• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up now:

Blow-Up by Malleus

MABU-2.jpg

Movie: Blow-Up
Artist/Designer: Malleus
Event: Dark City Gallery's British Cinema Series
Edition: Limited Edition of 100
Signed: Hand signed by the artist
Numbered: Hand numbered
Format: 6-Colour screen print
Size: 19.5 X 27.5 inches
£40.00

How to buy online: http://www.darkcitygallery.com/British_Film_Posters_s/1899.htm

Up now:

Blow-Up Variant Edition by Malleus

MABUV-2.jpg

Movie: Blow-Up
Artist/Designer: Malleus
Event: Dark City Gallery's British Cinema Series
Edition: Limited Edition of 35
Signed: Hand signed by the artist
Numbered: Hand numbered
Format: 6-Colour screen print
Size: 19.5 X 27.5 inches
£65.00

How to buy online: http://www.darkcitygallery.com/British_Film_Posters_s/1899.htm

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Lil' question for you guys. (cross posting from my thread)

I'm thinking of a way to add value and a more human touch to the redbubble prints. So i had this idea to let people send me a mail with their command number (that i can verify) and give them a personalized (with a dedication if they want) certificate with the number of the print and my sign..

Now of course i cannot physically ship that with the print. But i would give them something to print via mail, that would still be unique for them (signed and numbered digitally, but for each print) and authentic.

Would you like that ?

Also, more touchy. I'm thinking about removing most of the print options on redbubble to avoid the usual confusion about 10,000 print types. They now have an art print option, which is more expensive (from 21 to 64 euros) but the quality is now really something, with 240gsm natural white archival paper with archival inks, and a white margin, AND finally frame compatible sizes!.
So i'm wondering about just letting that option (so no more inexpensive photo print (i'm not found of their texture) nor posters, and just the canvas option, cause this one is really something different that people like sometime.

Thoughts ?

I'd start that with the DKC serie. Also this first poster is clearly something with more sophisticated graphics for me and i'm trying to raise the bar, while finding my way in the art print world!

All of the paper and size stuff sounds great.

Not sure about the certificate part, but then I suspect I'm in the minority here. I don't really care that much about numbers or signatures or anything like that.

I mean if I can get them, sure. Like with all the stuff I get from Mockingbird, I ask to keep my same print number, but I've also made it clear that if he can't, it really isn't a big deal for me.

I dunno. How important is that certificate to the rest of you guys? Would it be worth the hassle to orioto?

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission Project #2

I'm going to start the list here for convenience sake. I need to have 100 people to make this happen at a reasonable price, I think. 50 works too, but the price per print would be 2x as much, if you don't mind that. In other words, the more the people the lower the price. Size is 24"x36" screenprint. I'd like to use Eclipse Workshop as well for this.

For those who know what it is via invoice, feel free to quote and add your name to the list if you're interested. If you don't know what it is yet, don't worry, I'll reveal it in April if the conditions are met. And you can't miss out -- so no need to rush or anything.

I realize International people don't know what it is yet cause I've yet to send the invoices for them. For international I might not send invoices until I have the prints on hand -- due to having to use ebay to collect the funds.

Please note that for this commission - #5 - it will be run the same way as the Thorp Metal Gear piece where funds will be collected before the artwork is completed. In other words, unlike commissions #2, 2A, 3, 3A, and 4, you will not be able to see the completed artwork and then decide later on if you want it. Those projects were more private commissions that I offered Neogaffers to get a copy of if they wanted, hence why you saw the completed piece first. Also, hopefully the turn-around time for this will be a lot shorter -- should be a lot shorter.

Payment will be divided into two steps as follows:

1. Collect payment for artwork to be completed.
2. Collect payment for printing, and also shipping and handling.

Should you not like the artwork when it's completed you might be able to get a refund on your spot if it's easily replaceable, as was the case with Metal Gear Solid.

This time around, if you do not join in on the commission from the development phase (pre-artwork completion), you cannot join in later on after the artwork is completed unless someone exits, most like. The reason for that is because it'd be unfair to the people that committed early on and fronted their money to get the project going. Or -- I might make it so if you do want to get in later on, the cost will be higher. So please keep that in mind.

The artist for this project loves this game and has always wanted to do something art-wise for it.

Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #5: ??? by ?????? ??? (Info revealed early for those who bought metal gear. For everyone else info comes in April).

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
20. Mockingbird's +1 (Sf33)
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. Clipjoint
27. Trasher
28. Salamando
29. Awesomesauce
30. Mockingbird's +2 (MiGia)

Previous commissions:

thusfar_zps633cd18a.png

Egnirys

I'm going to start the list here for convenience sake. I need to have 100 people to make this happen at a reasonable price, I think. 50 works too, but the price per print would be 2x as much, if you don't mind that. In other words, the more the people the lower the price. Size is 24"x36" screenprint. I'd like to use Eclipse Workshop as well for this.

For those who know what it is via invoice, feel free to quote and add your name to the list if you're interested. If you don't know what it is yet, don't worry, I'll reveal it in April if the conditions are met. And you can't miss out -- so no need to rush or anything.

I realize International people don't know what it is yet cause I've yet to send the invoices for them. For international I might not send invoices until I have the prints on hand -- due to having to use ebay to collect the funds.

Please note that for this commission - #5 - it will be run the same way as the Thorp Metal Gear piece where funds will be collected before the artwork is completed. In other words, unlike commissions #2, 2A, 3, 3A, and 4, you will not be able to see the completed artwork and then decide later on if you want it. Those projects were more private commissions that I offered Neogaffers to get a copy of if they wanted, hence why you saw the completed piece first. Also, hopefully the turn-around time for this will be a lot shorter -- should be a lot shorter.

Should you not like the artwork when it's completed you might be able to get a refund on your spot if it's easily replaceable, as was the case with Metal Gear Solid.

This time around, if you do not join in on the commission from the development phase (pre-artwork completion), you cannot join in later on after the artwork is completed unless someone exits, most like. The reason for that is because it'd be unfair to the people that committed early on and fronted their money to get the project going. Or -- I might make it so if you do want to get in later on, the cost will be higher. So please keep that in mind.

Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #5: ??? by ?????? ??? (Info revealed early for those who bought metal gear. For everyone else info comes in April).

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys

Previous commissions:

thusfar_zps633cd18a.png

Count me in. :D

Clipjoint

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. Clipjoint

I'm in of course.

I'm thinking of a way to add value and a more human touch to the redbubble prints. So i had this idea to let people send me a mail with their command number (that i can verify) and give them a personalized (with a dedication if they want) certificate with the number of the print and my sign..

Now of course i cannot physically ship that with the print. But i would give them something to print via mail, that would still be unique for them (signed and numbered digitally, but for each print) and authentic.

Would you like that ?

Also, more touchy. I'm thinking about removing most of the print options on redbubble to avoid the usual confusion about 10,000 print types. They now have an art print option, which is more expensive (from 21 to 64 euros) but the quality is now really something, with 240gsm natural white archival paper with archival inks, and a white margin, AND finally frame compatible sizes!.
So i'm wondering about just letting that option (so no more inexpensive photo print (i'm not found of their texture) nor posters, and just the canvas option, cause this one is really something different that people like sometime.

Thoughts ?

I'd start that with the DKC serie. Also this first poster is clearly something with more sophisticated graphics for me and i'm trying to raise the bar, while finding my way in the art print world!

Personally I always like it better when a print is only offered with one size option. And yeah, standard sizes are always preferred. As for printing your own certificate, personally I'm not too keen on that either, and I'm not sure I myself would bother printing it. A nice idea though, and I'm sure there are many that feel differently from me. And I'm not a fan of giclee on canvas either, but if that's what's popular then there's no need to stop it. Better paper is always preferred.

On a separate note would anyone be interested in doing a commission print with Justin Gerard?

I'd be surprised if we could afford his work...

So I'm curious, when commissioning a piece, is it typical to just provide the artist with the subject and see what they come back with, or does the commissioner (who is always named Gordon) sometimes/oftentimes give an idea of what they'd like to see done with the subject? I realize there probably isn't a catch-all answer here.

That varies per project and artist. I've done one where I did a lot of art direction, and also none as well. Golden Time had more direction than Paprika, for instance. Some artists might not like art direction either. If you have something in mind, then art direction is required. But if you just want to see what the artist will come up with, then there might not be any need for a lot of art direction -- if any.

So art direction can be dictating the whole scene or some subtle changes. Here is an example from my most recent one:

artdirection_zps4eb4c481.png

Since this was a personal piece, there were some minor details that I wanted to change and the artist was totally ok with it the whole way. Sure, some may prefer the original, but since it's a personal piece -- the last revision is the one I like best.

Best to keep in mind not all artists are ok with art direction and some are very cool with it. I think Mitch from Mondo said they don't tell Olly to do anything -- which doesn't necessarily mean he won't take art direction, though. But just an example of no art direction.

Aw hell, sure, count me in on the new commission.

Gah! Here:

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy

Trasher

Gah! Here:
I'm in...even though I'm doing local pickup and you never told me what it was! :p

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. Trasher

LaneDS

Thanks for answering the question regarding input to the artist Mockingbird.

Looked through a bunch of the artist's work for the next piece and think the potential for something special is high. Really creative and seems to do a number of styles well.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I'm in...even though I'm doing local pickup and you never told me what it was! :p

Yup me too lol.

The artist for this project loves this game and has always wanted to do something art-wise for it.

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. AwesomeSauce

Previous commissions:

thusfar_zps633cd18a.png

Salamando

I'd love to be in on this "mystery" print. Adding my name to most recent list.

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. AwesomeSauce
27. Salamando

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. Clipjoint
27. Trasher
28. Salamando
29. Awesomesauce

Previous commissions:

thusfar_zps633cd18a.png

The above list is updated. Some names were inadvertently left out. Next person, please quote the above list.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Got the invoice. Will pay later today, thanks mockingbird for everything. Btw, you can add me to the next commission list. ;)

orioto

Good Art™
All of the paper and size stuff sounds great.

Not sure about the certificate part, but then I suspect I'm in the minority here. I don't really care that much about numbers or signatures or anything like that.

I mean if I can get them, sure. Like with all the stuff I get from Mockingbird, I ask to keep my same print number, but I've also made it clear that if he can't, it really isn't a big deal for me.

I dunno. How important is that certificate to the rest of you guys? Would it be worth the hassle to orioto?

Personally I always like it better when a print is only offered with one size option. And yeah, standard sizes are always preferred. As for printing your own certificate, personally I'm not too keen on that either, and I'm not sure I myself would bother printing it. A nice idea though, and I'm sure there are many that feel differently from me. And I'm not a fan of giclee on canvas either, but if that's what's popular then there's no need to stop it. Better paper is always preferred.

Yeah you're making me doubt cause you're the two only guys answering and you don't care about the certificate :p

That's just me trying to put some value to my posters.. Cause red bubble can be pretty cold for people, they like to have something directly from the artist.

As for the paper i'm not sure i'll do the art print thing.. It's actually really expensive compared to usual posters at red bubble.. They offer a new semi-gloss poster that must be 3 times less expensive for the same size.. I could lose most of my sales with the art print size, and i'm not sure my art is aimed at rich poster collectors like those in that thread lol.

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. Clipjoint
27. Trasher
28. Salamando
29. Awesomesauce
31. ZROCOOL
32. listerfeend

Obviously in.

Sushigod7

I'd be surprised if we could afford his work...

It's totally doable he is willing to work with AP's to offset costs but need at least 30 to make it cheaper. We could do at 20 but it would be a little higher than some would want to spend. We aren't even close to 20 so it isn't looking good.

By the way Attack on Titan is still in the works??? Nice!!!

Sorry if I'm misreading the April bit, does that mean the subject will be put out in April or signups close in April? Rather, is it a blind sign up subject wise?

newjeruse

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. Clipjoint
27. Trasher
28. Salamando
29. Awesomesauce

Previous commissions:

thusfar_zps633cd18a.png
I already sent you a message, but in as well.

chibiboy

Neo Member

Would you like that ?

Thoughts ?

I think the personal email thing is a great gesture. Have you ever thought about actually mailing a customer some kind of personal sketch with a purchase (relating to whatever was bought)? Doesn't have to be crazy or anything, but it would be more personal coming direct from the artist. You could have the customers pay postage. I think it would be nice as an option.

If you want to add value, I don't think you could do anything else besides having a timed-sale or limited number run. People like collecting things that aren't too easy to obtain. The "limited" factor combined with something people like will be enough. Either way, if you create something the masses want it will sell regardless.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. Clipjoint
27. Trasher
28. Salamando
29. Awesomesauce

Previous commissions:

thusfar_zps633cd18a.png

Hey Mock, I'm in for this one as well.

ohkay

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. Clipjoint
27. Trasher
28. Salamando
29. Awesomesauce
31. ZROCOOL
32. listerfeend
33. Newjeruse
34. Filthy Slug
35. Ohkay
I have no idea what it is, but judging by the previous commissions it'll probably be great.

Duuke

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. Clipjoint
27. Trasher
28. Salamando
29. Awesomesauce
31. ZROCOOL
32. listerfeend
33. Newjeruse
34. Filthy Slug
35. Ohkay
36. Duuke

Been lurking here way too long, sign me up!

orioto

Good Art™
I think the personal email thing is a great gesture. Have you ever thought about actually mailing a customer some kind of personal sketch with a purchase (relating to whatever was bought)? Doesn't have to be crazy or anything, but it would be more personal coming direct from the artist. You could have the customers pay postage. I think it would be nice as an option.

If you want to add value, I don't think you could do anything else besides having a timed-sale or limited number run. People like collecting things that aren't too easy to obtain. The "limited" factor combined with something people like will be enough. Either way, if you create something the masses want it will sell regardless.

Well mailling directly .. i don't really want to go to that territory cause i've got people all around the world and this is the kind of thing that quickly takes all your time and create problems.

But indeed i hope the limited number + personal sign (even if it's not physical) is already something pleasant. I just drop the art print idea cause too expensive i think.

Natlebug

Neo Member
I would like to be a part. But whenever I click the 'Quote' button, I continually get an error message :( This is a new problem so I don't know how long it will take to fix. Junior member FTL.

I would like to be a part. But whenever I click the 'Quote' button, I continually get an error message :( This is a new problem so I don't know how long it will take to fix. Junior member FTL.

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. Clipjoint
27. Trasher
28. Salamando
29. Awesomesauce
31. ZROCOOL
32. listerfeend
33. Newjeruse
34. Filthy Slug
35. Ohkay
36. Duuke
37. Natlebug
I got you.

Sushigod7

Anyone catch the preview Olly posted of his almost complete 20 GoT characters?? Looks pretty amazing, Olly if you do the set make them on one sheet so we don't go broke with separate frames or matting all those!!

I am in, Mockingbird.

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. Clipjoint
27. Trasher
28. Salamando
29. Awesomesauce
31. ZROCOOL
32. listerfeend
33. Newjeruse
34. Filthy Slug
35. Ohkay
36. Duuke
37. Natlebug
38. Hypertrooper

Just want to say, there's no need to hurry to sign up. I would recommend doing so after I reveal what it is. The list is just for my convenience sake, in case I miss the pm or paypal notes.

Like, I said earlier, you cannot miss out. So please don't worry about it. Cause if you sign up blindly, it might end up being Puella Magi Madoka Magika or something you might not like -- but I do. Then you would want out of the list and the list order will be all messed up.

If you're international and you really want to know what it is you can pm me as well, since the invoice is going out later for you guys. Sorry about that.

In terms of cost, if I can get 100 people committed, I think the cost per print with printing and artist fee would be at least $65 each, prior to shipping. This is a wild guess. It depends on the amount of colors, the paper used, how much time it would take to do the color separations, if we use metallics, if there's glow in the dark, if we're using UV inks and varnish, etc.

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. Clipjoint
27. Trasher
28. Salamando
29. Awesomesauce
31. ZROCOOL
32. listerfeend
33. Newjeruse
34. Filthy Slug
35. Ohkay
36. Duuke
37. Natlebug
38. Hypertrooper
40. Mockingbird's +3 MQ

Egnirys

Just want to say, there's no need to hurry to sign up. I would recommend doing so after I reveal what it is. The list is just for my convenience sake, in case I miss the pm or paypal notes.

Like, I said earlier, you cannot miss out. So please don't worry about it. Cause if you sign up blindly, it might end up being Puella Magi Madoka Magika or something you might not like -- but I do. Then you would want out of the list and the list order will be all messed up.

If you're international and you really want to know what it is you can pm me as well, since the invoice is going out later for you guys. Sorry about that.

In terms of cost, if I can get 100 people committed, I think the cost per print with printing and artist fee would be at least $65 each, prior to shipping. This is a wild guess. It depends on the amount of colors, the paper used, how much time it would take to do the color separations, if we use metallics, if there's glow in the dark, if we're using UV inks and varnish, etc.

Only if Mami is headless plz.

Bii

Anyone catch the preview Olly posted of his almost complete 20 GoT characters?? Looks pretty amazing, Olly if you do the set make them on one sheet so we don't go broke with separate frames or matting all those!!

I, too, wouldn't mind having it all on one sheet like he did for his Heroes '97.

Fletcher

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. Clipjoint
27. Trasher
28. Salamando
29. Awesomesauce
30. Mockingbird's +2
31. Fletcher

This is for the commission mentioned in the invoice, right?

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
21. Rinemie
22. Egnirys
23. BreakyBoy
24. Omie
25. chibiboy
26. Clipjoint
27. Trasher
28. Salamando
29. Awesomesauce
30. Mockingbird's +2
31. Fletcher
32. 898
In

Fletcher

Hey people that have sold prints before. I'm really tempted to bite on an offer for my Jaws for $1050. I love the print, but 1050 is kinda nuts and I could use the money to buy a new camera. Has anyone sold a print for a lot. Should I get paypal money first( I would assume so)? Insure it for the 1050? I'm not one to sell things. Sorry for the dumb questions.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hey people that have sold prints before. I'm really tempted to bite on an offer for my Jaws for $1050. I love the print, but 1050 is kinda nuts and I could use the money to buy a new camera. Has anyone sold a print for a lot. Should I get paypal money first( I would assume so)? Insure it for the 1050? I'm not one to sell things. Sorry for the dumb questions.

heavily photograph the print, corners, edges, number, etc.

Get paid via Paypal.

Ship via USPS Priority, in a yazoo mills tube, with kraft and tissue paper, with the roll taped smalled than the tube.

For a 1000 dollar plus piece, I'd generally ship the tube inside of some sort of shipping box, (with padding/bubble wrap around the tube) for an extra layer of protection.

Insure for the full value.

Make the buyer pay for shipping + insurance.

IronRinn

heavily photograph the print, corners, edges, number, etc.

Get paid via Paypal.

Ship via USPS Priority, in a yazoo mills tube, with kraft and tissue paper, with the roll taped smalled than the tube.

For a 1000 dollar plus piece, I'd generally ship the tube inside of some sort of shipping box, (with padding/bubble wrap around the tube) for an extra layer of protection.

Insure for the full value.

Make the buyer pay for shipping + insurance.

Thousand dollar print, I would probably go with PVC for shipping.

Also, If we're talking about the Jaws print by Laurent Durieux, $1050.00 is kind of low. One just went for $1700.00.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Thousand dollar print, I would probably go with PVC for shipping.

Also, If we're talking about the Jaws print by Laurent Durieux, $1050.00 is kind of low. One just went for $1700.00.

holy shit, 1700? really

daaaaamn.

and PVC isn't needed. Just put a yazoo tube with it wrapped correctly inside of the tube, inside of a shipping box with proper packing around the tube. You don't want to rely on just a tube (PVC or not) for 1000 dollar plus prints.

IronRinn

holy shit, 1700? really

daaaaamn.

and PVC isn't needed. Just put a yazoo tube with it wrapped correctly inside of the tube, inside of a shipping box with proper packing around the tube. You don't want to rely on just a tube (PVC or not) for 1000 dollar plus prints.

Yep. Some dude sold it, Buy It Now, for just $750.00 a few days before. That has to hurt. Average for March is about $1200.00.

As for shipping, I don't know, I've sent prints all over the place in tubes and as long as you roll them smaller than the tube, I find they're ok.

Of course, I've never shipped a $1000 print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom