is an option as well.

I hadn't seen it asked, but since you've paid them now did they give you a date as to when they will be ready for pickup?

I actually forgot to ask... But I think it should be done within 3 weeks if I had to guess.

We had to wait for the paper samples to make sure it's the one we want to use. Then I paid -- after confirming sales tax wasn't needed by their accountant. So it's done up to here. Invoices will go out.

Now they'll get the paper (which shouldn't take long since the distributor is in los angeles). Then they'll do a final color test which needs to be approved. Then it goes to print. Then the final UV layer passes need to be approved. Then once that's done I pick them up and arrange a date with ash to get these signed. Then shipping can begin.

also, normally with other printers there wouldn't need to be so many approval processes. If I used a different printer there would be 0 approval processes most like, With that said, it still wouldn't be done cause the ones I contacted were all booked until april anyhow...
But, since I'm local there's the benefit of being able to go in and check things out.

The final product would've turned out radically different if a different printer was used, actually -- and these haven't even been printed yet! It's crazy. Most like the paper would've been white - probably printed on cougar or french, and there would be no uv cured inks cause most places don't have a curing machine, for instance.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Everyone paid $20 initially. Oh, but shipping is another $15, I think.

But I initially thought printing would be an extra $30, so it's cheaper by $5. Thank goodness it's not. As soon as the metal gears are shipped I will announce the next neogaf commission. I think everyone will like it.

For full disclosure, 100 copies of each colorway are being printed. 80 of each will for sure be part of the run. The remaining 20 each have to be used as tests for registration and such. I don't know how many of the 20 each will have to be discarded due to errors in registration, but whatever is good will be added to the signed/numbered run. So the run may be a bit higher than 80. The amount everyone is paying though covers printing for 100.

So basically we'll owe you $40 if we paid the down payment already. Well, $80 for me since I bought one for a friend as well, wait, $15 shipping the same if you bought 2? If so then I still owe $65. :)

Next commission? Awesome. I hope it's another game I enjoy.

Sushigod7

I actually forgot to ask... But I think it should be done within 3 weeks if I had to guess.

We had to wait for the paper samples to make sure it's the one we want to use. Then I paid -- after confirming sales tax wasn't needed by their accountant. So it's done up to here. Invoices will go out.

Now they'll get the paper (which shouldn't take long since the distributor is in los angeles). Then they'll do a final color test which needs to be approved. Then it goes to print. Then the final UV layer passes need to be approved. Then once that's done I pick them up and arrange a date with ash to get these signed. Then shipping can begin.

also, normally with other printers there wouldn't need to be so many approval processes. If I used a different printer there would be 0 approval processes most like, With that said, it still wouldn't be done cause the ones I contacted were all booked until april anyhow...
But, since I'm local there's the benefit of being able to go in and check things out.

The final product would've turned out radically different if a different printer was used, actually -- and these haven't even been printed yet! It's crazy. Most like the paper would've been white - probably printed on cougar or french, and there would be no uv cured inks cause most places don't have a curing machine, for instance.

I'm forever thankful you have gone to such lengths to make sure this runs smoothly and taken a lot of your time in doing so. Thanks again!!

IronRinn

I am so sick of these Fancy-PosterGAF drops. I get on Fancy-PosterGAF as soon as the tweet goes out, get one in my cart, and by the time I get to checkout they've sold out. And then tons of them show up on eBay at three times the price. I'm sick of these fucking flippers using bots and buying multiple copies and screwing over the people who just want the print. You should get to hold them in your cart for a few minutes so you can pay. I bet Fancy-PosterGAF probably holds a bunch of them back to flip on eBay anyway. Fuck Fancy-PosterGAF, I don't have time for this shit.

BigHow

Neo Member
Not to single you out, but it kinda blows my mind that people are not going for both.

Heh, I thought about it, but I don't have any great emotional affinity for the old Flash Gordon serials and decided to pass on it due to wallspace being at a premium (thanks to my dual hobbies of collecting original comic art and Fancy Posters, and, you know, the occasional family photos).

I was tempted to cop the other half just to be a completist and leave it in my flat file, but one of my goals for 2014 is to thin out my various collections so I managed to fight the urge this time. But who knows if I'll end up running to eBay in a few weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom